It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer fired for offering fellow cops Trayvon Martin target for shooting practice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
They most likely fired him, before outrage from the black community. Yall dont realize how sour relations have been down here in fla since that happened.
edit on 14-4-2013 by Computron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It's disgusting, but you're not going to get much sympathy from members here. Most people have already concluded that Trayvon was guilty from the day they saw his picture. He was walking while black, in a hoodie, and there for he must have been up to no good. To them black males are never up to any good, so shooting a target of this kid is perfectly understandable... because you know, it's political correctness gone mad to speak out against blatant racism on this board.

Anyway the guy was fired, quick thinking from authorities
. All the other cowards trying to defend him have the luxury of hiding behind computer screens, this guy is paying the price and pretty soon he'll be forgotten.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Originally posted by SpaDe_
There is a picture floating around of Gabby Giffords shooting at a target that shows a white hooded teenager, where is the outrage over that?

Where? Is this at a police shooting range? Do you have a link? I saw a picture of Reagan once used as a firing target. But this was on private property, the picture was owned by a private individual.

Where's your source?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I had to take a break for a moment before I decided to watch this video. Below is Ron King's response, the police trainer who was fired because of this incident. To those who were disgusted with the events, I'd advise them to watch this:

Ron King denied that he intended to use the targets for gun practice. Although he did admit that he had stored the picture away to be used later in a practice round, he stated that the picture was only intended for train police officers when not to fire (much like using a school girl in the target practice range to train police officers to think quickly). He denies that he had intention on using the picture for direct target practice or anything of the nature, and even stated that he did not intend to use it that day at all, instead, as he claims it was just being stored, and the sergeant he presented it to had framed him for his own political agendas.

Whether Ron King is telling the truth, well an investigation will need to show this, but he denies that he intended to do what is being described. He did apologize that he had this picture in possession and was shaken up (he had to pause as I think he was alittle shaken up by all this). He could be lying, but there are two sides to every story. Well I'd respect if an investigation is carried out on all this. I am still disgusted at the fact the picture was in possession by a shooting instructor (somebody we pay our tax payer money to, somebody who is meant to protect and serve the community as a whole) but nevertheless he his remorseful about this fact.
edit on 14-4-2013 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I appreciate your bringing the video and showing both sides as it's being presented after the fact. I just have 3 basic points I can't get past though and they are very simple ones.

#1. Was a target made with the likeness of a kid killed in a controversial shooting?

Yes, it was.

#2. Did THIS cop make that target and put the scoring rings of a live shooting target over the top of that likeness?

Yes. He did.

#3 Did he intend that target to EVER be downrange in a live firing event?

Yes, by his own admission, he did.

That's all I need to know, quite literally. Everything else is justifications and rationalizing what cannot be excused. Now it's a shame the man has lost his career over this bad bad moment of judgement. However, he can join the ranks of politicians and others who lost careers over a single instance of bad judgement. He can consider the jails full of people who lost far more than that over single moments of very bad judgement.

Life can be great and life can be cruel. We largely make our own fates though, and he made his. Maybe Burger King is hiring? That's all the sympathy I have for him .....and my feelings on how the original shooting happened aren't even relevant to this outrage.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If this was really meant to be one of the cutouts that shouldn't be shot at, the Trayvon non-target should just have had a little badge on it, saying "Don't shoot me, bro'!" Anyone with such bad judgement is too stupid to be wearing a cop's badge, and certainly not fit to be training other badge-wearers.
edit on 14-4-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I think he should fired out pure stupidity

Good call. It would make the public safer.

If they fired every stupid police officer, there wouldn't be many of them left.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by SpaDe_

There is a picture floating around of Gabby Giffords shooting at a target that shows a white hooded teenager, where is the outrage over that?

Where? Is this at a police shooting range? Do you have a link? I saw a picture of Reagan once used as a firing target. But this was on private property, the picture was owned by a private individual.

Where's your source?

Here is the picture, I was wrong about being hooded, he is in fact wearing a hat.

Link

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am from the Cape Canaveral/Space Coast area and saw this last night. The officer had a silhouette of someone in a hoody, NOT the picture shown on the front of this thread. Again the target didn't resemble Treyvon Martin, just a person with a hoody on.

I support the officer and feel he was wrongfully fired.

Here is a better news source:

www.cfnews13.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by SpaDe_

Where's your source?

Here is the picture, I was wrong about being hooded, he is in fact wearing a hat.

Link

Wow, she had a big smile on her face in that pic.
If you look at the kid pictured on the target, just what is that he is holding in his hands? If it is supposed to be a gun, why does it look more like a stuffed animal or a toy? What gun has two eyes, ears, a nose and fur on top of it?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
I think he should fired out pure stupidity

I agree. It was an extremely stupid thing to do.
It shows a severe lack of good judgement on his part.
I wouldn't want this fella as a cop in my town.

(And no .. I"m not being 'politically correct' ....
So don't even go there ... )

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
The officer had a silhouette of someone in a hoody, NOT the picture shown on the front of this thread. Again the target didn't resemble Treyvon Martin, just a person with a hoody on.

OOOOOOOPS .. I stand corrected. It wasn't what is being presented here?
Okay .. I'll have to back off my previous comment and wait to see all the facts.
I thought they were in but ... we got fooled.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I just found a news site with the silhouette in question. Clearly it does not look like T. M.

www.wesh.com...

I can't embed this video but found another one.

edit on 14-4-2013 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

The target in question did not even have a face on it! It was just a silhouette target of someone wearing a hoodie holding a can and with something in their pocket! Wow! just gets more ridiculous.

The other thing is the OP's link even went back and changed the wording on the original story because it is not an image of Trayvon Martin as was mentioned in the first published version. Typical media trying to hype something to stir public outrage.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

So it doesnt show the face, but the skittles, and the tea in the target's right hand doesnt resemble Treyvon? You've got to be kidding me.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Looks nothing like Trayvon, and that cop was fired over that?

FIRED OVER THAT?

Ridiculous.

edit on 14-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Computron
reply to post by jrod

So it doesnt show the face, but the skittles, and the tea in the target's right hand doesnt resemble Treyvon? You've got to be kidding me.

So everyone wearing a hoodie and carrying a tea and skittles are now immediately assumed to be black teenagers? Good to know!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Computron

I missed the skittles and tea when I first saw this on the news last night. I really don't think it is enough to get the officer fired. The problem with cases like the T.M. shooting is opinions and decisions are based on emotions, not facts. The firing of Sgt. King was an emotional response in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Computron
reply to post by jrod

So everyone wearing a hoodie and carrying a tea and skittles are now immediately assumed to be black teenagers? Good to know!

Nope, not just black teenagers, they are actually Treyvon.

If putting a bag of Skittles and a can of Arizona Iced Tea in the hands of a photo makes it Treyvon, why not.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by Computron

I missed the skittles and tea when I first saw this on the news last night. I really don't think it is enough to get the officer fired. The problem with cases like the T.M. shooting is opinions and decisions are based on emotions, not facts. The firing of Sgt. King was an emotional response in my opinion.

I could certainly understand the reasoning behind using the Skittles and Iced Tea in the poster to illustrate that the person should not shoot in that situation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join