It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: How Many Have Switched from Extraterrestrial Hypothesis to Interdimensional?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well, given our understanding of time and space, it's more plausible an advanced race would travel via some 'dimensional portal', than an impossibly long, linear path through space.

So, I guess, I too have to raise my hand in favour of "Interdimensional".

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
OP,

i am entirely with you there, we seem to have the same background.

Reading Jacques Vallee and similar really makes one think (likely some of the most intelligent, fascinating "UFO books" out there) - and it's also amazing how all this in some way ties together if we look at the AA theory plus old/ancient scriptures.

The "ET" and visitor theory is simply too easy, almost "too rational", trying to make a theory for something which, all too often, is not "logical/rational" in any way whatsoever. There are way too many spiritual elements and abstruse/non-sensical elements in many reports - all this speaks against the ET theory.

Then of course we have mathematical chances etc. as well.

Short: "Visitors" do not come here from other star system/galaxies and then behave in the way they are reported to, there is deeper meaning behind that.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hey you! :-)

Love the thread and comments!

Aliens? I believe we are not alone and there are many life forms we cannot see due to the life we chose to live in this dimension.

Other life forms exist and although I cannot see them, they still exist.....

In other dimensions.

The question I ask myself is .....

By law ( universal) How did they manage to break through into our dimension ( technology ?) and why is it some are not able to see them while others are?

Also, if we are to evolve as spirit beings then I think we would have to genuinly love our neighbor as thyself so we can at least show we are evolving into loving beings that love and accept the differences in the human being first and foremost. Until then, how is our race supposed to get along and love something thats..... Out of this world? Lol just thinkin....

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
To me, inter-dimensional and extra-terrestrial is just too basic.

Sure, they could both exist.

Inter-dimensional is often a term that is misused, misunderstood and applied in the wrong way.

Extra-terrestrial is pretty much understood correctly by everybody.

I propose that there could be even deeper, further and more complicated visitors.

For instance, we could be witnessing creations of our own mind made real. Think of it as if you have unconsciously tapped into the 'god' element of your being, and have made a split-second of your own imagination become physical, even if there was no reason for you to be thinking about it at the time.

If it was witnessed by other people, I guess it could be called a multi-solipsistic manifestation.

I could go on, but you all get the gist of my idea.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Good day and Thank you for encouraging my morning thought processes to switch back into it's useful configuration

whether you choose to view our planet as a lab beaker or the planetary zoo.....

I would have to say we are experiencing visitations by both space traveling and inter-dimensional beings..
Their location of origin along with their level of development almost certainly plays a big part in how they reach us...

edit on 15-7-2012 by wutz4tom because: morning slowness

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Great video here that explains first hand experience with extra-dimensionals as opposed to the long hoped and wished for aliens and spaceships crowd.

Skip to the 12 minute mark if you are too impatient to watch the whole 20+ minute interview.

edit on 15-7-2012 by poppycock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I just have one question.

Why not both?

Exactly! As I have wandered my little corner of Mother Earth one very true thing that I have found is that existence of any nature is very rarely "either/or".

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My biggest complaint against the extraterrestrial hypothesis is that it preceded the sightings of flying saucers. There was talk about life on other worlds, a lot of which centered on Mars (about which there was this book and radio play of some notoriety). When saucers were seen and could not be explained, vehicles from other planets were considered as possible explanations. As secret terrestrial military vehicles were eliminated as suspects, some Air Force investigators were left thinking ET was the answer, but not because of supporting evidence.

The inter-dimensional origin also precedes UFOs. There was a lot of mystic beliefs about otherworldly intelligences from across different dimensions, and like space travel, there was plenty of fiction about it. George Adamski and the Borderland Sciences Research group are among those that happily made the transition from spirits to saucers.

