It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the moon landing hoax.

page: 196
<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

You might want to read up on lenses, refraction, spherical aberration, barrel distortion etc. Do you think that an object towards the edge of the field of view ought to cast an identical image on the film plane as an identical object at the centre?

I think that is what DJW is referring to.

If you have a camera to hand, perhaps you can do some experiments yourself. In fact I might just do that myself, when I have some free time.
edit on 26-3-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Rob48
reply to post by choos

I still don't see that there's any problem with it taking four seconds. Even if it takes 2 seconds between exposures and it's actually closer to 1.5 seconds), then the elapsed time from the moment the first exposure is captured to the moment the third exposure is captured is only 4 seconds. Click (2 second gap) Click (2 second gap) Click.

Maybe it was done in four seconds, but as I mentioned before, Gene Cernan had nine seconds in between the time he told Schmitt to pose (i.e., when Cernan told Schmitt to "Get on there one time") and the time Cernan finished taking the pictures finished (when Cernan said "I got three of them that time").

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

FoosM

choos

FoosM

choos

FoosM

choos

FoosM

Soylent Green Is People

choos
reply to post by FoosM

your video is of the assumption that schmitt jumped into the seat only once..

I think he jumped "into" the seat once, but going by what they said to each other, it could be that Jack Schmitt "bounced" up and down a few times to ham it up for the camera. Schmitt laughed after Gene Cernan said "I got three of them" (three pictures while Schmitt jumped/bounced in his seat).

It could even be that several seconds had passed while Cernan was taking the three pictures.

edit on 3/24/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Watch the following videos in the series.
We will see how many of your "could be's" hold up.

did.. and its still of the assumption that it was only one jump into the LRV..

who is to say that Schmitt did not have a practice jump and realised the scoop/sampler was in the way (without realising cernan had already taken a photo)
thus he removed it holding it in his right hand and while jumping into the seat for the photo, not realising that he had dropped the scoop/sampler onto the ground..

being of the assumption that it all happened in one jump is also a "could be"
edit on 24-3-2014 by choos because: (no reason given)

Who is to say?
Well NASA's own transcripts do.
They limit the time any of what you are imagining could happen.

You say they do but you are imagining it. Show me exactly where gene cernan clearly states that he has begun taking photos..

Really? Really?
You know if you are not going to at least try, watch the videos, pay attention to what the other side is saying, there is no point in a discussion. Try again. Watch the videos and read the transcripts thats quoted on the video.

Edit to add: Even Apollo supporters know it took 4 seconds.

edit on 25-3-2014 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

know it was 4 seconds?? thats very absolute, is there video of it happening that im not aware of??

ive read the transciprts, ive even read after the transcripts and found that the sampler/scoop did go missing afterwards, which could mean that schmitt did indeed drop it around this time..
but no where in the transcript does cernan say he has begun taking the photos, no where in the transcripts does cernan say he is ready..

look ill make it easier for you since you seem to be missing my point..

when cernan says "i got three of them that time" is that when he pressed the button to take the last photo or was it after he took the last photo.. ie. did the camera BEGIN to take the photo or has it ALREADY taken the photo when cernan says "I got three of them that time" also provide evidence since you seem to have evidence of this..
edit on 25-3-2014 by choos because: (no reason given)

The Sampler didnt go missing.
What are you talking about?
Didnt you watch my video?

So Choos, make up your mind (I just noticed that).
How many seconds did they use to take those three photos, and when in the transcripts was it taken?

edit on 26-3-2014 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

my bad the scoop and extension handles were missing, confused the two..

also that is the thing you see (how many second for three photos).. my entire point is that we do not know how long cernan took to take the photographs..

your video is based on a guess with no proof.. a guess that the 3 photographs were taken within a 4 seconds period.. i repeat A GUESS.. you cannot confirm when gene cernan began to take photos and you cannot confirm when he took the last one..

likewise you cannot confirm whether or not jack schmitt had a practice jump into the LRV that cernan may have managed to capture..
edit on 26-3-2014 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Rob48
reply to post by FoosM

You might want to read up on lenses, refraction, spherical aberration, barrel distortion etc. Do you think that an object towards the edge of the field of view ought to cast an identical image on the film plane as an identical object at the centre?

I think that is what DJW is referring to.

If you have a camera to hand, perhaps you can do some experiments yourself. In fact I might just do that myself, when I have some free time.

