It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Groups Sue to Stop Schools from Adopting Science Standards

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by Truth_Hz

I think I'll go ahead and go back to bed instead of count the ways your perspective is off the wall WRONG.

I will note a hint . . .

God doesn't tend to often prove Himself to those who are hostile to Him from the git-go.

However, He is frequently overtly strong and mighty in behalf of those who trust Him with child-like faith.

THAT'S been proven relentlessly over many centuries.

Perhaps we should just drop all scientific education and let you say empty, intellectually worthless nonsense like that to a bunch of children all day long.

I'm sure one of your students will cure cancer.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Yeah. Actually, Intelligent Design has far far far far MORE science supporting it than evolution ever had or hoped to have.

However, the globalist power brokers who have used evolution for so many decades to trash the old order . . . are getting set to trash evolution in favor of

the critters did it . . . i.e. the ET's/fallen angels and panspermia etc. etc. etc.

So, the religion of Scientism is getting set to throw out some not quite so old order dogma in favor of some new order dogma.

Of course, the educational system WILL HAVE TO COMPLY. There will be NO CHOICE.

BTW, you might practice your kowtowing with your face in the dirt.

The NWO folks will not tolerate any less than that in worship of their world leader.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRegal

I see that your experiences seem to have been anemic to nonexistent about such things. What a pity.

Perhaps . . . depending on heart attitudes involved . . . the not distant future may give you a chance to have more robust and more-accurately-truthful-about-reality experiences. However, given the attitude observed, perhaps not.

Inexperience can be a very constricting and limiting thing. The inexperienced can even begin to think that they know something.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

BO XIAN

Yeah. Actually, Intelligent Design has far far far far MORE science supporting it than evolution ever had or hoped to have.

Please explain how the first couple passages from the book of genesis equals "far far far far MORE science" than the countless amounts of peer reviewed articles from numerous amounts of scientists. Also provide proof of all this evidence. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.

However, the globalist power brokers who have used evolution for so many decades to trash the old order . . . are getting set to trash evolution in favor of

Irrelevant, there is no proof that anyone is squashing intelligent design in order to promote evolution. All that ever happens is people like you who can't or won't understand evolution correctly, get offended that evolution contradicts your flimsy hypothesis (ID isn't even a scientific theory, so I won't give it the credit of calling it as such) of intelligent design. You cannot say that because every pro-evolutionist disagrees with ID, that there is some grand conspiracy to supplant it. That is ridiculous. First off you need a viable theory to even be supplanted, which you don't.

Again provide this mountain of proof in favor of intelligent design, and DO NOT post the bible as a source. Even IF that could be counted as a legitimate source, it is just one source and doesn't constitute mountains of evidence.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I would love to be whatever pills you're on for your arthritis mate, you have done nothing but spout incoherent drivel...

Where is this far far far far more evidence for Intelligent Design (By the way I will not accept answers such as "Look around you" or anything to do with bananas) I have yet to see a peer reviewed study that comes even close to supporting Intelligent Design let alone be classed as evidence..

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Actually, I tended to mention solid research findings to my students far above that of the average prof.

I made sure to emphasize those which facilitated them having better personal psychologies and better families and better work relationships and success. And, thankfully, many of my students in China, Taiwan and the Western USA have gone on to accomplish many wonderful things. I'm very thankful for that.

However, I'm sure there are other Christians . . . a few of them . . . on ATS . . . that you can find a list of reasons to trash. And I certainly have no doubt or delusion that you'll abandon trashing me for every excuse you can think of.

So carry on. Far be it from me to hinder you from building up such a huge horrendous harvest of so much energetic sowing.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Again, I'm not that into dogged exercises in futility and wasted efforts.

There are plenty of evolution/Creation threads hereon as well as on

www.freerepublic.com...

if you are seriously interested in exploring FACTS

instead of the RELIGIOUS DOGMA of the Religion of Scientism.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

BO XIAN

Lmao.

