It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brave little girl (6yo) challenges a group of soldiers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Staged or not, how could anyone just stand there and not get down to her level, and talk with her?

Maybe give her voice a moment of human compassion and offer comfort or reason that she can understand. Tell her at the very least that what is going on around her is something terrible and very difficult to make sense of. Tell her that she is brave(regardless of the nature of her action, she is). Tell her that you're sorry for her pain. Maybe tell her to go to school and learn and remember that not everything is as it seems. Just a few little words.

But no, they laugh at her, ignore her and film her without compassion. So, if she's "acting" by the force of others, she still sees injustice and wrongdoing without reason to question otherwise. And if she's honestly expressing the horror of what must be her incredibly nightmarish existence, then how can she carry on through adulthood with any hope that a difference can be made by voicing an opinion?

This makes me like humanity even less today.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gottaknow

But no, they laugh at her, ignore her and film her without compassion. So, if she's "acting" by the force of others, she still sees injustice and wrongdoing without reason to question otherwise. And if she's honestly expressing the horror of what must be her incredibly nightmarish existence, then how can she carry on through adulthood with any hope that a difference can be made by voicing an opinion? This makes me like humanity even less today.

It is good to see that a few responding to this thread have their hearts on the right place. I share exactly the sentiment, you expressed so eloquently, when it comes to this child. You must be one of those few on ATS that refuse to have their tinfoil hat on. Star for you my friend.
edit on 20-7-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

I agree, there is something special about that little girl. Almost as though someone was speaking through her or putting words in her mouth. Way to young to understand social conscience.
Extremely brave and lets hope some of her words gives people on either side of the conflict a moment to reflect on what they are doing.
From the mouths of babes....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras

Almost as though someone was speaking through her or putting words in her mouth.

There was.

They're on camera in a few shots and you can hear them prompting her and telling her to speak louder.
edit on 20-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Somebody shoot that kid. She's a menace.

says the menace advocating the murder of a 6 year old?? gtfo

you know there are some crazy apologists here when that kind of comment gets 3 STARS, WTF

It's only extremist, provocative, or controversial if it's from the other end, so I guess these kind of people are heros to you then?

And they are full grown adults!
edit on 20-7-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

I agree with you. It seems hard for some to realize the cruel suffering of small children, taking place in certain parts of the world, and instead of showing some form of compassion with their suffering, accusing the very suffering children for the various political agendas in play.

Here is another poor girl that lost both her parents, interviewed by Sky 1. I am not interested to judge IDF or even the most remote political decisions leading to the death of her parents, brought forth in such a direct and heartbreaking language, by this girl.

I am more concerned with her pain that seems genuine and nightmarish. She will never recover. She got too old too fast. How many nights will she wake up, screaming in pain of having seen her father and mother, shot in front of her shocked eyes, with their brains pouring out of their heads?

As the little 5 year old Jana screamed in the first video. "Who is right and who is wrong?" These are the children of tomorrow, asking us adults of the past, whom turned their world into a living nightmare. What should we tell them? Should we, like the soldiers, laugh in their faces, ignoring them an answer to all the pain they are experiencing?

You tell me?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This sort of pre-meditated exploitation of children only serves to discredit and invalidate real situations and emotions.

I'm as pro-palestine as they come but I don't like this sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
And you really beleve it's real? Santa Claus will be here tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Why is she speaking English?

It may be because it is a language they both understand. I have a friend from France who met a girl from Germany when he went to school in Scotland. I ask him how they communicated and he said, "English of course!"

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bitsforbytes
reply to post by JIMC5499

It;s a place that you probably know nothing about and you judge behind your computer screen like you know something about the world. Listen up little boy, I attack you because you can defend yourself ! You attack them without them knowing. Go to their village and say what you just said to their face alone if you have half the balls that little girl has.

You fail!

I was there in 1983. UN Peacekeeping.
edit on 20-7-2012 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

SHE IS A LIGHT* AND IF THEY LISTEND TO HER THEY WOULD BE MUCH SAFER DURING JUDGMENT DAY AND DURING THEIR TIME OF WEIGHING THEIR HEARTS AGAINST THE FEATHER OF MATT!

