It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are Black AND a Muslim, you should read this!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Those guys are outright liars right? Muslims hate infidels, women, and tolerance.

Now you're gettin' it!

It was a joke! Lighten up dude.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

You mean the same 60's where they were struggling for equality and were fighting groups like the KKK who justified their actions based on fundamentalist Christianity? Starting to become more clear, you're bias because of when you grew up. Sympathy.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Nana2

You mean the same 60's where they were struggling for equality and were fighting groups like the KKK who justified their actions based on fundamentalist Christianity? Starting to become more clear, you're bias because of when you grew up. Sympathy.

Not so, mon ami. I fought along SIDE of blacks wanting equal rights. I beleived in their rights being equal. I was the hippe chick who would probably be cionsidered "liberal" by today's standards. I just know that black muslims were all over the news for violence during those days, and I saw some of it firsthand.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Generalization? i guess "some" and "most" is generalization for you.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

So why don't the Christians use Bible's that are just the New Testament? Furthermore why doesn't your thread pose the same questions to Black people that are Christian? Why is the seller more demonic than the buyer?

Anywho... here's some more.

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

more jems

I agree with you to a degree, zealotry is a huge problem but it exists in all Religions. No religion has a higher claim to idiots that take things too far than any other. You seem to be picking on Islam alone.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Alright, fair enough. Try and understand that I'm a 21 year old idealist that just wants everyone to get along, progress and respect each other. Sorry if I've over reacted.

You do bring up some good points, but I stand by my assertion that Islam is evolving and is as viable a religion as any in the proper environment. I think you should reconsider your stance of Islam being definitively evil if for nothing else but the respect of the people who practice, especially those who live up to the highest of ethical standards.

Which is many, including many black American Muslims.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Nana2

So why don't the Christians use Bible's that are just the New Testament? Furthermore why doesn't your thread pose the same questions to Black people that are Christian? Why is the seller more demonic than the buyer?

Anywho... here's some more.

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

more jems

I agree with you to a degree, zealotry is a huge problem but it exists in all Religions. No religion has a higher

because dude, as I have repeatedly said in this thread, THSI PARTICULAR thread was about black muslims, NOT all religions and their problems. On other sites I am rather famous for spouting off my opinions about christianity (not in a good light), but this thread was centered on a different subject.

As to why Christians dont throw out the old testament, I dont know. I DO know however, (having spent many many years in the christian faith- so you are not showing me soemthing I havent already read) that most christians say it like this: (the old testament was written for the jews, and when jesus came we entered into a new covenant with God" one of peace and love supposedly.

Picking on Islam? no, just asking questions and quoting their own words to them. Why are YOU defending it so much?
edit on 19-9-2012 by Nana2 because: sentence

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

You joined ATS in 2011 and still don't bother using the search function to gather more data that can help you reach a logical conclusion.

I don't get it either!

The Bible and the Quran both have violence and death. The Quran states that one should only kill as a self defense, not as retaliation. But wait, let me guess you've never bothered to read it have you?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Dude, 'most' means a large majority. I know Christians with Muslim names, are you African American by any chance? did you convert from Islam? If not how do you know? and why use the word BLACK instead of African American?????

Black people of Africa was influenced by the closest religion they had, which is Islam, they just carried it forward because some of them don;t want to accept the "white man's religion".

A majority of people in Africa are CHRISTIAN and not MUSLIM!...wait you're gonna ask me how I know this, I LIVE THERE!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Nana2

Alright, fair enough. Try and understand that I'm a 21 year old idealist that just wants everyone to get along, progress and respect each other. Sorry if I've over reacted.

You do bring up some good points, but I stand by my assertion that Islam is evolving and is as viable a religion as any in the proper environment. I think you should reconsider your stance of Islam being definitively evil if for nothing else but the respect of the people who practice, especially those who live up to the highest of ethical standards.

Which is many, including many black American Muslims.

I can only go by what I read of their own teachings, by how they currently treat a lot of their population, like women , and by the seemingly worldwide problems they have with many countries over ridiculous stuff.

I had a feeling you were young. You do talk with intelligence and I appreciate that. But when you have lived a while longer I think you will start to see things differently a bit.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by Nana2

You joined ATS in 2011 and still don't bother using the search function to gather more data that can help you reach a logical conclusion.

