It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Bigfoot footage 2013

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

I know a lot of people like that though. Seems like people get stupid with things like that sometimes.

A mother and her cubs were in our yard and one cub ran up a tree on the edge of the yard. My wife was out trying to find our cats.
The mother bear was trying to get her cub down. I got the rifle and guarded the wife, it was no use trying to talk sense to her, she thought she needed to get those cats put away. Both cats were like spaghetti when she found them, the cubs must have been chasing them. I think the mother bear knew my wife was no harm to her cubs. Both women trying to get their kids in order.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Not saying this footage is the real thing, but you are incorrect with what you saying about the growl. A lions roar can be heard from about 8 km away (5 miles). As for a gorilla, I can only say that their growls and grunts can be heard from quite some distance. A gorilla's growl travels through your body and then it is not even in clear eye sight.

@OP - thanks for the video

If something looks too good to be true, it usually is
But, I would love for this to be the real deal!

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Today, it's just too easy to produce quality fakes. You simply need a lot more than this. Much as I'd love to see a real Bigfoot, this looks a lot like a guy in a suit and a staged scene. The shake, the zoom, the movement of the subject are very good, but don't quite seem organic enough to me.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Sasquatch is my main area of research, and I have highly developed opinions and hypotheses regarding most aspects of these animals and their behavior. This passion was mainly driven by an unmistakable personal encounter, although I have been interested in strange subject matter since I was a child. My point is that I have analyzed probably hundreds of videos that claim to show sasquatch, probably just about every single one that can be found on places like Youtube. And unfortunately, the vast majority of these clips are hoaxes.

Once one has a sighting, and analyzes thoroughly the sighting reports of others, they begin to notice the correlations that are present in the data. These types of correlations would not be present, especially regarding the highly detailed aspects, if the majority of reports were hoaxes or misidentifications. And all it takes is for ONE single report to be real, and sasquatch must be accepted as an existing animal. I saw this video today, and although I did not an in-depth analysis, I did spend 5 or 10 minutes checking it out. Unfortunately however, there is little in the way of hard information.

What I mean is that when analyzing a video of a purported sasquatch, a researcher must look for details that eliminate the possibility of the animal being a person in a suit, or show that the animal is in fact a large hairy primate that is not known to science. This is often easier said than done. The arm length is often something that can be used as a gauge, since typically the arms of a sasquatch are longer in relation to the body than one would find in the proportions of a human subject. However, arm extensions can and have been used in hoaxes, to give a more real impression in an attempt to fool those who know what they are looking for, but these extensions virtually eliminate the possibility of the person using their fingers and hands.

I always like to get a feel for what is going on in a video. In this case, I got the impression that it was fake right off the bat. The way the camera "finds" the bigfoot does not seem natural. Obviously the best thing it has going for it is the vocalization. But, this too can be faked. Sasquatch can create a variety of sounds, and have been known to mimic animals found in their environment. Growling is a common sound that is heard, typically because sasquatch do not want humans interfering or coming near them. This is why they retreat nine times out ten when a human approaches, and usually the person is lucky to see them at all. The behavior of this supposed sasquatch does not look very natural to me.

And another unnatural aspect is the arm swing. While sasquatch can have a pronounced arm swing when moving quickly, this arm swing looks exaggerated very highly. It is like someone saw the PGF and tried to mimic that walk. The animal I saw looked quite similar to the PGF subject, so I think that is a real bigfoot, for other reasons as well. And since this is commonly held to be the best piece of bigfoot evidence to exist, since it has NEVER been proven to be a hoax, it makes sense that a hoaxer would use this as a template for their hoax.

And many often comment on the fact that witnesses don't chase after the animals. There are a couple of reasons for this, but I won't get into that now, as I've done it so many times on various forums in the past. So if this hoaxer had been reading up, they would know that "chasing" after the animal would make it look more realistic. However, what they didn't know, is that there is an overall feel to a video that cannot be faked. This is because a person used body language unconsciously. A person will behave differently when filming a real sasquatch as opposed to a sasquatch they know to be a hoax. And the body language of the person filming this creature says to me that he knows it to be a hoax.

But I admit these reasons are not concrete. This could very well be a real sasquatch. The best way to analyze is to look at the physical characteristics and the behavior, and see if it lines up with what is known of these animals. We don't see enough of it to really analyze the physical aspects. And the behavioral aspects, aside from the growling, seem very much inconsistent with the majority of sighting reports. I would not have expected a bigfoot to have crossed in the open so near to a person. It rarely happens. There is no reason for them to do such a thing, but they can I suppose. There must be a good reason though. We don't know the reason in this case however, so I cannot really say.

