It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Curiosity Raw Image Anomaly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
reply to post by jaysbot

That's it, when all evidence is presented to you, and you are caught in the headlights like a roe dear, resort to the 'shill' card!

There are new rules in place about that, so I would be very careful if I were you.

sigh, you really think your achieving something by hijacking this thread with your presumptions do you?. Do the images look like something from a flash feed? use your brain, enough of the nicey nice talk from now on if i spot you in this thread it'll be a big IGNORE.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaysbot
it seems skeptics, government agents and the like infest alot of these threads at ATS... it's a real shame especially when people can't back up what they say without any kind of proof or research, just hot air blowing in the wind.

you know what's really a real shame? that you have to label people who disagree with you, because they ruined your speculation party with facts. proof or research? i think anyone with a modicum of sanity will see in the previous pages of this thread that those were indeed presented. including a picture of the same area with the dust cover off the hazcam.

i know it sucks to find out all you saw was pixelated dust, but please jays....don't be one of those guys who has to insult people just because they disagree with you.

i love mars. i love it so much that if there was a serious mission to mars right now i would give great consideration to leaving my family to go live there(my wife and child). that's how much i love mars. 90 percent of the fiction i read has to do with mars. most of the threads i post in on ats are on mars.
if there were a picture that was decent resolution, wasn't a zoomed in pixelated dusty piece of garbage that showed a building that couldn't possibly be natural i'd say "huh, that's pretty cool ...i wonder" and i would be more than willing to say it's definitely a possibility and we should go there manned mission-wise and check it out. but to date, i haven't and no one has shown me such a picture.

so please, in the future, don't think you know me and what my motivations are.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

Originally posted by jaysbot
it seems skeptics, government agents and the like infest alot of these threads at ATS... it's a real shame especially when people can't back up what they say without any kind of proof or research, just hot air blowing in the wind.

you know what's really a real shame? that you have to label people who disagree with you, because they ruined your speculation party with facts. proof or research? i think anyone with a modicum of sanity will see in the previous pages of this thread that those were indeed presented. including a picture of the same area with the dust cover off the hazcam.

i know it sucks to find out all you saw was pixelated dust, but please jays....don't be one of those guys who has to insult people just because they disagree with you.

i love mars. i love it so much that if there was a serious mission to mars right now i would give great consideration to leaving my family to go live there(my wife and child). that's how much i love mars. 90 percent of the fiction i read has to do with mars. most of the threads i post in on ats are on mars.
if there were a picture that was decent resolution, wasn't a zoomed in pixelated dusty piece of garbage that showed a building that couldn't possibly be natural i'd say "huh, that's pretty cool ...i wonder" and i would be more than willing to say it's definitely a possibility and we should go there manned mission-wise and check it out. but to date, i haven't and no one has shown me such a picture.

so please, in the future, don't think you know me and what my motivations are.

I'm sorry but at this stage i still believe there is a high change of the anomaly on the horizon being an object or structure, nothing has changed, no evidence has been given to yet disprove it. Well i believe it's a world wide story now and there are some smart people in the world so i guess they'll do a better job than me proving it is more than mere dust.

As for me personally i don't really care if it is something or not i already know we are not alone. I've done my fair share of research, witnessed enough testimonies & seen some extraordinary things.

As for leaving your family to go live on some baron planet, while the sense of adventure is appealing personally i'd pass and besides you may not like what you find when you get their.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysbot

no evidence has been given to yet disprove it

Except that it doesn't appear in the subsequent image. Except that it doesn't appear in the hazcam images.

edit on 8/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jaysbot

Except that it doesn't appear in the subsequent image. Except that it doesn't appear in the hazcam images.

Let me guess you are referring to the one where the dust is removed from the haz cam and the anomaly magically disappears and is replaced by an entire mountain range correct?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysbot

Um..I guess so.
Not sure about the "magical" part though. It has more to do with the dust cover being removed and being a higher resolution image.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well i guess when the others have completed there in depth investigations they may be able to add more to the facts, as for it being dust i still doubt that very much.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

dont the peaks to left of slope look like pyramids?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

sure i guess, like any mountains in the distance. beautifull skyline though isn't it? if you have a smartphone there are two apps that are free that i have on mine, one is the be a martian app and the other is a mars images app. the mars images app is from the other rovers. so i get to see all sorts of pictures of the red ball every day. i love it.

edit: ha! i'm incorrect, just saw there's an update with mars images to include curiosity images. niiiice!
edit on 9-8-2012 by optimus primal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jaysbot

This disproves the assertion that it is a structure. It doesn't remotely prove that what we're seeing is dust.

I'm not going to claim to know what it is, if it even is anything. But the fact that it's only visible on a low res image doesn't automatically mean that it was a 'trick of the light/dust/resolution' or whatever.

