It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treating Grandmother's Alzheimer’s With Coconut OIl and Flaxseed...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Starting phase 1 of treatments we have heard of. Me and my family cares for my grandmother who is suffering from this disease.

I will be giving her doses of cocunut oil and flaxseed oil, fresh organic versions of each.

Here is the flaxseed oil i am giving her at the recommended dosage on the bottle.
Flaxseed...

Coconut oil....
Coconuts...

We are choosing to try this based on this article and other reported cases of it helping(not curing).

Dr. Newport’s book is highly personal. Her husband, Steve, has Alzheimer’s, and this is her search for something to halt or reverse his decline. Her quest led her to research suggesting that ketones may help treat various neurological disorders, including Alzheimer’s. Ketones are byproducts of the breakdown of fats in the body; small amounts are normally produced. Ketone levels rise when you fast or go on a very-low-carbohydrate diet (which can lead to a state called ketosis).

Source...

DISCLAIMER: We WILL be talking about this with her doctor and taking reasonable precautions.

Anyway i will let you guys know how it goes if your interested. Any other advice is appreciated.
edit on 23-12-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I am interested in your results. I do not think this will be harmful in any way as I have heard that these two have many additional health benefits besides the one you mentioned. I wish you the best.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Good luck! Keep us posted, even if it just delays the progression.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I have a friend who works in a retirement home and 2 people that she cares for had the early stages of alzheimers; and another patient's alzheimers was more advanced.

Their families wanted to try alternative treatment. All 3 have been on (organic extra virgin coconut oil) for almost a full year and all of their symptoms have reversed! It is like they never had it!

Many M.D.'s won't agree with this treatment...but...those 3 got better.

I'm just saying.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Thats how we see it. Everything the doctor says is total bullsnot or isn't doing anything. Basically the we are just going to let the doctor know whats going on as a precautionary measure, because you never really know.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thats good to hear. These kinds of stories are exactly what initiated this change.

Can you provide me with info on the kind of coconut oil used? Links?

Thanks in advance.

@pirateninja, i'll post results just kind of whenever, maybe weekly just letting you know whats going on.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Can you friend me so I can stalk you? I'm new, haven't figured out how to do that yet. D;

**Nevermind, I just figured out Blues Clues

edit on 23-12-2012 by Pirateninjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm going to do some studying on that. It sounds interesting. A doctor once told me that the highest concentration of cholesterol in the body is in the brain and When restricting Cholesterol the body takes from stores of the place with the highest concentrations. It's better for some people to eat more fats for their energy than to use sugars. Everyone is different.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I heard the same thing. Here is the funny thing....

Doctors had my grandmother on cholesterol medication for a long time. Correlation?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Might I suggest looking up Christian Wilde? Here is some audio...he's big on Tumeric and more and more information released on the benefits of this spice...if you do go for the tumeric it has to have something called bioperene in it...I think that's the name...Link

Best of luck with your regimen

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Good for you for taking it in to your own hands. I am confident you will enjoy success.
If we looked close enough, we'd see we were handed everything required to nourish, heal, and clean our bodies with. Nature has provided it all.
But then, there would be no need for big pharma, synthetic fibres, concrete, plastic, never mind the amount of forests that could be saved.
Deep well, 'nother day. I know you know.
Dr. Mercola, another who sees the light and ain't afraid to say so. I did a search on his site on coconut oil. with many results linking coconut oil, etc. to help heal the effects of alzheimer's:
alzheimer's coconut oil search mercola.com

I'm sure you know the many other benefits of coconut oil. There's tons, won't sway the topic though.
For 1, its the tastiest and one of the healthiest oils to cook with.
I'll be checking back to see how its going. All the best! Thanks for sharing.

And thanks for sharing that treasure of info caladonea!

Originally posted by caladonea

I have a friend who works in a retirement home and 2 people that she cares for had the early stages of alzheimers; and another patient's alzheimers was more advanced.

Their families wanted to try alternative treatment. All 3 have been on (organic extra virgin coconut oil) for almost a full year and all of their symptoms have reversed! It is like they never had it!

Many M.D.'s won't agree with this treatment...but...those 3 got better.

