It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester shot in chest with his hands up - Egypt 2013

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I don't have a Youtube account and did not see the video. I'll agree with the good Professor, above, that we are making a lot of assumptions.

Perhaps the people in this thread can help me out. Was this a situation in which two sides were firing at each other? If we are to assume he wanted to surrender, is the appropriate way to do that to walk into the middle of a live fire zone, hoping not to be shot or hit by a ricochet?

Could the soldiers trust that he wanted to surrender, and not throw a grenade in a suicide attack, as another poster suggested?

This must have been a fairly significant engagement, and one person walking into the middle of it makes no sense to me. Will somebody help? What in the world was he thinking? And if we don't know what he was thinking, how do we know what the person who shot him was thinking, or hearing, or seeing?

P.s. Why are we calling him a protester? Is he holding a sign? Is he singing Pete Seeger songs? I don't see anything to indicate he is a protester. And if you're in that location, and aren't hiding as well as you can, a natural assumption is that you're a fighter.
edit on 17-8-2013 by charles1952 because: Add P.s.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
He shouldn't have been there in that moment.
You don't put your arms up and walk down the street

? ? ? wt ...
On reading that comment I can picture you supporting the likes of
Reginald Dyer's massacre of Gandhi's protesters
and Tienanmen square massacre ?

To clue you in . . .
What is currently happening in Egypt is equatable to :

A Coup d'état by foreign interests to overthrow a DEMOCRATIC government
(Morsi, President), and shoot-to-kill citizens,
denying their right to vote is a crime under international law.

This is no different to when the British took control of India
then shot and killed it's civilians, denying them to protest or vote.

. . . but then, if this happened in u.s. the brain-washed masses
would passively take the roll of pawns. *face palm*

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Dear ToneDeaf,

I hate to admit that I'm still confused, but there you are.

A Coup d'état by foreign interests to overthrow a DEMOCRATIC government (Morsi, President),
This one time, certainly, the foreign interests were not the United States. Who do you think they were? I thought this was pretty much homegrown.

and shoot-to-kill citizens, denying their right to vote is a crime under international law.

This is no different to when the British took control of India then shot and killed it's civilians, denying them to protest or vote.
I was under the impression there was no denial of the right to vote, but that Morsi engaged in unconstitutional activities, like disbanding the Court, and stuffing the Constituional drafting committee with his party members. (Among other offenses)

Morsi gets removed for his violations, and his party members try to get him back into office by, basically, blowing up the new government.

Or, did I misunderstand?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42
The attacks on police stations, government buildings,. .
have triggered this reaction from the army.

NO,NO definitely NO !
The military OVERTHREW the
DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT !
Get your FACTS straight !

International reporters targeted by military, and . .
Even Khaled Dawood (opposition to MB),
the National Salvation Front's (NSF) spokesman
has resigned due to mass killing of protesters.

sky-news-cameraman-killed
video : MILITARY ATTACKS HOSPITAL/ DOCTORS
The hospital was stormed by military takeover, SHOOTING THE DOCTORS
IN THE HOSPITAL !
(INTERNATIONAL -CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY!)

Egyptian woman trying to stop a bulldozer

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, you're right in how it appears. It's also hard to forget, this scene is surrounded by 360 degrees of multistory residential and general major metropolitan city. Secure? Not even close.... So it seems at least possible, tho I agree, not terribly likely.

It comes to mind mainly because the "protesters" we're looking at here are using similar tactics to what was used in Syria during the opening "peaceful protests" waayyy back when. Some on this thread may also have watched those and recall it from memory. These are very likely some of the same individuals here that have been in Syria this past year or more. If you look at some of the current street scenes, they look reminiscent of some Syrian cities and in such a shockingly short time too.

The theater of war has become their stock-in-trade for the Syrian campaign tho...so I'm going to be highly skeptical when scenes work hard to their advantage and were within their control to start and stop....like this one.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

NO,NO definitely NO !
The military OVERTHREW the
DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT !
Get your FACTS straight !

You mean the Government elected following it's supporters overthrowing the last Government to imprison the former legitimate leader? Unless someone has suggested Mubarak wasn't the legitimate leader. This isn't a Coup. It's a Counter-Coup. Lets ALL get our facts straight. They are obvious and outright textbook for simplicity on how this one has gone down, right down the line.

Neither side has a white hat here. Not at all. One is just a WHOLE lot blacker than the other.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

You are speculating a lot.

What we see is an unarmed man being shot.

What we see is a man being shot. He has nothing in his hands. That is all we KNOW. We have NO clue what was said to him or what he yelled in return unless there is an audio track I missed entirely.

We're all assuming a lot and in this case, most are assuming the Egyptian Military literally shot down a man for no better reason that personal or professional amusement. No reason, of ANY kind, is being given credit for why they might have done this. That is absurd. The Egyptian military is not some 3rd world death squad. This isn't even a single guy or small unit, but being suggested as happening in broad daylight in metro Cairo. Yeah....

I don't buy it from a professional military, which they are.

It's real fair to say whatever reason they had was a bad one...but then, did we see that body searched to know there was nothing? No.. Not that I saw. So we can't even be sure of that.

