It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus had lived longer, would his teachings have changed?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

His teachings still apply today.. not sure why it would have to change... it is not outdated and is spot on.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by BornOfSin

Do not call them 'the fallen ones' though as they do not like this. They say 'We do not fall, MAN falls.' This is because WE are the fallen ones. Not them.

Of course the "fallen ones" don't like to be called that because they don't want to be reminded that they aren't given a chance at redemption. They already knew the truth before they made their decisions to stray away from their original habitat and express their free will separate from God's will.

Jude 1:6

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Just like the christian goats do not want to see themselves as goats? You do understand that nothing you can preach from your view will ever change what the connected ones understand and know and are experiancing. We know by experiance what the bible is hinting at and the bible does not do it justice. You know when you are connected to love on a level you have never experianced during this life.

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

Have you ever felt the light restore you soul and start to sing childishly without reason?
Have you ever felt the comfort when you are sad of invisible "hands" caressing your head because you feel like you wan to be where the source of that love comes from?
Have you ever felt that your mind has no fear at all of death and if you need to make a point like the man in Tiananmen Square protests of 1989?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Santa Hat

Blood red moon

In the heart of the Ram..?! Now that is pretty trippy, imho.
The Day of the Cross.

Remember too that after Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus retrieved, with Pontias Pilate's permission, the body of Jesus (with his legs, unbroken) to be placed in Arimathea's new, unused tomb, that Nicodemus covered Jesus' body, in aloe.

And the two men in dazzling white clothes who the women encountered at the empty tomb, I'll betcha they had big smiles on their faces when they said "Why do you look for the living among the dead?"

The bottom line here is that we are all of us "punk'd" by God in the most ingenious manner, but I'm not suggesting that the cross is in any way a hoax no because knowing Jesus he would have went into the final ordeal double blind and obedient with faith even to the very point of death, his resurrection already seeded however in the unfolding of a fated destiny, to see another day on the other side of the tomb.

It's extraordinary! A happy ending with good absolutely triumphing over evil once and for all time, for US, for WE such that where the last are first and the first, last, the very best of the best of what life has to offer is held in reserve, for last. Therefore who gets the last laugh..? To feed us in this way, Jesus simply must have also got his and got to have his cake and eat it too. Let us follow him therefore not only to the cross, but also into the resurrected life!

Best regards,

NAM

P.S. If only we could come to understand just how humorous this all is. He even punk'd the OP, for assuming, and he sure did a number on Saul about 35 some odd years later from the abode of eternal light!

edit on 26-7-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
"If Jesus had lived.."
Jesus is alive...Because those of you have no faith, can't believe it if ya don't see it, you'll not accept any answer as you can see by the people who have dissed Him...Jesus is ALIVE. HE is the Son of the Living God. You're distaste, bashing, or inability to accept Him is your issue.....God does not change , He doesn't lie.....Unfortunately, man does both.......And the same old deception exists here on this blog....Age old deception....only you here in the 21st century oh yes you!?You join others like you in their misery of self.......how is mankind workin for ya? Ricky Revere....The enemy is HERE!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

IF the Bible were a fairy tale, WHY is it coming true? The prophecies in the bible have been 100% accurate.

Oh, let me guess...The sea's will turn red, stars will fall from the sky, fish will die in mass, swarms of locusts...get real dude this crap happens all the time and it's not because of some stupid prophecy.

IF it were a fairy tale, why does it transform lives? IF it were a fairy tale, WHY would millions risk their very lives and be put to death for simply possessing it?

Because it has the power of mind control and manipulation. See you are already brainwashed into believing that it is 100% true...and you defend it even though you know DEEP DOWN that you have no idea about anything beyond this reality.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That depends on if you believe he is as claimed in the bible, "The word made flesh",and if so, then no, he would not have changed because the truth does not. All of Yeshua's teachings are straight out of the Tanach, and he simply made them more understandable using parables which are clear to those who love God and a mystery to those who do not.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Murgatroid

IF the Bible were a fairy tale, WHY is it coming true? The prophecies in the bible have been 100% accurate.

Oh, let me guess...The sea's will turn red, stars will fall from the sky, fish will die in mass, swarms of locusts...get real dude this crap happens all the time and it's not because of some stupid prophecy.

IF it were a fairy tale, why does it transform lives? IF it were a fairy tale, WHY would millions risk their very lives and be put to death for simply possessing it?

