It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'bad' aliens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Toads and frogs are different and won't reproduce together to make froads or togs

their DNA is too different.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yes. The genetic structure is too different for them to mate naturally. Now of course, I'm sure the DNA can be manipulated artificially and then you can get a hybrid. The Greys may be up to just that. But it still would be truly amazing if our DNA and the Grey's is close enough for even artificially manipulation.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
True, but it is possible.

Like i say can you explain or that that theory does?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
Toads and frogs are different and won't reproduce together to make froads or togs

their DNA is too different.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by DarkSide]

froads and togs!
thats a good one. you must remember one thing though: they are both closely related, so they will have very SIMILAR DNA

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Similiar, yes-Compatible no. BIG difference. Really.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
so youre on too?? now im not so lonely
ummm... what is the whole compatibility thing about again?

i kinda missed that point...

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Hawker9]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
you live in ohio too? sweet man!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The idea is that the Greys are using humans for our DNA for some purpose. Possibly to prop up their populations. The idea that an alien race has DNA close enough for that kind of exchange is vast. IMO I do think it can be artificially manipulated to be useful to the Greys, but again, I think that is a huge gulf to cross, genetically and spatially.

Ohio, yes- not really too sweet as of late.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
yeah ive seen a lot of history channel shows about ufos and stuff. they always say that abductees claim to have been probed by aliens in their... how shall i say this... genitalia region. they also said that they used long pointy instruments (no not their penises if thats what you were thinking!)

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Why is the topic only referring to Greys? Aren't there several races of Aliens that could be trying to do the same thing. Is the thought that humans are only close to Greys in the DNA area?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I guess so. Plus there the most prominant.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Trying to explain or justify hypothetical Alien beings acording to human parameters is seriously flawed at best.

If a highly "Inteligent", "advanced" (1) Alien species were to exist, most likely we Humans have no capacity to understand it. Imagine a bacteria trying to understand a Human. does not make much sense. Communication would probably be impossible. Again, imagine a bacteria trying to communicate with a human.

Many times when people mention Aliens, they insist that Aliens have to be similar to humans. (Humanoid form,etc) They insist Aliens have to be more "advanced" or less "advanced" than Humans. Again, comparing what is most likely impossible to Compare.

In Absolute terms, Mankind knows nothing of the Universe. Yet still some claim they know its aproximate size, the % of matter , number of stars, etc.

The first step in learning is realizing the fact that we don't know anything.

Spiritual/Advanced/Power/Energy/Geometry

all of these are human abstractions. to facilitate the comprehension of our surroundings, but they are not reality per se.

An Alien Species , specially an "advanced" one most likely does not "work" or "act" according to human logic, or parameters.

Concepts such as Technology, Social behavior etc could be meaningless to different lifeform.

Other thing, an Alien Species could be more "advanced"(1) than Humans in some areas and less "advanced"(1) in others.

(1) - "advanced" "inteligent" according to the human definition. not necessarily the Alien (?) definition.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
We are not bacteria therefore makeing that comparison pointless. We are similar, conmunication is not in the slightest impossible, it isn't even improbable. They are hundreds of years ahead of us, bacteria are thousands maybe millions maybe hundred of millions of years behind us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join