It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupiers Claim PTSD Spreading Through Ranks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It shouldn't exactly be surprising that Occupy are starting to run into morale problems, given their treatment at the hands of the police, and the general lack of support on the part of the public.

They probably should have known that the struggle they are involved in, wasn't going to be over in a couple of weeks. They're really fighting something as open ended, in its' own way, as the War on Terror.

I can also understand the sense of hopelessness. Something I remember from close to a decade or so now though, seems particularly relevant, here.

Angel: Well ... I guess I kind of worked it out. If there's no great glorious end to all this, if ... nothing we do matters ... then all that matters is what we do. 'Cause that's all there is. What we do. Now. Today. I fought for so long for redemption, for a reward, finally, just to beat the other guy. But I never got it.

Kate: Now you do?

Angel: Not all of it. All I want to do is help. I want to help because I don't think people should suffer as they do, because if there's no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world.

-- "Epiphany," Angel: The Series.

The psychopaths have been in control of this planet for a very long time. They are not going to give up that control easily, or willingly. I can't tell Occupy or anyone else who is fighting the Eye, to keep doing so because I think they've necessarily got a snowball's chance of winning.

It isn't about winning. It's about the vision of the world that you have inside yourself; the way you want things to be. That's what they've got. That's what keeps them going. They never stop. They've been progressing along these lines for tens of thousands of years now; possibly more. They are relentless.

See, for us, there is no fight. Which is why winning doesn't enter into it. We...go on, no matter what. Our firm has always been here...in one form or another. The Inquisition. The Khmer Rouge. We were there when the very first cave man clubbed his neighbor. See, we're in the hearts and minds of every single living being. And that, friend, is what's making things so difficult for you. See, the world doesn't work in spite of evil, Angel. It works with us. It works because of us.
-- Holland, "Reprise," Angel: The Series.

If you're going to have even a remote chance, you've got to develop similar tenacity yourself. Identify the way you want the world to be, and just keep moving towards it, even if it's by millimeters across bare concrete.

Don't do it because of how good it's supposedly going to be when you've accomplished it, either. Don't do it because you think you're going to get kudos from others. You won't. Nobody wants your help. The cabal have stacked the deck completely against anyone who wants to ensure that humanity survives. Don't rely on anyone to appreciate your efforts, because that isn't going to happen.

If you keep going, do so for one reason, and one reason only; that to do so is who you are. That to work towards human preservation and freedom is as much a part of the core of your being, as destroying humanity is a part of theirs.

Nothing else will motivate you consistently. If it comes from any other source, you will give up.

But for these fleeting frames which it informs
With spirit deathless, endless, infinite,
They perish. Let them perish, Prince! and fight!

edit on 2-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by beezzer

The list you gave are all signs of depression, not PTSD. Take it from someone that actually has PTSD. It usually exists in conjunction with depression, but the two are very different. Also, I think you need to look at more of the other sides to the story on the Occupy movement as it seems that you are focusing on the wrong sources. If they cannot even give a proper list of PTSD symptoms, than how trustworthy can they really be?

If you go to my source and click the link, you'l find a pdf file that lists the symptoms. Not I.

I'm not trying to belittle PTSD. It is a real condition. What I'm doing is shining some light on what OWS is trying to state they suffer from.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Right along the line of the Cloward-Pliven strategy if you ask me.

EVERYBODIES A VICTIM! And as such deserves compensation.

It makes them feel somewhat better.

I fought the VA (and won, by the way) against them saying I had PTSD and TBI. I don't believe in taking money for something I volunteered for and them offering me money for something I feel doesn't exist. Physical? Yea, but mentally I knew what I was getting into.

The thing that is the differance between someone who puts their life on the line versus those who don't is a mindset.

Nothing more.

edit on 2-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I wasn't even familiar with Breitbart's website or articles until the news of his death came out. Looks like wasn't missing much.

Beezzer, just because you have a cute crying bunny as an avatar does not give you a free pass to post any and all manner of nonsense on this website.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I've seen this on Drudge, MSNBC, FOX etc.

Really? Are you that hard ?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
I wasn't even familiar with Breitbart's website or articles until the news of his death came out. Looks like wasn't missing much.

Beezzer, just because you have a cute crying bunny as an avatar does not give you a free pass to post any and all manner of nonsense on this website.

Are you saying that it isn't true?

Are you saying I am making this up?

Are you claiming that Breitbart is making this up?

Attack me. Fine. Attack Breitbart, fine.

Ignore the truth?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Please explain how this is nonsense...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

petrus4
Forgive me if I sound factious, but isn't being born considered a traumatic event? A car accident, A House fire…etc,etc. You get my point?

Life is hard, we make our choices and have to live by them. It is occasionally only someone else fault. Most of it lies with our own choices.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by petrus4

petrus4
Forgive me if I sound factious, but isn't being born considered a traumatic event? A car accident, A House fire…etc,etc. You get my point?