Because it has the power of mind control and manipulation. See you are already brainwashed into believing that it is 100% true...and you defend it even though you know DEEP DOWN that you have no idea about anything beyond this reality.

Biblcal prophecy is amazing!

Research On Mathematical Probabilities In 1963, Peter Stoner, a science professor at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California, did extensive research on the mathematical probabilities (odds) of various numbers of Old Testament prophecies about the Messiah applying to Jesus of Nazareth (Peter Stoner, Science Speaks: Scientific Proof of the Accuracy of Prophecy and the Bible, Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 1963, pg. 101-109).

Upon completion of his research, he submitted his figures for review to a Committee of the American Scientific Affiliation. Upon examination, they verified that his calculations were dependable and accurate in regard to the scientific material presented. What kind of numbers did Professor Stoner’s research produce?

The odds of one man (Jesus or any man) fulfilling only “eight” Old Testament Messianic prophecies was one chance out of one with “seventeen” zeros after it (100,000,000,000,000,000)! To try to comprehend a number like that, Professor Stoner used the following illustration: Cover the entire state of Texas two feet deep in silver dollars. Choose and “mark” one silver dollar and drop it from an airplane flying somewhere over Texas. Thoroughly “stir” the silver dollars all over the state. Blindfold a person and let them travel anywhere in the state, stopping only “once” at a spot of his choice to dig into the two feet of silver dollars and pick out the “marked” one.

The chance of a person being able to do that in “one” try is the same chance as one man fulfilling only “eight” Messianic prophecies. Professor Stoner concluded, “The fulfillment of these eight prophecies alone proves that God inspired the writing of those prophecies to a definiteness which lacks only one chance in ten to the seventeenth power of being absolute.”
SOURCE

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
If Jesus had lived longer, would his teachings have changed as he grew older? Or would his teachings have remained the same, not at all evolving with his experience?

I would speculate that his teachings would have changed after another decade of life or so, as is prone to happen as we grow older and learn.

Opinions and speculations?
edit on 24-7-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

So many sages have preached on this earth, yet people are still there trapped in selfishness and violence.

What would Jesus achieve that others could not?

Words mean nothing without action.

People need to rise and change their thinking. The blind materialism that has descended on this world is taking it to destruction.

edit on 26-7-2013 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
In other words I think that post-tomb, in the resurrected life, that Jesus was a belly-laugher, maybe even with a bit of a gut (form the enjoyments of life), who was surely a very very jolly old man..

He would have been a very happy person where the more that sorrow and suffering has carved into one's being the more joy they can contain.

A true king of heaven on earth, generating the space of heaven on earth so that those who would die for their faith in him would have a happy, joyful and liberated space in the resurrected life.

He knew precisely what he was doing and why, all the way up to the cross, into the tomb and beyond. He knew where he was coming from and where he was going, and why.

Happiness and enjoyment then would be his philosophy and by that I don't mean self indulgence but the good life lived to the full even to overflowing, because the whole spectrum surely needed to be represented in his own human experience with an equal and greater portion of happiness and joy than sorrow and suffering.

Oh to have the courage to be truly happy and fulfilled having completed everything that needed to be done, what joy and liberation would that be?

The elder Jesus would have a philosophy then of balance and harmony, with everything in moderation including moderation.

To meet him, either during his three year ministry or afterwards on the road would be to encounter the most authentic and charming human being in the history of the world, imho.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh God it's so funny.

Remember in the movie Apocalypse Now when Marlin Brando's character, in some sort of insane epiphany goes "the HORROR, the HOR-ROR" well for me, AFTER the "horror" or what I would call "the absurdity of the injustices of life" where it all meets the cross in the midst of time and history with a Justice rendered that it only met in it's height and depth and breadth by it's Mercy, and gentle loving kindness, the twin pillars of the tree of life actually rendered in fullness and without measure (as the true measure of a man and thus of a human being as a sacred child of God), for me it's

The HUMOR! The HUMOR!

And if that leaves me either cackling like a madman, or even belly laughing (Ho Ho Ho), after first bringing me to tears of sorrow and regret and repentance, then so be it, because the final outcome is so good and so wonderful and joyful and humorous that it's worth every pitfall and every stumble in stupidity and ignorance and absurdity and ridiculousness, to finally realize looking back in hindsight with absolute forgiveness, understanding and acceptance (as Jesus did) that WE were absurd and ridiculous in our own estimation of ourselves, others and the entirety of all creation within which we find ourselves immersed.

