It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion, Are we prepared?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Anytime the conversation of alien invasion is brought to the table you always have the "survivor" complexes kick in with somebody. Immediately they want to kill the being. I've put alot of thought into this complex. I've dealt with it myself but never took the time to study it until later in my life when I had the wisdom to understand it.

Basically we must look at the obvious and see how huge the obvious really is. First of all we have no tolerance to seeing another being as capable as we are. With that no tolerance at hand the first thing we think is oh god something capable of killing me or out thinking me.

Because of this you automatically are going to be scared and intimidated. But that's on the surface. Really what we need to do is realize that any being that has the gonads to step out onto a physical plain and attempt to communicate with a primitive species. Is most likely here to teach us something.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I dont see how we COULD be prepared in any way. How does one prepare for that which is an unknown? Type, ways and means, methods, reasoning.

All could be so far out of our understanding...all we can really does is speculate based on years and years of books and movies about what we THINK they may be about. (and a zillion YouTube videos).

We have no real way for sure of even knowing, or understanding who they are, what they are, or want they will want. So, no.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

Like a lot of you I've spent quite the time pondering this one...

I'd say hell no we are not prepared. We are so unprepared, that all it would take was a private organization to hoax a large fleet of flying saucers over a couple cities- and the world would fall into martial law.
I'm laughing because that's all I have left!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Being that the otherworlders have already peaceably invaded our Earth...what with atmospheric intrusions into our airspace. bona fide UFO landings, UFO submersible intrusions --- proves that ET does surf --- as per Drusilla speak.

Are we prepared for a violent space alien tyrannical takeover of our planet? I think not...what with U.S. Government denial of the whole UFO cover up --- surely has the NSA/CIA/NRO --- running around like scared chicken's with there heads cut-off!!!

Based on my own eyewitness encounter of a plasma encased alien starship...the most likely method of the road towards complete Earth domination by the otherworlders [if they cared to try] --- would be the use of plasma weapon's --- which could possibly incinerate the complete land mass of our planet; though unconditional surrender might be a possible option for us.

Our only probable defense to the space alien onslaught...would be the research and development of magnetic disruptor aerial drones --- that would have the gravitational power of a micro-mini black hole ---- so as in order to somehow disrupt the two outer magnetic shields of the starship that contains the fusion plasma --- which could possibly make the starship vulnerable to ground to air/air to air missiles.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't know if we could ever be prepared for such a thing. Just like we would never truly be prepared for a zombie apocalypse or truly devastating pandemic, or a super-volcano going off. Those are game changers and how can we ever be prepared for ELE events?

I've always contemplated the abduction phenomenon and have come to different theories on why they are doing. It could be to save it's own race or...

Perhaps it's to immunize themselves against the Earth's natural flora, so that when they finally do come down here - simple things like bacteria and viruses aren't causing them to drop left and right. It could also be to create human 'drones' or an advanced race that looks like us, but works for them. Maybe they'll have 47 chromosomes or something?

There are other ways to invade and take a planet than overt force...
There's always subterfuge and espionage...

Cirque

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's not possible to be prepared for the unknown, we can be prepared for death because that is not unknown and is definately going to come one way or another to all of us.. be it through alien invasion or the bite of a bug who knows? in any case it seems by most posts we all assume aliens are observing us for no good reason, but what if these aliens are more like us than we realize, perhaps other aliens have crashed on their planet and they back engineered those craft and mastered space travel through that means, and are now exploring with their new found travel vehicles. and per chance came across planet earth.... they may in fact not be that far in front of our technology as we think.... or if they are advanced species from other galaxies, it doesn't follow that they are hostile, they may be a well sorted peaceful dwelling life form, who are co-existing with several other populated planets,... after reading and listening to people who claim to have been abducted by space travellers they all say the same thing....... they were rendered powerless and sort of paralysed... so these guys dont need guns or zappers,,,, those are our way of dealing with lifes sticky situations, it doesnt follow its the way of other planet dwelling life forms.....all of that does not mean you should run to one if you see it to give it a big hug..... but to be prepared for the unknown is not an option.... and governments do not have a safe haven, for there would be no hiding place if we are invaded by aliens, and most likely too it would be a silent war, which no one seems to be considering.... perhaps that would be the most amazing reflection of ww3 that it was a silent war..... how strange would that seem if we just contemplate it for a moment..... its not as mad as it sounds..all imho of course.......

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
OK heres my thing on the alien invasion....would be a great pixar movie.

