It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redbull Balloon Stratosphere Jump LIVE STREAM NOW!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
That was WOH HOO amazing... I'l have whats Felix is having

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakal26

Of course it's marketing. Richard Branson does the same. Started a airline so he could afford to build a spacecraft, which leads to other possibilities in the business field.

Smart guys in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by Ramcheck

I wonder if they did the landing toast with Champagne or Red Bull

edit on 14-10-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

Probably both

The wide awake drunks...I envy them.

edit on 14-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Was anyone else annoyed by that incompetent guy keeping communication with Felix? Why was he chosen for that position? He gave multiple errors, one of them on the checklist that everyone in the room had to correct him on and then more errors during Felix's descent on wind direction.

He could have caused a serious emergency with his incompetence....

On another note, great job on the new records and safe landing! I held my breathe when Felix was in the fast spin.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Who cares if a drink co is promoting it? At least someone is putting the funds into further aero research. As easy as the jump looks on video the process to make this happen took years, took development of new tech and techniques and as usual will spin off benefits we can't even add up in total right now. As an example, if the space shuttle explosion took place 5 years from now the R&D for this "stunt" could enable the astronauts to survive.

I can be as cynical as the next person but I find it hard to find fault when capitalism funds true science. Let them whore it out for promotional benefit, it doesn't hurt anyone.

This is a really huge deal, short of finding a place on Earth with a higher atmospheric limit you won't see anyone break this record by any substantial amount. Also, he should get the record for longest freefall (time) as Kittinger jumped with a drogue chute already deployed which slowed down his descent which is why this jump missed that record by around 15-20 seconds.

Was the production a bit annoying, the voice coms crappy and Felix's behavior during the check list a bit odd? Definitely, but who gives a damn? That was freaking cool as hell watching him drop from the edge of space like a Colonial Marine in Halo.

I can't wait to see the documentary that covers all the development leading up to this, they really went through a lot of work and overcame a huge list of challenges.

Now I just hope my landing prediction is close enough to win one of those watches...
edit on 14-10-2012 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Found some info about that

CAPRICE

A cocktail from Camps Bay, Cape Town.

Ingredients:
1 part champagne
1 part Red Bull

Glass:Champagne flute

Preparation: Pour the ingredients in the glass and stir gently.

Garnish:Cocktail cherry.

The perfect sundowner.

Probably should be called a Baumgartner after this!
edit on 14-10-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Oh yeah.
I definitely agree.

I was just pointing out that "the fee" for something like helmet footage (if it exists without being fogged over or whatnot) will not be charged.

Very smart idea. Again, Red Bull has a lock on this type of thing when it comes to "extreme stunts/sports".

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Felix Baumgartner for President.

Id like to see Barack or Mitt try and do that.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
Was anyone else annoyed by that incompetent guy keeping communication with Felix? Why was he chosen for that position? He gave multiple errors, one of them on the checklist that everyone in the room had to correct him on and then more errors during Felix's descent on wind direction.

On another note, great job on the new records and safe landing! I held my breathe when Felix was in the fast spin.

I wouldn't say he was incompetent, but was possibly getting the wrong info to relay.

I enjoyed the part where he said the winds were coming out of the north and then you hear someone in the background yell, EAST!

At that point while watching the video, I noticed a helicopter flying below Felix. He was probably thinking...

"Can someone get that Cuisinart out from underneath me? I didn't come all this way to be sliced and diced."

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

That right there sums it up. My sentiments as well.
Well said.

And on that note. I am out to do what I needed to do before I was glued to this event!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

You mean that incompetent man, Joseph Kittinger?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

Mitts Probably done it in Flares and a tie dyed shirt in the 60's.....

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I missed it. Anyone aware of a recording yet? I can't find one anywhere.
edit on 14-10-2012 by subby because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakal26

Seeing their product plastered all over it. ALL about the advertising to them.

Absolutely, as it should be. The difference here though is that Red Bull decided to spend their giant advertising budget on something that tests out new space materials, provides useful scientific data, and brings millions of people together for an event that tests the human limits, and brings family and friends together.

So it's a win for that company and how marketing dollars in general are appropriated in my opinion. I'm not a fan of energy drinks but I will be buying theirs on purpose from now on if I am picking up for anyone at the store.

If you've worked in advertising you can see how much money is wasted, in my opinion, this was a great way to give back to everyday people while achieving a set goal (brand recognition) for a corporation. It also keeps with the companies tradition of supporting extreme sports.

= Win.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by subby

here

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

Intro and abort Space Jump...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Hah, too funny. I didn't even recognize him, but he still could have endangered Felix regardless of his status. Maybe he was given the wrong info from the other people?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Definitely something fishy going on.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat
reply to post by Clisen33

You mean that incompetent man, Joseph Kittinger?

BRAVO Felix and Red Bull, well done!

But, yes, Kittinger stood on the edge of the unknown in WW II gear and went balls fast into "bad-ass" history. Let's never forget him either.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

cause flex choose that man Joe because Joe had done in 1962, also Joe was the only one felix wanted to talk to and Joe was was chatting to the other people at mission control
Joe was probably getting confused after a technical difficult with heater on face shield. Probably got confused after them having played with the heater for 40 mins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join