Then a new level of absurdity only just begins, as the joke just keeps on getting ever funnier, and that's self awareness, to have the presence of mind and the courage and the humor to leave one absurdity behind in favor of a new one as something novel, something new, not just better than, but a leap of faith into the good life as it was meant to be lived.

This is the calling of Jesus Christ that we might complete his circle of joy with our joy in his and his in ours, complete.

He left but the smallest piece of work left to do or to perform to complete the Great Work of All Ages, and it requires of us, the courage to be happy and to fully explore in the liberated, resurrected life our truest and most authentic self who is at one with Christ in Spirit and in Truth.

That's FUNNY! OMG! I can't stop laughing..

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by guitarplayer

Yet Paul added to his teachings after he died. Obviously his teachings weren't complete enough.

Paul taught a different Gospel just as Jesus warned. He said, "you will not believe me, but one will come after me in his own name and in him you will believe. There are 12 Apostles, and yet Paul claimed to have converted and been named an Apostle! He gave 4 different accounts of his conversion experience, and we are told by two or three witnesses is one's testimony accepted.

Revelation has praise for Ephesus who rejected those claiming to be Apostles. Ephesus is in Asia. Paul laments that he was rejected in Asia. Paul was a fifth column insert meant to derail the new believers and to undermine the truth. Read "Paul's Gospel vs. Jesus Gospel"

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornOfSin
Maybe.

Until then, I'll continue my mission to expose the lies of Christianity.

My light teachers tell me;

You want to remove weeds from your garden, you have to take them out by the roots

The Bible is the roots of the weeds.

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by BornOfSin

One of these days you're going to realize that all of these fallen spirits that you talk to are deceiving you on what the definition of "divinity" is to begin with.

The truth of the bible has been under attack for decades and it's no wonder so many are confused. I will bet that those who hate Christianity / Messianic Judaism have never truly read the bible with an open heart.

The lies spread by evil men within the church is what has caused the poisoning of so many people's hearts. One day we shall all know the truth and won't need to teach one another anything for we shall all be aware and it will then be about pure obedience.

I do find it humorous your talking about weeds. Learn the parable of the wheat the tares. All of the world's problems stem for those tares planted by Lucifer. Jesus told us not to uproot them less we harm the wheat.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
For all you Paul lovers, I share this text and find it very interesting:

SAUL: HOW BAD WAS HE? In previous letters in this series, you read the New Testament’s version of Saul’s persecution of the early church, as presented in Acts by Paul’s friend Luke. In this version, Saul plays a minor role (holding the cloaks of those who were throwing the stones). The worst that is said of him is that he consented to Stephen’s death. In the Clementine Recognitions (Book 1, Chapter LXX), our introduction to Saul is a bit more dramatic. In this version of Acts, Saul instigates a riot within the temple and attempts to murder the Bishop, James (the brother of Christ), by throwing him down the temple steps. James has just spent seven days persuading people to be baptized: And when matters were at that point that they should come and be baptized, some one of our enemies (Saul), [ A note in the original manuscript indicates that the “enemy" referred to this passage is Saul.

All major interpreters seem to be in agreement on this point.] entering the temple with a few men, began to cry out, and to say, ‘What mean ye, O men of Israel? Why are you so easily hurried on? Why are ye led headlong by most miserable men, who are deceived by Simon, a magician?” While he was thus speaking, and adding more to the same effect, and while James the bishop was refuting him, he began to excite the people and to raise a tumult, so that the people might not be able to hear what was said. Therefore he began to drive all into confusion with shouting, and to undo what had been arranged with much labor, and at the same time to reproach the priests and to enrage them with revillings and abuse, and, like a madman, to excite every one to murder, saying ‘What do ye? Why do ye hesitate? Oh, sluggish and inert, why do we not lay hands upon them, and pull all these fellows to pieces?” When he had said this, he first, seizing a strong brand from the altar, set the example of smiting. Then others also, seeing him, were carried away with like madness.

