It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official - Leadership vote at 130pm WST - GILLARD to face off for PM!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpy64

He was actually climbing in popularity towards that time and it was suppressed so that the remainder of the idiots voted for Gillard. So MSM tells me this morning?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpy64

No no no, see they found something out today. that a report on Rudds popularity showing a sharp INCREASE was hidden on the day he was knifed, as not to deter people voting against him.

He was popular when he was knifed, just like he is popular now.

[8am: Labor polling taken on the eve of Kevin Rudd's political assassinationrevealed a rebound for the overthrown PM, an exclusive News Limited report revealed today.

The polling, which suggested Labor could still have won an election in 2010 under Mr Rudd's leadership, was kept a secret from him, most senior ministers and the majority of the Labor caucus for fear it could have unravelled plans for the coup already under way.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I'm confident he will get it.

Creen and camp would never have taken this step unless they were sure.

So, its a Rudd & Crean ticket Vs Abott and Co.

Could be interesting.

C'mon Rudd, GO YOU BLOODY SAUCE BOTTLE SHAKER YOU!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

BETTING agencies have hoped onto the political chaos in Canberra and have given current Prime Minister Julia Gillard an outside chance at $6.00 to retain the top job, while Kevin Rudd is the re-hot favourite at $1.10.

Read more: www.news.com.au...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You lot are hilarious .Reading this thread is funny
Thank goodness for free speech.1%

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

OPPOSITION Leader Tony Abbott has moved to suspend standing orders and to move a motion of no confidence in Prime Minister Julia Gillard.

Read more: www.news.com.au...

Vote failed!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

C'mon Rudd, GO YOU BLOODY SAUCE BOTTLE SHAKER YOU!

BRILLIANT!!!

Fingers crossed!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Who in their right mind would want Tony Abbott as Australian PM.

This man is a FREAK ladies and Gentlemen, a FREAK.

Our collective pay packets will take a huge dive, this Super Religious NUTJOB has a 1950's mindset.

May God help us if he ever gets elected.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
The problem here is that the red headed twit has someone in her corner that is rather powerful. The CIA.

The US do not want Rudd as PM. He likes China too much.

It is a pity that Democracy is at the whim of another Government.

P

THIS..........is the bottom line in all this.

Australia has always been a political experiment under the watchful eye of the CIA.

The CIA was behind the Gough Whitlam downfall and also Rudd's.

There's a big agenda going on behind the scenes that the public can only speculate on.

And Australians are the innocent victims.

As mentioned earlier....Rudd had a decent working relationship with China, he had worked/lived ther at one stage and understands the language. Is this considered a threat by the CIA?

Is Rudd a Chinese Manchurian Candidate? I know Im drawing a long bow here but theres a reason why Mark Arbib (publicly outed in Wikileaks as a CIA informer and one of the faceless men behind Rudd's demise) and others knifed Rudd for Gillard who obviously never had a clue on how to govern, was not experienced enough to govern, had no policy initiatives that made sense and neither did any of the clowns in her cabinet.

Mark my words, this will become a Rudd/Shorten leadership now, and they will call an immediate 4 week election once announced.

Shorten will NOT be leader as the position is currently tarnished but they will groom him for a tilt at the job in 4 years time.

The Labor party will also say goodbye to any union influence that there may be running the party now, those days are gone and the swing to the Right will be hard and heavy and may actually save the party and win it the next election with strong hitting language and election policy announcement.

Abbott will struggle to compete I think.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one, but I think Labor has put itself in a position where the only way forward is to cut its ties to the union based past and jump the fence to the Right. Else face annhialation into history.

Question: How will the CIA hounds look at the unfolding events?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Mmmmmmm? Wise words indeed................wait a minute, You're a my Mommas house??? Whaaaaa?

Joking aside,

Wise words and I happen to agree with you. I want Rudd to be Prime Minister again but I think it may play out the way you said. Too much dead wood in in the party.

Although, I'm still looking into the CIA claim? Hmmmm?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Kevin Rudd, has pulled out!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Wonder if someone else will challenge?

There should be!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

I doubt Crean could do it..

I was always scared of Conroy, he was the CIA stooge in the camp, but his media reforms being voted down has spelt the death of his political run.

I think Gillards going to hold on now.. Rudd was realistically the only logical choice.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well imo shows Rudd was not the best choice, he dumps the challenge at the last minute making no time for someone else.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I wonder if he's been threatened? Quite possible, imo

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

I dunno.. they have had hours to firm up who's who.. him telling the camera's at the last minute doesnt mean the insiders weren't aware.

I fear he's gone a bit to far with this 'pride-my word' charade.

Crean stuck his neck out, Rudd needed to stand up and put his hand in the ring.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Yep well looks likely noone might challenge now. Labor is doomed at this rate. Liberals rejoice!! Today is a huge step toward victory!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Gillard and Swan have been re-elected as leadership

edit on 21-3-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I agree with you that Crean stuck his head out, perhaps wrongly so. But Labor really needed to get their biologically processed waste together in quick order. Either way now, probably the worst leader remains to contest the next federal election. I bet some heads will roll now, though would of rolled anyway regardless of the outcome.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yeah I just read that Rudd won't stand aswell......just makes the whole scenario a mess.

Creans been sacked from the front bench for sticking his head out and supporting Rudd. Why would ge publicly state the was supporting Rudd if Rudd aint standing?

Makes the previous claim that he was "spoken to" more likely.....which also makes me think more so now that there is a higher agenda for Gillard.

The other bit of info that makes me think that members have been "spoken to" is the following.

Posted at 2:59pm today.

ALP Leaders urge Rudd backers to pull back

Cabinet minister and former Labor leader Simon Crean intervened on Thursday - the final sitting day of parliament before a seven-week break - and expressed his frustration about the internal warfare.

"You stop the stalemate by getting people to pull back, understand it is in our interests to act in a more unified way and get on with the task in presenting ourselves as an united government with a pretty scary opposition," Mr Crean told reporters in Canberra.

Mr Crean said he had not spoken to Kevin Rudd about pulling back his supporters pushing for the former prime minister to take over from Julia Gillard.

"They have to unify because it is killing us, in my view, the disunity. It has never been a good thing," he said.

Crean quoting the above is an absolute joke after earlier on in the day publicly backing Rudd and calling for the spill.

The seriousness of the about face should be a warning to us all that it is not Australians running the parliament but "others" that still continue to lurk in the shadows.

Gillard is the ultimate puppet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join