It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Trayvon 'could have been me'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I do recognize it, I fail to see the reason why everyone has to hang onto it. It is simple - the world does not care. Understand that and move on in a positive manner.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CSpitta

The OP and his revisionist history tickles me. When they were lynching young black men and castrating them; while selling their "member" as souvenirs, I question if you would've been as passionate about such atrocities.

What revisionist history would that be?

Do tell why has the current administration tried to exploit every gun related tragedy?

I do agree the real racists are being exposed by their hardline emotional appeal rhetoric.
edit on 19-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by Tiger5

Any seventeen year old out and about after dark, peering into windows of homes, is suspicious activity whether you like it or not...if they are sporting colors and wearing a hoodie, it makes them DOUBLY suspicious...and stupid...

How much of your lurid picture is based in reality? How many independent and unbised people witnessed these acts you claim. Did you? I did not.

link   
For God's sake, pop the thumb out of your mouth mister president.

“Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago.”

Yeah, but it wasn't. And what about all our homeless folks dying, regardless of skin color? What about those folks overseas? Oh... I guess they don't matter, because they're not a wealthy black president.

“There are very few African-American men who haven’t had the experience of being followed in a department store — that includes me.”

What a whiner. I've been followed around stores a LOT... not because Poor me! I'm black and everyone's racist against me! Nope. It's because I happen to be a punk/goth girl... and a very WHITE one at that.

Its got nothing to do with race, and black people don't work the fields anymore, Obama. Stop exploiting and milking the emotions of the weak minded...

This is emotional blackmail, divide & distract.

“Reasonable doubt was relevant, and they rendered a verdict. Once the jury’s spoken, that’s how our system works.”

Really? Innocent until proven guilty?

That's not what the NDAA says... the unconstitutional bill that you just signed back into play while everyone was distracted by the Zimmerman trial.

Oh yeah, I bet none of you heard about this story

Divide & conquer, folks.

edit on 19-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by totallackey

Why are you so mad?

Actually, millions were watching the NBA ALL-STAR GAME.
This occurred during half time when he went to go by snacks for the 2nd half.

Obviously, with ALL the witnesses they must be thugs too--according to your lunatic fringe knowledge!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Please tell me what blacks have received? Why are you so mad?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

Did you never take provocative pics? Throw up your middle finger? Experienced teen angst?

How that picture is used to make any kind point is beyond me.

As for the topic... It could have been Obama, easily. There's no other reason George Zimmerman thought that Trayvon Martin was acting suspicious other than he was black and wearing a hoodie. Me not liking Obama doesn't invalidate everything he says.

I've come to realize over the course of this past year and a half that people who scream the loudest about the race card are simply sick of having a light shone in their face. Yes, I mean it... No, I don't care if a bunch of racist, manipulated fools hate me for it.

I've got a 16 1/2 year old son and I can say with out a shred of doubt that my son has zero photos flipping the bird, zero messages about "heat", and zero posts or messages about illegal weapons. I know this because everything in this household is monitored by me, and that includes all xbox, cell phone, and social media communications.

Oh, and me? I've never, ever, taken any provocative photos of myself. My mother always told me to never take any photos (before the internet came along), nor allow any to be taken, of myself in any kind of compromising position or in bad taste. I've pounded this into my childrens' heads, but have included words posted to social media or email. Never post anything, including photos, that you wouldn't want your future employer to see. Better yet, never post anything you wouldn't want your mother, father, or grandparents to see.

Edit to add:
BTW, with all of this coming out (prior and post trial) about Martin, I'm amazed that nothing has been found that could compromise Zimmerman's character. Even with the media trying all they can to color Zimmerman with a hate brush, they just haven't been able to twist past events to their bias side. Not to mention that Zimmerman has a decade on Martin!
edit on 19-7-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

No. I imagine you've never been oppressed if you think this is a strategy. Sorry, it's real life for MILLIONS OF "Americans..." Smh

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by beezzer

Yes Obama should not talk about what has bothered a signifcant section of those who voted for him? Are you saying that this ould be a united country if black people would just shut up ( go to the back of the bus and cheer whenever the N-word is used by whites)?

MESSAGE!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by MidnightTide

You are still not getting it.

NO...you are NOT GETTING IT!!

***DISPARATE IMPACT***

Within the Justice system Black males are more likely to be targeted by LEO.

Answer this question: WHY!?!? And do not give me some bullcookie answer it is simply becasue of the color of their skin unless you have some ACTUAL PROOF!!! That means data comparisons of stops and ethnicities and times and neighborhoods and types of cars and APB concerning possible suspects...ALL OF IT!!!