Life is hard, we make our choices and have to live by them. It is occasionally only someone else fault. Most of it lies with our own choices.

I agree with this a lot more than I would have in the past, yes. Some degree of interdependence does still exist, however.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Is anyone else not surprised that a group of people who thought the best way to find work would be to go outside and complain.

Are now complaining because of the supposed conditions caused by the original complaining?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

So the complainers while complaining now have a complaint due to their complaining?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I'm sorry, I thought I was dealing with ATS members who have heard of a word called "p-r-o-p-a-g-a-n-d-a." I also assumed that I was in the company of individuals who are aware that corrupt organizations/governments will hijack and discredit political movements that pose a threat to them, and that sometimes individuals in the media will assist them by publishing nonsense. When this happens, it's called "s-e-n-s-a-t-i-o-n-a-l-i-s-m" with a short "e" sound and a long "a" sound.

My apologies, greenhorns! I didn't know you had yet to be educated on these complicated political strategic tactics.

Edit to add: I know, it's hard not to just jump on the bandwagon when you want to hear, but you must be vigilant in maintaining a critical thinking mind, lest you will be in danger of becoming the very thing we loathe on ATS. Do you know what that is? I'll give you a hint......it is an animal whose hair is used to make warm coats.
edit on 2-6-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
I think that we should call a wambulance to make sure that occupiers have the best in medical care during this extremely traumatic period of social unrest.

The conditions these occupiers are facing are absolutely deplorable...and rival the misery felt by those in third world countries and war zones.

Psychiatrists predict that these poor souls will lose the ability to speak and be forced to communicate only by hand gestures and rhyming chants.

Doctors are worried that these people will be cursed with camera phone induced arthritis and sandal foot.

All around, this is a generation of people that will need the upmost care and understanding...even more than our returning veterans.

As we all know...these people have been forced to stand up for ....?...stuff...that ...needs to change...uhhh...I think?

When I see a post like this, rather than agree with the poster, that the people s/he is responding to are wimps, it actually makes me think that said poster has experienced severe psychological trauma themselves, to the point of causing secondary psychopathy. They no longer have the ability to experience empathy towards the suffering of others. Usually something has to happen to a person, in order to cause that.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Did you read the source?

Did you download the pdf's?

Did you see what Occupy is promoting?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I've seen this on Drudge, MSNBC, FOX etc.

Bet you won't see THIS on Drudge, MSNBC or Fox.

Occupiers Convince City Of Buffalo To Ditch JPMorgan Chase

www.opednews.com...

Addiction to MSM is a worse disease than PTSD, the former eats your brain, the latter just gnaws on your heart.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I'm sorry, I thought I was dealing with ATS members who have heard of a word called "p-r-o-p-a-g-a-n-d-a." I also assumed that I was in the company of individuals who are aware that corrupt organizations/governments will hijack and discredit political movements that pose a threat to them, and that sometimes individuals in the media will assist them by publishing nonsense. When this happens, it's called "s-e-n-s-a-t-i-o-n-a-l-i-s-m" with a short "e" sound and a long "a" sound.

My apologies, greenhorns! I didn't know you had yet to be educated on these complicated political strategic tactics.

Edit to add: I know, it's hard not to just jump on the bandwagon when you want to hear, but you must be vigilant in maintaining a critical thinking mind, lest you will be in danger of becoming the very thing we loathe on ATS. Do you know what that is? I'll give you a hint......it is an animal whose hair is used to make warm coats.

care to back up these claims?

its easy to accuse and label people as "sheep", its a whole other story to back it up.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Bet you won't see THIS on Drudge, MSNBC or Fox.

Occupiers Convince City Of Buffalo To Ditch JPMorgan Chase

www.opednews.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezzer.....spare me further nonsense.

The Occupy movement was hijacked very early on and remains a mere shell of what it was originally intended to be. I never engaged in their protests and I don't intend to for this very reason. I'm not calling you a liar. What I'm saying is that even information coming directly from the OWS itself cannot be trusted to be a true representation of what is going on.

Please tell me you are not having that difficult of a time wrapping your brain around this concept, because if you do, I will then have to question your true motives.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Alpacas?

Minks?

Baby seals?

B-B-B-Bunnies?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Beezzer.....spare me further nonsense.

The Occupy movement was hijacked very early on and remains a mere shell of what it was originally intended to be. I never engaged in their protests and I don't intend to for this very reason. I'm not calling you a liar. What I'm saying is that even information coming directly from the OWS itself cannot be trusted to be a true representation of what is going on.

Please tell me you are not having that difficult of a time wrapping your brain around this concept, because if you do, I will then have to question your true motives.

So we can't trust anything Occupy says or does anymore. Correct? When did this happen? When should we have started ignoring them?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join