It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Rockets? Explosions shake Syrian capital, Damascus.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Why are you posting blatant nonsense? I'm on Sky News now - nothing of the sort is being or was said!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Many Jews are not down with the apartheid. People that are educated are not down with Israel. 115 million christians?? That is quite gratuitous. Most westerners have been exposed to one of the christian religions, that doesn't mean we accept them.

And who gives a butt about which side they pick. If they want to fight for Israel, I say put them on a boat and let them go fight. None of this buying a flag sticker and putting it on your car. It is time to show up.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Everybody - this is all unconfirmed. Please do stop your wet dreams about war. Nobody is reporting such things - just some excited weirdo thinking all hell is going to break loose in the ME.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

I looked too. Nothing of the sort. Asked for a link about a half hour ago.

Crickets.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by ausername

Dude, don't flatter yourself. I am no stalker. Following this thread because I am a participant, and just responding to your posts, which I find offensive. I have little tolerance for those that are ignorant.

And you... don't throw around the "ignorant" term to try and rally the typical poster on a site where people mostly ARE very isolated by number in their belief system

Like it or not 70% of Americans Identify as Christian, you can try and take some high road ...heck you can even be RIGHT about your stance, none of that changes the numbers or reality.

The vast Majority of Americans simply don't actually give a damn about what happens to the Palestinians, Most rabidly support an Alliance we have held for decades and since WW2

And more than that... Most... above 3/4 really don't like Islam, will gladly sit back and watch TV no matter what we do.... and Most of the 25% at best that does feel like "it's wrong" wont stand up over it

Because when the sun sets at the end of the day... no one wants to live within Islamic culture, for a Million reasons, the fanatic element, the EXTREME conservatism, even the highly LIBERAL balk when the concepts of loss of women's rights, gay rights, freedom of thought and dress and love enter their minds...

Right or wrong about the "fairness" of the situation

It's an extreme minority that actual gives a crap....

Which makes you wrong in this particular debate

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

If Israel is surrounded and all countries around it advance and do not stop even as Israeli rockets and jets fire against them, then the Muslim nations may need some motivation in halting their advance.

What's more is that Israel's nukes have already served as a default deterrent against any attacks from Muslim nations. Such will not occur. This is all fantasy.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I know next to nothing about explosions but in my professional opinion....That bomb was a doozy!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

You are correct. Seems the new age way of twitter news can lead down many paths. Now a days we get our news from @PrancingPanda, not Dan Rathers lol

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
And Damascus shall cease to be a city..

bible.cc...

Who would have thought that Israel would bring about the prophecy written in their own book?

I would have thought they'd wait to see what God did.

Are the scriptures really prophetic? Or, are they just instructions on what to do next?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Oh yeah, Sharia law is right around the corner. Boo! Did I scare you.

You are out there. No way 70% of the population is christian. They may have been exposed to one of the christian religions, that doesn't mean do do. Most educated people have walked away from the voodoo and the sky fairies. As well as most educated people are liberals. Yeah that's right.

Who are you to say no one gives a butt about the Palestinians. Just because you have determined them to be below you doesn't mean others have accepted that.

You have something seriously wrong with you. I feel sorry for you.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Many Jews are not down with the apartheid. People that are educated are not down with Israel. 115 million christians?? That is quite gratuitous. Most westerners have been exposed to one of the christian religions, that doesn't mean we accept them.

And who gives a butt about which side they pick. If they want to fight for Israel, I say put them on a boat and let them go fight. None of this buying a flag sticker and putting it on your car. It is time to show up.

I'm not... in Love with it either IT'S UGLY

But when the sun sets at the end of the day... War sucks period, if it happens. well... No ones jumping out of bed to defend Palestine and in the end it's futile because what can you even do? If you try to "fight" your just a terrorist and you'll find yourself with 99% of people ready to lynch you

If people are going to die... everyone ELSE in the end will side with the "non converters" because the "converters" are scary

Many people don't like Jews.... There is no news flash there lol it doesn't mean they wouldn't sleep better if the conflict was over and the "lesser" of two "evils" is victorious and Syria is gone and the nonsense is over...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

They seem to be self-fulfilling. I.E. they're not actually inherently true, but crazy humans think they are and so subconsciously, or even consciously, try to make them become true. Worrying, very worrying - especially when your crazy religious neighbours (i.e. the other Muslim nations) believe that your destruction will bring about the coming of some saviour or whatnot...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

During the attack, one Israeli jet was reportedly shot down by Syria's Air Force, according to Hezbollah's Manar TV channel, citing security sources in Damascus.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

a nuclear deterrence can only work for so long (after all when was the last time a nuclear weapon was actually used?). i think its more of a bluff nowadays and you have to think about the political ramifications of using such a weapon. sure you could take out a good number of people but you can't stop a war like that. it would only make the muslim nations angry im guessing. it might even unite them against israel and turn other countries against them too. the politics of nuclear warfare is something i think no nation wants to deal with.
edit on 5-5-2013 by asher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Oh yeah, Sharia law is right around the corner. Boo! Did I scare you.

