It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Time exist, or is Time really what we think it is

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The Time we know to be time isn't really time.

Looking at it in the long run, does it really exist.

I made up a theory one time to a friend, tell me if its probable.

My theory is that time does not really exist, looks more like humans made it up to keep organized.

I have heard countless theories and proven Laws. The one thing that I don't understand is that if they are all based on Time, which I think humans invented, then isn't their a way to actually brake all these laws.

Imagine you have a pie. Lets say fruit pie, and this pie is cut into many pieces. Let the different pieces express variable dimentions. Let the pieces of fruit express time. Let the Dough represent Space. Lets say each piece is given to a person to eat. Now the pie holds characteristics of all the different kind of fruits, but the pieces of pie are all in different peoples hands. This pie is no longer an entire pie. It is in pieces. Each person holds a dimention and a different variable of time. Lets say each person ate a piece of pie. To one the pie tasted like it had to much apple, to another it tasted like it had to much rasberries, to another like it had to much lemon, ect.... (Im just hoping you don't think I'm Crazy)

The Number of Fruits were never given and neither where the pieces. The only thing we know is that it was once a whole.

THIS MAY SOUND WEIRD

What if the universe is that pie. We already hold one piece of the puzzle. The others are in the hand of others. The reason I mentioned that the Fruit was time is because we have a certain amount of fruit here. Since the fruit is connected to all the pieces, then it is the key to unravelling this mistery.

What I was impling is that we only hold knowledge of one type of fruit.

The reason I don't think time exist is that all the different fruits put together are what time truly is. Once we discover this mystery it will lead us to a portal through different dimentions, Maybe, who knows. It is link to other dimentions, When we unravel what time is then we may discover what the universe really is.

Sorry If this sounded to crazy. I haven't done the mathematical studies on this because if our definition of time is wrong, then how can I prove my theory???

Time does not Exist because It can be broken, So it is not Law, Just theory.

[Edited on 5/5/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I like my theory better than the big bang theory, Makes more sense to me at least.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 03:01 AM
link   
time does not exist as it is understood by most people, all things do exist, have existed will exist, NOW, time is simply a way for life to look at the world around them and understand it, there is no time, everything is one, everything happens in the same instant

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Those who have the access to information, but deny themselves the knowledge, will master nothing, and will suffer the consequences of being dreamers.

Time does'nt exist.........

Without time there is no space. Without space no time.

If procrastination is your thing, giving justification to your theory. Bear in mind that all other observers in this universe will still observe the one thing that you are wasting. Thats fine if time does not exist to you, we all will carry on. While you will stay exactly where you were when you forgot about time....(a very black hole).

[Edited on 5-5-2003 by Maddas]

[Edited on 5-5-2003 by Maddas]

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I put that Time exist, but it may exist at a level that you and I may not yet comprehend

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
talk to a real physisict (sp?) they can explain it better than i could, i'm only a guy that reads it in books and talks with my girlfriend about it, but truly, time doesn't exist, it's not my theory, it's the presently held knowledge

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, Thanks for Agreeing with me, Its harder to explain it to others, I don't believe the time we use today really is the true time, I think their is another thing out there that can make a better definition for time. Ever since I was in 9th greade Time has never made sense to me. Sorry about the pie methaphor, its the only way I could explain it without the help of mathematics.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddas
Those who have the access to information, but deny themselves the knowledge, will master nothing, and will suffer the consequences of being dreamers.

and those consequences are?

Time does'nt exist.........

Without time there is no space. Without space no time.
pretty freaky, huh?

If procrastination is your thing, giving justification to your theory. Bear in mind that all other observers in this universe will still observe the one thing that you are wasting. Thats fine if time does not exist to you, we all will carry on. While you will stay exactly where you were when you forgot about time....(a very black hole).

So by saying he's wasting time, wouldn't that imply that there is some certain way to spend it? Is there? What is that?

"...we all will carry on"

towards what? to where?

***note: i realize this is philosophy and not S & T... sorry

[Edited on 5-5-2003 by quango]

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
our time only exsists in our perseption and measure of time... if actucaly time exsists it is an interesting theory, supposidly acelleration makes time slow down...

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
I like my theory better than the big bang theory, Makes more sense to me at least.

i think space is infinite... and what is expanding is only planetary mass that was a result of a large supernova type explosion maybe when antimatter colidied in space...

we are a result of that explosion

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well, Thanks for Agreeing with me, Its harder to explain it to others, I don't believe the time we use today really is the true time, I think their is another thing out there that can make a better definition for time. Ever since I was in 9th greade Time has never made sense to me. Sorry about the pie methaphor, its the only way I could explain it without the help of mathematics.

we just measure time, based on our orbit of the sun... probably..

but space type is supposidly variable, time on the oposite side of space might go slower or faster...