They are less likely to be able to afford an adequate defense. They are more likely to be convicted of crimes they did not commit. They are more likely to receive stiffer sentences. They are less likely to get paroled.

Every single thing written here is simply crap...and untrue (just in case you do not know what crap means...) What constitutes "inadequate defense," in your mind? A public defender? I suggest you rethink this after contacting your county and actually finding out what it means to be a public defender...Crimes they did not commit? Without data, again, hyperbole...Stiffer sentences? I worked in a prison for thirty years...NOT true. Parole is seldom granted for violent crimes, so if you are incarcerated for violence you will likely not receive parole...

It is systemic.

So is public housing.

The Zimmerman verdict condones profiling and more - it makes it more likely for Black males to be the victim of a citizen who argues Stand Your Ground just because they profiled and claim fear for their life.
edit on 7/19/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

There was zero evidence Zimmerman profiled Martin as black. Stand your Ground was never presented in the actual trial. The fact you insist on bringing these issues up AGAIN AND AGAIN simply speaks toward bias...

Why are you so mad?!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Zimmerman was at liberty to defend himself with lethal force ACCORDING TO THE LAW!

Seabag, didn't you get the memo?

The rules are different for black people.

According to the president, and all the folks organizing marches and cluttering the streets in town around here, it was an act of racism simply because the young man was black, evidence be damned.

Personally, apart from this crooked view of who deserves civil liberties MORE than others (evil white people), I don't care TOO much about this case. I only think its a little backwards that Obama's talking about this rather than the NDAA he revived.

Wooooonder why...

edit on 19-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

When bankers are unfairly prosecuted and jailed simply for being bankers then you might have a comparison worth making.

No, they steal while YOU protect them. Why don't you get this fired up when they're the ones " stealing your country?"

Smh...

link   
reply to post by CSpitta

Oh it is quite amusing to see the liberal / PC crowd foam at the mouth over topics like this.

Especially when

gets used in almost every post

link   
reply to post by CSpitta

WOW---the racism permeating this board is just entertaining now!

I know!! I’ve been doing my personal best to out debate them!

The OP and his revisionist history tickles me. When they were lynching young black men and castrating them; while selling their "member" as souvenirs, I question if you would've been as passionate about such atrocities.
Are you calling the OP a racist? SHOCKING!

I love what is happening now because the closet racists are being exposed and the hard-liners have reached their zenith.
AGREED!!

It's only gonna get worse. This is what happens when the oppressed rise up.
Bet your arse! It’s only a matter of time until this boil comes to a head!

And for those questioning PRESIDENT OBAMA, you don't think he has a legitimate reason to make a remark about THIS CASE?

I beg you all to continue! This is beyond humorous!
Glad you enjoyed the video!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

It's only gonna get worse. This is what happens when the oppressed rise up.

I think as long as, "the oppressed," continue to spend their hard-pawned, stolen, welfare cash on drugs and the ingredients to make drugs, then we, the law-abiding, generally, mellow citizenry, will continue to breath, while they die...even if it is only one at a time...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSpitta
reply to post by seabag

Please tell me what blacks have received? Why are you so mad?

I have many times!

Try to keep up. Maybe read slower.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CSpitta

I will happily admit it makes me angry to see anyone try to hold up some punk as some type of victim. It makes me pretty angry that Tsarnaev was plastered in the fashion he was on the cover of Rolling Stone...much the same thing...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Originally posted by sonnny1
Deflecting the real failures of this Administration is all this President is good for.

...and he's not even all that good at that.

I used to describe his administration as "fail" but I think it's gone even beyond that. It's really pretty sad.

-SAP-

Oh, I agree.

I wonder if he even thinks about Abdul-Rahman al-Awlaki...............

A child murdered by his Authority. How can he sleep at night?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Face it, Obama grew up with privilege, money, and had a better education. How can he relate to Trayvon's life? There is no comparison and there is no way that could have been him. Ms Dunham would not have allowed that.

Does Barack think being trailed in a store because you are black, is specific to blacks? Try being Asian, and being followed in a store, or any other race. It happens to everyone. As an Asian I have often times been followed and harassed by black people in locally owned black stores.

This is not just a black vs whites issue here. And Zimmerman is bi racial.

Where was Obama at when Oscar Grant was shot in handcuffs by police in a train station? You realize that the man who did this is already out of prison? Nothing about that though. This is just an opportune time to create more racial tension in this country. In my opinion, Obama should be ashamed of himself for doing so.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join