It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertsons Advice to Wives of Cheating Husbands

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Misogynistic men are gonna be misogynists.

There really isn't much else to say is there?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I agree with Pat, It is in mens nature to cheat. I believe it is an undeniable fact.

Young women grow up knowing this as a fact of life but also read a lot of fiction to the contrary. It takes a lot of doublethink to maintain a relationship I think. I know you married women will be shouting 'NO NO NO' at the screen as you read this and you could very well be right to do so. For your childrens sake if nothing else.

Married women with children have a duty to put the children first so if your husband is cheating it is best just to make the best of a bad situation and concentrate mainly on not allowing the children to suffer because of it. Dragging them out of a safe home over cheating is wrong. If there is abuse get out, but otherwise always put the child first.

Talk about it with your husband but if he is not the lying type expect your rose tinted world to come crashing down around you. This is ok, many people live with harsh reality and less than perfect situations.

Talk with other women too but expect a lot of similar shared experiences.

Don't get too angry though, just accept it as a trade off of accepting each others human nature. That is unless you really have never manipulated, married for security or tricked a guy into thinking you really look like that lol.

So anyways, I'll be remaining a spinster me thinks!

oh, just one last thought, isn't everything from the Bible or Priests mouth hypocritical?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

Young women grow up knowing this as a fact of life but also read a lot of fiction to the contrary. It takes a lot of doublethink to maintain a relationship I think. I know you married women will be shouting 'NO NO NO' at the screen as you read this and you could very well be right to do so. For your childrens sake if nothing else.

I didn't see this when I was young. My father abhorred men who slept around on their wives and refused to remain friends with men who did it. I think your generalization is far too harsh. It just serves to stereotype men and women. Women cheat too, they like sex and some sleep around just like men. Some men never cheat on their spouses. The world isn't black and white.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well, this is coming from a man who makes a living off of Religion and Faith.

I adjust the TV set, when I see these types coming across with advice.

S&F

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Onami

I didn't see this when I was young. My father abhorred men who slept around on their wives and refused to remain friends with men who did it. I think your generalization is far too harsh. It just serves to stereotype men and women. Women cheat too, they like sex and some sleep around just like men. Some men never cheat on their spouses. The world isn't black and white.

Your Father seems like a comendable honest gentleman, a lot like my Grandfather.

The sort of thing I was refering to though was the men that he shunned. It's major kudos to him that you did not have to grow up with cheating in your immediate family but it was in your community and you were aware of it, as you stated.

I guess what I'm saying is that although it was not in your home it was all around you in all popular medias and just down the road.

I agree that the world is not black and white, but I have to say, for a lot of people, it is not rose either. There are uncountable colours, shades and tones. Your Father being one of the bright ones

I prefer to see the world on a spectrum or bell curve. Just as I would say that most have an IQ of 90-100, or that poverty and affluence are on seperate ends of a spectrum, I would say it is in most mens nature to cheat. Not all do of course, either out of love, fear, lack of opportunity ect.

A little something I would like to add is my idea on womens breeding urges. It would be unfathomable to repress a womans biological urges, as this is what keeps a family together. No one tells women that they have to override these feelings. For this reason I would say a lot of men are hard done by and life really is not fair.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

When a male and a female are joint parents to children ... Why should it be left to the

woman to keep the relationship together in spite of deception, broken trust and

infidelity??

Does the man not have any responsibility for keeping it in his trousers??
:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

I really wish I knew how to say what I'm thinking eloquently but that's just never going to happen.

Both perants have resposibility to children but the mother usually has the main care giving role. It would not be fair to put her own needs for retribution over the childrens wellbeing, especially if she is the only decent perant. It is her duty as a mother.

A woman cannot neglect her responsibilities just because her man has. Sure, men in that position have a responsibility but 'shoulds' are wasted, hence the woman phoning Pat

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

My personal opinion of that kind of situation is that the woman leave with her child/ren

as she is worth MORE than she is getting from him ... and then the child/ren will

not be exposed to being brought up on that men can get away with lies, deception,

trust issues ... and that women are NOT entitled to respect they are only there to service

a mans needs??

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Well, this is coming from a man who makes a living off of Religion and Faith.

I adjust the TV set, when I see these types coming across with advice.

Isn't it ironic that "money" [the root of all evil] can be the primary force in faith based projects.
Sadly there is no shortage of people thinking that their tithes will assure their passage thru the pearly gates.

