It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EDL - Tommy Robinson on the brutal murder of a British soldier

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Noting the threads involving an old video of a drunken EDL supporter appearing and the shocking revelation that Muslims could well be human as they share tea and biscuits and thus recent events are simply much ado about nothing, i'm surprised that people don't simply discuss what the leader of the EDL himself has to say regarding his position;

My personal opinion, you can knock him for not being the most intelligent and articulate person on the planet, he's rough and ready, BUT, he does voice opinions and misgivings which are shared by far more British people than the MSM will ever acknowledge, and which the Left will ever suggest barely exist, or are created by the likes of the EDL themselves...this does not help
edit on 29-5-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Actually i think he is quite intelligent he is saying what most white christian british people think but are afraid to say because of being labeled a racist im not political at all but i know im ashamed to not have the guts to say what i think

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wish you all the best with this one.
Seen this posted elsewhere and the left wing machine kicked in and destroyed any hope of
discussion about it.
All because he mixes his words and it appears he calls denmark a 3rd world country.

He is not the most articulate individual out there but his core msg does seem to resonate with
an ever growing chunk of society.

He needs to get control of the hardcore in his ranks ! Those people do not represent the way most people
think and behave and as a result the edl is not a group they can relate to.

edit on 29-5-2013 by LordDerpingtonSmythe because: derp

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordDerpingtonSmythe

He is not the most articulate individual out there but his core msg does seem to resonate with
an ever growing chunk of society.

Yeah. Here in America, we call that chunk of society "white nationalists".

When times are hard, and the governments have gone mad, it's best to blame anyone that's different from you for the ills of society.

This is how Hitler rose to power.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
"Solidarity with the troops!" -

That's what his slid in - amongst all those energizing words.

There's an agenda here - He's been allowed to continue with (extreme) actions and speeches - because he's pushing one of their agenda's.

I'm all for protest - but obviously not in EDL style

How many sheeple will hear this inspirational speech of his and walk away in solidarity...of the troops.

Just war propaganda being ramped up - they're gagging to be set loose in Syria you know.

edit on 29-5-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

When times are hard, and the governments have gone mad, it's best to blame anyone that's different from you for the ills of society.

And here we go....
The EDL was formed as a protest group against the rise of radical islamic extremists.
The same people who are now attempting to behead our citizens in the streets.

Nothing to do with white nationalist movements in other parts of the world.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

And here we go....
The EDL was formed as a protest group against the rise of radical islamic extremists.

Interesting. Will this group protect all British people or only white Christians?

Just an observation, tis all. The same rhetoric being spewed by the man in the video sounds similar to the hate groups we have chomping at the bit here in the States.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Thanks for sharing the video S&F

The leftwing will be here soon to call you all sorts of names

I thought he did ok for your average guy on the street, he made some very good points considering he isnt a pollotician or lawyer or the like just your average white guy who is sick of the things he sees on a daily baisis
well done

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

And here we go....

exactly well said....

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LordDerpingtonSmythe

The English Defence League (EDL) is a far-right[7][8][9][10][11] street protest movement which opposes what it considers to be a spread of Islamism, Sharia law and Islamic extremism in the United Kingdom.[12][13][14][15][16][17] At many of their demonstrations, EDL members have clashed with counter-demonstrators, including supporters of Unite Against Fascism (UAF).[18][19]

The above is different from organizations like the KKK or the Westboro Baptist Church in what way? I fail to see a difference when you create an organization whose sole purpose is to rail against a whole other sect of society. 1.7 billion of them in this case.

I'm sorry but the EDL is no different than any " Supremacist " or "Extremist" group found in any other culture or country in the 21st century.

Let me ask you. How many Muslims are EDL members? Could they join? If they stated clearly they were against sharia law and wanted to encourage the original British laws as being unchanged?

Something tells me no. They would be labelled as infiltrators or something cute like that.

~Tenth
edit on 5/29/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

And here we go....

Interesting. Will this group protect all British people or only white Christians?

Just an observation, tis all. The same rhetoric being spewed by the man in the video sounds similar to the hate groups we have chomping at the bit here in the States.

in the video he explains a little bit about how he believes muslims are the first victims of Islam
I also believe they have a sikh division and a gay and lesbion division
they did have a jewish division but I heard it caused a few problems
there mission statement says they are only against millitant Islam
so you could either take there mission statement or listen to propaganda the choice is yours
personaly im going on the mission statement myself so I would say yes all British people are safe even non militant muslims

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I do understand your position but the UK is different when it comes to religion and ethnicity.
Many "White" families now have one or more members who are not white (within their close family).
And very few are christian within these communities(Atheists and Agnostics).
I'm sure this is the case for many supporters of the EDL famlies too.

Race tensions only began to flare up again after 9/11 and the years that followed (mass immigration years).

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
"Solidarity with the troops!" -

That's what his slid in - amongst all those energizing words.

There's an agenda here - He's been allowed to continue with (extreme) actions and speeches - because he's pushing one of their agenda's.

I'm all for protest - but obviously not in EDL style

How many sheeple will hear this inspirational speech of his and walk away in solidarity...of the troops.

Just war propaganda being ramped up - they're gagging to be set loose in Syria you know.

edit on 29-5-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

With respect you were saying that the murdering monster ; 'had a point' even as the blood was warm and dripping off his hands after decapitating a young soldier.

Most normal people think you lose your right to broadcast a ' message ' if you have just murdered and chopped off someone's head in order to say it.

The moral judgement displayed by you and others who think like you - THAT IS THE PROBLEM !

So how you have the cheek to criticise someone who has murdered no one - given your out and out support for the head chopping monster.

Addit: I do NOT support the EDL - I have travelled quite a bit in the middle east and have mixed with people of all religions all my adult life - so I know there is another way - for normal balanced people.
edit on 29-5-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So, if I were a Muslim citizen, and I was peaceful and against extremist Islam, would I be welcomed with open arms into this group?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

yes they have a member who fits that very discription he was on tv a couple of nighs ago

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00

Fair enough. Thank you for your response

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

The answer to that is yes, they have an Asian Muslim member from Glasgow who is moderate to the extent of non-practising, and he's sort of their mascot.

They also have the support of many Sikhs which is a Hindu sect formed to counter Islamic aggression against Hindus, and which the EDL in many ways are a secular British version of...

reply to post by skalla

The footy hoolies aren't going to save the country, that much is certain, but they do raise the right questions.
edit on 29-5-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i've had real trouble commenting on existing/ongoing issues having been away for a week.

ATS has become blackshirt heaven. i'm pretty disgusted but obviously i did not expect better.

The EDL - how anyone could hang any hope or respect on that "banner" is a disgrace.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Guessing about what you "think" is the case is not very helpful.
We can guess and make things up all day long, it has nothing to do with facts.
As I am aware only a single muslim has taken part in edl demonstrations, he was welcomed.

If more muslims stood up and removed the poison from their communities,went on edl demos
and allowed debate and compromise in regards to some cultural practices that appear to offend many,
the edl would be disbanded over night.

Once we have conditions for free debate(free of race and violence),
The the Atheists take over the lead against circular stoooooopidty no doubt

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

So they have some Muslim-hating Sikhs, so what? And Sikhs are not Hindus

Having grown up around many Sikhs, some are just as susceptible to hatred and violence as any other folk, though there are clearly historic oppositions/battles with Islam in it's history.

You wont find many Asians in the EDL for good reason. The high profile ones are weel reported on and are i believe friends of leading members. I could speculate more on that but will exercise restrait.

How they must love being "wheeled out" as their brown mascots

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join