It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant voter-suppression tactics at work in Wisconsin

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

None of those are rights guaranteed by the constitution. The right to vote is.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
You walk into your nearest DMV office and tell them you need a state identification card for voting purposes. They will wave the $7 (or what ever your state charges)
edit on 8-6-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

I am wheelchair bound and will not be walking into anywhere.
Further, I will have to take a day off of work, costing me a few hundred dollars in order to get to the DMV while it is open.

Try again.

Oh, and the fee is $86 not $7.
And so far the DMV says that they do not know you and are not sure why you are suggesting they waive that fee but they say feel free to feel ignored.
edit on 9-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You know what? We can sit here all day and do "What if's" (Remind me of when each of my children went through their "why" stages. Common sense isn't anywhere near any of their thought processes, nor their questions, and hence no common sense answer exists. Hmmm, much like here.)

Except we are all adult, I think? However, you all know EXACTLY what you are fighting for, the left's voting base. Their voting base is being threatened. The illegals, the dead, and the AKAs (also known as ____ and as_____ and as____ ).

We know it, too. Unfortunately, I (like may others) keep getting into these ridiculous arguments that will never be anything other than fictitious 90 yr old Southern dames with no identity. She has no identity because SHE DOESN'T EXIST.

Again, let us remember (and remind each other, from time to time) it's not a winning discussion. They want this discussion because they know how much we value our freedom, our constitution, and our country. They will use THIS to destroy us.

I can't WAIT for November!

edit on 9-6-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

The right to bear arms is a right guranteed by the constitution and i need an ID to buy a gun.So i guess that just shoots a big hole in your theory.(Pun intended) More to the point how does showing ID stop someone from voting since i can name everyday examples you need ID for.And if people dont need an ID to vote i dont think i should have to have ID to buy a gun do you have a problem with that?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

You walk into your nearest DMV office and tell them you need a state identification card for voting purposes. They will wave the $7 (or what ever your state charges)

Further, I will have to take a day off of work, costing me a few hundred dollars in order to get to the DMV while it is open.

Try again.

And so far the DMV says that they do not know you and are not sure why you are suggesting they waive that fee but they say feel free to feel ignored.

If you got a job you have ID the government requires it unless your working under the table or have a fake one like illegals use.Either way you could make more money getting a real job.And you also want to check on just the cost of an id most expensive i could find was 25.00 the cheapest state was 8.50. And states that require IDS to vote guess what there free. And in case you didnt know DMVS allways open up at least 1 saturday a month,So theres a whole bunch of holes in your story either you didnt know or your lying to us either way if you didnt know you probably want to check into it.

PS out of the 9 states that require photo id to vote i checked 3 and they have allowances for handicapped individuals i suggest you check with your state.Michigan,tennessee and texas will actually send someone to pick you up contact social services.
edit on 6/9/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Try again.

Taking a day off of work will cost you a few hundered dollars but you can afford an ID?
How did you gain employment without an ID?
Have you ever voted before?
Did you call your local office of Supervisor of Elections?
Try this link if all else fails true the vote

Am I missing something here?

Never mind!
This thread is glaring proof there is no intentional voter suppression.
I'm proud of Gov. Rick Scott and our Sec. Of State for standing firm in purging illegals, the dead, and those who vote twice! I also encourage others to help anyway they can to clean up this fraud. I'll be a poll watcher (again). Don't allow your vote and the votes of your family members to be cancelled out by criminals.
edit on 9-6-2012 by sweetliberty because:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You forgot one
If a cop ask you for ID you need to show it...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I know this has morphed into Voter-ID laws but has anyone found these suspected mailers that the OP suggested were sent out? Or was it referring to the mailers sent back in August of last year? If so, I call BS on the "blatant...tactics".

If it were blatant, than there would be evidence of such, otherwise someone doesn't know the definition of blatant.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Where?! Your "right" to vote isn't a Constitutional right because there is no Federal elections, only elections for Federal office. There is a distinction here and your "right" to vote is a State right and a right held by the People via the 10th and 9th Amendment respectively.

All elections for Federal office are State-wide elections and the Federal government has nothing to do with it minus the prerequisites prescribed in the Constitution pertaining to a particular office and amendments correcting societal norms that were prohibiting women and slaves (former and free) from voting.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Can you imagine what the brave souls had to go through while trekking through the backwoods country of no-mans land in search of people who ...uhmmm, who only shows signs of life in public during elections?

In all seriousness, having only a morsel of information on this made-up woman, there was people willing to engage in meaningful problem solving because people genuinely care and are happy to help.
All it took, for example, in my case, was a few phone calls on my part to realize there is no one, not the government rules and guidelines, nor the people on the other end of the call, blocking or repressing people from registering to vote.

I've come to realize there seems to be an unspoken pact or acceptance from the people who push their "repressive" agenda and similiar agendas.
I think there's a cardinal rule I wasn't aware of until now. It forbids any compromise whatsoever. Because to engage in any problem solving, critical thinking or acknowledgement would create to a degree, a lose of power and control. (?)
...be it hypocritical, imagined, or spun, at all cost, hold the ground. To accuse someone else of doing exactly what their doing, hence, the title of the opening post. To ignore all rules except the Cardinal Rule.
The only time they break their rule however, is when they inject guilt ie, "both parties..."
While that statement is true in many cases, it doesn't apply when they're creating imaginary problems but they know the well-meaning people can be distracted because they're busy chasing ghosts.
So, if that's true or near true, then these people are quite cunning and the well-meaning ignorant people (like me) deserve what we get.
:
Now I understand better why there's gridlock in Congress and protesters in Wisconsin crying the blues.

edit on 9-6-2012 by sweetliberty because: clarify

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

What are you people talking about?
How is this about one woman? Thousands of American Citizens are dealing with this right now in Florida. This is not even something that is in question. Even the governor of FL acknowledges this is happening to thousands of American Citizens.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

reply to post by sweetliberty

What are you people talking about?
How is this about one woman? Thousands of American Citizens are dealing with this right now in Florida. This is not even something that is in question. Even the governor of FL acknowledges this is happening to thousands of American Citizens.