The way to make a million dollars is to start a religion - Don Lindsay ...

topic....Cheating on your lady can be very dangerous. Just ask John Bobbitt

edit on 18-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by Onami

My personal opinion of that kind of situation is that the woman leave with her child/ren

as she is worth MORE than she is getting from him ... and then the child/ren will

not be exposed to being brought up on that men can get away with lies, deception,

trust issues ... and that women are NOT entitled to respect they are only there to service

a mans needs??

I agree, most women are worth more than the treatment they get from cheating partners. If it is made obvious to the children though that the father is cheating by the mother, well, that's just not right either. At least to a certain point they should be protected from the harsh realities.

In cases of abuse I would say leave with your kids as soon as it is safe to do so.

For a long time women really were just there to service the men, some people still feel like that now. It's ingrained into societies psyche. My own Father as that mindset but I never humoured him. My Mother told me to learn from her mistakes and so I did. The more he treated women sub human the less I would think of him. I hope I am not the exception to your rule though, I hope you are wrong entirely and that other girls in my position would rebel against it too. It depends on the guidance a Mother gives I think.

Each situation is different and should go on what is best for the children. If it detrimental to them to leave, she should stay.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

I think you underestimate the perception of young children ... they are very good at picking

up on subtleties, nuances and atmosphere between adults. They (the children) often pick

up on when something is wrong long before the aggrieved partner does!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Onami

I think you underestimate the perception of young children ... they are very good at picking

up on subtleties, nuances and atmosphere between adults. They (the children) often pick

up on when something is wrong long before the aggrieved partner does!

Agree.

Ive never underestimated my children. They are very quick to pick up a Parents problems, even if you are not announcing them on an adult frequency.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Who cares what he says?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My first marrage was a nightmare. My ex-wife was abusive and indifferant at the same time (if that makes any sense). I tried to keep the marrage together, but she was not interested. She just wanted a butler and cash machine for a husband. I did have many oppertunities to cheat on her. I had several people tell me that they would understand if I did, even my family said this. The fact is, I never cheated on her. As for me, I don't have that stain on my soul. I have more respect for myself then to do that. Like others have said, two wrongs don't make a right. I did divorsce her, and I was awarded the children. Can you imagine that, a man getting the kids? She didn't even fight to keep them. So, I say to the men that have cheated on their spouse...your not really men. A man does the right thing, takes responsibility, and takes care of thier family. If the marrage can't be fixed, and you have done everything you could, don't cheat just salvage what you can and move on.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Pat Robertson is a moron. But the one thing he said that is true is "make the home so wonderful that he won't wander". I think men should take the same advice. Then if they still wander, leave them.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

What you want to do is make a home so wonderful that he doesn’t want to wander.”

This is what my Mother was taught and tried to teach her daughters! Also according to Grandma and Mom, you must always be ready in bed or you will lose the jerks! Maybe somethings are better today!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Pat Robertson did a bad job at telling women or the wife at home that they are suppose to make a man feel attracted to her.Works both ways.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
usually when men cheat its because they are seeking what they dont get at home - affection from wife , sex , love .. if wives would remember show some love and affection after married to their husband along with sex they'd find men more likely to stay ... got 3 ex-wives that showed absolutely no love and affection after we had got married ... meh the icequeens .. never have cheated on a wife and always treat my wives well .. been cheated on by a few ex-wives as well .. let the lawyers deal with them .. got better things to do with my time ...

think pat robertson need learn how real world work ... couples need to be able communicate openly and honestly with each other about everything and remember they are equal ... never go to bed mad either ... am glutton for punishment getting married to wife number 14 in few months time ...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

What you want to do is make a home so wonderful that he doesn’t want to wander.”

This is what my Mother was taught and tried to teach her daughters! Also according to Grandma and Mom, you must always be ready in bed or you will lose the jerks! Maybe somethings are better today!

Seems all very one sided to me ?? What were the boys taught? that the world

revolves around them!

___________________________________________________________________________________

And to Expat888

I do hope that's a typo! ... Wife no 14 in a few months time?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Seems all very one sided to me ?? What were the boys taught? that the world

revolves around them!

___________________________________________________________________________________

And to Expat888

I do hope that's a typo! ... Wife no 14 in a few months time?
thats since 1962 to present day ... keep forget it not show ones age online .. am now 70 ... wedding date will be in september a few months from now .
edit on 19/5/13 by Expat888 because: drunken oni dancing on mobile screen ...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join