It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the anti-war protesters now?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
There are protests planned for the weekend, both in the UK and US, too late though I imagine. The decision has clearly been made.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Cuervo
Why don't conservatives protest wars like the liberals do?

Many of us are/were serving/fighting at the time.

Why? What were you fighting for?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

I can only answer for myself. To speak for anyone else would be presumptuous.

I believed what my government told me.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

I can only answer for myself. To speak for anyone else would be presumptuous.

I believed what my government told me.

Fair answer

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Error, OP, don't you know about Obama crapping on four amendments.
No Guns no protesting no saying we are pissed about the war.
Why do you think he put the NDAA in place.
To shut us up, throw us in jail, no judge no jury.
Everyone is afraid to protest, lest we be put on the no fly list, or solitary confinement.
No even seems to realize this guy uses all of Hitler tactics

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
If they'd protest the attack on Syria that would be construed as being anti Obama. On the left, there is no disagreement with the party, period. You're either all in or you're out. No free thought or independence is tolerated.
I don't think too many on the left really are anti war, honestly. They seem to revel in blood and violence if there's political gain from it. The right doesn't enjoy it, they just don't care.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Beaux

Who says Assad used chemical weapons? This is a pretty good article and it pretty much says what I have been saying. Both sides are the bad actors on this stage.

www.independent.co.uk...

In Iraq, we went to war on the basis of lies originally uttered by fakers and conmen. Now it’s war by YouTube. This doesn’t mean that the terrible images of the gassed and dying Syrian civilians are false. It does mean that any evidence to the contrary is going to have to be suppressed. For example, no-one is going to be interested in persistent reports in Beirut that three Hezbollah members – fighting alongside government troops in Damascus – were apparently struck down by the same gas on the same day, supposedly in tunnels. They are now said to be undergoing treatment in a Beirut hospital. So if Syrian government forces used gas, how come Hezbollah men might have been stricken too? Blowback?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Code Pink

So...the Code Pink folk are buying into the MSM line. Neo is right, this is the Zimmerman trial on steroids.

There is NO proof on who used these weapons as of yet.

But people are screaming for war. Gimme a break.

Uh no... they are simultaneously protesting the Assad regime and US foreign policy...

That's not the way it looks to me in the link you provided. Even the headline targets one government.

Activists Stage Die-in at Syrian Embassy to Shame Syrian Government for Massacring its own People

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Well, I got my quota of people I've disgusted for the week and it's only hump day.

If you have seen any of my other posts, you would realize that I am not "for" this war and quite adament against it.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Plenty of protests planned.

Though I think after the absolutely massive No War In Iraq protests where millions of us took to the streets, and our governments completely ignored us, many people now feel as if there is just no point in protesting again.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Obama, or Dems vs Reps. And I sincerely hope OP is going to step away from being a keyboard warrior and join the protests on the streets.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

First you say protest don't work.

Then you urge the OP to participate or he'll be a keyboard warrior.

Which is it? Besides, isn't it a little premature at this point?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I haven't seen squat coming out of that camp recently. Prior to Iraq, we had plenty of anti-war marches going on all over the country.

Where are they now?
edit on 27-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

Queuing at the food stamp office!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
When "THEY" do it it's okay because they are better people. So the end justifies the means.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
Plenty of protests planned.

Though I think after the absolutely massive No War In Iraq protests where millions of us took to the streets, and our governments completely ignored us, many people now feel as if there is just no point in protesting again.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Obama, or Dems vs Reps. And I sincerely hope OP is going to step away from being a keyboard warrior and join the protests on the streets.

You are right, this doesn't have anything to do with political ideology, though it can be easily misconstrued that way.

I would if such an event were to take place here were I live. But I cannot find anything. I am a original Tea-Partier before they were co-opted (I've joined a smaller independent Tea Party group since that happened) and was also with OWS when they first started but I didn't like the direction they went either.

Unfortunately, I cannot travel long distances to attend any event further than a hour drive.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

look at the rate of instant background checks per
month or per month sales of ammunition to private
citizens and then ask yourself if the citizens have lost the will.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Painterz

First you say protest don't work.

Then you urge the OP to participate or he'll be a keyboard warrior.

Which is it? Besides, isn't it a little premature at this point?

I guess I'm damned if I do, or damned if I don't.
Though it is not taking to the streets, polls are showing a massive amount of people saying to this administration, don't go there, this is not our fight. Even more so than Iraq.

I'm wondering though that if the west does attack Syria, will the protests then start? If so, a day late and a dollar short. And I think more than likely they will be reminiscent of the last days of the OWS movement with mini-riots obscuring the message. Then winter sets in and everybody goes home to stay warm.
edit on 28-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beaux
reply to post by TDawgRex

What is there to protest at the moment? U.S. threats that amount to little? Protests of other "wars" were about putting American fighting forces in harm's way without clear cause. That has not even been discussed at this point.

What a terrible comparison between two totally different military reactions.
edit on 27-8-2013 by Beaux because: Typo

Oh Bo it has been discussed, we have no more proof that Assad gassed the people instead of someone else than we did that Iraq had WMDs or that we could actually accomplish something in Afganistaan or that we "had" to save the Vietnamese

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

If you skim so easily it's not shocking you can't find the answer to your question. It sort of reminds me of after 9/11... and the assumption that no Republicans or anyone on the Right protested/disagreed with the War on Terror. Even today a lot of people still think Conservatives worship GW Bush. I know it's not true because I looked beyond FOX, Rush... all the status quo pundits and I allowed myself to be corrected when I was wrong.

Google search results

Occupy also is/was very outspoken against Obama... it's too bad mentally ill people pooping on cop cars dominated the narrative instead of what we were saying about Obama's policies, including his continuation of 'policing' the entire world. The need to hate and mock us over-rode all else. I suspect your OP is much in the same vein. I don't think you're actually interested or curious about anything we have to say or protest about... all you wanted to do was apply the hypocrite label and have another anti-librul circle jerk.

edit on 28-8-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Can I assume, reading all these "what can we do since they're both corrupt?" that in 2016 we'll see either record low turnout or record support for a third party?

Or will the same old thing happen and all the talk and bravado will take a backseat to partisan politics on the eve of the great R or D lever pull?

Opinions of the POTUS, Congress, the economy and action in Syria are at or near record lows after all.
edit on 28-8-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I grew up in the 60's where protesting for peace was a daily event. It helped to inform my growing sense of civics that we lived in a free country where dissent was welcome and part of our basic human rights.

But those protestors grew up and became part of the liberal establishment, still speaking out about liberal causes. Sadly, the new liberal cause is to destroy America. Perhaps it is a bi-partisan cause.

Where are the hippies and the protestors who cared so much about peace and being anti-establishment?

They ARE the establishment now.

And they're dismantling this country piece by piece.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join