It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans secretly racist?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
NO everyone is not racist, nope, why are some of you insisting this is true?

Because the definition of racist has been skewed to the point that anyone with any common sense is racist. If you notice and admit there are obvious differences, then that is enough to make you out as a racist.

Racist used to mean hateful, but it doesn't any longer. So, we are all in fact racist, unless we are mentally disabled and refuse to see there really are differences.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'm white.

Everyone is racist to some degree. You can claim the opposite but you know it's not true. Let's say you're white- go for a walk through a black or latino community, see how you get treated. I guarantee you'll be checking to make sure your wallet and purse are still there. Hell, I used to date a Vietnamese broad back in the day and her people HATED me because I was "white boy", I didn't care because she was hot and I got a kick out of angering her family.

My wife grew up in the middle of nowhere corn country, Illinois and the people there burned a cross on a white family's lawn because they ADOPTED outside of their race.

I worked for a boss who was black who openly admitted he didn't like white people because we "owned his people like farm equipment". When I pointed out that my family bloodline enslaved nobody as both sides arrived from Europe just before WW2, he laughed, said I was guilty by "color association" and stuck me with a shi!t detail. Big surprise there. Good thing I didn't mention that I thought the idea of reparations was retarded...

Now that I think of it, I am just a walking, talking white stereotype, no wonder half the world hates me and thinks I should pay reparations and bow down to diversity, right? I try not to vocalize my dislike of everyone else IRL (but online, everyone's tougher, amirite?), I own a home, two cars, have a high-paying job, raise my children with my wife, collect guns, go hunting, fishing and camping, play hockey, I don't play basketball or dance.

Yep, walking talking stereotype.

Maybe one day hundreds of years from now if we get to a Star Trek style utopia where we all work together and work for free- but I'm sure we'll just find something to hate eachother about. "HIS TOES ARE TOO LONG! HERETIC!!!"

It's in our nature to hate. Hence the thousands of years of war and apathy at suffering. No wonder the Engineers were ready to wipe us out in Prometheus. Oooo spoiler alert.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Dero because: Had moar to say than just "2nd line"

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Because the definition of racist has been skewed to the point that anyone with any common sense is racist. If you notice and admit there are obvious differences, then that is enough to make you out as a racist.

Racist used to mean hateful, but it doesn't any longer. So, we are all in fact racist, unless we are mentally disabled and refuse to see there really are differences.

Run that past me one more time.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dero

go for a walk through a black or latino community, see how you get treated.

I live in the hood.

edit on 013030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A black man robbed my friend at gunpoint at an ATM, a black man stabbed my friend in the arm when he was trying to break up a fight between our friends and a group of ghetto people that tried to crash a college party, multiple black people raped my brother's friend in jail..

Do I think white people are superior to black people? No, white people commit those crimes too. A person's niceness, intelligence, and criminal tendencies vary drastically from person to person regardless of their race.

If I see a black person who is dressed like a gang member and wearing a mean expression on their face am I going to stereotype them? Yes, I will stereotype the hell out of that person unless they show me that I'm wrong.

I'm sure for some black people they have similar experiences, someone could have called them a 'n-word', some white high school kids could have jumped their friend..etc.. so they make stereotypes of certain white people.

There's nothing wrong with stereotyping as long as you don't set it in stone immediately. Allow people a chance to prove you wrong.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This song says it all:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Seth Stephens-Davidowitz is a jew. Never trust a jew, especially not when he tells you you are a racist. There is no more racist people than the jew- Still, they keep lecturing everybody else how horrible they are.

The jew is ruining America.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well when he wins in November what then?

Cause he's going too.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
"secretly" haha...

I didnt know I was in on any secrets

~ Love is an art

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Run that past me one more time.

If you live in the hood, then you know there are drastic differences in culture. NOW, if you ADMIT that you know there are drastic differences in culture, then you are racist the way the term is defined these days.

