It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Dating...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Seriously,

get your game on boys....it isn't hard.

You can spend a month researching alien abuductions but can't spend 20 minutes looking up how to treat a lady.

My God your pathetic.

Love ya though!

I have this weird problem though, I don’t know if i am ugly or good looking or some way in between. My ex wouldn’t tell me. In the past some people said i was, but i thought they were just saying that i was half decent looking so i have no idea and no confidence meh!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I was on oasis dating That went terrible a Lot of Gold diggers on oasis I was on there for 5 years sent out 4,000,000 startup lines 2 returned and some of those so called women looked like Guys the ones that responded to me usually looked like::

Click the link IF YOU DARE!

i675.photobucket.com...

Eww.. I wanted to f***ing PUKE! I always attract THAT type of female and / or 8 year olds.. I'd rather commit suicide! then be seen with a THING like that and 8 year olds For G*DS SAKE I'm no paedophile! I think to myself why the f*ck do these Normal guys get all the Cuties while I'm lumped with the behemoths.

No, I do not like fat chicks I mean if they were my weight I wouldn't care I have a small pot gut but F**k man Not Like That!
edit on 7/3/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: Correcting spelling errors and linking to that picture!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

Okay 4,000,000:2 ratio in 5 years is bad. You would of had better luck with a sign "I am single" on the highway.
You did not look at another site?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by d8track

No I would have had more luck with a sign on my forehead saying "F*ck me right over!"

I am on Match.com (I call it MATCHSTICK.com)

they require Cashish for you to even see who's viewed your f***ing profile!
edit on 8/3/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

I have not been on the sites you mentioned. On any the ratio is about 10 men for 1 woman. This is why a good profile is important. I have tried POF for 2 months and it is free. I get messages daily on it. I have sent out messages to 20 women had 10 reply and been on 3 dates. Just be respectful to all of them. The woman like the one in your picture is looking for the same thing as you. There is a filter to select the type you are looking for.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang
reply to post by TheGreazel

One of my friends explained that first message to me this way... you have to "neg" them. You have to discreetly/playfully put them down while doing it in the most non-douchiest way possible.

That's just silly...lol....anytime another person "negs" another person...it's all bad......if someone responds to that they have "issues" to work out.......

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

That's just silly...lol....anytime another person "negs" another person...it's all bad......if someone responds to that they have "issues" to work out.......

Well to be fair everyone that does online dating has a few issues to work out... one of them being the "single" issue.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Lol it is definetly true, you have helped the foundation of our words. I didn't ask for it to be like this, it is just like this.

Now is the time, To not think about them at all anymore, think about something else.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

I would have to agree with MountainLaurel on the "neg" part. That would end a conversation quick. But the part your friend told you "You have to discreetly/playfully put them down while doing it in the most non-douchiest way possible." Could work. It would have to be in good humor. For example. If you are chatting with a woman and her profile says she works out you can make a comment like "I thought you said you work out. You have tiny little chicken arms. But you do have nice thighs." Cheezy I know. I would not try this.
At first I thought you meant the negative profile. This is very risky but it could get woman to message you. You would have to start your profile like this "First let me tell you I would not date any woman from an online dating site. You online woman are all the same. Shopping for men like you would a new outfit from Victoria Secret. You would have to give me a very good reason to even think about reading a message from you." Most people try to make a welcoming profile so this would stand out for sure. Confidence works better than being nice. Just always have respect.
edit on 9-3-2013 by d8track because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

Absolutely...a sence of humor goes a long way.....lol...and I happen to like more sarcasitic, in a fun-loving way of course, types........as I said in an earlier post...was a different dynamic in chat rooms....rather then dating sites....and you were attracted to people's minds, before you shared pics......lol...back in the day....

Sooo cool update I thought I would share in this thread.....Love can happen on-line....me and that guy I told you about that were together 10yrs...have decided we still Love each other and are going to get back together...he's even willing to relocate.....I'm really happy....♥

Good Luck to all of us.......we're not getting through this mess without "Love"...........

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Congrats! I really hope it works out, glad to hear you guys haven't given up.

And I do think "negging" actually works, I may have made it sound worse than it really is. Basically you can't compliment girls when messaging them online because they get so many compliments already that if you compliment them they will probably just be like tell me something I don't know and move on. If you can neg them respectfully then that will probably make you stand out.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
All I want for christmas is...

an amy pond lookalike ,, ooohh yeah

I'd propose marriage

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Well, it's online dating not E-mail order bride...If you're putting all this heavy blah blah blah...no one wants to hear that. If your life story is on there why bother they already got to know you yeah?

Just write enough to show you're mentally stable; and state you're just interested in meeting people and see what happens ya know? Someone to go have some fun...not wanna go have a job interview over dinner? Maybe start a profile to just make platonic friends with the opposite sex? Intentionally stick women in the friend zone...get to know them meet their friends build trust communication...if you're only interested in the bed zone then there's sites for that too.

