It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesnt Nasa have any detailed pictures of the Moon anomally Shard?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Since when was the moon 100% "flat," without rock formation? Idiots.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Shaxuul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The artcile shows respected scientists who have the same idea in mind which is suggesting Nasa provide to the Public detailed pictures of the moon surface and let the Public expend their efforts scouring through the thousands of pictures to pick out ones which have details which look artifical. You know is Nasa is a Civilian space agency then why not use the Public for support.

I realise you're new to these subjects, but it's still worth highlighting the fact that the reason these conspiracies exist is mainly due to NASA making catalogues of images publicly available. Prior to the internet it was done by mail order and now it's a free-for-all.

The point is, it's all very well doubting the integrity of NASA and yet they still have made freely available TBs of resources. There are members and ex-members of ATS who have scrutinised moon images looking for unnatural artefacts and largely failing to discover anything convincing. Some are more interesting than others. Naturally, rather than building a case that, yeah, the moon is actually a barren wasteland, it's flipped over and becomes a case that NASA are hiding the *proof.*

Anyway, despite the difference of opinion here, I thought you might be interested in the following papers.

Arkhipov, A. (1995) A Search for Alien Artifacts on the Moon Link!

Arkhipov, A (1999) A Preliminary Search for Ruin-Like Formations on the Moon Link!

Brin, G. D. (1983) The Great Silence - the Controversy Concerning Extraterrestrial Intelligent Life Link!

Papagiannis, M. D. (1985) An infrared search in our solar system as part of a more flexible search strategy Link!

Papagiannis, M. D. (1978) Are We all Alone, or could They be in the Asteroid Belt ? Link!

Papagiannis, M. D. (1984) Natural Selection of Stellar Civilizations by the Limits of Growth Link!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

This at the end of the day is not about discrediting Nasa this is about balancing of the debt owed to civilians who fund Nasa. Enclosed is a link to Nasas budget over last 40 or so years. If a member of US public asks for a more detailed picture of area of interest and Nasa have the picture in their database they should provide it no questions asked. Thanks for links.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
There is a Disney produced documentary that was just posted by a guy who recorded it off TV in the mid 90's. Apparently it was aired only once and never seen again.

It relates to this discussion in that it talks about NASA's refusal to acknowledge the existence of ET visitors, UFO's etc. It really deserves it's own thread imo, but since I dont have 20 posts, I can't yet start one. Check it out though, it's well worth 43 minutes of your time!!

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gtr003121

I watched the Video alot of abduction stories on there, very spooky subject in itself.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Im so frustrated, on google moon i found a huge black and red tipped shard, i posted a topic with photos and no one was interested, but thats ok,dont expect NASA to say anything about such annomilies.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

please link your picture find in this thread if you like.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I suppose you can provide at least one good example of NASA photo editing something that cannot be seen in any other official photo, right?

You know that I am unlikely to own any NASA photo´s not in the public domain, so why ask?

And for Phage too...

I have every reason to think it is a flaw in the image and not an actual object. Can you provide a reason for me to think otherwise?

What I can point you to, is the accounts of some of those more in the know, than mere punters on a web forum.

edit on 10-2-2013 by AuntieChrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
i do read Mods posts but not before members as i always figured Mods are acting as..the umpire or abritrator is here in the debating room.

That's why I have been using this "mod thingy" on my posts, saying "The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion." and "As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.", but I guess they are invisible.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

This at the end of the day is not about discrediting Nasa this is about balancing of the debt owed to civilians who fund Nasa. Enclosed is a link to Nasas budget over last 40 or so years.

