It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims act of kindness while being robbed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

to sentence the robber would have been a sign for others to not rob people, but to go to a social assistance office, if you are in need for food.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Like Sarra said:

the robber surprised Sohail again just this last week, with a letter containing thanks and $50. The letter discussed how the writer's life had improved since the incident: "Now I have a new child and good job make good money staying out of trouble and taking care of my family. You gave me forty dollars thank you for sparing my life Because of that you change my life."

How does that compare to the alternative?

People make mistakes, what can I say...

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

A bit out of context, this has nothing to do with him being a muslim, christian or jew. He's just a good man.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

Indeed, but as there currently seem to be alot of "bad muslim" threads on ATS currently, i thought i would post this video just to point out that you can be muslim and be a humanitarian.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Indeed, but as there currently seem to be alot of "bad muslim" threads on ATS currently, i thought i would post this video just to point out that you can be muslim and be a humanitarian.

Yes i understand what you mean. But if someone is dumb enough to think that all muslims are the same, this video won't change their mind.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

How does that compare to the alternative?

the truth is you cannot arrange things happen like this. this incident is like a rare "wonder". but what you can arrange, is a just system.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

When your right, your right. I tip my hat to you

reply to post by icepack

I tip that same hat to you, sir.

ATS is getting more quality members!!

Peace
edit on 21-9-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk

Yes i understand what you mean. But if someone is dumb enough to think that all muslims are the same, this video won't change their mind.

ATS is about denying ignorance, not rewarding it with star's and airtime.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

no, the right thing to do would have been to call the police and let the thief get arrested. so the thief could explain to a judge, why he did not go to a social assistance office. what was he thinking ?

Sometimes people do stupid things.

But it all seemed to work out fine - This true act of kindness seemed to have helped the man immensely - He got a job afterwards repaid the clerk. Had be been arrested he would only go through the system, processed like a number.

'gone through the system, processed....' - and never able to find work once he got out because once that happens to you, you pay for it for ever unless you get VERY lucky. Though that's a topic for another post, it's still sadly apt here.

He got very lucky. I'm glad for him. I'm glad for the generosities of that clerk: I hope this trend continues. Only kindness and empathy will start the healing process.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Denying ignorance sometimes means "you have to believe what i believe or you're an ignorant person" and is often misused that way.

To me it means know your real facts and do your best not to give in to hyperbolic junk and think for yourself.

And yes, I do fail from time to time, but I do try.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

its a good act but I still want to know their true goal!!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This is human kindness not Muslim kindness. If this was a Jew wouldn't you have started a thread on it?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hang on a minute..!!!!!

The Muslim shop owner had a gun and would have shot the robber who only had a baseball bat?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Hang on a minute..!!!!!

The Muslim shop owner had a gun and would have shot the robber who only had a baseball bat?

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.....are you suggesting that the shop owner should have said "Gee I'd love to protect my store, but all I have is this gun....that gives me an unfair advantage. Too bad I don't have a bat lying around, I'd better just give this guy my money"

Was that an attempt at sarcasm or were you being serious?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

What a great story! I wish the news broadcast more stories like this nowadays instead of focusing on the negative 'fear mongering' stories so much.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The store manager is a good person.

The robber is a lying, IMO. "Oh, my kids are hungry and I want to be a Muslim like you."... more like

"I need crack and don't want you to call the cops."

But, in either case... an addicted man still needs some kindness.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
People who keep saying this is a rare event, how do you know?

Not everything is on youtube.

Muslims are people just like you, they love, they hate, they get pissed off about things and react. The MSM has turned people into idiots.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

What difference does it make? It wasn't about the thief, it was about the store owner's reaction to the situation.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Beautiful. And the 50$ is a cherry on top. Gee, maybe people really are decent at heart from time to time. Nice to see, thank you for sharing.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
God bless this mans ability to forgive and to see the plight.

Its just a shame that this scenario has played out for the man to understand his wrong doings.

The shop owner is truly wonderful and is not unlike Ghandi.......

Life is beautiful in this regard........thank-you OP for bringing this to my attention.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join