You are out there. No way 70% of the population is christian. They may have been exposed to one of the christian religions, that doesn't mean do do. Most educated people have walked away from the voodoo and the sky fairies. As well as most educated people are liberals. Yeah that's right.

Who are you to say no one gives a butt about the Palestinians. Just because you have determined them to be below you doesn't mean others have accepted that.

You have something seriously wrong with you. I feel sorry for you.

No I don't your just a typical bleeding heart who probably thinks the 60's were cool, sides with the underdog, identifies yourself by jocking every 3rd world culture that comes along...

In the end your the minority...

Notice btw while you call names... I never once said you were WRONG ethically, in fact went out of my way to say you MAY be correct from a purely moral POV

But like all the pseudo intellectuals you only hear your side of the topic, label me insane or whatever and completely IGNORE the numbers

Let me assure you, small cafes in a few large cities where white guilt is rampant and wanna be "moderns" discuss these topics is NOT the majority of America...

I said... I take NO SIDE ON MORALITY

By number... Americans vastly side with Israel and well... America...

People on ATS say every day 90% of people are SHEEP.... because THEY HOLD a FRINGE POV... Name calling aside... the definite CORRECT part of that statement is 90%

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Don't kill the messenger

The debate didn't boil down to RIGHT and WRONG

If the ATS opinion represented even 10% of America as a whole... there wouldn't be fluoride in my water either...

SHEEP Calling... fine, it doesn't put the % in your favor.... Facts are facts, your on 2-3 pages with the other guy on a specific topic... that topic being "where do Americans opinions lay"

Your in the vast Minority like it or not...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

No, I don't believe I am amongst the minority. It is just you people are louder than everyone else. I know many "true" christians that are all about the real teachings of Christ.

It is just you faux christians who are all about the apostle Paul. You are the minority, you just don't know it cuz you probably live in some cranny with people just like yourself.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yes we all have different pov but we shouldn't judge others, only ourselves. Now I don't want to fund any war what so ever. I wish that people would not use religion as a means to start war or kill in the name of their God. Where has Love for each other gone? why so much hate and evil in this world. Please look in your hearts and don't think about war. If we ignore the ones who want war they will get bored as all they want is to be the best country, we all have to live on this earth and we all need to get along. Love & Light xxx

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This in from Debka news.

Damascus, the same facility which Israeli planes attacked in January. debkafile: The Israeli operation in Syria appears to be in its opening stages, after the first round failed to prevent the transfer of Iran-supplied Scud D and Fateh-110 missiles to Hizballah units fighting in Syria the next day, Saturday. Syrian state TV reported the attack on Jamraya. There was no comment from Israeli spokesmen.

Arab sources reported a series of explosions and fires north of Damascus early Sunday. They say Israeli rockets also hit two 4th Division Republican Guard battalions. The 4th Division is the main Syrian military unit buttressing the regime. It is commanded by President Bashar Assad’s brother, Gen. Maher Assad.

Our military sources have said in the past that the tactic of bombing in Syria advanced weapons shipments in transition from Iran to keep them from reaching Hizballah in Lebanon had been overtaken by the presence of half of Hizballah’s military strength in Syria and able to collect them directly.
And in fact, the Syrian army immediately transferred The Scud D and Fateh-110 consignments directly to the Hizballah elite Al Qods and Al Mahdi brigades which are spearheading the Syrian battle for the key town of Al Qusayr near the Lebanese border, which Syrian rebels have held for more than a year.

The Al Mahdi Brigade joined Al Qods in Syria last Tuesday, April 30.

Israel is determined not to get involved in the Syrian civil war. Therefore, Israel has not struck the advanced weapons passing in this way to Hizballah, which is learning to use them in battle with the rebels. Neither are the 7,000-strong brigades themselves been attacked – thus far.

Israel’s calculus could change when they head back to Lebanon with their new advanced missiles – or before that.
In another response to Israel’s earlier air strike, Syrian army units facing the Jordanian border blasted rebel convoys driving in from Jordan as they passed the Yarmuk River, causing dozens of casualties among the rebels and the Jordanian instructors who had trained them.

Some were hit while still on Jordanian soil; others while on the move from the border past the little Syrian town of Saham al-Jawlan opposite the Golan.

While the Syrian army has made cross-border attacks on Lebanon, this was its first inside Jordan.
The blasts were heard Saturday on the Israeli Golan and caused the cancellation of sporting and other events. Residents were warned that the next time they heard sirens, they were to take heed and seek cover.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Wrong. The majority of San Diegans fought the city council to not have flouride added to our water. The council voted for it in order to be compliant with the laws in the state of California. There is a lot of things we don't want. Just cuz it is happening doesn't mean the majority signed off.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join