In my 20's I had at least 10 platonic friends that were women...it sounds like you just lack confidence in being yourself and have no experience just hanging out with women...they are not as complicated as everyone makes them out to be. If you are just straight up honest there would be plenty happy to have a platonic friend. Just don't use that as a ruse to go creeping...despite what many think women are way smarter when it comes to smelling out some rat of a guy...if they are interested enough for some reason they may let that slide. Whats funny is the whole time the guy runs around thinking he has an upper hand if he stoops to games.

Once I had female friends and grew from being around them...I didn't need to pretend I didn't need to run a game. I was straight up...I said I have goals and I am not going to stop or give them up for anything, I don't have time for a relationship...you can be a friend or a lover either way is fine by me. Not defining what you want or where you are going or want to in life...women have already decided A or B without you even asking; leave that open too long and you're out of the decision. You're either jumped one drunken night or you're in the friend zone...women have too many options on the table for a guy to beat around the bush...they could be crushing on a guy oblivious to her hints...but you're the one taking initiative by stating what you want and where you're headed.

From that either she'll jump for sexual partner from being frustrated by indecisive crush guy, or friends because you're someone that's obviously honest and decisive about what you want and where you are headed.

Sorry fellas planning to run this as some dumb game...it'll be sniffed out from the word go women are way smarter than you will ever be relationship wise. Guys that run games are still in middle school...when every woman holds 4 phd's so maybe they will humor you if you're cute enough...but don't think for a second you're getting anything over on them.
edit on 18-3-2013 by BigBrotherDarkness because: you you're and your got all nuts for a second...hard to type in the dark

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
speaking of games, are there any gamer girls on ats? i love gamer girls

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness

In my 20's I had at least 10 platonic friends that were women...it sounds like you just lack confidence in being yourself and have no experience just hanging out with women...they are not as complicated as everyone makes them out to be. If you are just straight up honest there would be plenty happy to have a platonic friend. Just don't use that as a ruse to go creeping...despite what many think women are way smarter when it comes to smelling out some rat of a guy...if they are interested enough for some reason they may let that slide. Whats funny is the whole time the guy runs around thinking he has an upper hand if he stoops to games.

Sir, I would be careful dishing out paragraphs of advice based on a false assumption. Your assumption is "it sounds like you just lack confidence in being yourself and have no experience just hanging out with women." Lack of confidence being myself, there is some of that. But no experience with women, that is a big assumption, and a condescending one at that.

I do believe I mentioned that I didn't have a good track record with relationships.... implying that I HAVE had some just not good ones. I have also said once I get to a date I'm not worried at all, implying that I have been on dates before. And I do have friends that are girls and have had many in the past and from my experience I would much rather hang out with guy friends. What normal guy wouldn't?

So I'm not going to go out of my way to become friends with girls when I would much rather hang out with friends that are guys.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Hello Wang Tang. Did you find what you were looking for? 8 pages of info. What did you learn?
The on line game is fun but not real. It is a good way to find the type of women you might like. You have to do things you like to do and get out and meat people.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have gotten phone numbers from 5 girls and gone out on 1 ok date, the date went fine but not a good match. I have other potential dates lined up in the near future but I have been very busy and unable to go on any dates in the last month or so. It was a pretty exhausting process but luckily I do have something to show for it... we'll see how it all plays out in the next month.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

Yes, however I am taken by an ATS member whom I met on a game.
I am sure there are more of us out there that are currently single.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by ObservingYou
Glad I logged back in, I just started speaking with the almost perfect guy!

Spose there's some hope after all OP

Not if you think there is such a thing as a perfect guy.

They all need the proper training first.

I'm extremely trainable.
Just sayin

dude, i'm pretty sure that you are talking about an entirely different kind of training

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Oh ya I tried that once for like a bit, a year or so ago. Only thing I learned from it, is to put more effort next time into it because I only sent a message to one girl then I was like over it, when she so rudely did not respond to me. Don't know brah I got a strange vibe of the whole internet dating thing, but then again I get a strange vibe of the whole dating thing in general. It just seems to be tailored for females and there games and egos, most of them just seemed to be serial daters or on a power trip or something.

But I also learned something from my short half assed try in internet dating, I learned what females to avoid next time, if there even is going to be a next time that is. In all I heard online relationships works for some, but not for others. I think I may be in the other category, and likely to avoid the whole thing for like perpetuity. For me at least its likely a dead end.
So um ya, no luck here, but don't let that discourage you, I ain't exactly the most normal of dudes and I think things may go the same for me no matter what, internet or no. And also I confess but I do find these sort of things strangely hilarious, please do keep us updated on your next hilarious adventures in dateland.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join