That's some pretty weak 'proof' right there. All that has been proven is that it is not a static object on the surface of Mars. Nothing else has actually been proven in this thread. Saying it is dust is just as much speculation as saying it's a structure. Sure, Occam's Razor says it's probably just dust - but I haven't actually seen anything proven in this thread yet.

Honestly, the biggest problem with this thread is that everyone jumped on the suggestion that the object is a structure. Let's stick to anomaly. For the record I think it's probably just dust, but let's be clear about what constitutes proof. If someone took a picture of me sitting on my couch, then took another picture of my couch without me sitting on it - does that prove I never existed in the first place?!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

This disproves the assertion that it is a structure. It doesn't remotely prove that what we're seeing is dust.

Ok. It was a Martian RV?

Wait a minute...didn't Heinlein describe adult Martians as resembling an iceboat under sail?

edit on 8/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I went and looked at a picture of what curiousty looks like supposedly and wondered.. That may just be Curiosities shadow.

www.euronews.com...

Wanted to add, a couple of years ago I along with a few others were trying to figure out what was in this odd picture from the rover for almost a week.

Turned out its just tracks from the rover, the top right corner is the shape of the probe the rover uses to take soil samples and the blueberries are exactly that.. just martian blueberries which we know are everywhere.
edit on 9-8-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

edit on 9-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

I just wanted to chime-in and say how excited i am about the possible discoveries to be made and how amazing it is they landed that thing,almost the size of a car!
i quite recently watched the video of the team during and after their "7 minutes of terror",they should be a very proud bunch
edit on 9-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jaysbot

Seriously, it's on the camera. I watched the pictures come up live and saw the exact same thing. Unfortunately, it's dust just like all the other random blobs of dark stuff on the lens. Get a new hobby.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
First off, i can't believe you missed that tank/turret on the right shooting at your anomalies!

Second, if you invert the colors of the image it is pretty easy to see that it is indeed dust that was kicked up in the air from the landing that is refracting light. This is easy to see because the same kind of blotches (anomalies?) are in the circle of sun light.

I get being a skeptic, i really do, but i have had the privilege of meeting several NASA engineers and it is an insult to their hard work and dedication to instantly scream fraud at these amazing photographs. And even if they were trying to cover something up, they wouldn't show you a picture that they have edited, they just simply wouldn't show you the picture at all....
you sir have officially been debunked.
edit on 9-8-2012 by twistedlogic because: typo

edit on 9-8-2012 by twistedlogic because: more typos, sorry i get antsy!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
yah i know its probably not, hehe a wish and a hope? hrm lol, but i think i still see them in next image its just really much brighter than the other image? i don't know, but you right nothing more ordinary than maybe some Mt peaks, plus i doubt they would land us in the back yard of Giza 2 when they took like 15 years to agree there was water on either moon or mars lol or maybe even longer for moon? not to mention i believe all the dust covers are still on till next week so definitely. could be just dirt(cry) the one thing i wonder though is if we did find structures on other planets that resemble ours here, and most religions say all their gods put us here and were only ones would this mean religions are wrong or will they then change the story to say they made all of them and put us on every planet? but will they limit it to just our solar system or would they then say all galaxies

that app sounds dope where do you download it

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by twistedlogic
First off, i can't believe you missed that tank/turret on the right shooting at your anomalies!

Second, if you invert the colors of the image it is pretty easy to see that it is indeed dust that was kicked up in the air from the landing that is refracting light. This is easy to see because the same kind of blotches (anomalies?) are in the circle of sun light.

I get being a skeptic, i really do, but i have had the privilege of meeting several NASA engineers and it is an insult to their hard work and dedication to instantly scream fraud at these amazing photographs. And even if they were trying to cover something up, they wouldn't show you a picture that they have edited, they just simply wouldn't show you the picture at all....
you sir have officially been debunked.
edit on 9-8-2012 by twistedlogic because: typo

edit on 9-8-2012 by twistedlogic because: more typos, sorry i get antsy!

could you do that to the pic i posted invert it please every time i try to do it its not comming out right
(please 8o) )

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey now, there's no need to be facetious. I just think people on ATS are far too liberal with their use of the word 'proof'. There's a lot of compelling evidence in this thread that the 'anomaly' is nothing, but just because something appears in one picture and not in another doesn't mean said thing never existed in the first place. That's completely specious reasoning.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Curiosity better run... and fast in the other direction.

Anybody thats ever played a WWII video game knows what that is... it is a German Tiger Tank in the mist!

RUN Curiosity, RUN!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are most likely right. It's too early to analyze any of the photos at this moment. Dust does have a way of making an image that really isn't there or taking a possible a plume of gas in Mars atmosphere and giving it almost a 3 dimensional matrixing effect.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join