It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A Protest in Springfield, Mo.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Chick-fil-A store breaks with founder to sponsor LGBT Pride
www.rawstory.com...

And that franchise owner is free to voice his/her opinion as well. He is under no obligation to support the parent company president.

Where is the outrage from the family values crowd? Where are the calls for boycotting that store??

This isn't an anti-gay thing...its a matter of freedom of speech.

edit on 1-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sulie
reply to post by WeRpeons

Edit to add: the OP did a great job with the pics. However, the point is, the OP still went to the establishment to eat...........what does that tell ya?

edit on 1-8-2012 by Sulie because: add text

It tells me OP wanted to support free speech and possibly a cause he believes in and support a food establishment. Should it have told me something else?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Saw the news out of San Antonio today. Support Chick-Fil_A day had the place packed and a line of cars.

Of course they interviewed a girl would did the standard 'marriage is a man and woman' statement.

Word is that Friday is the boycott day. Good luck with that one...

Not really a boycott. Friday is just "Support Hooters Day" so everyone will be there instead.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Anyone who has ever taken a course in management 101, would know that anything that would interfere with a businesses profit margin or losing customers is a no, no. How many times have you seen businesses retract statements that have affected their businesses? It's just common sense. Do you think it would be good practice to announce that your business is pro-choice?

You will always alienate a certain segment of society when, as a business, you take a political stand. Having said that, the “stand” taken by Chick-Fil-A is not a new one because they’ve always been closed on Sunday and the company’s Christian values are part of their business.

This has been overblown by the media because Obama has made the gay agenda an issue of his campaign….nothing more.

This e-card sums up the phony outrage we’re witnessing.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Friday I think will be the day when the gay community will go in and kiss they're partners openly. Should be interesting.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Oh shoot Wabbit I forgot to tell you that your story was inspiring, glad it worked out to be such a great day for you and your family.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I have no problem with gay marriage and i completely disagree with his comment, but this has been taken way too far. A college near me (IUPUI) has a Chick-Fil-A on campus, and students are petitioning to have it shut down. I don't think people realize that people have to make a living and the average worker at chick-fil-a does not deserve to be punished for a statement they had absolutely nothing to do with.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh yea. Its a big campaign. Same thing in Midland, TX where there is a lot of anti-gay marriage folks, and a Chik-Fil-A.

I am of the following opinions:

1. I want all gay people to be happy. My oldest son is gay, and I want him to feel fulfilled in life. I want everything for my children like anyone else, and am firmly in the "pro-LBGT" camp because of my own son. along with some very close friends (since childhood close).

2. Even though I feel this way about LGBT, I also feel that Chik-Fil-A can say whatever they want. They have some really, really good chicken I am not going to stop shopping somewhere because of words said by ownership. If they have actions, then I would have to determine that independantly. But their actions to prevent gay marriage are not anything that bothers me. There shouldn't really be "gay marriage', as marriage is a religious thing. Let the religious folks have marriage, and instead just make a similar, secular, parallel union as has been suggested (very reasonably) in the past.

3 I have strong feelings about both of the above points. And despite this, it is not an issue i will publicly wear on my sleeve. If i want Chik-Fil-A, i will have Chik-Fil-A. I don't need a campaign, or a cause to drive me there. It is beyond silly to let social media drive you to supporting causes out of social pressure.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

You're missing my whole point of my post. They have every right to say anything they want, of course it's free speech. All I'm saying is, it's not good business practice to throw out statements that may affect your business profits.

Looks like they are going to get more business out of this rather than less.

And if people want to stage a counter-protest in the restaurants, they will have to buy something to get inside, right?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

You don't have a good understanding of how the founding fathers really felt...read the Federalist Papers and you will see they wanted the country founded on the morals of Christian religion...alot of people educated in America today get that wrong...it is hidden from everyone on purpose.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
[
This isn't an anti-gay thing...its a matter of freedom of speech.

edit on 1-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

is chic fil a funding groups who support violence against homosexuals? are they funding ex-gay programs?

edit on 2-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Oh shoot Wabbit I forgot to tell you that your story was inspiring, glad it worked out to be such a great day for you and your family.

Thanks, I appreciate that! I never did find you way back at the Ron Paul rally/caucus training event. We'll have to make a point of saying Hi at some common event some time.

@ Thread

I'd read about Friday and I'm going to drop by that area at about the same time then if I don't have something else come up. I'd be interested in seeing the difference.

