It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion: An 11 year old pregnant by mothers dead boyfriend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Pretty awful story. This poor girl was complaining of stomach pains so mom and boyfriend took her to the hospital, where they discovered that she was pregnant.
The boyfriend then asks for the keys to run an "errand" and never returns.
Then he goes on a crime spree, kidnapping, and robbing before being shot by police

I am, for the most part, not in favor of abortion, especially late term abortion.
However in this case, I would have to put my morality aside and do whats right for the child.

What would you die hard anti-abortionist do?

Source

So imagine your 11-year-old daughter has stomach pains. You and your boyfriend decide to take her to the hospital. After some tests, the cause of the stomach pain is revealed: Your 11-year-old daughter doesn't have the flu nor food poisoning. Nope. She's pregnant. So, just as you're trying to adjust to this astounding news, your 42-year-old boyfriend asks for the keys to the car so he can run an errand. And he never returns. This story gets much, much, much worse before it's over

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Not your child, not your pregnancy, not your opinion.

Abortion debates need to end and die before they can begin. Its not your option to have an abortion, then your opinion does not matter.

EDIT: The story is horrible. Absolutely terrible. I am neutral on what the mother did, in one aspect, the sentence was much more appropriate than the judicial system would have, on the other hand, taking the life of a human being is morally wrong. Take it or leave it I guess.
edit on 13-9-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

A rock and a hard place. But to take a leaf from John Grisham's book (haha) "A Time To Kill":

Imagine that was your daughter. Imagine that whole situation happened to you. What would you do?

Now imagine you are that little girl. Imagine what having that child would do to you. What would you want?

Answer those two questions, and you have your final answer. In my personal opinion, the baby's dead. I wouldn't want to put the child through today's adoption system, and I wouldn't want to put my child through the pain of having a kid, losing it, and suffering all the medical detriments as a result of childbirth.

It's a no brainer, really. And if you want the kid to have her own kid, that's sick.
edit on 13-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
idontwantoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Not your child, not your pregnancy, not your opinion.

Abortion debates need to end and die before they can begin. Its not your option to have an abortion, then your opinion does not matter.

I should mention that the question on what to do was also asked at the end of the article, which is why I chose the topic.

I hope the mother does what is right for this little girl for a change and that does not include forcing her to have her dead criminal boyfriend's baby. What would you do as a mother in this situation

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

As much as abortion saddens me, it is this family's choice- not mine. If it were my child I don't know what that choice would ultimately be, but I would be thankful for the right to have that choice.

Situations like this are a good example of why the right to choose should remain the family's choice and not the decision of the government.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Thats my point as to why there should be no debate. Internet debates are not debates, they are simple arguments that further entrench people in their already pre conceived opinions. Not because of logic on the debate itself, but simply because people get frustrated when people hold opinions that counter against their own opinion. So instead of opening their eyes to whether the counter opinion is valid or not and contrast that against their own opinion, they simply end up fighting against the person of the counter opinion.

Abortion is something so psychologically complex that only the person in the situation to have one performed can make the appropriate choice.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself, but for me -- I would definitely take my daughter for an abortion. At 11 yrs old, her little body would be in danger carrying a baby to term. If I had to choose between the baby or my daughter, I choose my daughter -- no question.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
I can only speak for myself, but for me -- I would definitely take my daughter for an abortion. At 11 yrs old, her little body would be in danger carrying a baby to term. If I had to choose between the baby or my daughter, I choose my daughter -- no question.

That is exactly the response that I was hoping to get from 100% of the people that reply to this thread.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Congratulations on picking a one in a billion scenario. I don't believe it should be illegal for her to get an abortion. I don't believe any govt or tax payer money should be used as payment if she decides to get one. But beyond that how does anyone know if her baby wouldn't grow up to be President? Or cure cancer? Or just be a wonderful human being in general? The swiftness with which many people will just throw away a human life upsets me.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So.... the guy is dead and wont be paying for the damage he's inflicted? Ugh, how does society even get to this point? Of course i would advocate that the 11 year old gets an abortion - But sadly the experience of it will be that of shame and perhaps even guilt.

Im gutted this coward does not live to be punished. I dont mean giving him the death sentence but definitely to be locked up in harsh conditions.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Congratulations on picking a one in a billion scenario. I don't believe it should be illegal for her to get an abortion. I don't believe any govt or tax payer money should be used as payment if she decides to get one. But beyond that how does anyone know if her baby wouldn't grow up to be President? Or cure cancer? Or just be a wonderful human being in general? The swiftness with which many people will just throw away a human life upsets me.

How nice of you to concentrate on the unborn and not the child actually carrying the baby.

/sarcasm

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The problem with attempting to justify abortion with 1 of a kind scenarios is pretty obvious.

As for me? I'm not a supporter of abortion. I am a supporter of a woman's right to choose however and I will state, very plainly, that I would have my 11 year old daughter get an abortion.

She's 11 for god sakes and no ammount of morality will make me believe that an 11 year old deserves the responsibility of being a mother at that age. Or that she even should have to do so, considering she was molested by a man 3 times her age.

But again, this is a 1 of a kind scenario and I can't really use it as a means to justify my view on legalized abortions.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Internet debates are generally not debates.

They are shouting matches because being right is serious business.

And we all must CONFORM!

Sad to say.

People are exceptionally emotionally interested in the beliefs and can't accept anything else other than their beliefs and that everybody has to obey and abide by their beliefs.

It doesn't have to be that way, of course, but that's the way it is.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
how does anyone know if her baby wouldn't grow up to be President?

All the more reason to abort it now.

Or more seriously; an 11 year old isn't really equipped to carry a baby to term, nor should said child, nor the child of the child be sentenced to the inevitably tough life to follow, being the product of a child-rape. It remains the families decision but it is ever distasteful to judge others for their opinions on personal issues like, say, what to do with the product of a crime.
edit on 9/13/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Internet debates are generally not debates.

They are shouting matches because being right is serious business.

And we all must CONFORM!

Sad to say.

People are exceptionally emotionally interested in the beliefs and can't accept anything else other than their beliefs and that everybody has to obey and abide by their beliefs.

It doesn't have to be that way, of course, but that's the way it is.

I dont want this thread to turn into a shouting match and I dont want people insulting others over their opinions. I just wanted to pose the question to you guys and find out your opinions but not to judge you based on whatever your opinion is.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with terminating pregnancies.

Abort the baby and slap the mom across the face for letting such a peice of %&*^ near her daughter.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I am pro-choice, i would have a serious talk with my daughter and after i tell her i support her all the way, abortion or not i would let her decide what she wants to do with her body.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
on one hand, a life potential is a life potential. so, the scenario shouldn't matter.

This is where principles need to be applied.

Does this growth have brain function yet? yes or no

If yes, it is murder, if no, it is a growth.
Brain functions start between 3-5 months (debate point, but no less than 3 months). After which, only in cases of danger to the mothers life.

Before the brain functioning, there is no person. After, it is a human being.

Thank you science for giving me a rational viewpoint on this.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

An 11 year old child is hardly equipped to make a decision like this. She's just a kid and doesn't yet have the tools to deal with such a decision.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join