1. SATELLITE TELEVISION: Our world would not be the same without the satellites now in orbit around the Earth – all thanks to the space programme. They not only give us satellite broadcast television and radio but also power telecommunications including mobile phones and terrestrial TV networks. 2. SAT NAV: The global positioning system on which our in-car navigation systems are based was developed by the US Department of Defense. They would not exist without the space satellites. 3. GOOGLE EARTH: Mapping was never as accurate as the images we can now get thanks to satellites which from space can even see a dog in your back garden. 4. VIRTUAL REALITY: Nasa-developed research and advanced technology devices allow users to project themselves into a computer-generated environment. When coupled with a stereo-viewing device and appropriate software, it creates a feeling of actually being there. 5. ARTIFICIAL LIMBS: Prosthetic limbs are not new but advancements in space robotics are being adapted to create more lifelike, functioning limbs. 6. DIALYSIS: Modern machines to do the work of the kidneys – for patients waiting for or unable to have transplants – were developed as a result of a Nasa-developed chemical process. 7. MRI AND CAT SCANS: Nasa did not invent magnetic resonance imaging but it has contributed to major advances thanks to research into computer enhancement of pictures sent from the moon. Digital image processing has led to enhanced images of human organs. 8. BREAST CANCER SCREENING: A silicon chip originally developed for Nasa’s Hubble Space Telescope makes the testing process less painful, less scarring and less expensive than traditional biopsy methods. 9. ULTRASOUND TO ASSESS SKIN DAMAGE: An advanced instrument uses ultrasound technology to assess the depth of burn damage immediately, improving patient treatment and saving lives in serious burn cases. 10. EAR THERMOMETER: Removing the need to use intrusive, mercury-based thermometers on newborn babies and critically ill patients, the ear thermometer uses infrared astronomy technology to measure the amount of energy emitted by the eardrum. This is how Nasa measures the temperature of stars and planets. 11. ATTENTION GETTER: Techniques used to measure brain activity in Nasa pilots are being used to improve attention spans for children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. mpu 12. ROAD SAFETY: The cutting of grooves in concrete to increase traction was developed to reduce space shuttle accidents on runways. It is now applied to roads and has cut US traffic accidents by 85 per cent. 13. IMPROVED RADIAL TYRES: Goodyear developed a fibrous material five times stronger than steel for Nasa to use in parachutes to land the Viking explorers on Mars. They expanded the technology to produce a harder-wearing radial car tyre. 14. LANDMINE REMOVAL: Surplus rocket fuel is used for a flare that can burn a hole in the case of a mine and burn away its explosive content. 15. STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS: Nasa software engineers have created thousands of computer programs to find imperfections in aerospace structures and components which has proved invaluable in air safety. 16. WATER FILTERS: Water-cleaning technology has existed since the early Fifties but Nasa came up with ways to filter it in more extreme situations. The activated charcoal with silver ions used in commercial filter systems cleans the water and kills bacteria. 17. FREEZE-DRIED FOOD: Nasa carried out extensive research to reduce the weight of food to be carried on missions. The result was a method for cooking food, freezing it quickly, then slowly heating it in a vacuum chamber to remove the ice crystals. The end product weighs one fifth of the original, while retaining 98 per cent of its nutrition. 18. TEMPER FOAM: Nasa developed a soft, high-energy-absorbent padding to improve crash protection in aircraft. Now “memory foam” is used in mattresses, pillows, military and civilian vehicles, sports safety equipment, amusement park rides, furniture and artificial limbs. 19. SCRATCH-RESISTANT LENSES: A modified version of a process developed by Nasa involves coating the lenses with a film of carbon that helps avoid scratches and decreases friction and reduces water spots. 20. CORDLESS POWER TOOLS: The household and DIY products firm Black & Decker came up with a portable drill capable of extracting core samples from below the lunar surface during the Apollo missions. The same technology has been used on cordless miniature vacuum cleaners 21. PERSONAL ALARM SYSTEMS:.

Nasa gives.
edit on 10-2-2013 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
On this site:

wms.lroc.asu.edu...

use these coordinates:
Latitude 45.503
Longitude 28.187

Appear to be footprints walking diagonally by tire tracks out in the middle of nowhere.

Enjoy~

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Is there a price to inspiration and creativity athlon? Economic, scientific and technological returns of space exploration have far exceeded the investment. Globally, 43 countries now have their own observing or communication satellites in Earth orbit. Observing Earth has provided G.P.S., an meteorological forecasts, predictions and management of hurricanes and other natural disasters, and global monitoring of the environment, as well as surveillance and intelligence. Satellite communications have changed life and business practices with computer operations, cell phones, global banking, and TV. Studying humans living in the microgravity of space has expanded our understanding of osteoporosis and balance disorders, and has led to new treatments. Wealth-generating medical devices and instrumentation such as digital mammography and outpatient breast biopsy procedures and the application of telemedicine to emergency care are but a few of the social and economic benefits of manned exploration athlon that we take for granted.