Then ensued a tumult on either side, of the beating and the beaten. Much blood is shed; there is a confused flight, in the midst of which that enemy (Saul) attacked James, and threw him headlong from the top of the steps; and supposing him to be dead, he cared not to inflict further violence upon him. What a difference between being a consenting bystander to the stoning of Stephen and being the leader of a riot and attempting to murder Christ’s brother, the Bishop James. Also remember that if the followers of Peter and James had been the ones to choose what to include in the Bible and what not to include, the above version of Acts would be the one in the New Testament. The Lukan version would be listed in some obscure books as a pure fabrication in interest of the Pauline forces.

This might seem impossible for you to believe have been taught the limited things we have today in Gentile Christianity as it exists in Christendom, but if you had spent the last 15 years studying original documents that exist in Christian history, as well as how the Bible was actually put together by the Gentile Catholic Church of the fourth century, then you would have any doubt about the facts to which I allude.

Read THE CLEMENTINE HOMILIES AND THEIR IMPORTANCE FOR CHRISTIANS

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I 'KNOW' all about it.

This is why I am correctly translating the entire Bible.

I've been taught to a level of spiritual teaching well beyond the Bible. So it is my duty to help others with the opportunity to do so also.

You are bold in your assertions and I am sure you have experienced something, but I as well as others have as well, and my experience teaches me that the watchers are most dangerous. I am sure Eve felt the shining one she met (Look up Nachash) was quite amazing to her as well, and via his slick tongue managed to get her to disobey God whom she loved dearly.

Have you tested the spirits? Do they confess that Jesus/Yeshua was born of woman, divine in Bethlehem and preached the good news or do they teach another Jesus? I have experienced supernatural things all my life. I have had my heart pierced with the divine love as others have and know the agony and ecstasy of that encounter. I am still left with the responsibility to study to show myself approved and a workman who rightly divides the word of truth.

You cannot cherry pick your truths. The bible written in English is purposefully vague. One must study in the original languages to understand what it means in it's depths. Few have the desire to do so, and I have just as equally been appointed a watchman per Ezekiel 33:7, and I am warning you that you are in dangerous territory and to seek out Jesus and turn away from these false shining ones. What you do with this information is up to you. Your blood will be on your own hands, and I am absolved. I speak harshly for you are harsh. If you want to debate some aspect of the bible I am happy to do so. I have found that everyone who tries to tear it down is ignorant of the truth in the original languages or has simply been miss taught by their pastors who care more about mammon than their sheep.

I am not your typical Christian and your watchers know it. I have had dealings with them personally, and while I do not enjoy them, I am not afraid of them at all. They bow to the name of Jesus, and to those who follow HIM.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

"Jesus" WAS NOT born of Divinity. He was 'Enlightened' to Divinity. He was human just like any of us!!

Yeshua is the arm / Zoar Adonai! He is the promised seed to destroy the works of Lucifer. He is God made flesh and lived sinless though tempted in every way as we are! You are on very dangerous ground!

He WAS NOT 'God'. He shared a mind with Divinity. That is all. Something that ANYONE can do. Gnostic teachings have ALWAYS told you how, but none have paid attention.

The words of Yeshua clearly says, "I and the Father are one, if you have seen me then you have seen HIM" He also said, "I did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it" and he is the second Adam created by God and not a man!

This is what keeps us separate from our true Divinity. The thought we can never get there. This is what keep the Churches rich and their pews full. Fools who believe what they are 'told' about the Enlightenment of Divinity. Do not believe what people tell you. Go find it for yourselves!! You've been praying for thousands of years. The world has gotten no better. NOW GET UP AND FIND 'GOD' YOURSELF, instead of begging for them to come to you.

You were given the keys to unlocking your divinity. SO DO IT!

If I tell someone to come stay with me in my home and give them the keys to the house. I do not expect I then have to go find them on the side of the road 'calling' me, cause someone 'Told them' they couldn't find my house, or that the keys were 'evil' and wouldn't work.

How can you be equal to God. You are falling for the oldest of lies to ascend to the highest thrones and sit on the throne of God! You are lied to by these archon watchers just as Eve was. She was tempted to sin to be like God! How can you fall for this? You obviously have a heart for truth for the archons do not test any who do not! I know, I have been there! They are liars and you are letting them twist the word to your damnation! Satan tested Yeshua via the word and Yeshua quoted it back to him and finally told him to get behind him!

Did you know that 'Demon' actually means 'Deity'?? Therefore any man or idol glorified as a 'deity' is by definition a demon!!