Oh, do go on, Mr Lane Craig.

Tell me all about the watchmaker and the impossibility of something being created from nothing without a creator, but the creator, of course, not needing to have come from anything.

Tell me how the laws of math are so complex because it's a created system, and not just because we have a complex way of describing things as humans.

Tell me that carbon dating is wrong.

Tell me that dinosaurs never existed, and the bones are in the ground to test our faith.

Tell me that figs are OK to eat but f*gs should be killed.

Tell me more, please do. It's sure to be veeeeeery compelling.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

See my post just above.

Intelligent Design doesn't have to involve Genesis at all. However, Genesis has proven literally true in case after case over the last 100+ years whenever the "textual criticism" school declared it was false, later archaeological studies proved over and over that the text was far more accurate than many thought possible.

But from a strictly secular standpoint, evolution is an ignorant farce.

NO observable authentically scientific experience of any great lengthy duration has ever supported evolution.

And to believe that something far more complex and grand than a 747 or the Gerald Ford aircraft carrier slowly assembled itself out of the junk yard is one of the most ignorant and stupid bits of DOGMA of the Religion of Scientism ever concocted in the halls of hell.

It's soooo fascinating that certain types of personalities and perspectives sucked it up pretending it was a chocolate milkshake when the only thing it had in common with the reality was that it was brown.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

BO XIAN

Actually, I tended to mention solid research findings to my students far above that of the average prof.

I made sure to emphasize those which facilitated them having better personal psychologies and better families and better work relationships and success. And, thankfully, many of my students in China, Taiwan and the Western USA have gone on to accomplish many wonderful things. I'm very thankful for that.

However, I'm sure there are other Christians . . . a few of them . . . on ATS . . . that you can find a list of reasons to trash. And I certainly have no doubt or delusion that you'll abandon trashing me for every excuse you can think of.

So carry on. Far be it from me to hinder you from building up such a huge horrendous harvest of so much energetic sowing.

That's all warm and fuzzy. Real cute. Anyways, tell me, how many vaccines did they develop afterwards?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Naw. y'all concoct plenty excuse to spew without me.

I have better things to focus on.

Solid ID information is available aplenty.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

BO XIAN

Again, I'm not that into dogged exercises in futility and wasted efforts.

There are plenty of evolution/Creation threads hereon as well as on

www.freerepublic.com...

if you are seriously interested in exploring FACTS

instead of the RELIGIOUS DOGMA of the Religion of Scientism.

Don't dodge the question. You are the one who made the claim of mountains of evidence. I've read many of the creationist threads on this forum and I know that there hasn't been ANY viable evidence presented on any of those threads in favor of ID. All that stuff has been debunked or shown to be the logical fallacies that they are. Post the information, don't make claims then cop out when asked to provide evidence.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Oh there's plenty of it.

It's not information, though. It's nonsense.

What you're basically trying to convince me is that someone who is more intelligent than all of us built us with our eyes inside out and upside down just so that we can't use our brain at full capacity with our eyes open.

The guy could've done a better job considering his apparent perfection.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by Krazysh0t

See my post just above.

Intelligent Design doesn't have to involve Genesis at all. However, Genesis has proven literally true in case after case over the last 100+ years whenever the "textual criticism" school declared it was false, later archaeological studies proved over and over that the text was far more accurate than many thought possible.

No it wasn't and I will maintain that until you provide proof to show otherwise (which there is none of)

But from a strictly secular standpoint, evolution is an ignorant farce.

NO observable authentically scientific experience of any great lengthy duration has ever supported evolution.

There is mountains of evidence to support evolution. We have timelines showing how most animals alive today came to be. Not to mention that 99% of all living life on this planet is extinct. Kind of puts a damper on the whole "God created everything simultaneously" argument.