Both explanations are of equal scientific validity (near zero). There is more anecdotal evidence and witness testimony supporting the ET brand, but then, it is the one most covered in the media and fiction and familiar to the public. Whatever your pet theory is on UFOs, you should study them in such a way that you are not discounting data just because it doesn't seem to fit the package. Whatever the phenomenon is, it may be so complex that it is alien to our present understanding of reality. It might also be far closer to nothing at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
How many have gone from believing in E.T. to interdimensional to believing it is all........nonsense? Just people making stuff up? I, like many of you, believed strongly in the ETH as a child. I loved to read books about ufo sightings and alien encounters and listen to Hoagland talk about the "structures" on Mars and elsewhere. Learning about the S.E.T.I project as a child and project blue book blew my mind...you mean adults believe in this stuff too!? WOW! I even have my own sighting that occurred when I was 15( check out sig link) After years and countless books from authors like John Mack, David Jacobs, and the other "lets just believe everything that people say" abduction crowd, to authors like Jacquees Vallee, John Keel, and Ivan T. Sanderson, all of which I believe have done an EXCELLENT job at really digging into the subject and proposing many interesting and creative ideas as to what is going on. I think the first person to really introduce the "Interdimensional hypothesis" was John Keel in his book "UFO: Operation Trojan Horse" copyright 1969 (look him up on scribd.com for all his books for free!) pg 55, "Let us assume that UFOs exist at frequencies beyond visible light but
that they can adjust their frequency and descend the electromagnetic
spectrum just as you can tum the dial of your radio and move a variable
condenser up and down the scale of radio frequencies. When a UFO's
frequency nears that of visible l ight, it would first appear as a purplish
blob of violet. As it moves farther down the scale, it would seem to change
to blue, and then to cyan (bluish green) . In our chapter on meteors we
note that they most often appear as bluish-green objects ." pg 56 "Our glowing objects change color, size and form, and this fact indicates
that they are comprised of energy which can be manipulated to temporarily
simulate terrestrial matter. Such energies must be somehow collected
together at the invisible frequencies, and then frequency changes are
brought about to "lower" them into the visible spectrum. Once they
become visible, they can then organize themselves into atoms and produce
any desired form." He concludes that the entities are an intelligent form of energy that can traverse the electromagnetic spectrum and control how they appear to humans. They are one and the same as the fairies/demons/trickster spirits of old. He goes through a lot of trouble in that book to disprove the eth and propose the interdimensional intelligent energy theory. I think he does a good job. He is clearly familiar with a lot of history and science and....theosophy. He concludes pg. 268"We need to know much more about the human mind and how it is
linked up to the greater source. We must study the process of confabulation
(falsification of memory) which produces the majority of our UFO
landing and contact stories and demonological events. These victims
genuinely believe that they have met splendid space beings, but as
Goddard stated, they have really encountered "denizens" who "are eager
to exemplify principalities and powers. " In my field work I have developed
interviewing techniques which separate the confabulations from the
real experiences. It can be done. But" a large part of the UFO lore is based
entirely on confabulations. The elementals or ultraterrestrials are somehow able to manipulate the
electrical circuits of the human mind. They can make us see whatever they
want us to see and remember only what they want us to remember. Human
minds that have been tuned into those super-high-frequency radiations,
described early in this book, are most vulnerable to these manipulations.
Discovering and understanding this process should be given top priority." Dr. Layne tried to express his ideas in occult terminology. He called
the ultraterrestrials the Etherians and thought in terms of "ultrasonics" as
well as electromagnetic frequencies. In 1955 , he published a concise (and
time has proven it valid) appraisal of the situation in which he stated: "It
is possible that some persons may be less affected by supersonic frequencies
than others; this may account for the selection of certain persons by
the Etherians. It is also possible that some such persons are now showing
signs of amnesia and other physical and mental deterioration . .." Electro-magnetic hypersensitivity disorder. The book by Albert Budden "Electric UFOS" reads like a technical manual, but is very informative about this very real disorder and how people can be incredibly effected by EM fields, including intense hallucinations, sense of fear, disorientation....He claims that modern ufo sightings are largely due to the mass amount of EM devices being used on this world messing with peoples heads....basically. From the powerful transmitters being used for cell phones to the militaries communications...HAARP anyone? Any ways perhaps I am just a bit dissapointed considering we are in the midst of an intense "flap" lately and I haven't seen one in ten years!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I have experienced both. But the interdimensional species far outnumber the off worlder's who travel here as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Universal law as in some council deciding things? Or universal law as in the rigid division of the dreamschool?
There isn't a rigid division like some think.