I GOT LOVE FOR HER FOR STANDING UP LIKE THAT - HER VOICE SPIRIT IS MORE POWERFUL THEN 12x12 GUNS, HER LIGHT* IS SUPPORTED BY THE LIGHTS* OF SOL AND VENUS. The children are HOPE for this species. powerful vid OP POWERFUL. not a side taker either but DO SEE IGNORANCE. I wonder how long ago she was sent and returned to have so much SPIRIT ALREADY. My swords of LIGHT are with her.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yes indeed. I will remember this child (Jana or is it Nabi?)) for a very long time. I hope she is well wherever she might be. If anyone had some more info on her, perhaps from arabic sources translated into english, I would highly appreciate it. Her message, however childish it may appear deserves a greater audience.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

YES, God Bless Jana for her supports over there and ALL* the children caught up in the middle of adults with weapons acting like kids ignoring the children around them, SHE is STRONG.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I want all of you here to note well the fact that the only complainers about this beautiful brave young woman seen below are the Israeli/Jew lovers - the pro-Zionist's - the neoCon right wingers who want to see continued support for aparteid israel and their murderous barbaric ways in the Middle East....................actually the term aparteid is not correct - more to NAZI

Note well how the armed Jew/Nazi's ignore her plea - her questions - Do you know why? No conscience!!! Nazi/Jews do not know how to respond to persons with such character and integrity as this young woman so courageously demonstrates - and right in their faces too........brave girl vs cowardly IDF .........hah ......what a spectacle those brave "soldiers" are!!!

BTW - why does it matter so much to you Nazi lovers here if she was 'prompted' or not? So what if her mother encouraged her to speak out against the unjust oppressor!!!!!! Even IF it were true (which it might NOT be) SO friggin WHAT????

edit on 20-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I asked that myself.

Can you say 'Staged'

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The girl wouldn't be speaking English, it would be Arabic. most people, unless they've had some sort of special education or bilingual parents wouldn't be speaking English in an area like.

And if the soldiers were the monsters the people are trying to portray them as, they would do something about the little girl instead of just running from them.

And it's still a shame that the parents would hide behind a little girl. That's what they're really doing. If they were so brave why don't they confront the Israeli soldiers themselves instead of sending their little girl?

I feel sorry for that little girl.

Edit:

Also, it's easy to be brave in front of people who won't fight back or do anything to you.

And that is not true bravery.

edit on 20-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Propaganda or not, that little girl is right and you guys know why? Because to many lives have been destroyed already and hatred has been created for political reasons in that area. Anybody that thinks all Jewish people around the world agree with the politics in Israel is plain wrong. My very best friends, who are Jewish actually told me more than once, they would never ever move to Israel from Europe exactly for this specific reason : Injustice done to local Palestinian people.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
She keeps looking back down the road as if for a signal to keep it up. Why you coming why you coming over and over is all I heard. If she didn't have the head bandana displaying flag colors it might have seemed more spontaneous instead of a harassing tactic used by the locals against posted soldiers.
If a combat incident happened while she was there, it would have been used as propaganda against the soldiers if she was harmed instead of the perpetrators who sent her there in harms way. She is just a piece of used human meat, which is the only sad thing I see from this.

edit on 20-7-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

6 is much to young to be able to form your own "convictions". She is obviously sent there by her parents and told what to say, or simply parroting the slogans and speeches she has heard elsewhere. Not surprising, Palestinians have been known to strap bombs to their children in order to make them martyrs or collect fees from Hamas, Hezbollah and more.

And yes, why does she speak english? Obvious propaganda to make the Palestinians look good and the Israelis as the demons so many people think they are.

edit on 20-7-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Dont look now, your agenda is showing!

At first, i more or less bought your line on feeling sympathetic for a young girl with a rough life. You overlook the fact that she is being fed these lines and audibly told to "speak up". So, she is only doing what her elders want her to do. Reguardless of these facts, i believed you felt sorry for her. Then you make this post:

Originally posted by johncarter
Here is another poor girl that lost both her parents, interviewed by Sky 1. I am not interested to judge IDF or even the most remote political decisions leading to the death of her parents, brought forth in such a direct and heartbreaking language, by this girl.

And then proceed to post a second video of another Palestinian girl.

You could have chosen any video of any girl anywhere in the world suffering, but you chose one of another Palestinian. Why not a suffering Kurd? Hard done by Sudanese? Perhaps a Jew who lost someone to a suicide bomb?

Naw. That wouldnt suit your agenda.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join