And to believe that something far more complex and grand than a 747 or the Gerald Ford aircraft carrier slowly assembled itself out of the junk yard is one of the most ignorant and stupid bits of DOGMA of the Religion of Scientism ever concocted in the halls of hell.

Ignorant comparison. Airplanes are intelligently designed. Humans and other animals aren't.

It's soooo fascinating that certain types of personalities and perspectives sucked it up pretending it was a chocolate milkshake when the only thing it had in common with the reality was that it was brown.

What's more fascinating is that so many people ignore all the evidence to support evolution in favor of a flimsy theory with little to no evidence to support it and then make an even CRAZIER claim that some magical sky person poofed all of existence and life into being 6000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

That is the worst website I have ever seen...

Can you please take the time to back up your ridiculous claims with links to actual proof or you are undermining your whole stance and will be rubbished..

I am actually giving you a chance to argue your side and you say you can't be bothered....

Weak..

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by BO XIAN

The scientific community has something to back themselves up though...it's called the scientific method for checking facts.
Religion has no facts where as science has, religion has faith which does not equal truth, science has facts which are truths.
Oh and that thread was blown outa the water by facts...better luck next time eh?.

Sometimes Bo (most of the time) I think you want the world to go backwards to 1812 where burning people who question Religion would be seen as ok.
edit on 29-9-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

That is laughable. The scientific method means you can observe something happening, and create experiments that can be duplicated. Evolution specifically cannot be observed because it is said to happen slowly over millions of years. They cannot show one example of one kind changing to a different kind and that is not about adaptation. They have tested bacteria and fruit flies for 60+ years and they are still the same species, though they have purposefully encouraged mutations.

So, if something is believed based on non-observable evidence then it is faith, and that my friend is a religion. Evolution is a religion in the clearest sense of faith to believe it.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

That is laughable. The scientific method means you can observe something happening...

No it doesn't.

Scientific method

The scientific method is a body of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge.[1] To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry must be based on empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.[2] The Oxford English Dictionary defines the scientific method as: "a method or procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."[3]

(emphasis added)

Observation is just one form of collecting evidence to support your hypothesis in the scientific method. Maybe actually learn what the scientific method says and means before commenting on it.
edit on 26-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Grimpachi

. Christian groups filed a pair of lawsuits in Federal District Court challenging the Kansas state Board of Education’s decision to implement a state-wide set of science standards. On June 11, the Kansas state Board of Education adopted a universal set of science standards to be taught in classrooms across the state from kindergarten to grade 12. Faith groups are up in arms that their beliefs are not being given more credence in science classes.

According to a statement on the Pacific Justice Institute’s website, the teaching of science in all of the state’s public schools could create “a hostile learning environment for those of faith.” The institute — which purports to defend “religious freedom, parental rights and other civil liberties” — is challenging the fact that the new science standards do not give equal weight to the Christian creation myth.

The suit alleges that the new standards will “promote religious beliefs that are inconsistent with the theistic religious beliefs of plaintiffs, thereby depriving them of the right to be free from government that favors one religious view over another.” The group asked the court to place an injunction on the implementation of Next Generation Science Standards and the corresponding lesson plan handbook, Framework for K-12 Science Education: Practices, Crosscutting Concepts and Core Ideas.

Another group, the Citizens for Objective Public Education (COPE, Inc.) filed suit on Sep. 26 demanding that the new curricula not be instituted. In a press release, CORE said that the science standards would “will have the effect of causing Kansas public schools to establish and endorse a non-theistic religious worldview,” which the group said is a violation of the First and Fourteenth Amendments of the U.S. Constitution.

Brad Dachus of Pacific Justice complained that is a violation of a child’s rights to teach them that Creationism isn’t the truth.

“(I)t’s an egregious violation of the rights of Americans to subject students — as young as five — to an authoritative figure such as a teacher who essentially tells them that their faith is wrong,” he said.

He maintained that to teach science “that is devoid of any alternative which aligns with the belief of people of faith is just wrong.”