Really are you sure i know florida had come up with two databasses so im guessing these thousands are who?In Florida 52,000 deceased voters were identified by comparing voter registration databases with the Social Security Administration’s databases containing information regarding deceased persons.And 180,000 voters who are potentially not U.S. citizens was developed by comparing voter registration databases to state driver’s license databases. Non-citizens can get driver’s licenses in Florida, but they are identified as such.

So removing dead people and illegals is votor supression right? Did you know to prevent problems in case the database was wrong they mailed out forms giving them 2 months to return it.So if they make a mistake you mail it in and go hey im not dead! Because we know soc sec office could make mistakes.Either way florida has stoped this untill after the election so really doesnt apply any more.:

PS Florida has a rare opportunity to see how many dead people actually vote since they have a list to compare and im sure theyll release it.
edit on 6/10/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
And 180,000 voters who are potentially not U.S. citizens was developed by comparing voter registration databases to state driver’s license databases.

I guess you missed the part where those "potentially not US citizens" keep turning out to be US citizens.

So removing dead people and illegals is votor supression right?

You cannot be this naive. They are removing living US citizens and that is suppression.
edit on 10-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

The right to bear arms is a right guranteed by the constitution and i need an ID to buy a gun.

The right to BEAR arms is not the same as the right to PURCHASE ARMS. You do not have a right to buy anything because there is no guarantee in the constitution that what you want will be sold. You can have all the guns you want. Make them yourself if you like. Buying them is not a right.

So i guess that just shoots a big hole in your theory.(Pun intended)

Not even a little. It is not a theory it is a fact.

More to the point how does showing ID stop someone from voting since i can name everyday examples you need ID for.And if people dont need an ID to vote i dont think i should have to have ID to buy a gun do you have a problem with that?

You can name all the crap you want. It does not make the argument for requiring ID to vote.

I have asked for someone to explain to me the type of voter fraud this will prevent. Give me one scenario. Why is that so tough to come up with? Why would you rather talk about buying guns?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

If you got a job you have ID the government requires it unless your working under the table or have a fake one like illegals use.

Really? What ID does the government require me to have to earn a living?

Either way you could make more money getting a real job.And you also want to check on just the cost of an id most expensive i could find was 25.00 the cheapest state was 8.50. And states that require IDS to vote guess what there free.

That is a flatout lie.

And in case you didnt know DMVS allways open up at least 1 saturday a month,So theres a whole bunch of holes in your story either you didnt know or your lying to us either way if you didnt know you probably want to check into it.

I work 6 days a week. Guess which one is my day off. So no, you have yet to find one hole.

PS out of the 9 states that require photo id to vote i checked 3 and they have allowances for handicapped individuals i suggest you check with your state.Michigan,tennessee and texas will actually send someone to pick you up contact social services.
edit on 6/9/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

What does that have to do with being able to get there?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
Am I missing something here?

Never mind!
This thread is glaring proof there is no intentional voter suppression.
I'm proud of Gov. Rick Scott and our Sec. Of State for standing firm in purging illegals, the dead, and those who vote twice! I also encourage others to help anyway they can to clean up this fraud. I'll be a poll watcher (again). Don't allow your vote and the votes of your family members to be cancelled out by criminals.
edit on 9-6-2012 by sweetliberty because:

Show me the fraud that is being stopped, prevented, etc.
I see lots of Americans being forced to jump through hoops in order to vote.
I am not seeing all these dead people and illegals that have been voting though.
Where is the fraud?
Who is voting twice?
Why are you on the right so #ing afraid of everything?
Muslims, atheists, brown people, middle eastern culture, black teenage males, fake voter fraud, terrorists on every corner, blah blah blah blah.
It must suck to constantly be in fear of things that are all in your head.

Unless you can come up with it?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

You forgot one

Why do you people make crap up?
There is no law against leaving your home without a photo ID.
What are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Where?!

Amendment 19.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You forgot one

By knowing the law . In Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, the Supreme Court upheld state laws requiring citizens to disclose their identity to police when officers have reasonable suspicion to believe criminal activity may be taking place. Commonly known as "stop-and-identify" statutes, these laws permit police to arrest criminal suspects who refuse to identify themselves.So currently 24 states require you to identify youeself upon police request so i think you owe him an apology.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You forgot one

By knowing the law . In Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, the Supreme Court upheld state laws requiring citizens to disclose their identity to police when officers have reasonable suspicion to believe criminal activity may be taking place. Commonly known as "stop-and-identify" statutes, these laws permit police to arrest criminal suspects who refuse to identify themselves.So currently 24 states require you to identify youeself upon police request so i think you owe him an apology.

Yep...

Except for extreme cases "why do you people" think that anyone can have a life in America without ID. I guess if you are totally off grid then maybe, but that is rather extreme.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join