What I was shown is flower strewn arches and gateways to the eutopias and wonderful progressed worlds that await us when we learn to be kind to each other and loving, to be good to our families, neighbors and friends, to not follow bad orders, and STO not STS. And then below us was what was akin to a black hole, or the gateway to the winterlands. Where we were was all waves, maleable and like clay in the Higher Ups hands, not real as everything else is, a dream scape, a barrier in between the two polarities.

Its also like being inserted into an infinite inwards television set with infinite channels.

They're not rigidly separate.

Allignments of stars, words, frequencies, intentions can open portals. But others have always had some access here, access downwards always, takes place (and the duality exists for levels higher than here still, so there can be negatives operating from different time/frequency channels, just out of sight to us, but we're moving in slow mode to them). But the natural rules governing creation vary from system to system, and the whole universe is different realms, a giant collage of different frequencies and "timezones".

True Higher Ups can just locate the clip in the film anywhere and portal in. The other side, has a few more powerful ones that also can portal in.

Also, Universal Laws are not necessarily Laws, as in the councils ideas. There are Virtues of Not Harming, that Higher Ups follow. Most laws are fascist and therefore harm.

Universal laws, or rules for organizing the so called matter in the dream scape vary from solar system to solar system, star to star. Each star is different size, relating to the consciousness of the students or inhabitants. Star are crystal mirrors, input systems, parent to their solar system, also reflecting the light of the souls in the systems.

The Universe is a collage of different things, not homogenous. Different time programs, No Time, and different grades of consciousness, and even different polarities to a certain level.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
me thinks it could be both, even a combination of the two in some cases

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

The disposition of the extraterrestrial question from the physical, nuts and bolts conception to one of mere ethereal dimensions, represents a common human thought filtering process that goes back to ancient religion and superstitions.

Amazingly, two physicists, Dr Allen J. Hynek and Jacques Fabrice Vallée were the progenitors of this modern form seemingly conceived of human religious doctrine, through which evidence has been laundered and adulterated.

The two actually worked together, even during Hyneks' tenure as head of Project Blue Book.

I honestly suspect their motives in producing such a fallacious connection with ambiguous human thought paradigms such as religion, mysticism and folklore.

But if its purpose was to misinform the general public, it certainly has done so, obviously at the behest of a government that holds certain hard evidence of extraterrestrial presence.

edit on 15-7-2012 by g2v12 because: grammer

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
My own view is that a sufficiently technologically advanced species could display all the signs that Vallee attributes to inter-dimensional entities. I think his theories fall down because his version of the ETH that he is arguing against assumes the visitors have a similar or only just greater level of technology as us. However, due to the age of the galaxy/universe it is much more likely that any species which arrived here would be unimaginably more advanced.

I'm not not even sure what is meant by 'coming from another dimension' or if such a thing is possible. However, I do know that other planets exist so for the meantime I still think the ETH is a better explanation.

My own favoured hypothesis is that the Earth is part of a (very) long time study being carried out by a species that long ago evolved into a machine intelligence. This intelligence has the ability to grow humanoid lifeforms suited to the local environment so it can interact with it.
edit on 15/7/2012 by MarrsAttax because: spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
There are more things in heaven and upon earth than in all your philosophy. You argue semantics. You argue which metaphor to use, which symbol. The answer is
All of the above. ( and then some you cannot even imagine)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here's what I think

ETs are not intelligent because they have higher IQs than humans but because they are much more connected spiritually. Since they were higher spiritually their intelligences followed.

I think it's both interdimensional and extraterrestrial. In a sense humans can be interdimensional as well when we meditate and astral travel. Once you learn the concept of infinity you soon realize that anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Wow, so many different--and excellent--thought processes here. It's interesting to see how many folk have come to accept both the ETH and IDH as part of their paradigm.