I'm just saying.

edit on 23-12-2012 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: added a toast to the other grand treatment posted

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

There has been a big rise in Alzheimer's disease over the last twenty years. We have made a lot of changes over these years in the foods we eat and the chemistry in the foods we eat. They didn't know what even caused Alzheimers ten years ago, their earliest theories seem to have been found to be mostly not applicable. I've read some articles about new research of exactly what is happening on the chemical and neuronal basis. This research seems to be accurate but tying it into the changes in the food chemistry will take years if it is even done. Diet can slow the progression of alzheimer's but does not cause the disease. Speeding up the progression means that a person may get it before they die and this is a problem.

I think they have something wrong on the cholesterol stuff myself, it is needed for many biological functions within the body. Why it is not connecting to where it is supposed to is the real question. The pickup area of cells may be damaged by something or stuff like bromide and excess fluoride may be lessening the ability of iodine to do it's job supplying energy to the cells. Mineral imbalances can do this also. The same thing may be happening in the brain with cholesterol, it may not be able to be successfully used.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I've actually heard really good things about these 2 products. I have a question for you though. How are you and your family going to administer these oils to your grandmother, salad dressings, cooking with it, or by the spoonful?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Were mixing them into food that isn't cooked.

Generally at breakfast, were going to be experimenting with this and seeing what works best. Ill log that as well and let you guys know what we come up with.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I heard lots of eggs for Alzheimer's patients to restore the Myelin Sheath in the brain - like 8 to 12 a day.

"In fact, drugs which mimic the effect of this chemical have been found to boost memory in people with Alzheimer's.

This key chemical is made from choline, which is found in eggs, liver and soybeans.

Vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower also seem to help memory. Researchers found people who eat these do better than peers on memory tests.

TOP TIP: Eggs could make a real difference to your memory. Eat them regularly."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I found the three videos related to the book . Here's wishing you and your family much satisfaction with the treatment.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one mentioned hemp oil. Hemp oil contains a load of essential fatty acids to aid in repairing and maintaining the brain (and of course almost every other part of the body) like flaxseed oil, but in a more balanced ratio of omega-6 to omega-3.

Unlike flaxseed oil, hempseed oil can be used continuously without developing a deficiency or other imbalance of EFAs. This has been demonstrated in a clinical study, where the daily ingestion of flaxseed oil decreased the endogenous production of GLA.

Hemp seed oil offers the direct metabolites of Omega-6 and 3, Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) and Stearidonic Acid (SDA). These metabolites are involved in the production of prostaglandin for hormones and in immune functions. Even if one did get unrefined sunflower oil and mixed it with unrefined flaxseed oil, you would mimic hemp seed oil's Omega-6 to 3 ratio, but still be missing their direct higher metabolites.

Unless flaxseed oil has something hemp oil doesn't when it comes to treating Alzheimer's, you might want to consider looking into acquiring some hemp oil.

Steady on, and Merry Christmas/Happy New Years to you and yours.
edit on 24/12/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

You know what, didn't even think of that.

After we go through the flaxseed we will buy hemp oil next.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Hey thanks for the videos i'm going to show those to my uncle and my father.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
OP, IMO I think you're taking a step in the right direction by sidestepping the Big Pharma Lies and indoctrination. As someone who has lived with a SO who was diagnosed with a rare form of dementia 8+ years ago, I can assure you that living with the symptoms are hell. Within a year of having a major heart attack and being prescribed statins my SO began to have memory problems at age 50. This gradually went from mild memory lapses to daily extreme memory issues, and even included a complete personality change....which is how he finally got to the point of being diagnosed through CAT and PET scans. It is now no secret that many people who've taken statins are being diagnosed with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.

More details of My Story Here

Now, I don't think statins are the only problem.....heavy metals also accumulate in the brain through vaccines, fluoride, aluminum, etc. and are known to impair cognition. But by discovering (just in the past 6-months) and finally accepting that my SO had suffered great harm through statins, we took some personal responsibility by stopping the statins and adding supplements such as C0 Q10 and alpha lipoic acid.

Brain Function: Able to pass easily through the brain, alpha lipoic acid helps protect the brain and nerve tissue. It is currently being investigated as a treatment for stroke and other brain disorders involving free radical damage, including Alzheimer's disease.

Have we seen results after this? YES! In fact, rather dramatic ones in a very short period of time. With few exceptions, my SO shows no obvious signs of dementia. In fact, his memory (especially short term) has actually gotten much better! But if I should notice a decline or relapse (which is doubtful at this time), I will try the coconut oil and flax seed regiment...both of which I have in the pantry.

edit on 24-12-2012 by Toots because: corrected spacing

edit on 24-12-2012 by Toots because: spacing correction

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join