That's the nature of random segments of video covering a MUCH larger scene and event no one can see or even watch the conclusion to.

We're all speculating.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

First of all, I don't know why you bother to mention that his "Hands were up" he was clearly protesting, not surrendering.

I am not condoning the fact they shot the man, I'm just saying. You make it sound like it is one thing, when its acually another.

I clicked this link expecting to see a clearly innocent man get shot, I did not.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Mikeyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

reply to post by yourmaker

He should not have been protesting? Why not?

Why are you doing this to me?
I said he shouldn't have been there in that moment BECAUSE THEY'RE SHOOTING AT PEOPLE.
What did he expect to happen walking up to the people with guns shooting??

And what if this was their plan all along?
Instigate the violence and then cry foul when they come down hard on them for the money shots.

Doesn't the Geneva Convention cover this explicitly?

That's why it was a murder.
edit on 17-8-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It would be faaar more likely in this circumstance to imagine the MB shooting their own to point blame and reap the political rewards. Syrian propaganda tactics 101.
This is just my conspiracy mind at work please don't take it personal.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
It comes to mind mainly because the "protesters" we're looking at here are using similar tactics to what was used in Syria during the opening "peaceful protests"

As this ? :

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Fake video title is fake. Those are Egyptian Soldiers.
edit on 17-8-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Can you please explain what that is? I see a man with a scoped rifle. He could be what the title claims but I don't know "ILoveallah" to judge credibility and the video shows nothing but a man with a rifle on a rooftop somewhere on this planet. By the material, it looks adobe or stucco. Could be the Middle East. Could be Southeast L.A.. Are we really reduced to this sort of material as news?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

At the :30 sec mark on the right side of the screen, you can see another protester getting shot and hitting the ground (his head is right above the banner 2 guys are holding). A couple other protesters pick him up and drag him off right after the guy in the middle gets shot.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

His "spotter" has some writing on the back of his vest. I stopped the video to see if I could tell whether the letters were Hebrew, or Arabic. It was "Original Denim." Since that kind of tactical vest is only issued by crack, top secret Israeli forces, I'd say we have this one nailed down.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by spoonbender

Yeah if you watch in fullscreen you can see the exit holes appear -

Lady Tuatha: good thread, bringing attention to a true tragedy....what I think about is a year or so ago (I'm not good with timeframes, so forgive) and they were overthrowing Mubarek, and CNN was there....there were pics of kids on tanks with the military, and people in the streets celebrating their new "freedom."

It just makes you want to cry, for some of knew this "freedom" began with our being, militarily in Afghanistan, and then Iraq and a purposeful destabilization of the area in order to disband OPEC, and further, NATO and the UN......for their are obviously factions within our government who wish to extend domination.......and domination at this moment in time is about control over energy=oil........

Read J. Paul Getty's biography: first oil magnate. He moved to Europe to get away from what he saw as destructive forces in play politically in this world regarding what would become the control over oil production........

But the PEOPLE, in these countries, just trying to live, raise their children, worship and believe and live as they choose, always get caught in the middle of this struggle that keeps them struggling, dying, shedding blood, and it is beyond them to stop, no matter our leaders claims of trying to "spread democracy."

To stand back and see the history of this energy control and facilitation of war on the common people trying to do what I describe above, and then adding false flags to create anger and divide and concquer by ethnicity and race and religion, can literally drive one crazy.......

Thanks for your OP and bringing attention to what this newfound "freedom" has meant for Egypt, one of the more progressive Middle Eastern countries for many years, before Mubarek started to become and behave like a dictator just like Hussein.....

Of course, all just MHO, and who am I, after all.....just one watching the bloodshed and truly grieving for what it is to be someone in the middle of an "apocolyptic" situation out of your control, while all you are trying to do is live, day to day, moment by moment, like most of us......
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
As for the rest of the analysis on this thread, I am certainly in no position to comment...false flag, who done what, whichever, whomever, whatever....

We tend to do this on this website, take it apart, when just on human terms, it is tragic. Perhaps it is why we take it apart like that: We'd rather not believe it because the truth of some of it is just too hard to live with, go to sleep and get up in the morning and do it all over again, helplessly.....
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
A protester is shot in the chest whilst his arms are up in the air.

around the 40 second mark-

WARNING~~~~~GRAPHIC VIDEO

www.youtube.com...
you may have to sign in to view.

Its just sickening,

I dont know how anyone could easily shoot someone like that, he was clearly unarmed.

edit on Sat Aug 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: unembed video, add warning

You reap what you sew.

The guy will reap his deeds, you can't be evil and it not catch up to you one day. The guy in the video I posted who blew himself up is proof of that.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by wrabbit2000

His "spotter" has some writing on the back of his vest. I stopped the video to see if I could tell whether the letters were Hebrew, or Arabic. It was "Original Denim." Since that kind of tactical vest is only issued by crack, top secret Israeli forces, I'd say we have this one nailed down.

Yes indeed. That cracks the case! Like a Stetson hat on a Texas Ranger. The two are just so natural to go together, there can be no doubt. I agree.

(Hops down hole before exploding in laughter)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I shouldn't laugh but....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join