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the Reply, I was actually going to try to find a basis for my Theory. But if people like KKing123 and The Blade Runner think that Time is non existant then maybe I'm not allone.

Although, I do believe that Time does exist, And kind of like the matrix, its that we are unaware of what Time really is and what we could accomplish if we were to know Times true identity.

Maddas - I think its Time you open your eyes man and see what the Universe is really capable of doing and what it is.

Thanks for the comment quango

quango-

"i think space is infinite... and what is expanding is only planetary mass that was a result of a large supernova type explosion maybe when antimatter colidied in space... "

Good Theory, It could all be true.

"keep an open mind when entering the realm of Impossibilities."

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Can you comprehend Time? Are you late for work? What time are you getting up tomorrow?

Time is real to me.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
In my theory and opinion the time we use today is only a small part of what Time really is, Time can be manipulated by anyone, It is a medium which humans travel through their entire life.

The time we use today is human made to organize ourselfves. Imagine If time was no longer a factor in our lives.

If a person understands what Time is, he or she can bend it to its own will. Imagine your past is still a possibility to go to.

Humans have not yet harnesed a lot of things. Like the power that the earth Magnetic fields actually posses. The true power of The sun. The endless resources that are still out their. Unknown elements that we have no idea exist.

Time is not solved yet.
Space is not solved yet.
Dimentions are not solved yet.
This Universe is unsolvable, but is doesn't stop us from trying.

Humanity has a long way to go, I bet in the future people will ask our elders the question:

"What is time?" because to them it will have no meaning.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   

quango-

"i think space is infinite... and what is expanding is only planetary mass that was a result of a large supernova type explosion maybe when antimatter colidied in space... "

Good Theory, It could all be true.

i didn't say that.... but thanks..

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I agree with you. I think time exists but exactly what it is we do not fully understand.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
In my theory and opinion the time we use today is only a small part of what Time really is, Time can be manipulated by anyone, It is a medium which humans travel through their entire life.

The time we use today is human made to organize ourselfves. Imagine If time was no longer a factor in our lives.

If a person understands what Time is, he or she can bend it to its own will. Imagine your past is still a possibility to go to.

Like when I'm late for work, I put my watch back 1/2 an hour, so I have an excuse for the boss.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Too bad your theory is wrong. I once thought time "couldn't exist" also but once you actually realize what time is doing, at least from our limited perspective, you do realize its presence is there.

Doesn't mean we actually know what exactly it is, but it is there.

Now if we were to call the Enthalpy of the universe time, does that mean time is changing? For the Enthalpy of the Universe is increasing, and therefore maybe time is changing proportionally with it.

It's easiest to just realize this.

Time is an indivisible incriment.

If you think to yourself, well here's an easy example.

You have 1000 dollars compounded daily at 6% interest, that daily is the indivisible incriment of time. For we all know that if you compounded it hourly, the experimental data would change.

So what time is is the finite incriment that the universe runs on, just like our computers have a clock that they run on, so does this universe.

If there were no "time" then the universe would not function, because the incriments would be infinitely small and therefore the data would equal zero because 1/infinity is...zero.

And obviously we aren't nothingness.

However who can say if time is necissarily the 4th dimension, I suppose it is, but who knows.

Actually I was thinking about that a few years ago.

What if time was the 4th dimension, and the passing of time was the expansion of the universe into this dimension, so time and motion are invariably linked.

This could mean wonders of possibilities, but it relys on the principles that time is dependant on motion, this isn't too off though, after all as you approach the speed of light time appears to slow down.

I have no clue why as of yet, but it could have to do with this proportionality.

Although, from what I've read, most temporal physicists and quantum temporal physicists seem to be so "beyond" us, we really can't discuss this in any way but philosophically, which actually those same scientists are now finding themselves having to rely upon more and more, or so I've read.

Time is a confusing thing, but it is there, or we'd be able to manipulate things beyond imagination, which we can't. Time is the law, something we can't escape, or nothing would work, and nothing would happen.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Time doesn't exist and neither do we, we are all just products of our perceptions, talk to a serious physicist

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I said time does exist but at a different level that we cant comprehend.

Read before you judge somebody.

My bad to The Blade Runner

[Edited on 5/6/2003 by FoxStriker]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join