Space exploration is not a drain on the economy buddy; it generates infinitely more than wealth than it spends. Royalties on NASA patents and licenses currently go directly to the U.S. Treasury, not back to NASA. I firmly believe that the Life Sciences Research Program would be self-supporting if permitted to receive the return on its investment. NASA has done so much with so little that it has generally been assumed to have had a huge budget. In fact, the 2007 NASA budget of $16.3 billion is a minute fraction of the $13 trillion total G.D.P.

The profit has been there for all to see....

denver22

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
“Space exploration can also serve as a stimulus for children to enter the fields of science and engineering.”

Vernikos on the R.O.I. of space travel: “Economic, scientific and technological returns of space exploration have far exceeded the investment. … Royalties on NASA patents and licenses currently go directly to the U.S. Treasury, not back to NASA.”

Cowing on space expenditures relative to other costs: “Right now, all of America’s human space flight programs cost around $7 billion a year. That’s pennies per person per day. In 2006, according to the USDA, Americans spent more than $154 billion on alcohol. We spend around $10 billion a month in Iraq. And so on.”

Facts are without the acheivments of NASA we wouldn't have half the things in our daily lives..

Denver22...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by crzayfool
So... As the comet hits the Moon, the energy released melts the ice, the ice comes in contact with the Moons surface and as Lunar Ejection occurs it mixes the fine moon dust (the contaminant) with the water and hey presto... A big wobbly looking tower!

I see two problems with that:
1 - wouldn't the Sun melt the ice?
2 - nobody saw a comet hitting the Moon, so it had to have happened a long time ago, but it wasn't visible in any photos taken before the Lunar Orbiter III photo.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
You owe Nasa for 80% of all you're household commodities.Ohh how the charlatans spin
things, and lean towards NASA as a means of selling drivel in order to make money
like our good friend Richie 'hoax' hoagland.

Athlon not aimed towards you my friend btw.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaffer44
What if they destroyed the tower at some point since origanal pictures were taken.

Where are the debris?

Also, it doesn't appear in older photos, so they had to have built it and destroy it in a relatively short amount of time.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

You owe Nasa for 80% of all you're household commodities

Wow! NASA is so great. All hail NASA, I never knew they had invented tables, chairs, carpets, cookers, pots, pans, knives, forks, spoons, pens, pencils, curtains, beds, baths, showers, toilets, light fittings, fridges, Technics turntables, etc. etc. etc.

But if your line of thought, then considering as NASA is essentially an extension of the NAZI rocket preogramme then IN FACT we should all be thanking the Nazi Party for our modern world.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

If this was the case and alien bases were on the moon wouldn't this piss the aliens off and cause
some type of war like our green friends foes etc wanting revenge or somewhat.

Regarding annihilation of the said structure ..

You're right where did the debris go certainly not sucked up in a space vacuum 'spaceballs' pun.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntieChrist
reply to post by denver22

You owe Nasa for 80% of all you're household commodities

Wow! NASA is so great. All hail NASA, I never knew they had invented tables, chairs, carpets, cookers, pots, pans, knives, forks, spoons, pens, pencils, curtains, beds, baths, showers, toilets, light fittings, fridges, Technics turntables, etc. etc. etc.

But if your line of thought, then considering as NASA is essentially an extension of the NAZI rocket preogramme then IN FACT we should all be thanking the Nazi Party for our modern world.

LMAO praise NASA and understand that the very fact you are on this site, the very fact that you
are on the internet talking to little johny and suzie on 'facebook' your 'phone' the medicinal
benefits that saves you're very lives is mostly down to 'NASA' ....

Take away all that and there's no above top secret discussions per se..

Denver22

P.S
do some research into it you will be amazed sir/mam/?

Peace

edit on 10-2-2013 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Nicely said because its sums up my feeling on the issues of the shard and other moon anomalies. Nasa does not provide enough data to allow the average Joe person to check and be satisfied with what is being told by Nasa is the truth.

Well, anyone has the right to think that they do not get enough information about something, but I think you are wrong when you say that "NASA does not provide enough data to allow the average Joe person to check", as I consider myself an average person (although not a Joe
) and I could get an estimate of the place where the "shard" was supposed to be and I could get other photos of that area.

What else do you want NASA to provide?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join