It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesnt Nasa have any detailed pictures of the Moon anomally Shard?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
reply to post by goou111

Just as I thought, the antenna is from the object taking the picture, even if projected over the surface, it didnt even look like coming from the surface. it's in the air

That's because you know it is the satellite, It actually could look as though it is rising from the suface, but that would be one big shard!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolveriine
reply to post by Phage

Perhaps because there is no "shard" there

There is no shard there ? Let me help you with this

Watch this video posted earlier by our member

First of all id like to say i do believe NASA hide info from us.
That said all the tower looking things on the horizen of this video are actuly edges of crators.
But because the of lighting you are only seeing the parts that are reflecting light.
I know this because i have been doing lots of pictures and videos of the moon over the last two years.
If you do a ats search for moon through mh ipbone 5 you will see.
The first time i video'd that area i freaked out at all the buildings and crain looking structures.
I was going to post a thread on it but thought id double check.
On redoing the video adjusting the appiture of the phone app i saw these for what they were crators.
The tower on the left of the video does seem strange though and the next chance i get a clear night with moon i will be having a look.
Also there is a couple of post showing were the video was taken.
Im not sp sure thats the location. If location was decidex by zooming out of cammera it may not be corect as fractor telescope show things in mirror image also when mohnting the carmera if it is on angle it will also decieve you on position.
So we need to use refernce points to find exact position
As far as i know the video from above is top right of the moon when looking at it with the naked eye

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by AuntieChrist
Unfortunately for your question, you can´t actually make the claim that I used that NASA photo to support any opinion which I may or may not have.

It was more of a "collective you", not specifically "you".

Also for the record; on my planet, NASA can NEVER be trusted, (except with their airbrush skills) although I am absolutely game for them to prove me wrong.

I don't have any specific reason not to trust the scientists that work on NASA, even if I don't trust the non-science related areas. As for the famous "airbrushing" (I think most people do not even know what they're talking about when they talk about "airbrushing photo"), I have seen some image alterations done by NASA, but I could tell that the images were altered because I could also see the original, unaltered images on NASA sources.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

The "shard" can be seen on the horizon and there is a landmark in the picture with a known location.
Mare Orientale is labeled in the picture and it is located at:
LAT 19.4S
Long 92.8W

I went to the Luna Reconnaissance orbiter camera web site which has a mosaic map of the moon that has a coordinate system that allows a person to select a point on moon and zoom in for more detail. I put in the coordinates you gave me which are -19.4 and -92.8. I looked around the moon topology in that region as it allows you to shift the surface image just like Google earth map. The image linked is my screenshot and my mouse cursor for somereason doesnt show up in screen shot but was located in the bottom left hand corner where its written 30.93 on the scale.

What is evident in the picture is there has been obvious tampering in the picture, blacked out part and obvious splicing of sections of moonscape that is inconsistent and doesnt match up with the topology around it.

Sorry if the image came out horizontal your may need to save it on your desk top and rotate to view it correctly.

edit on 9-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You know what a mosaic is, right? A collection of different images. Images which may be taken at different times and under different lighting conditions.
You know you are viewing a mosaic of LROC wide angle camera images right? You can select a different base layer, including images from the Lunar Orbiters.

Tardacus is in error. Those coordinates are nowhere near the "shard".

edit on 2/9/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The "shard" can be seen on the horizon and there is a landmark in the picture with a known location.
LAT 19.4S
Long 92.8W

With regard to the coordinates above another member gave (posted) his opinion of where the shard is located. You have also in a previous post given your opinion of where the shard is located.

Sheesh. I linked the map here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I make the location of the "shard" to be at about 7ºW 3.5ºS.
I gave you the source for the high resolution LROC images.

I always knew this debate would come down to establishing where its coordinate position resides on the moon. I hope the thread debate can move in this direction. I am not at position at this point into the thread to say i agree with where you think its located or where someone else thinks its located. The location needs to be discussed and input from other members if they have some useful information to this regard will be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntieChrist
..Apollo photo´s/scans = NASA photo/scans X (airbrush/editing) ´divided by´ (the truth + questionable agenda),

I suppose you can provide at least one good example of NASA photo editing something that cannot be seen in any other official photo, right?

gives the overall total answer of,

NEED INDEPENDENT DATA!

