It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia PhD in Ancient History destroys Christianity and Jesus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by NotReallyASecret

Thanks. Guess I should have worn my glasses while watching it. He looked young to my eyes.
Corrected.
edit on 7/10/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

I reckon you are but a kid yourself. 18-19? Am I right?

Christianity has been adapted/developed as a political tool of manipulation and
is ultimitely a scaffold for Empire building, to be discarded and destroyed when
it has served it's purpose, and when the time comes (which won't be long now).

The West is being destroyed, as the Seats of Power move to the East.
The Roman Empire didn't fall. It just too a back seat.

The bible is an encoded battle plan.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

I reckon you are but a kid yourself. 18-19? Am I right?

Flattery will get you everywhere.

Christianity has been adapted/developed as a political tool of manipulation and
is ultimitely a scaffold for Empire building, to be discarded and destroyed when
it has served it's purpose, and when the time comes (which won't be long now).

The West is being destroyed, as the Seats of Power move to the East.
The Roman Empire didn't fall. It just too a back seat.

The bible is an encoded battle plan.

My friend, you must be new here. Welcome to ATS. Be seeing you around.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
Just read historians during that time who did not mention Jesus specifically, but wrote of other events and people. That period was full of false messiahs, gurus, philosophers, and teachers. You know, sort of like all periods of history before and since.

Actually, that would support the case of Christ -- in a sea of similar claims, why would a casual historian write about him specifically, until his following grew to the point that Christianity rose above the rest, which is exactly what happened. Josephus, if one removes the obvious forged words, remarks on the Christian movement, but doesn't pay it much mind because, while it was of note his age, it wasn't much more than a minor Jewish sect.

I get a kick out of people who expect that there should be Roman documentation of Christ's life. In the Internet Age, when people tirelessly document what they had for lunch, what Adele song they're listening to and their last bowel movement, that might be a reasonable expectation, but to think that First Century Rome would know about a minor Rabbi in the generally troublesome backwater of Palestine is a bit laughable.

I'm just of the opinion that the character Jesus' story has been blown far out of proportion for absolutely no reason at all.

How does something get "blown far out of proportion" for no reason? First Century Christians obviously thought that there was something to him, and to say that the Church grew from 12 Apostles to the billions that it is today for no reason at all is not rational.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
I assure you when an invisible eternal being visits you at a NDE and says in an audible voice "I am Jesus..believe in Me and you will never perish" (obviously above all authority and immortal) all other name arguments fail.

We Buddhists have much better visions and bardo experiences even today as of 2012.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
to be honest i feel like they both bring up good points and neither one of these men should be fully discounted.

my personal opinion is that the stories of Jesus were probably twisted when the religion was gotten a hold of by the Romans. There is no way to fully know what is true and what is false. but i certainly think many things in it could've possibly been butchered by those bending it for an agenda.

the romans after all, would need a religion that would stick, and one that the people could identify with. were things in it changed to better suit the roman people? in my opinion, probably so. it seems logical an empire wanting to bring itself under one religion would do such a thing for the glory of rome.
edit on 11-7-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: spell

edit on 11-7-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: spell

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

A PhD can be earned by anybody...whether he/she is atheist or christian or muslim or scientologist or whatever.

If a religious dude on ATS posts a video of a religious PhD holder on here.... would you buy it because the video involves a guy with a PhD?

If not.... why should religious folk pay serious attention to this "Columbia PhD"???

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

A PhD can be earned by anybody...whether he/she is atheist or christian or muslim or scientologist or whatever.

If a religious dude on ATS posts a video of a religious PhD holder on here.... would you buy it because the video involves a guy with a PhD?

If not.... why should religious folk pay serious attention to this "Columbia PhD"???

Its not about any one man.

Its about the arguments and evidence presented.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Jesus is nothing but an updated version of the myth about Horus the Egyptian God. Just like the story of Moses is nothing but Sumerian mythology.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret

Originally posted by RomeByFire

Jesus is not real:

www.youtube.com...

Skip to 28:00
edit on 10-7-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

Wow, what a compelling argument. It took me some time to read through your post, it's pretty long. Shorten it up a bit next time.

Seriously though, this influx of random (and old) YouTube videos that people claim to be "proof" is freakin' annoying. Especially when all that's posted is a link to a video. That's it. Period.

Care to elaborate on the video at all, maybe summarize it? No, you're just going to throw the link out there and say "skip to here?"

Ridiculous. Have a good one but I have some serious doubts that you've find anything worthwhile.

Want a summary?

The Gospels are 100% constructed myth.

Who told/convinced you of this? You have not been around long enough to know if any of the words you say are absolutly true. So, take your 100% and put it back in your pocket, right next to the orajel.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Proverbs 13:20

He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Jesus is nothing but an updated version of the myth about Horus the Egyptian God. Just like the story of Moses is nothing but Sumerian mythology.

No, they aren't.

Ending the Myth of Horus

"Zeitgeist" is the "Dan Brown" of this generation, lol.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

The historicity of Jesus is well established.

Really? Where?

I never read about him in any of historical books.

They were more then one documentary trying to establish existence of Jesus, and guess what - none of them did that.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

No, they aren't.

Ending the Myth of Horus

You should read comments on blog made by someone who apparently don't know much about Egyptian Mythology before giving it as proof of anything.

Linky

I love this part at the end...

How can you not look at this www.cuttingedge.org... and with a straight face say this isn’t “Sun God Worship”

edit on 11-7-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

link   

To sit on a bench, or pont ... and debate people's belief system, is utterly rediculous. Stupid beyond belief.

link   

Originally posted by adjensen

No, they aren't.

Ending the Myth of Horus

Forget about Zeitgeist which indeed is nonsense. And your right, Jesus wasn't modelled on Horus.