I don't get it either!

The Bible and the Quran both have violence and death. The Quran states that one should only kill as a self defense, not as retaliation. But wait, let me guess you've never bothered to read it have you?

Really?

"Under Sharia, those who insult Muhammad or Allah are to be put to death. So are those who desecrate the Qur'an, or commit other acts of blasphemy. This tradition began with Muhammad, as recorded in the Hadith and by his biographers. There is also a Qur'anic basis for it."
source

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Dude, 'most' means a large majority. I know Christians with Muslim names, are you African American by any chance? did you convert from Islam? If not how do you know? and why use the word BLACK instead of African American?????

Black people of Africa was influenced by the closest religion they had, which is Islam, they just carried it forward because some of them don;t want to accept the "white man's religion".

A majority of people in Africa are CHRISTIAN and not MUSLIM!...wait you're gonna ask me how I know this, I LIVE THERE!

I personalluy use the word "black" because I beleive if you are loyal to my country you should not associate yourself elsewhere. The same is true for chinese-american and so forth. It is not an offensive term. Blacks themselves came up with it you know. Now its something else. An old lady like myself just can;t keep up with the latest and newest "politically correct" things to say. It changes all the time.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

I'm tired of people mentioning Sharia Law because they read it online, cmon now is that they only thing you guys can come up with. Perhaps if you read the book you may stumble across a lot of other excuses to hate a religion so similar to Christianity and Judaism that you know nothing of.

Do you know why they call them the Abrahamic religions religions?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead

reply to post by Nana2

I don't get it either!

Really?

"Under Sharia, those who insult Muhammad or Allah are to be put to death. So are those who desecrate the Qur'an, or commit other acts of blasphemy. This tradition began with Muhammad, as recorded in the Hadith and by his biographers. There is also a Qur'anic basis for it."
source

whew ---Who peed on your cookies? First of all, I will not discuss with you if all you are going to be is insulting. I HAVE read the Qur'an, I have posted many mnay quotes from it here in this thread alone.

You went to the trouble to post when I joined here? Now thats funny!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nana2

Picking on Islam? no, just asking questions and quoting their own words to them. Why are YOU defending it so much?

You most definitely are. I am defending truth actually. We're never going to get away from all this craziness until we start demanding truth over propaganda. A good chunk of alternative media sources are very intentionally poisoned with Islamophobia which just generally sucks for those of us that don't trust the MSM. Vet your sources, I'll leave it at that.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by RedParrotHead

I'm tired of people mentioning Sharia Law because they read it online, cmon now is that they only thing you guys can come up with. Perhaps if you read the book you may stumble across a lot of other excuses to hate a religion so similar to Christianity and Judaism that you know nothing of.

Do you know why they call them the Abrahamic religions religions?

have you even bothered to read this whole thread or just a few of the posts and then got your bonnet all twisted up. It has already been discussed over and over about christianity's evils as well. Not gonna rehash it.

Let me guess, you are black AND muslim? If so, thats your biz. This thread was started because I was curious about how blacks can follow a religion who persecuted their ancestors so badly?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Nana2

You most definitely are. I am defending truth actually. We're never going to get away from all this craziness until we start demanding truth over propaganda. A good chunk of alternative media sources are very intentionally poisoned with Islamophobia which just generally sucks for those of us that don't trust the MSM. Vet your sources, I'll leave it at that.

ah, gotcha! It is "truth" because you say it is? Hmmmm, where have I heard that before?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Wait, these people live by Sharia law. How many people have been executed because of breaking such laws? Do you read the news? When was the last time someone was killed by a government for "blasphemy" in any other religion?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead

Wait, these people live by Sharia law. How many people have been executed because of breaking such laws? Do you read the news? When was the last time someone was killed by a government for "blasphemy" in any other religion?

excellent point! Just today I read where muslims are petitioning the UN to make it an international law that anyone who "insults" their religion is breaking the law. God only knows what the punishment would be.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Why is it whenever someone criticizes Islam people gotta attack Christianity, even if the person who is criticizing Islam not a Christian?

It seems to be some sort of nonsense internet rule. I guess I'd call it internet rule number 188,

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join