It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring on the Gay Boy Scouts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Wildbob77

What makes you think that "gay scouting" would be any different than straight scouting?
Gay people don't want their own version of things, they want to participate in things the rest of us do.

The badges:
Gay camping, Gay fishing, Gay craftsman, Gay scientist Gay handyman, Gay communicator, Gay family man, i could go on!

Source

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Gay children? Straight children?

What's wrong with you people?
Children aren't suppose to take part in sex at all...

They should be celibate until they are legally old enough to decide for themselves.

Thus revealing the folly of this entire discussion.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

What makes you think that "gay scouting" would be any different than straight scouting?

Let US hope it would be different, or else:

Gay people don't want their own version of things, they want to participate in things the rest of us do.

Can they? Could be some if not science facts, then some traffic obstacles:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Wow! And the answer was so simple!
Thanks.

reply to post by muzzleflash

1. Being gay isn't about having sex any more than being straight is.
2. Some kids know very young which gender they are attracted to.
3. Scouts can be 20 years old.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

Then you just haven't listened. A marriage contract is a two-party legal contract. Not three party, not four party, etc. Animals cannot enter into ANY legal contract, period. Children cannot enter into ANY legal contract, period.

This isn't rocket science, you are talking about a two-party legal contract. To be honest, what you are really talking about, is a two-party legal contract based solely on the sexual organs of those to parties.

It's about two people, and their sexual organs. Not three, or four, or five. Not dogs, not children. NOT rocket science.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Expressions of paternalistic contempt are not going to earn you any credibility at all. What they will do, on the other hand, is add yet another example of a consistent observation that I've made on this forum. Namely, that advocates of homosexuality are incapable of responding rationally to dissenting opinions, but instead are unable to resist the urge to indulge in various forms of mockery and ad hominem, which are fueled by unrestrained, negative emotions, rather than logic.

If I'm wrong, you will find that you can silence me far more effectively, by employing legitimate rational argument.

As in a person of any other group? ie. Christians, Muslims, Republicans, Democrats and omg, the list of organizations that cause divisions amongst humanity can go on and on....................

Everyone who believes strongly in ANY group, will continue to promote the things they want! Will they get it? Most likely not.

To single out people who are gay, is totally ridiculous! Every group does this, do they not?

Look at the threads on ATS that advocate taking sides! Hell, isn't it human nature to feel good that you find others who feel the same way that you do? Whether your cause has merit or not, you will most likely ALWAYS find someone who is as twisted/logical as you are!

I have to agree with those who have said that the Scouts are a private organization. Don't like it, make your own!
I quit facebook for a very similar reason. I was playing on their ballfield and I didn't like their rules! I didn't cry about it, I just deleted my account and found a new ballfield to play on! Pretty simple if you ask me!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I was surprised to read this from the Op as a Beaver Scout leader myself (they are 6 - 8 year olds), I have seen positive encouragement of gay / lesbian in the UK from scouts - with adverts for the Gay Pride. Indeed the article contradicts the Ops initial assertion. There is even a LGBT Team

For my own opinion, I only have the kids an hour a week and they are simply too young and the subject is too thorny for me to talk anything about any sort of sexuality (although I believe that this subject is now taught in schools at a young age). So I will stick with putting up tents and making wormeries instead.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Oh who gives a #. If they don't want gays in boy scouts its there choice right or wrong.
how young do you know you prefer same sex any way? I know i didn't know i was straight untill i learned that there was such a thing as gay like when i was 13 lol.

If there that much support for it then letthem make there own boy scouts.
I hate how much people care about stupid # like sexually orientation you'd think as a society we would be over this petty stuff already.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Keeping this debate ongoing, for the sake of a word, is really really really stupid, on both sides of the aisle.

The bigger problem though is that people make too much money off this fight. The gay activists who fight for marriage equality and the conservative groups ( or others) that fight against it.

This has always been about money after both sides realized they could rake in millions, if not billions in support every year to pad their pockets.

~Tenth

Honestly - you believe this is all there is to this? Do you have any idea what this means to so many people - real people with real lives and hearts and dreams and desires?

And you think it can all be waved off as being just about money?

has every fight for equal rights been about money - or just this one?

I feel a little sadder tonight for having read this - seriously

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Why did them "Coloreds" have to eat at the same restaurants and use the same drinking fountains?

Do you people even read the crap you type? Seriously, others gaining the same rights you have always had does NOT diminish your existence.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You realize I hope that the scouts include up to 18 year olds.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
YO PEOPLE YOU NEED TO READ MY COMMENT HERE

Originally posted by bokonon2010

by Mary Elizabeth Williams, Salon
Posted on June 11, 2012

So you’re an organization that “builds character and trains [young people] in the responsibilities of participating citizenship.” Naturally, that means you practice institutionalized discrimination. Maybe it’s time to rethink a few things, Boy Scouts of America.