I will just say that while it could be authentic, I think it is a hoax. Out of all the videos that have been released to the public that I have seen, maybe 12 or so of them can be considered probably real. And only 4 or 5 videos I am certain are real.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I agree with you on this one. Everything you said seems to be true. My thing is if it was real... I truly think the "big foot" would have ran faster off or knew how to hide more so then going 30 feet into the woods and stopping. The camera work... he happened to just find it and he rolled with it.. i truly feel if someone happened to find that they would lose there mind.. the camera would be shaking more and im not so sure you follow something like that so long..... so I have to say this if fake. I would love to see the 5 or so vids you think are real though.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I have to ask, what are the videos that you are certain to be authentic?

I am extremely interested.

Pred...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRulesAllowed
He is so scared that he fears for the life of his kids? family? screaming "Get in the house"...because he obviously thinks that BF could harm then..but has no problem running after him?

I'd run after him. I'm not the sharpest tack in the box but I'd try to get some real up close footage.

edit on 20-7-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
As always, open minded but skeptical.

It seems convenient that the creature grunted within moments of when the camera caught sight of him. It seems like a very professional looking camera job at first glance, but then it may simply be a high quality camera and an experienced outdoor user of said camera. Still it's incredibly steady work for a handheld camera in that situation and that environment.

It also seems as though the camera isn't taken away from the operator's eye, as we are running in "first person" for much of the video. At points there is virtually no (and sometimes no discernible) adjustment after he stops running to bring the camera back up. This might not be quite as much cause for doubt if we weren't talking about dense forest with lots of obstacles that might trip someone. Holding the camera up to one's face while running through that environment, over that terrain, seems like an unnatural behavior in a real, emerging situation. It would however be arguably consistent with a performance and associated cinematography.

Like everyone I want this to be real, but I would be dishonest if I said I wasn't filled with doubt. But as usual I also concede the possibility that it is legitimate pending analysis by a professional.

Peace.

edit on 7/21/2013 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Did anyone see the green flash @44sec?
What the heck was that?

Scratch that the flash has been brought up.
But what was it?
edit on 21-7-2013 by grayghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I love bigfoot related threads!

Excited to watch based on the posts. Gonna have a watch now on my mobile device. I am going to re-watch on my PC with a nice soundcard and nice headphones to make sure I pick up on all the sounds. Then I will edit this post with all my thoughts!

It's my birthday today, so between the scotch and returning texts, it will be a moment

Looks even more fake with the sound on.

There is something nonsensical about that sentence O.o

edit on 21-7-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I haven't read all the comments, but if you pause the video at the 45 second mark you will notice a rather bright green light in the middle of the frame, it reminds me of a laser pointer. I have no idea what it could be ?

Remarkable footage though ! very interesting

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I want my hi-def bigfoot footage haha :-)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I want my hi-def bigfoot footage haha :-)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Seems like the typical bigfoot hoax video. The behavior in the video gives it all away. Bigfoot is not going to run across the road like that in broad daylight, then start walking and slowing down so you can film him.. The way the "person" walks is all wrong as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

How do you know what Bigfoot would do? Over the decades, there have been plenty of daylight sightings by eyewitnesses.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Enhanced version...

Pred...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
reply to post by Freezer

How do you know what Bigfoot would do? Over the decades, there have been plenty of daylight sightings by eyewitnesses.

The supposed bigfoot in this video trots across a road, and then starts walking around in different directions like he is lost, and allows some guy breaking branches to follow and film him? Not buying it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The common thing I have seen is people always being too afraid of these creatures.. There was a young sheriff deputy that reported being chased by one, but that was only after he aimed his weapon at the creature. The creature then took cover from him, but then it began chasing him back to his car.. If it was me and I was stuck point blank in front of one of these creatures I would offer it some food first, and then back off slowly while pointing at the food I set down..

At least this way it wouldn't be showing total fear which that creature is going to know, since it is used to everything else in the woods being afraid of it..

There are a few stories of people long ago that were not afraid and were taken by these creatures to their camp, and they were never harmed.. Just jabbed and prodded a little bit

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
The guys actions seem real, yelling at someone to get inside and his hard exited breathing.

I can't hear any sound of anyone "getting inside" though, running or slamming doors shut. I would at least expect some reaction from his family (?) or whoever was standing behind his back. Like "why should we get inside, what's happening" in case they have not seen anything or if they have they would also comment and say "what's that big hairy thing doing over there?".
edit on 21/7/2013 by WideOpenSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If that was me filming, I can guarantee you all that I would have continued and gotten a clear shot, that once and for all would have proven his existence to the world.

I dont know if i believe in bigfoot or not. But the point is that if you are ever that close to a possible 'bigfoot', you odnt just stop and trun around. You carry on and get the proof, even if it means your life!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join