It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims act of kindness while being robbed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Just wanted to post this video on ATS to remind people that not every muslim is an extremist. This store owner is getting robbed, he pulls out a gun, the robber drops to his knee's and tells the muslim that he's broke and his family need feeding. The muslim then gives him $40 and a loaf of bread, making him promise not to steal again.

Whereas the context of this story is rare, the kindness of this individual shouldn't be brushed aside. Its also worth noting that its not his religion that makes him a decent person, its his humanity. Some people on ATS should learn to seek to see the difference instead of just bashing muslims as a whole.
edit on 21-9-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Amazing story.

And a good man.

I'm not sure I would have reacted in the same manner.

Food for thought.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Great video. I've seen several times. That shop owner is a good man. As for this being "typical", all I can say is that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Nice find.
Pretty heart warming to see something like this.
Not many people would react like this man.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It's a nice story.

I wish we could see more of this, to tell you the truth. I'm really tired of hearing how the extremists ahte us and want to kill us.

But it's not going to end any time soon, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Pretty amazing. Seen it before but it doesn't get old. Thanx.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

the robber drops to his knee's and tells the muslim that he's broke and his family need feeding.

what if the thief lied to get out of the situation ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Aww, that was awesome!

I like seeing stuff like this to counteract all of the bad things we see/hear. There are terrible people and good people in all walks of life - we have to strive to see the big picture.

I too am not sure I would have handled that situation as well as this man did.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
But it's not going to end any time soon, unfortunately.

Not with that attitude it's not.

@OP, great vid.

Peace
edit on 21-9-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Things like this, though infrequent, raise my hope in humanity.

there are good and bad in every single thing out there. I choose to focus on the good.
It's better all around and kind of stops stress.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It is nice to see the sapien sapien didnt take a life when he could of decided to go that way in that situation and hopefully the robber he preserved appreciates life more and finds a better way.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The cool thing on the actual youtube vid, it went on to say in the description:

Mohammad Sohail, the proprietor of a deli on Long Island, didn't hesitate when he was accosted back in May by a man with a baseball bat who demanded his money. After having his hands up momentarily, the New York Post reports, Sohail pulled a 9 mm rifle from behind his counter and forced the would-be robber to drop his weapon.

After the robber pleaded for his life, saying he had no choice but to rob to feed his family, Sohail gave him some bread, $40, and sent him on his way.

The story would be astounding enough if it ended right there, but the robber surprised Sohail again just this last week, with a letter containing thanks and $50. The letter discussed how the writer's life had improved since the incident: "Now I have a new child and good job make good money staying out of trouble and taking care of my family. You gave me forty dollars thank you for sparing my life Because of that you change my life."

Sohail joked that the robbery ended up bringing him good fortune. "When you do good things for somebody, it comes back to you. I gave him $40 and he sent me back $50. It was a good investment."

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The story would be astounding enough if it ended right there, but the robber surprised Sohail again just this last week, with a letter containing thanks and $50. The letter discussed how the writer's life had improved since the incident: "Now I have a new child and good job make good money staying out of trouble and taking care of my family. You gave me forty dollars thank you for sparing my life Because of that you change my life."

Sohail joked that the robbery ended up bringing him good fortune. "When you do good things for somebody, it comes back to you. I gave him $40 and he sent me back $50. It was a good investment."

Thats what I like to see dark agenda turned into LIGHT* the robber probably wont consider robbing another again which will prevent the risk of another being harmed intentionally or accidentally. He was fortunate to of ran into a humble soul not thirsty for blood on his hands thats for sure. And agree a good investment of energy he may of saved others with the Light he shined onto the robber..

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Nice video but lets put this into perspective.

Contrary to popular belief, not all Moslems are evil (crazy I know).

And not all of them are going to be as nice as this clerk.

There are good and bad people from every group.

[/end thread]

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Yeah....you would almost think Muslims are just like people....

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

the robber drops to his knee's and tells the muslim that he's broke and his family need feeding.

what if the thief lied to get out of the situation ?

I believe that its highly possible the thief was lying - But the focus here is on this man's generosity. And making an example of a good muslim who doesn't want to stone you for being an infidel.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

no, the right thing to do would have been to call the police and let the thief get arrested. so the thief could explain to a judge, why he did not go to a social assistance office. what was he thinking ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

no, the right thing to do would have been to call the police and let the thief get arrested. so the thief could explain to a judge, why he did not go to a social assistance office. what was he thinking ?

Sometimes people do stupid things.

But it all seemed to work out fine - This true act of kindness seemed to have helped the man immensely - He got a job afterwards repaid the clerk. Had be been arrested he would only go through the system, processed like a number.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Awesome timely and much needed reminder.
S&F for your post!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Yay, more prisoners!! That'll help....

How did this story convince you that the best option was to call the police?

Compassion

Empathy

Life and learn.

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join