It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Stop a Bully?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

There is an increase in bullying behavior, it would seem. Part of the problem undoubtedly stems from difficult times around us, but bullying was always there.

We seem to focus a lot on individual cases, etc., as there are many dimensions to this: be it child, or an adult, the same phenomenon under different names.

Detecting a bully is rather easy, if not patently obvious. Some would claim they are psychopaths, some would say they are lost souls, some would claim that bullies are victims themselves.

The question remains: how do you stop a bully?

What do you think?

Cheers!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Depends if you've got brains or brawn....

I have both

I was always taught a good punch soon shuts em up, but if that's not your style, use your brains, pick up on their insecurities, and a quick silver tounge to hurt them deep inside.

But if your a big believer In being all sentimental and emotional... You Could try talking about feelings lol
edit on 26-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Depends if you've got brains or brawn....

I have both

I was always taught a good punch soon shuts em up, but if that's not your style, use your brains, pick up on their insecurities, and a quick silver tounge to hurt them deep inside.

But if a big believer In being all sentimental and emotional... Could try talking about feelings lol

Yes, talking about feelings. That'll fix 'em.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

A quick right jab to the left eye. It's worked for me in the past. Heck I'll even do it again.

2nd line.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
Hello ATS,

There is an increase in bullying behavior, it would seem. Part of the problem undoubtedly stems from difficult times around us, but bullying was always there.

We seem to focus a lot on individual cases, etc., as there are many dimensions to this: be it child, or an adult, the same phenomenon under different names.

Detecting a bully is rather easy, if not patently obvious. Some would claim they are psychopaths, some would say they are lost souls, some would claim that bullies are victims themselves.

The question remains: how do you stop a bully?

What do you think?

Cheers!

As long as there are children in this world, there is going to be a bully out there.
Yeah it's bad, people get hurt. What can we do? Nothing probably.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

I love your your screen name

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Like this

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
i was bullied as a child - once!
i'm a short guy,just over 5 ft. when i was in grade 4,this big fat kid use to bug me every time he could.
well one day i got sick of it and jumped up and punched him in the mouth and split his lip open!
well he started crying and ran too the office!!!

guess who got in trouble?! he never bugged me again after that!

i taught my children (11 + 13 years old ) that you don't star a fight,you finish it!
you can only be bullied if you let yourself get bullied!
peace

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

that's how.

You make it absolutely clear, yeah he'll win, probably, and you'll lose. But each time he messes with you, he's gonna pay for it, either in pain, torn clothes, or blood. He'll pick an easier target.

Or, if he's REALLY stupid, and doing it to more than one person, join together and have a lil "blanket party".

The only thing bullies understand is pain, I don't care what their age is.
edit on 26-5-2012 by schadenfreude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Right...

Problem is that these psycho's did not simply go after the people who had actually bullied them, they murdered innocent people randomly. I don't even know what more to say about you posting this picture...other than it is inappropriate.

It is one thing to advocate popping a bully in the chops to let him know "with pain, comes pain"...and to let him know you are not going to play victim for him.

Quite another to plan an assault on an entire student body and then use lethal force to carry it out.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A left hook to the jaw or a straight right to the nose in front of peers is a sure way to get a bully off your back.
Regardless, I believe that there will always be bullies. In my life experiences, however, the majority of bullies i've encountered or met were all products of vanity.
They say that the bullies are usually the kids that get beaten at home or have a rough life etc. Well, not in my experiences. Those were the kids that got bullied the most.
We need to get rid of our materialistic feelings/urges and that would be a great start to put an end to bullying IMO.

+2 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't think that there is actually an increase in bullying behavior. I think there is an increase in wimpy kids that can't handle it.

Most kids don't play outside anymore and I'm sure that affect their emotional development. Instead parents are keeping their kids locked up inside with the tv, internet, and video games.

The kids need to be outside doing kid stuff. Riding bicycles, chasing frogs, and making mud pies. I think the lack of exercise is affecting them emotionally and when bullying occurs they can't seem to shrug it off as easily as a normal kid.

It's sad really, because in some places there are laws that make it a crime for a parent to leave their child unsupervised. So not only are parents worried about the children being kidnapped, they also have to deal with the fact that they could be kidnapped (arrested) themselves for letting children play outside.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Psychopaths? I do believe that is not even considered a diagnosis anymore.

I'm assuming you think they became angry in a vacuum?
That Columbine was not a toxic environment?

For me, High School was unbearable because of douchebag jocks and the faculty that protected them. I remember when Columbine came on the news on 4/20/99. I turned to my roommate and said,
"I'd wanted to do that every single day for four years."
He said, "But you didn't."
I said, "I was lazy. These guys weren't"

Politically correct, or appropriate, are not traits I possess.
And I stand by that.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by J-in-TX
I don't think that there is actually an increase in bullying behavior. I think there is an increase in wimpy kids that can't handle it.

I think the lack of exercise is affecting them emotionally and [color=#CC0000]when bullying occurs they can't seem to shrug it off as easily as a normal kid.

You have admitted bullying occurs and that you think it only happens to wimpy kids that cannot handle it. Nice attitude. It is the victims fault to you.

edit on 5-26-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited to add words.

+6 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
My son was being bullied for a few weeks. Whenever he came home with a bruise I asked where he got it from and he went very quiet.

So the next day, I took the day off work and went to collect him from school. No sooner had I pulled up when I saw my son surrounded by these little *INSERT SWEAR WORD HERE* pinned against a wall. I went up and pulled him away and asked my son who was giving him the bruises. He pointed to this one kid and I told him... Go back and smack that egotistical moron.

Problem was this kids dad saw what happened and marched up to me screaming like a madman. So I laid him out. When he was on the ground I told him straight "Everytime my son comes back home with a bruise in the future... You will have three to take home." Needless to say that ended the bullying and also taught my son to stand on his own two feet.

So take out the parents. Take out bullying. Thats how we do things in Ireland.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My case is different. I was bullied by a junior high school phys ed teacher. He would make me climb the rope then get everyone to throw the dodge balls at me while I was up there. When it came time for any dodge ball, it was me against everyone else. This made all the kids think it was OK to bully me and I got it from all sides. Luckily for me dad got transferred to a new Air Force Base and I left that retarded school.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
you beat him until he cannot move, or you pay 50 bucks to some gypsies or mexicans to beat him up.
see if he bothers your kid again.
if its too violent for you then let the bully harass your son every day and put him in the toilet.
as a father what would you choose?
what father would let his son get bullied?

anyone who bullies my son is getting thrown in the river with a brick

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by J-in-TX

I absolutely agree with you...
Now days some kids are programmed to go tell if anything happens. They don't learn to stand up for themselves that way.

I've always handled bullies with a sharp right hook. I've had a few attempt to bully me, But I ended that sh*t as quickly as it began. I might have done a little time in the office for it, But id rather do that then be harrassed and bullied for who knows how long because I didn't stand up for myself.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i was bullied too, you know when the bulling stops? when i braked his skull.
when you beat them up suddenly they turn normal, the fear changes them...into normal people again.
we live in a democracy, if someone assaults you physically you have the right to defend your self, hint hint.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join