Yeah, you go do that

In the mean time the rest of us can see plain as day the Apollo photos were staged, are fake.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

Rob48
reply to post by choos

I still don't see that there's any problem with it taking four seconds. Even if it takes 2 seconds between exposures and it's actually closer to 1.5 seconds), then the elapsed time from the moment the first exposure is captured to the moment the third exposure is captured is only 4 seconds. Click (2 second gap) Click (2 second gap) Click.

Maybe it was done in four seconds, but as I mentioned before, Gene Cernan had nine seconds in between the time he told Schmitt to pose (i.e., when Cernan told Schmitt to "Get on there one time") and the time Cernan finished taking the pictures finished (when Cernan said "I got three of them that time").

Umm... no. Schmitt cuts that 9 seconds off.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

choos

your video is based on a guess with no proof.. a guess that the 3 photographs were taken within a 4 seconds period.. i repeat A GUESS.. you cannot confirm when gene cernan began to take photos and you cannot confirm when he took the last one..

likewise you cannot confirm whether or not jack schmitt had a practice jump into the LRV that cernan may have managed to capture.

Dude, it doesn't really matter.
Because what you are trying to say makes the situation even worse.
You would have us believe that Schmitt jumped into the car two to three times just for a photo!
Well you will have to calculate how long it would take a bulky suited astronaut on the moon to climb back out of the LM just
to jump back into his rover! I think most of us realists will realize that for sure wont take 4 seconds, but not even less than 9!

So which is it? Did Schmitt do several takes- jumping in- climbing out- jumping in? Or was it done in one take?
You can't have it both ways.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

choos

FoosM

when cernan says "i got three of them that time" is that when he pressed the button to take the last photo or was it after he took the last photo.. ie. did the camera BEGIN to take the photo or has it ALREADY taken the photo when cernan says "I got three of them that time" also provide evidence since you seem to have evidence of this..

How many seconds did they use to take those three photos, and when in the transcripts was it taken?
---------------

Wait... lets be clear here.
Is the LRV Sampler missing or not?
And if its missing, where did it go?
Where did they leave it?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

FoosM

Where did they leave it?

Why can't you find the answers to your own questions? Why do you expect other people to do all your research for you?

By the end of the third Apollo 17 EVA, the lunar dust was causing a number of practical problems. As we have discussed, the locking collars on the extension handles and the pivot on the scoop head had become fouled with dust and were difficult to use. In addition, the replacement fender had failed and, as Cernan and Schmitt made their way back to the LM, they drove in a shower of their own dust. And then, once they stopped, Schmitt found that the gate latch on the back of the Rover - which, because of dust clogging had been giving them trouble since midway through EVA 2 - had failed, and the gate was flapping in the breeze. What is more, both extension handles and the attached scoop and rake had fallen off sometime since Van Serg.

www.solarviews.com...

The most likely case is that the handles and scoop fell off the rover because the gate had swung open. Perhaps it was dropped off the rover at the crater itself.

They are therefore still on the moon - just another piece of physical evidence that still exists up there. If you ever go to the moon yourself, you might be able to find them, if you follow the rover tracks from Van Serg crater.

Here's a handy image to help you find your way.

Central portion LROC NAC oblique showing significant features visited by the Apollo 17 crew, LM is the Lunar Module. North is to the left, and south is to the right. The distance along Lee Lincoln scarp from the shadow to North Massif is 8 km, M1096343661LR [NASA/GSFC/Arizona State University].

Quite a big studio, wasn't it!

Source for the above image.

edit on 26-3-2014 by Rob48 because: Link formatting

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

FoosM

Soylent Green Is People

Rob48
reply to post by choos

Umm... no. Schmitt cuts that 9 seconds off.

How so? By Schmitt asking "Ready?" ??

[168:47:03] Cernan: Get on there one time.

[168:47:08] Schmitt: Ready?

[168:47:12] Cernan: I got three of them that time.

Schmitt could have been asking "Ready?" while Cernan was still taking pictures. Maybe Schmitt said that after the first or second picture. That is certainly extremely plausible.

edit on 3/26/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

FoosM

Yeah, you go do that

In the mean time the rest of us can see plain as day the Apollo photos were staged, are fake.

"The rest of us" being you and who, exactly? You seem to be rather short on supporters in this thread of late.

Perhaps you could also explain just how it is that back in 1972, the people creating the fake images knew how to position tiny craters and rocks in precisely the right positions, when the imagery of the day from lunar orbit was not of anything like high enough resolution to show them? When it wasn't until well into the 21st century that the LRO provided sufficiently high resolution to see them?

Still from Apollo 17 lunar module ascent stage after take-off, 1972:

(Image Number: a17psrf4-53, photo taken from The National Air and Space Museum site here.)

