It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Special Forces Member Team Are Caught On Footage in Syria [Busted]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

You think you would find such military clothing in a torn war country like that in the open?

No, but I bet they're in every market in Bradford, Birmingham and Tower Hamlets.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Maybe, but he isn't claiming British involvement or even British people are over there fighting. He's quite specifically said 'special forces' an has no evidence but the shirt, so it's a fair point to criticize him on.

Yes i can see how some of have done with the criticizing me by mocking me with rather then having an proper discussion have you seen the last few pages?

edit on 31-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Murad

I guess users in here have forgotten the fact that British Special Forces were also in Libya to or are are
some members on here going to deny that fact?

If i was a Sryian i why i would place a British flag on my military clothing?
well that could be like some member on stated he could be an British Sryian working the with the British Special Forces.

It was widely common known that the British Special Forces were in Libya helping out the rebels and with this video and the news link which i had provided on page 2.

Is no different then on what was happening in Libya with the British Special Forces on the ground in Libya.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

DUde, the OLympics are in LOndon this go around. There are clothing with UK flags printed, sewn, and stenciled on all over the place. Ralph Loren has a similar looking shirt out. The most logical answer to the video is a fighter dude that has a random T-shirt. The ammo lunks aren't 7.62 NATO, but look more like 7.63x54 Russian...look at the lip at the base of the cartriges.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Ha ha cheers khimbar I returned the favour

Yeah the OP title is a little dramatic and misleading I agree, and personally I don't think the guy is UK forces or even British although I don't rule it out, he also greats the guy with a kiss on each cheek which isn't very British either.

I've had a good search everywhere for his cap too, I can't find it anywhere although it's very distinctive, it seems to be more of a flame design on desert background rather then the usual camouflage on desert background, and it has a distinctive badge/logo. It might be nothing or it may be worth looking up, the shirt does seem a strange choice for a member of the SFA to be sporting but it's probably nothing.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what he is wearing. He could be in full black kit and that still wouldn't be enough to prove that he is SF.

Out of everyone in that video, he's probably the least likely to be British SF as there isn't a good explanation as to why SF inside Syria would be festooned with British flags in the first place.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil

I've had a good search everywhere for his cap too, I can't find it anywhere although it's very distinctive, it seems to be more of a flame design on desert background rather then the usual camouflage on desert background, and it has a distinctive badge/logo. It might be nothing or it may be worth looking up, the shirt does seem a strange choice for a member of the SFA to be sporting but it's probably nothing.

Looks like a pretty generic cap, rather than anything special.

I'm that sad I'm trying to ID his watch now

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Not sure how you can tell that the ammo is British, what makes you think it is British?

Also the dude is wearing a shirt, not a t-shirt. It has upturned edge on the sleeve and you can see a collar and where the top buttons are left open. The shirt may have come with a patch on the sleeve (maybe they sell those shirts there) or he could even have sewn the patch on the sleeve himself to show his allegiance or something.
Maybe he just wants to support the Olympic Games??? who knows?

I can not see how you can transpose this into special forces in Syria (not that I don't think they are there mind you, the chances of that are probably fairly certain, however, I am quite sure they would not be advertising it with a flag on their sleeve)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

reply to post by TinfoilTP

Since i doubt it that you went a few pages back here you go.
Page 2 in a reply to Fox

The Link itself.
Source

Which has been emphasized over and over that Special Forces of any nation would never display such a patch in the line of duty.

You were saying?
edit on 31-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Certainly one knows the difference between a field uniform and a covert operation. The intent of wearing a uniform is to be identified as one of hte forces of your country, civilian clothes, not so much.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Mercenaries don't wear there country's flags.

And a special ops team clandestinely dropped into a warzone would not announce to the world they are there by wearing their countries flags all over their uniforms.

Think.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The British flag is at 1:05
The video shows the defected Colonel Abdul Jabbar with some Arab looking fighters among them and from what it seems a British navy seal trooper armed with ammo on his front.

British made ammo.

Now in the video it doesn't look as if the city is under siege yet, interesting to note the same UK Navy team member is on 0:21 as well.
0:45 he looks like a Qatari special forces member

So what you make of that eh?

edit on 30-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

So much wrong with this post. I'm sure all have been covered so far but...

1) Find me a British Navy Seal and I'll sell you ocean front property in Arizona.

2) if that guy with the union jack on his shirt was special forces I'm sure he would've hit the deck as soon as a camera was put in his face.

3) how in the hell can you tell that the ammo wrapped around his shoulders in "British made"? It looks like a belt of 7.62x39 or 7.62x54r to me. And the British don't make rifles that chamber that round.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm sorry. That bloke with the British flag stitched to his sleeve is not a British Forces soldier. Do you really think Britain would be that stupid to put one of their best soldiers in Syria? I think not. Besides, most of the SAS are over in the UK getting ready to pounce on any potential terrorist attacks. Also, that guy looks nothing like an SAS soldier. He looks to be part of the Free Syrian Army. I guess anything will do for these conspiracy theorists nowadays.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The obvious thing that says he is not SAS or SBS is his build. British Special Force's are built like brick #houses. This guy is puny.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Whats the big deal? The whole world knows and talks about it. Its just that it is not advertised nor reported by MSM (strategic and military purposes). Great news. I'm glad the Brits are in Syria. Especially the SAS. Thats if they are indeed in Syria

edit on 31-7-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Sorry to inform you they would not hav e any id whatso ever everyone knows this. Especially the seals of the elite. They would stick out like a sore thumb and be an easy target for snipers.

Just saying...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I have not watched the video (can't here anyway) but I don't need to. There is no way in hell british special forces advertise their presence with flags ! End of! Trust me you will never know.....

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

Sorry to inform you they would not have any id whatsoever everyone knows this. Especially the seals of the elite. They would stick out like a sore thumb and be an easy target for snipers.Just saying...
Nah...the guy in the video felt like braggin about his skills representing him as a SAS by wearing a UK flag
(sarcasm).

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The OP's not lying, I was actually there when the clip was shot... Yep, thats British Navy Seals...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Do some people not realize how special the special forces thing goes? There are obviously someones special forces there, who it may be who the hell knows but in an instance where they don't want to be discovered they will go in as nondescript as possible. Hell, that guy in the head wrap and soccer jersey is probably someones special forces and I'd say he's doing a damn good job blending in and not being noticed.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
no british special forces are currently deployed in syria
maybe some in iran

but like 90% are in london at olympic venues looking like they ready to kick arse

the other 10% are in bradford keeping an eye on those asian folks

thread fail...

good luck with your next one

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So if i was in syria with a russian flag on my arm of a designer t-shirt im russian?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join