I'll certainly take my camera though and come back if Friday has anything worth sharing.

edit on 2-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
That is awesome! Thanks for your trip report! Glad to see a sense of community still exists in some places.

I don't eat fast food but have been wanting to support these guys ever since the mayor and disney situations. I checked online and they have no t-shirts I wanted in my size. So I called the 3 Chick-Fil-A's in my area and they were all out of t-shirts as well! They told me they've been going like crazy! Keep in mind, I live in the Los Angeles area. I was very surprised and very happy to hear this.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I'm wondering... when are they gonna call In 'N' Out and ask for their stance?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Wrabbit2000... we've interacted on quite a few thread on a wide range of topics and as of late I haven't had much to say about anything that's been going on around here because it's been a whole lot of mindless back and forth bickering...

That being said... great thread... and the scene was exactly the same here in PA with the media focusing of course on the three idiots with signs protesting... which is about the actual percentage (as opposed to the masses supporting Chick-fil-A) that is doing all the hooting and hollering that gets all the coverage all day every day by the MSM...

It's all unraveling... people are starting to wake up... and this will most likely be one of the most interesting months of everyone's lives ever up until this point...

Thanks for being a patriot... and thanks for the best read that's been on this site in quite some time...

The R3VOLUTION Lives On...

Sorry... had to edit to add "where's Phange to deny the existence of lines at Chick-fil-A"...

edit on 2-8-2012 by SwissMarked because: Because I felt like it... what... you got a problem with that... it's still America... deal with it...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
These are privately owned businesses and in my opinion they have a right to put up whatever they want in those billboards. Gay people/ supporters of gay marriage are not being forced to eat there. These businesses will probably lose some customers and that's to be expected when they decide to express their opinion is such a way. But that's their right.

I do support gay marriage however everyone has a right to express their opinion.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
How exactly does pro traditional marriage = anti gay? I think that a descrete mathmatics course or even an intro to logic should be a requirement for everyone (especially if you are a politician). Being "for" something does not mean you are against anything, It is sad I have to point this out, however it appears that some here on the ATS communitiy posses childlike reasoning.

From the looks of it, this was the best thing to happen to chic fil a, and I hope it is a preview of the election this november. How a fringe super minority group managed to hijack the entire nation is beyond me?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think I got food poisoning from that place. Been sick all night and all morning. I even had to call into work, that's how lousy I feel. Ugh, my stomach is burning.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I think I got food poisoning from that place. Been sick all night and all morning. I even had to call into work, that's how lousy I feel. Ugh, my stomach is burning.

I used to "man" the sick line for a 400 seat call center. You can imagine the tales I have heard. Something I would point out to someone calling in with the above:

- "food poisoning" generally takes 24 hours to manifest. Some other food borne illnesses can come quicker. Usually, if it is food related, if you vomit within 24 hours it has more to do with something in teh food at that particular time not being acceptable to your body at that time (most often because of the body having illness).

- If you ate alone, notify the store just to be safe. If you ate with someone else, are they sick? If not, then it is not likely the food, it is likely you....see below

- it is far, far more likely that you would pick up a stomach bug from ingesting fecal matter. Thats right, someone's poop. Less than half of the population washes their hands after using the restroom. So when you go to open the door, you run the risk of touching the buttholes and other nether regions of thousands of people. But even that doesn't stop it, because literally every surface that you can imagine being touched, has been touched. Brushed up against that wall as you turned the corner? Try to imagine the last time someone actually cleaned that wall....and how many other people brush up against it.

Then consider the local homeless population, and the spaces you share with them (like the button that you push to change the traffic light). Or just the door on a convenience store. Of course, there is no reason to be a germophobe, as germs are a part of our life. And you have to kind of allow yourself to succumb to lesser illness to help ensure stronger immunity.

But it is far, far more likely you got a stomach bug from a source other than the food at Chik-Fil-A. But, like i said, notify the store if you ate alone.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

AWESOME STORY Rabbit!!

I'm originally from Joplin (actually Webb City), and my parents are visiting me in Florida at the moment, but they live full-time in Joplin, and they'll be passing back through Springfield on Saturday. I'll let them know to be sure and stop by a Chick Fil A.

The "pay it forward" concept is just about the most wonderful thing I've read all week. We should do this at every drive-through when we have the means. Of course, in half the drive-throughs out there it would just go in someone's pocket, but at Chick Fil A, they have wondeful, high-quality employees, and they have a culture of outstanding customer service, and I can see how this type of thing would actually work there!

Thanks for the post, and the pics, and the feel-good story.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join