Jesus was modelled on Dionysus.

Look up Greek god Dionysus. Jesus is pretty close to him. You drink Christ in the eucharist, just like pagans drank Dionysus. Dionysus is the son of Zeus and a mortal woman. Dionysus dies and comes back. In one classic play, you have Dionysus hauled in front of a magistrate. Etc. Etc.

P.S. I studied enough classic myth in college to earn a minor in it.
edit on 11-7-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

From what I've read and looked into , popular belief is that Noah was a Sumerian, I can find the corresponding references if need be. would that be why Moses or the story of Moses came from Sumerian text?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Forget about Zeitgeist which indeed is nonsense. And your right, Jesus wasn't modelled on Horus.

Not according to this:

Horus was the “Only begotten son of the God Osiris” Cant deny it, take your fingers out of your ears.

Jesus was the “Only begotten son of Yehovah (in the form of the Holy Spirit)” True?

Horus’s mother was “MERI” which is the “Nature goddess aspect” of “Isis” or “Isis-Meri”, you see each god or goddess in the Kemetic religion are all aspects of many others, even though there are 1000s of Egyptian Gods they are ALL forms, attributes or phases of Ra, the solar god, who himself was the supreme symbol or metaphor for God….Horus, the son of Osirus and Isis, is himself an aspect of Ra.”

The mother of Jesus is “Miriam” (a.k.a. Mary).

The foster father of Horus was Seb, the Earthly father

Jesus had an Earthly father named Joseph, Both of which were of “Royal decent”

Horus was born “In a cave”.

Jesus was born “In a cave or stable” depending on which fairytale you believe.

Horus was Heralded by the Star “Sirius” and witnessed by “3 solar deities”

Jesus by “A Star in the East” Sirius which just so happens to be the Brightest star in the East that rises at dawn, imagine that.
The “3 Wise men” BTW are the 3 stars on “Orions Belt” The title of these 3 stars for 1000s of years was “The 3 Kings of Orion” DOH!
You like all Christians cant seem to get it into your head that ALL of the Bible is an Astrological Story therefore you cant see the obvious, well basically you refuse to see the obvious.

Horus birth date, Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice (typically DEC 21-22) though Dec 25th being the date that the SUN begins to “rise again”.

Jesus Birth date is recognized as Dec 25th, The date was chosen to occur on the same date as the birth of Mithra, Dionysus and the Sol Invictus (unconquerable Sun), etc. Hmmm why would Christians chose such a date I wonder? Sun God comes to mind.

Lets see, “Death threat while an infant” Horus got this good news from Herut which tried to have Horus murdered.

Jesus received the same threat from Herod. even the names of “Herut & Herod” are amazingly similar dont you think? Take note also since we KNOW Herod died in 4 BCE that Christians had to do what? Yep simply shifted dates of the alleged birth to “make it fit”.

What did each Mother do? Horus: A God tells Horus’ mother “Come, thou goddess Isis-Meri, hide thyself with thy child.”

Jesus mother Miriam/Mary :An angel tells Jesus’ father to: “Arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt.”

Each had a “rite of passage” ritual.
Horus came of age with a special ritual, when his eye was restored, his age? “12”!

For Jesus, Taken by parents to the temple for what is today called a bar mitzvah ritual, his age? Why “12” of course. Hence is when they BOTH “came of age”

Now between the ages of 12-30 BOTH Horus & Jesus there is absolutely NOTHING written pertaining to either one during these years they BOTH basically disappeared. Hmmmmm

Horus was Baptized in the river “Eridanus”. This is actually a Constellation called Eridanus that looks like a river in the sky.

Jesus Baptized in the river Jordan.

Horus baptized by “Anup the baptiser”.

Jesus baptized by “John the Baptist”

What happened to BOTH these mythical baptisers?
Yep BOTH “Beheaded”

Both Jesus & Horus went through a “Temptation” at the exact same time in their lives.
Horus: Taken from the desert of Amenta up a high mountain by his arch-rival Sut. Sut (a.k.a. Set-An) was a precursor for the Hebrew Satan.

Jesus: Taken from the desert in Palestine up a high mountain by his arch-rival Satan. Anything similar here you think?

The result of BOTH those temptations? why they both “resist” of course.

as for the “Virgin Birth” you say there is nothing “virginal” about Isis-Meri conceiving Horus WITHOUT the “seed of the living father” I.E. Osirus was both DEAD and had no Penis, Isis-Meri made a dildo out of clay…..Mkay sounds just as “virginal” as some Holy Spirit coming down and Boinking Miriam/Mary to me. to each his own.

The “12 Disciples” of BOTH Heru/Horus & Jesus.

Well let me step on your feet, grab your neck /em *grabs neck* and biotchslap you till you bleed, LOL maybe just maybe then it might sink in to that thick virtually impenetrable wall of Cognitive Dissonance you like most Christians have built around your brain that BOTH, Heru/Horus & Jesus are what? SUN GODS!!.
The 12 Disciples are the 12 signs of the ZODIAC.!
DOH! Biotchslap, Biotchslap, biotchslap.

Horus, Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. He “stilled the sea by his power.” it was said about Horus.

Jesus, Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. He ordered the sea with a “Peace, be still” co....

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just to mention that link for above quote was provided already early, it is one of replies to above blog.

stupidevilbastard.com...-27306

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog

Not according to this:

There are 869 comments on that page, and you posted the sixth one. Did it not occur to you that a number of the 862 that followed it might refute some of those points? The one you did post came from D.M. Murdoch, and if you do a little digging, you'll learn that she is not a credible source on anything (not even her own background, lol) She's a self-promoting hack who uses sources known to be complete fabrications and is dismissed by both atheists and "Christ Mythologists".

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
Who told/convinced you of this?

Dr. Carrier did.
edit on 11-7-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join