LRO image of Apollo 17 landing area, 2011:

(LRO NAC imagery, cat no as on image, taken from NASA site [img=http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/apollo-sites.html#.UzLkMvl_v2E]here[/url].)

Handy comparison with the A17 image rotated to suit, with north at the top. I've highlighted 10 obvious matches, but there are literally hundreds of features I could have highlighted. (Yes, I know I should have rotated the A17 image another few degrees clockwise, but this was done rather quickly.)

(Full-size version of this illustration is here)

Once again: there is no way they could have known where to put all these features without actually going there and having a look. And yet they all match perfectly on the great Apollo sound stage. Every little detail.

Good lord, were those set designers psychic, or what?

I quite enjoyed putting that little screenshot together, but I don't know why I bothered because I know you'll just say "It's NASA imagery so it's teh FAKEZ!" and go back to discussing whether or not three photos were taken 3.5 seconds apart or 5 seconds or 9 seconds apart. Because of course some totally irrelevant detail of timing (and I STILL don't know what point you are trying to make with this three-year obsession with this trio of photos!) blows the whole hoax out of the water, whereas a huge stack of photos that nobody could possibly have taken without having gone to the moon can be handwaved away with no analysis whatsoever.

edit on 26-3-2014 by Rob48 because: Added image sources

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

FoosM

choos

likewise you cannot confirm whether or not jack schmitt had a practice jump into the LRV that cernan may have managed to capture.

You would have us believe that Schmitt jumped into the car two to three times just for a photo!
Well you will have to calculate how long it would take a bulky suited astronaut on the moon to climb back out of the LM just
to jump back into his rover! I think most of us realists will realize that for sure wont take 4 seconds, but not even less than 9!

So which is it? Did Schmitt do several takes- jumping in- climbing out- jumping in? Or was it done in one take?

you arent understanding me at all are you?? you do not know what happened and neither do i..

he COULD have jumped in twice he could have jumped in once.. that is the whole point.. we do not know.. your video is guessing that he jumped in once only and forming a conclusion based on a guess..

exactly the same as the photos.. you are guessing when cernan began taking photos and when he stopped and making your conclusions based on a guess..

so once again, prove to me that schmitt jumped into the LRV only once, prove to me when cernan began and stopped taking the photos. if you can prove to me these two things then maybe we can begin to consider you point.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

FoosM

choos

FoosM

---------------

Where did they leave it?

hmmm.. i thought i was clear enough on that.. guess not..

as far as i know, the LRV sampler is not missing, the scoop and extension handles was what went missing.. i had confused them. hopefully its clear enough?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

choos

FoosM

choos

FoosM

---------------

Where did they leave it?

hmmm.. i thought i was clear enough on that.. guess not..

as far as i know, the LRV sampler is not missing, the scoop and extension handles was what went missing.. i had confused them. hopefully its clear enough?

What scoop and extension handles? Its not clear what you are referring to.
Maybe you can let us know which photo you are talking about and point out the device.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

choos

FoosM

choos

you arent understanding me at all are you?? you do not know what happened and neither do i..

he COULD have jumped in twice he could have jumped in once.. that is the whole point.. we do not know.. your video is guessing that he jumped in once only and forming a conclusion based on a guess..

exactly the same as the photos.. you are guessing when cernan began taking photos and when he stopped and making your conclusions based on a guess..

so once again, prove to me that schmitt jumped into the LRV only once, prove to me when cernan began and stopped taking the photos. if you can prove to me these two things then maybe we can begin to consider you point.

I dont understand where you think we are guessing about this.

168:47:03 Cernan: Get on there one time. (Pause)

ONE TIME! Not try it a COUPLE of times. Nowhere is it stated it took several attempts.
Now NASA themselves state the time from when CERNAN makes the request to
SCHMITT to jump into the ROVER to when SCHMITT asks CERNAN if he is "READY?" they go into positions
to make the photo:

[Gene goes to the front of the Rover to take pictures of Jack jumping in his seat. The three pictures are AS17-134- 20452, 20453, and 20454.]
[Cernan - "It was sort of a target of opportunity. It was just one of those (unplanned) things you do. And it's a pretty good picture."]

In position, SCHMITT asks:

168:47:08 Schmitt: Ready? (Pause)

What else can he be asking ready for? Ready to do what?
Well obviously he has to give a cue to CERNAN that he plans to jump because they are both
supposedly in space with space-suits on and the camera they are using is manual!
A few seconds later...

168:47:12 Cernan: I got three of them that time.

He confirms he took THREE photos.

Its a pretty clear in the transcript.
So dont tell me that I dont know,
I know because its written in black and white.