COPE, Inc. said that the science standards have a “concealed Orthodoxy” that is bent on undermining the views of the faithful.

“The Orthodoxy is not religiously neutral as it permits only materialistic/atheistic answers to ultimate religious questions,” said the group’s statement. The group maintained that questions like “Where do we come from?” can only be answered honestly by religious dogma.

The statement went on to say that “teaching the materialistic/atheistic ideas to primary school children whose minds are susceptible to blindly accepting them as true” is unconstitutional and dangerous, and therefore the new science standards must be stopped. .

Found a working link original story is linked inHere

Ok just WOW. I am wondering what these new science standards are. Maybe they list a few facts like dinosaurs and humans did not live at the same time. Does anyone think their lawsuit will hold up in court? Obviously some groups have a fear of science.
edit on 29-9-2013 by Grimpachi because: Link problems

I agree WOW. The year is 2013 and yet certain elements in society, probably the same who persecuted those that said the Earth wasn't flat in days gone by still seem to have such a loud voice today. Science does not say there is no God it simply provides far more detail as to the intricacies of the natural world. In the US they are more prevalent than other countries but the world over the fight against religious stupidity of all nature is ongoing.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by Grimpachi

Ahhhh Sooooooo

one RELIGION [of scientism]

is suing about

another RELIGION

taking more strong armed !CONTROL! of the public indoctrination system.

There's a good thread on here that I don't have a handy link to . . . about the fallacies of "settled science."

The Bishops of the religion of scientism are no less narrow, rigid, authoritarian, willfully blind etc. than those they accuse of the same in the Christian camp.

What are you even talking about ?? Science has its foundation in detailed observation, recording of said observation and proven facts as to the physical and chemical nature of the natural world. Things as simple as hot air rises and how to produce electricity. I do believe in a higher power but the irrational conformatist religious view undermines the very fundamental idea of faith in religion. It was never intended to be an explanation of the world and the various mechanisms that exist. I just wish more people who worked on building a genuine relationship with God would speak out about the hypocrisy of the pathetic folks who can behave like a holes but yet think they are good purely because they go to their conformatist little church every week and how fundamentally irrational they are to think the Bible should be a replacement for educated observation.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Just registered to post this, maybe you find it interesting or not lol.

So there is a guy named Harry Hubbard which I have no relation with, that says he read thousands of books and he is willing to publicly debate (for money) various points of discussion in which he claims never lost a debate, he also claims that opinions and faith don't matter, I will leave link and quotes:

I will publicly debate the following issues at any time, anywhere, for MONEY! Should someone wish to debate these controversial topics, it must be remembered this side has consumed thousands of books of fact and matter pertaining to the topics listed below. There is no choice but to use printed data as actual evidence to establish true facts step by step; opinions, as well as faith, will not and do not matter.

Bottom line, if your sources date back further than the house...you win. Under every circumstance thus far, the opposition has been annihilated. Several of these issues have already been debated in public and no one (so far) has come close. If you've only seen a one hour show on the DISCOVERY Channel or the TLC Network concerning these extremely delicate issues: Please don't bother. This Topical Section is for persons who have read at least 2000-3000 non-fiction books so far in their lifetime.....All others are eligible to wave pom-poms and cheer. Harry Hubbard, is solely responsible for this Debate Page and will singularly accept full responsibility for the following data listed by subject in alphabetical order:

Quoting just the point of debate that matters in this topic:

5) Darwin: The Theory of Evolution is nothing but a concoction of animal origin designed to make humans think their great grandfathers were monkeys. When one believes they came from an ape, then they are most likely to believe other falsehoods as well, including what has been listed so far and further below. Any person who believes in the Darwinian Theory of Evolution is simply ignorant.

link: illinoiscaves.com...

I would sure love to see/hear his points of argument.
edit on 26-11-2013 by StarSoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2013 by StarSoul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join