I don't think you hate any particular race, and neither do I. We might not like certain aspects of the cultures, but we probably don't like certain aspects of our own culture and that doesn't equal hate. But these days, you don't have to be hateful to be called a racist, you just have to have eyes.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Spread the knowledge about the jew and their double standards on Israel and their apartheid regime and how they bash us for being racist is a good start:
www.rt.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If I don't go to Detroit to spend money and my reason for not going is is crime and corruption, I am a racist.

If I say a politician like the former mayor of Detroit is corrupt, I am a racist

If I don't vote for Obama because he IMO hates America, I am a racist.

I am a racist and I wear the label proudly. You don't like it? KMA...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
Yahoo recently ran an article suggesting that based on polls, numbers and analysis, Americans may secretly be racist. Most of the study focused on data from our most recent presidential election to current and bashed it against data prior to 2008.

In order to figure out whether racial bias affected Barack Obama's results in the 2008 presidential election, Seth Stephens-Davidowitz, a doctoral candidate in economics at Harvard University, passed over easy-to-manipulate surveys and looked at data from another source: online searches.

Are Americans secretly racist?

The guy leading the study, Seth Stephens-Davidowitz, Economic doctoral candidate at Harvard University, suggested the racial disparity in voting gave Obama's opponents clear advantages in many cases.

Though many people believe that our first African-American president won the election thanks in part to increased turnout by African-American voters, Stephens-Davidowitz's research shows that those votes only added about 1 percentage point to Obama's totals. "In the general election, this effect was comparatively minor," he concludes. But in areas with high racial search rates, the fact that Obama is African American worked against him, sometimes significantly.

And he ends with some ominous notes for the upcoming presidential election:

What does this mean for this year's contest? "Losing even two percentage points lowers the probability of a candidate's winning the popular vote by a third," Stephens-Davidowitz explains. "Prejudice could cost Mr. Obama crucial states like Ohio, Florida and even Pennsylvania."

Obama will be in for a rough ride come November 2012.

People are racist by nature. This is further inflamed amongst whites when they see minorities getting preference over them in lands created by them and their ancestors. It's the ultimate slap in the face and will only get worse with time.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

secretly racist

Secretly Huh !

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Another factor may be an interesting comment I read. It stated Americans define themselves by race considering the various races and cultures that marked the history of the country as compared to Europeans who defined themselves as nations with their more homogenous populations. Race has always been a more pronounced and sensitive issue in the U.S..

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dero

I'm white.

Everyone is racist to some degree. You can claim the opposite but you know it's not true. Let's say you're white- go for a walk through a black or latino community, see how you get treated. I guarantee you'll be checking to make sure your wallet and purse are still there. Hell, I used to date a Vietnamese broad back in the day and her people HATED me because I was "white boy", I didn't care because she was hot and I got a kick out of angering her family.

Youre speaking in sweeping generalizations. I'm white. White as hell in fact,albino even.
Ive lived in a hood for most of my life. The area was bad enough to be featured on spike tv's "gangland" in fact. I never once walked around and got insulted or called out because i was white. Ran into some trouble occasionally there but there was nothing to conclude i was singled out because of my race.

Originally posted by DeroIt's in our nature to hate. ]

Sure but some of us place our hatred on an individual not a whole group.

I dont hate different ethnic backgrounds because im such and enlightened compassionate being. I do so because theres no sense in it and im certainly not one to let emotion cloud my common sense.

As i said i ran into trouble living in a crime riddled area with colored people. I even had a gun pulled on me.
In that case i blame the persons parents for failing to properly raise their child and i blame the individual for the actions they chose to take. Their race however has no logical function behind why they did what they did.
edit on 13-6-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am worse than a racist – surely I can find reasons to dislike people before I even consider their race. Its better know as ‘not having to like and or put up with idiots’. I am a self-proclaimed characterist...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

By stating blacks are a different race your implying that they aren't part of the human race? Thats racist!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Quark

Homo sapiens is a genus and species, not a race.

Are you denying there are genetic differences between blacks, whites, hispanics, asians, etc.?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Not that I've ever noticed. They seem to be pretty open about it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join