You are twisting things son of Lucifer.

demon (n.) Look up demon at Dictionary.com
c.1200, from Latin daemon "spirit," from Greek daimon "deity, divine power; lesser god; guiding spirit, tutelary deity" (sometimes including souls of the dead); "one's genius, lot, or fortune;" from PIE *dai-mon- "divider, provider" (of fortunes or destinies), from root *da- "to divide" (see tide).

Used (with daimonion) in Christian Greek translations and Vulgate for "god of the heathen" and "unclean spirit." Jewish authors earlier had employed the Greek word in this sense, using it to render shedim "lords, idols" in the Septuagint, and Matt. viii:31 has daimones, translated as deofol in Old English, feend or deuil in Middle English. Another Old English word for this was hellcniht, literally "hell-knight."

To think you can never be as one with Divinity is rubbish!!! The teachings of fearful and unworthy men. That are kept so by nothing more than their own irrational and uneducated views.

Being one with does make you the same as. You can be one with your spouse it does not make you him/her! Jesus came to fulfill a role as God made into man! You can share in that union with God through Jesus, but it does not make you God! This is one of the most damnable teachings around and it will be used to beguile the world into worshiping Lucifer which has always been his goal!

And this does not mean you will be a perfect person. This is another misconception about 'Divinity'. It means that you will be balanced within yourself. The divine masculine dark of power, and the feminine feminine light of love.

Can the clay argue with the Potter? You cannot become as the creator, but you can enjoy fellowship with Him! We are told to lay down our lives and pick up the cross and follow Jesus/Yeshua! Sharing the divine love in and with God does not make you God! There is no divine masculine or feminine! There is only unity by and through the holy spirit / Ruach ha Kodesh! Do you not know that there is no sexual identity in God's domain? There is no male and female? We have our difference sex to procreate, and the spirit is neither male nor female, so quit talking about balancing them! We are polluted by this world and Lucifer has caused division between the sexes.

You teach a lot of New Age beliefs, and they are not new at all. They go back to the first age, and Lucifer got 1/3 of God's children to rebel! We are here to learn how to love.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
He was working to a SCHEDULE, he and John the Baptist both, a schedule who's beginning and origins as a first/last cause in eternity seemingly has no end!

It's the ultimate conspiracy of conspiracies, and because for Jesus it was always and forever all about us, about we as in "our father", it involves us, directly and personally.

He ("they" as the beloved and beloved other through whom all that was created was created) punk'd us all, by an original intent! That Jesus and his God the Absolute - what a RIOT!

It brings us both to tears and laughter, and the contemplation of a mystery intended for our own reception from before the foundation of the world - OMG what a marvel!

It makes me weep, laugh hysterically, and wonder in awe and happiness and joy, it's grace upon grace and a glory upon glory of which we had NO prior understanding or comprehension so it also comes from the domain of real knowledge but as a pleasant surprise, on the other side of the tears.

His is the hand that wipes away the tears from our eyes and then reduces us in a heap of laughter and joy, and then He even has the audacity to lend us a helping hand to get us back on our feat again! Oh dear, here it comes again..
(those last ones are tears of utter hilarity).

Love, in Christ Jesus himself relative to whom I of myself am nothing, but in him everything and a part of Christ, oh oh at risk of another bout of laughter..

NAM

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hmph.. that no one or almost no one "gets it" or seems to "grok" and presumes that I'm mad or must be mad, makes it even more humorous, in a sad sort of way but where his humor and joy surpasses all sorrow.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

You're right. We're made to contain the fullness of the Spirit in Christ and to be in relationship with God in and through Christ as God. He is the head of which we are the parts of one body, and what a joy it is to be included even in spite of ourselves!

Woe to whoever then would cut off a foot or pluck out an eye and say you have no part with us.

There is only one spirit in one accord who is the heart and mind of Christ.

What we need however isn't more doctrinal belief in, but an experience of the living God who makes his home with us and calls us his children.

Best regards,

NAM

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

If the Bible were NOT God's Word, WHY has it been attacked all throughout history?

By this line of reasoning then Qu'ran is God's word, Citizen Kane is God's Word and The Emerald Tablet's of Thoth trump all of them as God's word since the latter have been dated to 30,000BC.

Or,to be blunt, your argument is nonsensical as my answer.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

I'll have to remember to ignore you in the future. You don't even know your own Scriptures. sheesh.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join