Do you consider Jaxa (the Japanese space agency) an independent source?

Anyway, here's that are as photographed by Kaguya/Selene.
(click for full size)

PS: this image was made with four small versions of the images, the original images are much bigger.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The coordinates of the location of the image are provided. Even those that believe the "shard" is an actual object agree on that. The two craters prominent in the full image are identifiable as Bruce and Brag. Those same two craters are identifiable at the upper right in the Apollo 16 image.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The location needs to be discussed and input from other members if they have some useful information to this regard will be appreciated.

I already posted my opinion and two sites with their own opinions.

edit on 9/2/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Do members agrees with Phage or Tardacus????

Tardacus has said the Shard is located in the region Mare Orientale >>>

LAT 19.4S
Long 92.8W

Phage says its located in the Bruce Brag crater region>>

The coordinates of the location of the image are provided. Even those that believe the "shard" is an actual object agree on that. The two craters prominent in the full image are identifiable as Bruce and Brag. Those same two craters are identifiable at the upper right in the Apollo 16 image.
I make the location of the "shard" to be at about 7ºW 3.5ºS.

Please members show your opinions who do you agree Phage or Tardacus is correct and why?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Please members show your opinions who do you agree Phage or Tardacus is correct and why?

Why do you think the image Tardacus is referring to is of the same "object" in the OP? Does the terrain look the same?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Why do you think the image Tardacus is referring to is of the same "object" in the OP?

Refer to the quoted question. Phage asked this. For clarification are you referring to the Shard?

Tardacus see a couple of posts up which will put in context the reason for this question.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by AuntieChrist

Is that the exact same area of our alleged Shard? Clearly no Shard but then again clearly no clarity with anything.

You can try this version:
apollo.sese.asu.edu...

Or use the viewer here. The clarity is substantially better than that of the image which contains the "shard". If it were there, it would be quite prominent. It isn't.
wms.lroc.asu.edu...

Actually, using that viewer on AS16-M-1410 there are areas of interest. One spot is an elongated, shadowed area west of and slightly below the visible antenna, where there are possible shard-like features. So far, I have only been able to download a medium version picture which is not good enough to pinpoint, all the rest don't seem to be working. So I'll try and get a picture to give some idea of the area, but it will still be likely to need to use that viewer to zoom in on the detail.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Brilliant thread, deffinately an artificial structure, like another ATSer said, sorry for the one line but need to keep updated with the thread thank you OP!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

You probably will have to do a right click save to get the full resolution tif file.

Anything below the antenna is much too far south. Use the alignment of Bruce and Brag (upper right) to get an idea of where to look. But I don't really see anything shardlike there either. You can change the URL to view other images in the sequence to get different angles on the terrain (1409, 1408, etc.)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Anyone ever see that 70s space show space 1999, all the reruns episodes are on Youtube great show.

Great show?
Are you serious? The original BSG was better and it was horrible.

oh come on it had a certain charm. i remember one of the alien monsters was pretty much a man-eating carpet. terrible 'special' effects but it was pre CGI. it has a nostalgic appeal if nothing else. and Martin Landau.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

Anyone ever see that 70s space show space 1999, all the reruns episodes are on Youtube great show.

Great show?
Are you serious? The original BSG was better and it was horrible.

oh come on it had a certain charm. i remember one of the alien monsters was pretty much a man-eating carpet. terrible 'special' effects but it was pre CGI. it has a nostalgic appeal if nothing else. and Martin Landau.

I liked Barbara Bain myself.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

approved.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Here is a much better scan of the image from Russian Zond 3 with Mare Orientalis (which is on the far side of the moon) and that "tower". No similarity in terrain to that of the "shard".

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Do members agrees with Phage or Tardacus????

I guess my posts are invisible...

edit on 9/2/2013 by ArMaP because: forgot the "mod" thingy, again

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join