And there's nothing wrong with that mind you, it's just that the ufological subculture--that would be most of us here as it were--has come a looooong way in terms of personal philosophies.

Thank You, ALL for participating. I have found some great reading material here. I'm multi-tasking today, but I hope to respond to quite a few of your posts that either intrigued me, challenged my way of thinking, or demonstrated that you need some further schooling in your thought process by moi.

Only kiddin' on that last one....kind of.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by samaka
Here's what I think

ETs are not intelligent because they have higher IQs than humans but because they are much more connected spiritually. Since they were higher spiritually their intelligences followed.

I think it's both interdimensional and extraterrestrial. In a sense humans can be interdimensional as well when we meditate and astral travel. Once you learn the concept of infinity you soon realize that anything is possible.

On one of your points, I cannot associate a dependence of intelligence with spirituality alone, simply because of the understanding I have with the lack of connection they have.

I know so many spiritually oriented people, and must concede to the fact that most of them are far more ignorant and nihilistic than atheists by comparison or perhaps it is the definition that is amiss. Perhaps spirituality without doctrines constitutes a higher form.

In my opinion, the only connectivity between intelligence and spirituality might be found in the experience of quantum physics and the compassion of humanity.

But I think to reach that stage, man has to mature and take his environment seriously. At present we are using a primitive form of technocracy, which has created a cesspool of a planet.

edit on 15-7-2012 by g2v12 because: grammer

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Believe what you want but extraterrestrial and interdimensional are one and the same thing, that makes them out of this world, out of this dimension and by definition they are not from the Earth. Even if they change dimensions they can be living in a place outside the Earth in their dimension...

So tell me how does believing in dimension and thinking and being certain without proof that this dimension is also on Earth make you any correct?

Why would you think someoen cannot be both from another dimension and at the same time not from Earth? Wait. Is it even possible to be from another dimension and not extraterrestrial?? ...

You are:

A,. Thinking there are such beings at all
B.. Thinking that they are just in some light or ethereal form but are just hanging around in our sky and never been anywhere else but our sky,

Where have i read that before? IN THE BIBLE!

So what are you trying to do? Make another thread about religion in a forum for unidentified objects... So again you are trying to defend that the the situation is exactly as described in the Bible and nothing different - how typical for a believer to defend your book's claims

I've had enough of that, such believers in religion are starting to annoy me real hard. I hate someone trying to force his belief as a truth or MAKE RELIGIOUS PROPAGANDA as this thread is doing

Are you participating in some religious SECT?

Propaganda about religion Must Be Banned Here! Stop religious propaganda, stop talking about demons or similar religious things in this forum
edit on 15-7-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by g2v12
reply to post by The GUT

...The two actually worked together, even during Hyneks' tenure as head of Project Blue Book.

I honestly suspect their motives in producing such a fallacious connection with ambiguous human thought paradigms such as religion, mysticism and folklore.

But if its purpose was to misinform the general public, it certainly has done so, obviously at the behest of a government that holds certain hard evidence of extraterrestrial presence.

Hmmm...Hynek & Vallee as governmental disinfo agents dispatched to inculcate the IDH to hide the governments knowledge of an extraterrestrial presence.

I dunno g2v12, it's possible in the crazy conspiracy world that we live in and that now lives in our minds lol, but you'd have to develop the concept in a way to show the effectiveness and need for such a deception.

It is true that Hynek was somewhat involved in state sponsored disinfo in the early days. Encouraged to deny the reality of the phenomenon.

And both men, especially Dr. Vallee, have worked in uber-secret projects within the gubmint that probably require a lifetime of secrecy.

And then there is Jacques' fascination with the concept of how cults--especially ufo cults--are started and his further seeming interest in what we refer to today as Memes. (I do have some suspicions in regards to the Meme aspect, but they don't include Vallee making the IDH up from nothing. No, methinks he's a true-believer.)

I'm not buying it at this point, for many different reasons, but I guess a case could be made to some degree. It might make an interesting thread should you decide to pursue it and try to cobble a theory together.

Thanks for playing. Star for being bratty enough to go there even without the intellectual impetus to kick it thru the goal posts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join