That the Boy Scouts refuse to offer membership to LGBT individuals is nothing new – they’ve been expressly prohibited from participating in the Scouts for over 20 years, on the grounds that “homosexual conduct is inconsistent with those values” the group wishes to instill. Since then, the right of the Scouts to be exclusionary has been thrashed about, tested and challenged, always unsuccessfully.

www.alternet.org...

Why not to organize Gay Scouts or LGBT Scouts instead? Can they just leave alone US scouts boys and girls?
edit on Mon Jun 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Jun 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

VERY IMPORTANT RIGHT HERE V

EXACTLY!!!?!?

why doesn't someone just open a new boy scouts (completely new and different)

for people who just happen to be gay?

just call them the gay scouts, where gay and lesbian or bi or whatever people go to be scouts and stuff, without any discrimination what so ever!

then everyone would be happy.

boy scouts is clearly an organization that wants to do things "their way" and nobody should keep bothering them and trying to force them to do things in a way they don't want.

what there needs to be- is simply someone needs to found the gay scouts.

then everyone can be comfortable and happy, and nobody is forcing anything on each other.

another topic i wanted to mention was gay marriage.

instead of trying to get "normal married" why don't they invent- literally, GAY marriage.

when straight people get married they can call it "straight marriage"

and when gay people get married they can call it "gay marriage"

its simple, and most people that respect other peoples freedom to seek happiness, shouldn't have any problems with it.

and eventually, people will get so used to the idea, that the lines will blur, and people will be more free and open minded and happy, and they will simply start calling it marriage again, except everyone will be at peace with everyone.

(i hope)
edit on 11-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
look anyone could enter the scouts but leave the sexual preference out of this,

kids are better off learning about the wilderness, not hear bragging and whining and complaining about being accepted about sexual preference

just let it go

it sounds too perverted to me when the LGBT keeps talking on and on about homo---sexuality *

pretty annoying i just don't care , if you wanna join , then join just stop with the sexuality talk.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

you get a star from me at least - for the story

I wonder if Brandon Morgan was a boy scout?
edit on 6/11/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Boy scouts always freaked me out

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

I totally agree SoymilkAlaska,

Just start up a LGBT Scouts and Guides - its a very simple solution. If people get upset, then tough, it will be a private organisation, they can do as they like (within the law).

Also, I don't get why the Scouts are making such a fuss in the first place - the very founder of the Scouts was a prolific paedophile anyway DUH!

edit on 12/02/1973 by Decronite because: Smiley in the wrong place...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q8igirl
look anyone could enter the scouts but leave the sexual preference out of this,

kids are better off learning about the wilderness, not hear bragging and whining and complaining about being accepted about sexual preference

just let it go

it sounds too perverted to me when the LGBT keeps talking on and on about homo---sexuality *

pretty annoying i just don't care , if you wanna join , then join just stop with the sexuality talk.

They will keep going on about being accepted about their sexual preference until the day comes that they are accepted and treated equally, where they won't need to go on about it dumbass

edit on 12/02/1973 by Decronite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0

Why did them "Coloreds" have to eat at the same restaurants and use the same drinking fountains?

Gays are not prevented from eating in the same restaurants or using the same drinking fountains as hetrosexual people. They never have been.

The Gay Pride Parade winds its way through the streets of downtown Vancouver Link

I wonder what proportion of parents would be happy to have any of these individuals in charge of their boy's scout group.

Really, the gay community is its own worst enemy at times.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

How can you destroy a society if the family is strong?

Gay marriage is nothing more than a NWO attempt to destroy the institution of family. After all, families create strong communities, and strong communities are enemy number 1 of the ruling elite.

The Manifesto of the Communist Party clearly indicates the intent to destroy the family. What better way than with the continual and constant promotion of a new form of family ? After all, according to the Community Manifesto by Karl Marx,

"Abolition of the family! Even the most radical get riled up about this shameful intention of the communists. What is the present family based on? On capitalism, the acquisition of private property. It exists in all of its meaning only for the bourgeoisie, but it finds its complement in the enforced lack of families of the proletarians and public prostitution. The family of the (41) bourgeois naturally falls by the way-side with this, its complement, and both will vanish when capitalism vanishes. Are you accusing us that we want to end the exploitation by parents of their children? We confess to that crime. But, you say, we abolish the closest relationships, by putting social education in place of the domestic one. And, isn't your education, too, determined through society? Through the social circumstances, within whose scope (42) you educate, through the direct or indirect involvement of society, by means of the education system, etc.? The communists are not inventing the influence of society on education, they are only changing its character, they tear education away from the influence of the ruling class. The common turns of speech about family and education, about the close relationships of parents and children become the more revolting the more as a result of burgeoning industrial development the family ties for the proletarian are torn apart and children are simply transformed into articles of trade and instruments of labour. But you communists want to introduce the community of women, the whole chorus of the bourgeoisie shouts into our face. The bourgeois sees in his wife nothing but an instrument of production. He hears that the instruments of production are to be exploited cooperatively and naturally can't think of anything else but that the lot of cooperativeness will also affect the women as well.

Now excuse me, I need to go and drop my kids off at state school.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join