It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customers Called 'Fat Girls' on Restaurant Bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
You know..

Screw all that. If I'm a business owner I wouldn't want some smart mouthed opinionated moron working for me insulting the customers which threatens the business and my lively hood.

Take that back to the pubescent school yards where it belongs....

I love it how so many self proclaimed supposedly "Enlightened/intellectual people" come crawling out of the woodwork and show their true nature.

Oh

Wait

But we are talking about Fat people.....!

So it's ok

Pathetic.

I don't believe this is the issue. Was the waiter insulting them or merely stating the obvious to (in fact) better serve them? The big question is, are the tables numbered? If so, then the waiter should be let go immediately.

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

or their food cost will go down...win/win...there will be more room for the skinny customer's

link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Never said I would have called them fat on their ticket.
I'm far too smart to risk my job over something so petty. Haha.

I'll dig up a source for ya. Give me a few.

But you defend someone else who DOES do it. So where does that leave you.

Thanks, Ill watch for the source. Id be interested to read it.

link   

reply to post by GArnold

It's perceived as insulting the customer.

Also, Restaurants need customers, without them there is no business. Now that the word is out chances are all their other "Fat Customers" wont bother giving them business.

So, in that respect they'll lose again.

I doubt this will affect their business one iota other than making it busier. This a ton of free advertising for them. If this was a story about how a customer found a dead mouse in their soup then it is a different story but this is a individual server who had nothing to do with food quality or the overall atmosphere of the place. As you can see from this thread and responses most people do not see this as being "wrong". Sure it was a bad mistake by the server but lets be real. This happens in every restaurant around the country on a daily basis 24-7-365.

link   

Originally posted by hotel1
If what is said about the American obesity epedemic is true, then surely these women are just average.

no....they're fat

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by DAZ21

Is it wrong to try and get people to turn their lives around? These women were offended, so they knew it held a certain truth. They might go on to lose the weight and live a healthy lifestyle now.

Should we sit and let these people eat themselves into an early grave? By thr way you veiw the world, we obviously should. Disgraceful.

Exactly who made you arbiter of those decisions? That's a fantastic philosophy to lives ones own life by, if one so chooses. But the projection onto others? That's known as trespassing.

~Heff

Listen, the fact that the truth hurt them, shows that they don't like the way that they look. Otherwise they would have laughed it off, right?

So in the end, what harm has been done?

Their eyes are open to what they already knew, so how is that trespassing?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
www.m.webmd.com...

Children's WebMD should be a good one.
If you want more sources, search yourself. The net is full of this info.

This is why schools have started adopting obesity standards. It is a serious problem in America.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Were they fat?
Did they introduce themselves via their Christian names?

What's the big deal here? If these girls were so offended, perhaps they'll invest in an Ab Rocket or some Mexican black market Ephedra.

Oh boo hoo. I eat whatever I want and have no self control or respect for myself and I force others to visually digest my grotesque form out in the world, but don't dare insult me. I'm a victim of my own monstrous appetite, coupled with my complete lack of will to do a situp. Boo hoo.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So its insulting to say a fat person is fat?
The PC term for it is obese right? I bet if he put that on the ticket, they wouldve thrown the same hissy.
Ill say it again if theyre ashamed or humiliated, do something about, stop whining and call jenny craig or weight watchers
edit on 12/10/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Is it wrong to try and get people to turn their lives around?

Get real

The waiter was not on some selfless humble crusade to save or persuade the customers.

Jeeez....

Really, how do you know what his motives were? Were you the waiter?

The fact that you jump to the conclusions of pure spite, shows your true thoughts on the nature of other people.

link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Is it wrong to try and get people to turn their lives around? These women were offended, so they knew it held a certain truth. They might go on to lose the weight and live a healthy lifestyle now.

Should we sit and let these people eat themselves into an early grave? By thr way you veiw the world, we obviously should. Disgraceful.

Exactly who made you arbiter of those decisions? That's a fantastic philosophy to lives ones own life by, if one so chooses. But the projection onto others? That's known as trespassing.

~Heff

Listen, the fact that the truth hurt them, shows that they don't like the way that they look. Otherwise they would have laughed it off, right?

So, in the end, you think it is a good think to diminish a persons self worth, because MAYBE they will change? So you're ok with someone pointing out all of your flaws? and doing so while being paid by their employer?

Gotta love advocating bullying. That is, afterall, what this is.

link   

Originally posted by GArnold
reply to post by Char-Lee

Looking at the ticket.. I am pretty sure the table number is on there. It says Fat Girls/1. I bet they were at table 1. He or she just forgot to take the thing off the ticket when he went to print it. Or he was training someone and they brought the ticket out without knowing that was there.

Personal descriptions that are insulting should never have been printed on anything. I guess with all you new generation we will all be getting personal insults on all receipts in the future.

link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
reply to post by CincinnatiReds

Well I think you are wrong, there are plenty of big beautiful women.

No no. Didn't you see the picture? There aren't any hot bbw of that size. Yes there are women who can still pull off hotness with maybe 30 or 40 extar pounds max. Not 200 like these chicks are sporting. I realize its in the eye of the beholder, but no.

link   

Where's the picture of the girls?

Are they fat, or aren't they?

Hilarious, how dare the waiter tell the truth, they spent a whole lifetime trying to avoid the facts and then attempted to use another 1500 calories to try and keep a lid on the truth.
It's crazy how people who are truthful are persecuted to maintain someone elses fragile ego.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Is it wrong to try and get people to turn their lives around?

Get real

The waiter was not on some selfless humble crusade to save or persuade the customers.

Jeeez....

Really, how do you know what his motives were? Were you the waiter?

The fact that you jump to the conclusions of pure spite, shows your true thoughts on the nature of other people.
The fact that the waiter said he didnt intend the girls do see it shows his stance, and shows your ignorance and how badly you are grasping at straws.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Customer gets insulted for simply being who they are and everybody defends it.
I have no doubt now why the world is headed down the crapper.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Looking at the ticket.. I am pretty sure the table number is on there. It says Fat Girls/1. I bet they were at table 1. He or she just forgot to take the thing off the ticket when he went to print it. Or he was training someone and they brought the ticket out without knowing that was there.

Personal descriptions that are insulting should never have been printed on anything. I guess with all you new generation we will all be getting personal insults on all receipts in the future.

....and a lot of people in the service industry getting a whooping for insulting the wrong customer.

link   

Am I really being asked to explain the mechanisms of common courtesy and professionalism? The reason for not pointing out the obvious is that it is obvious. It is also none of the waiters concern.

I am absolutely amazed that I have to clarify that.

link   
Why is this even news? This kind of crap happens every day, fire the person behind this and move on.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

THIS.

And this small mistake upset all fat people across the World

I am not fat and I am very upset. I do have very long hair, which is not "stylish" I do have people come up to me and say.."you need to cut your hair"... I don't think my hair or my body is anyone's business and they should mind their own!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join