We all assume that any alien species is far more advanced than us. Lets just presume that they are. Making great strides in interstellar travel. they make starships out of wood . but not so much in warfare.
In my comical mind I see these aliens coming to earth and unleashing their "ultimate" weapon...rocks lol
Imagine that pixar movie, they build star ships out of wood, conquer the galaxy by throwing rocks down at the weaker planets...

They show up at Earth, threatening to unleash their ultimate weapon....some kid( knowing Disney it would be some kinda sexy underage girl) takes them down with a flaming arrow.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We cant even control N Korea, let alone ET...no chance

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Given that any alien invading force would probably be thousands of years ahead of us technologically, I'd say we were about as ready as we're ever going to be.

It's unlikely that we would be able to stop a Von Neumann machine/Berserker whether it's the size of a bacteria or a planet. We're just doomed.

DOO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OOMED!!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
They once made a movie on insects showing how much smarter insects are than you might think and how they
often work together. Mosquitoes and bed bugs never had it so good as they continue to suck away on human blood.
What if these aliens are insectoid in nature and that is why they are not friendly and don't attempt serious communication with humans - sort of like the Raith in Stargate Atlantis sci-fi seriies. Their ideas of conquest of
humans may not be what you think, it could be worse - but like bug spray some sort of defense could be possible.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have always thought that the only protection against an super advanced alien attack would be diplomacy and negotiation. There is nothing else humanity posses that will even come close to what an intergalactic race of aliens could bring.

If they can travel the stars then we are nothing more than ants to them.

DC

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
What if these aliens are insectoid in nature and that is why they are not friendly and don't attempt serious communication with humans - sort of like the Raith in Stargate Atlantis sci-fi series.

I had a dream a while back about aliens, and they were essentially insectoids. The ones I dreamed about where 9 feet tall and were hideous, and the way they communicated was by screeching like the loudest cicada you can imagine, and it was horrifying. It became immediately obvious that we were going to have no chance to communicate rationally with them, and that we were doomed.

DOOMED!!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
In the history of nature there is a species of bird called the Dodo. which became extinct because it was so dumb
hunters [human and other animals] could creep up on it and kill it - if the bird could put up a defense it was too late
when it did - dodos are extinct. When you see a phenomena in the skys such as UFOs that often appears to be
intelligently controlled and show the possibility of a high technology and has not indicated any desire to communicate with humans, there is a potential big problem. They might decide that humans are a useless belligerent species that they don't like and decide to eliminate the human species. To say we could put up no defense and we are doomed is to take the attitude of the dodo bird and accept the demise of the human species. Some contingency plans in the event of an alien attack should be implemented and even if it fails at least we should be showing the universe that we were willing to fight.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hell no we aren't. Half the populace will flip out when something out of our reality shows up if it's hostile.I doubt we would suffer long.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Maybe the reason they never land is they are on auto pilot. Maybe greys were once pink ever wondered why people say there eyes seem lifeless.

Alien Zombies would be scary. Hungry as well because our brains would be much smaller than theirs.

Gnite all

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
no way we could be prepared for such a scenario,and i would like to take this chance to welcome our new Alien overlords.
what's the difference between Alien visitors treating us as cattle and pets and our own governments doing the same? one thing i'm fairly sure of is that any advanced species we would want to meet are not going to want to touch us with a 10 ft pole.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
UFO sightings became common place shortly after the first atomic bomb blasts near the end of WWII. We might
have got their attention. Before that they probably had little interest in that primitive species called man. With
nuclear weapons on the table they might now see man as a potential threat. They may decide man is too
warlike and dangerous for this part of the galaxy - And they could launch a preemptive strike just in case?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I don't think any alines wants this planet!

You know why? There is infinity of planets in the universe.
And if they can show up here, they could show up anywhere. They don't fly, I really don't believe that.
Somehow the E.Ts can like a mathematical calculation put the coordination where in the universe
they want to be.

So any Alien attack on this earth if you ask me, will be faked.
My thoughts.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

If there were hostile aliens capable of reaching our planet, we would be powerless to stop their aggression. There would be no hollywood style fightback

They would wipe us out as easily as you or i could go into the yard with a kettle of boiling water and destroy an anthill...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think there's more chance of them being hostile than benign.

What if some are already here posing as humans and will reveal themselves when it's time to launch their attack? That would be spooky.

They would probably be after a resource we have. Maybe it's water. All the other planets we find seem to have dried up.

Aside from an invasion, if they are visiting, I think they're just explorers, the same way we explore uncharted territories. They're doing that. They don't give a crap about our planet or the human race. Why would they? We don't even care about our fellow humans starving in other countries on our own planet. I don't care about them. If they exist.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join