It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are LOADS Of Jobs Out There, But NONE Of Them Pay Living Wages!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

There's something bigger that needs to be addressed like outsourcing work and exporting jobs overseas.

Something bigger like Mitt Romney coming in and laying off thousand of people so he can make his investors a nice profit.

Something bigger like The Fed, debt, and economic bubbles that burst when the plutocrats play dice with our economy.

Something bigger like the fraud, waste and abuse of our system.

And that something bigger than any of of those separately, would be all them combined.

Greed is the underlying factor in everything you stated. As long as people keep wanting more than what they need and have no issue with destroying other peoples' lives in order to get it, you're always going to have the "have's and have not's".

I'm not going to state what really needs to be done because it could get me in trouble, ( and I've had my fill of that lately) but I think we all know what it is. It's NOT something along the lines of occupy Wall Street and it's not something that the majority of Americans are willing to do. The majority are still looking for leaders to fix the problems. The same types of leaders by the way who helped make the problems.

Things are never going to go back to the way they were. Too much has changed that can't be unchanged. We simply have to adapt to the way things are and if we really want to have something that resembles a good standard of living we are going to have to adapt to a way of life that doesn't have a lot to do with TPTB because we all know that THEY won't help us.

Being more self sufficient in whatever way is possible for YOU is a good place to start.

Bottom line.....if the system is strangling you, cut yourself away from it. Otherwise..........

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

growing saffron is another good one. Or cannabis.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth

DANG. you lost the lake job to a lifting limit only to become a mover?

things are tough all over.....

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

it seems you are a tea party supporter since you only mention ows is NOT the answer! I got news for you ows attacks the root cause of problems and the tea party are a bunch of pretenders. I don't care if you like my opinion or not.

tea party moans about small government and less or no taxes. Well how the hell is the government supposed to run everything? Should we go with anarchy or what? Just because the government and big business are siamese twins does not negate the need for government. Government is what people make of it. if people are stupid then they DESERVE exactly what they get. I moved out of the states a long time ago and while I initially regretted the decision, I no longer do.

OWS attacks wall street greed and zionism. BOTH EVIL! The most credit I will give the tea party is that they have 25% good ideas and the rest is with ows...and that is being quite generous of me as well! The rich need to pay their fair amount of taxes and stop hoarding it offshore in tax havens thus passing the buck to the middle class which is getting choked out of existance from offshoring, automation, illegals. By rich I mean the deep millionares and billionares. They don't create jobs, not that they should either. It is mostly the government's responsiblity and anyone with more than an ounce of common sense should be able to figure it out for themselves.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

pretty sure this Taupin person doesnt fall for the hegelian dialectic like you did.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear

pretty sure this Taupin person doesnt fall for the hegelian dialectic like you did.

I have no problem associating myself with the left and a mixed economy.

It is people who have something to hide or are confused that cannot pick sides.

If you come out and say "I am rich and want to hoarde every dollar I can because I hate the government" I would have more respect for you, even though I would dislike/hate you, then some charlatan who uses sophistry to hide their intentions.

Keep the attacks coming. I have no problem being a one man gang!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I just thought it humorous that you plucked a hot word like the Tea Party out of that post......trying to understand, I saw no mention of It.....

My point is that if you are still using psyop controlled opposition groups like OWS and the Tea Party as credible "grassroots movements"--I got some ocean front property in Japan to sell you!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

and dont EVEN get me started on what it takes to be an ARTIST in this economy!

"Art is not a job, its a waste of time, and does nothing for anyone. Go get a real job."

"Im a starving artist" is accepted and its OK.

"Artist is not a working title."

artist=poor

Ive heard it all....

Doing art here is kinda iffy when you can make money off of it. The local art gallery looks like a ghastly assortment of Americana done by third graders. This town is too conservative with art to the point that the art gallery is uninteresting so that nobody will go to it. A few things I can remember that made artists money here was painting a detailed copy of the town from the 1800's over the side of a whole building commissioned from the county council. Another was painting murals on the wall of a restaurant and mall. Not saying that is ideal for an artist but, it made those people money. A friend of mine started publishing his own comic book but, I'm not sure how that went.

I do music on the side and that broke even at most. On my "day job" I'm around music enough to be happy plus when listening to people I get interesting ideas for lyrics and contacts. Most of the time I end up doing music for charity stuff.

growing saffron is another good one. Or cannabis.