So either NASA has made a big mistake, or NASA is lying.
But those three photos are impossible to make in 4 seconds.
In the face of this clear evidence, if you want to keep being conned,
then thats something you have to live with.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

FoosM

In position, SCHMITT asks:

168:47:08 Schmitt: Ready? (Pause)

What else can he be asking ready for? Ready to do what?
Well obviously he has to give a cue to CERNAN that he plans to jump because they are both
supposedly in space with space-suits on and the camera they are using is manual!

Schmitt could be asking if Cernan is ready to move on/get going. Mission Control had said about 3 1/2 minutes earlier (at 168:43:41) that they wanted them to have the LRV wheels rolling in four minutes.

Schmitt could also be asking if Cernan has taken the picture yet while Schmitt was posing for him (he could have been posing for several seconds). Scmitt did not need to stop posing in order to ask "ready?". It may be similar to a person who is smiling for a picture, and says out the side of their mouth through the smile "have you taken it yet?".

edit on 3/26/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

FoosM

Why? You still haven't told us why they're impossible. Or why NASA would even bother to fake three photos (one of which is horribly sun-struck, incidentally, demolishing another common hoaxer myth that all the Apollo photos were oh-so-perfect) showing something totally inconsequential. Or why it matters whether Jack was hopping in and out, bouncing up and down on his butt or just sliding across in the seat.

Is this really your killer blow, the single piece of proof that proves the whole Apollo program was a giant hoax? One quibble about the timing of three photos, which nobody else in the world has a problem with? As a piece of evidence, I find it pretty
laughable.

But let's get back to the elephant in the room:

You still haven't told me how the Apollo 17 lunar module ascent stage took video of the moon that perfectly matches the first hi-res images of the area in question, which were taken almost 40 years later. How did the fakers manage to put all of those tiny surface features - features which weren't known about or photographed before the mission, because there were no cameras that could provide the resolution - in EXACTLY THE RIGHT PLACES?

Simple question. Answer me that. Were they psychic? Did they have access to a time machine that allowed them to fast forward to 2011 and examine the LRO imagery? Or, a rather simpler explanation, was Apollo 17 right exactly where every sane person on the planet says it was, viz The MOON?

No doubt you will fall back on your standard "I don't have a clue" answer of "The LRO imagery is faked". In which case please demonstrate ANY evidence at all that it is faked. And then what will be your position when the next lot of imagery from the Chinese or the Russians or the Indians or the Koreans or Richard Branson or whoever happens to fly past that area and shows that, yes, every crater, every wiggle in the tracks of footprints, every rover track is STILL THERE and still matches the video that was shot in 1972? What will you do then? Will your brain finally implode?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Rob48

You still haven't told me how the Apollo 17 lunar module ascent stage took video of the moon that perfectly matches the first hi-res images of the area in question, which were taken almost 40 years later. How did the fakers manage to put all of those tiny surface features - features which weren't known about or photographed before the mission, because there were no cameras that could provide the resolution - in EXACTLY THE RIGHT PLACES?

I'd like to see the answer to this one?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

So either NASA has made a big mistake, or NASA is lying.
In the face of this clear evidence, if you want to keep being conned,
then thats something you have to live with.

It has been explained to you over and over and over again that it is perfectly possible to take three photographs in the space of four seconds. It was also pointed out to you, three years ago, that the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal is not intended to provide precise timings of events during the mission. The times are simply a way of indexing, like the pages in a book. Why do you keep repeating the same debunked nonsense? It really isn't helping you to make your case. Please go out and find some actual original evidence. This thread is getting boring again.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

FoosM

Foos, you know what they say about "liars needing to have good memories"? You are slipping, because you are now directly contradicting your own video.

Could I remind you that the premise of your original complaint was that there wasn't time to take three photos of a single jump into the rover because "it's too quick".

Here's a handy screenshot from your video where you point out just how speedy it is (using video of David Scott from Apollo 15, for some reason)

And now suddenly, when it suits your argument (i.e. when you realised that you were totally on the wrong track with the camera-speed issue) it becomes a long, drawn-out process. Once again, the goalposts are dragged out of position to suit your ever-changing arguments.

Listen again to the audio. There is a looooong pause between Cernan saying "Get on there one time" and Schmitt saying "Ready?". What do you think Schmitt might be doing during that time?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

seabhac-rua

Rob48

I'd like to see the answer to this one?

C'mon really? You need somebody to spell this one out (thought its been spelled out several times)
Lets flip it. If somebody asked you to fake it, how would you do it?

new topics

top topics

<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join