Well lol I was trying to keep people out of trouble too. There really are a lot of interesting ornamental plants that fetch high price tags. My mom has a very large flower bed and over the years her hardy Amaryllis Hippeastrum x johnsonii had multiplied to a point where she was digging them up to throw away. I looked online and discovered they were an old heirloom flower bulb and fetched around 20US at the time each. I sold them off a flower site for 8.00 each to move them quickly. It was nice bit of money from what was already "sitting around the house".

Sorry about getting hung up on plants. One grandmother loved gardening outdoors and the other loved ornamental houseplants. This was passed down to my parents and their children. For me it is therapeutic to grow things.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You have the greatest solution in this thread..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
you know thats the conspiracy.
making a crysis, the job givers fire useless now people and make smaller salaries.
the loser is the worker, who has it good until now.
what are you going to do?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I just thought it humorous that you plucked a hot word like the Tea Party out of that post......trying to understand, I saw no mention of It.....

My point is that if you are still using psyop controlled opposition groups like OWS and the Tea Party as credible "grassroots movements"--I got some ocean front property in Japan to sell you!

It was inferred from "OWS is not the solution" and the rest of the post.

And OWS is as credible as it gets unless you want a)anarchy or b)more-of-the-same.

Of course the people who put OWS down have no alternatives when confronted so they just attack and ridicule at every opportunity. They have been brainwashed to parrot "small government", "freedom and liberty", "lazy commie", "nazi", "fascist".

They blame everything EXCEPT capitalism. Nice try! .

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by apporro
you know thats the conspiracy.
making a crysis, the job givers fire useless now people and make smaller salaries.
the loser is the worker, who has it good until now.
what are you going to do?

It is called consolidation of power. You can thank reagan and thatcher for all this!

As for what I am going to do? It is what the majority want to do!

edit on 5/24/2012 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I find it funny that so many people believe that the problem for very little jobs available with high paying wages is because of jobs going overboard as well as the government. Things have been this way since the beginning of time. This is not a perfect world people. Sorry you are not happy, but this society is in it's baby steps. People complain about not having jobs, but refuse to live in a society where everyone is equal. You can't have it either way. You want more jobs then make it fair for everyone unemployed.

If we're going to be living in a slave society where we have to work to survive then make jobs available for everyone. It makes no sense to be part of a society that depends on having a job to survive and there are NONE! Equality is the way to go, if you disagree then go live on a savage planet so you can do whatever you want. Some of us like living comfortable without trouble. This society is but a delusional cake, if you eat it your hypnotized, if you don't people will take your share and you'll complain that there's no cake left.
edit on 24-5-2012 by FarNight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Im fresh out of university, my problem is that ive found out and also have been told that i am too qualified to get the lower income jobs, they would rather give them to the pregnant 16 year old or im not experienced enough to get a job which is requiring a degree as a qualification. I cant afford to do voluntary work as im £25k in debt with not a great deal to look forward to at the moment.

Wish i had a business idea or something like that, id go straight for that in a heartbeat just to get some cash in my back pocket haha

much love

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Join a union apprenticeship program.

Learn a trade.

Go anywhere and generate your own revenue.

Enjoy life.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Elbereth

DANG. you lost the lake job to a lifting limit only to become a mover?

things are tough all over.....

What happenned to me is total bs, as I am asymptomatic and am able to move heavy furniture with no problem. I have the Department of Fair Employment and Housing involved as I was improperly denied a second medical opinion or a reasonable accomodation as I requested of my potential employer and am entitled to both under ADA and FEHA.

The wheels of justice turn slowly, however, and I have to make a living in the interim. I am afraid I fell victim to a quack doctor running a pre-emloyment medical testing mill using antiquated and invalid procedures, as well as a potential employer not up to speed with current employment law.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Just replied to the OP, not gonna read a 3rd thread thats about the same stuff.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kieran69695

UM. you need to develop a business plan. period. Something that works all over the world.

DO IT. dont wait. you will be light years ahead of the majority of graduates in 10 years time.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If the system can`t pay me a living wage for an honest days work then i would rather just not work at all and become a burden on the system rather than be a slave to the system.
The minimum wage is so low that people can collect government handouts and other government benefits even if they have a full time minimum wage job.There`s something wrong with a system that makes the taxpayers subsidize private companies who refuse to pay their employees a living wage.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Nah, 40K-60K, even today, is more than decent enough for a living wage. This is where you learn a trade and burn your body for a living. Talking about welding. We're still hiring in manufacturing and repair down here.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join