It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Wave of Anti-NATO Protests Hit Chicago..Chicagoans Push Back!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
But like some other group of fanatics I can think of, they sincerely believe everyone else agrees with their cause or are “ignorant”.

No, most other groups of fanatics think that you should agree with them, but they don't automatically assume that you do. Said assumption is the single worst thing about the radical Left; and it's the basis of Occupy's claim of being the proverbial 99%. The majority do not want Communism, but try telling a Communist that.

If the residents of Chicago want the Black Bloc out of their city, then the Black Bloc should take the hint. Chicagoans should send a petition to the Chicago Police Department, and let the police know that they have public support.

Occupy must also publically and definitively disavow any association with the Black Bloc. I'm personally not opposed to Black Bloc protesters, specifically, being labelled as domestic terrorists, because that is exactly what they are. Given their internationalist focus, they are not even really domestic, in terms of how they think. They are anti-American in the literal sense of the word, and they should be dealt with on that basis.
edit on 17-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

As soon as I saw "anarchist and communist protesters." all credibility in the post was shot to hell.

I find it quite funny that biased sources are used so readily, even when they expose their bias in the words shared

Being anti-NATO does not automatically mean "anarchist and communist". To suggest so is mind-numbingly idiotic.

Deny ignorance, indeed.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by jibeho

As soon as I saw "anarchist and communist protesters." all credibility in the post was shot to hell.

I find it quite funny that biased sources are used so readily, even when they expose their bias in the words shared

Being anti-NATO does not automatically mean "anarchist and communist". To suggest so is mind-numbingly idiotic.

Deny ignorance, indeed.

It isn't bias if it is actually true. Did you watch the footage in the vids? These people are either anarchists and communists, or people who want us to believe that they're anarchists and communists. However, at what point does it really matter either way? Their actions are the same. They are carrying red and black flags. They have their own legal observers (who were once accused of communist connections).

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
the protesters detest violence and say it is not the way to resolve conflicts.

then they elaborate and explain that they are speaking only of physical violence as bad and that emotional and mental violence are legitimate forms of violence; coincidentally, those are the forms of violence they will employ.

www.chicagotribune.com... 77262.story

i'm just happy that they revealed this about themselves at the beginning of their performance.

You seem to like making sweeping generalizations about ALL protesters.

So in your opinion, all protesters are anarchists and violent? They should all be ignored, or should they be stripped of their RIGHT to protest?

I do not agree with some of the actions some protesters take (and lets remember that there are proven antagonists within those crowds paid to cause violence and justify a crackdown), but I will defend the right people have to protest, however inconvenient it is to people who don't happen to agree with their political opinions.

It seems as though we have three groups of people on here...

There are those who scream about their rights, but quickly label anyone they don't agree with as "anarchists and communists" and make demands about removing their rights.

Then there are those who think that everything is planned by some gigantic centuries-old organization to usher in their dictatorship, while unable to offer evidence of it, while refusing to explain how it benefits those with the plan.

Then there are those that know the system is broken, that things need to change, and watch all these efforts with interest. They're generally sick of the people who immediately label any protester they disagree with an anarchist or communist and repeatedly expose those people for what they are.

Can you guess which one I am, and which you are?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

whoever or whatever they are, by coming to Chicago proves they are full of crap.

i don't know what they are, other than they are illegitimate and have no solid ground to stand upon.

its only a matter of days before they themselves realize this also.

because people are still supporting this fraudulent behavior...at the moment your personal revelations arrive, i want to be standing there watching so I can forever remember the looks on your faces.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

It shouldn't be. Occupy's own Web sites describe the movement as blatantly, radically Marxist. The movement makes no pretense at bipartisanship whatsoever. They're Communist.

That isn't a criticism or an attack; it is simply a statement of fact. I'm even assuming that a lot of people within the movement wouldn't see it as anything to be ashamed of, either.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

the protesters detest violence and say it is not the way to resolve conflicts.

then they elaborate and explain that they are speaking only of physical violence as bad and that emotional and mental violence are legitimate forms of violence; coincidentally, those are the forms of violence they will employ.

www.chicagotribune.com... 77262.story

i'm just happy that they revealed this about themselves at the beginning of their performance.

You seem to like making sweeping generalizations about ALL protesters.

So in your opinion, all protesters are anarchists and violent? They should all be ignored, or should they be stripped of their RIGHT to protest?

I do not agree with some of the actions some protesters take (and lets remember that there are proven antagonists within those crowds paid to cause violence and justify a crackdown), but I will defend the right people have to protest, however inconvenient it is to people who don't happen to agree with their political opinions.

It seems as though we have three groups of people on here...

There are those who scream about their rights, but quickly label anyone they don't agree with as "anarchists and communists" and make demands about removing their rights.

Then there are those who think that everything is planned by some gigantic centuries-old organization to usher in their dictatorship, while unable to offer evidence of it, while refusing to explain how it benefits those with the plan.

Then there are those that know the system is broken, that things need to change, and watch all these efforts with interest. They're generally sick of the people who immediately label any protester they disagree with an anarchist or communist and repeatedly expose those people for what they are.

Can you guess which one I am, and which you are?

those people, the protesters, aren't being stripped of anything. they are going to be made a spectacle of. and I don't care what they believe in...i'm only concerned about my own freedom in voicing my opinion concerning them.

I know for a fact the system isn't broken and that some would say that it is, in my personal opinion, proves to me and me alone that you are apart of some gigantic centuries old organization that is attempting to usher in their dictatorship.

unlike the rest of the people that frequent this site...I know what that very organization attempted just one year ago...with the fake judgement day. I saw the whole thing.

now its time for everyone else to be able to clearly see what they are.

most of these people should check and make sure that they double up, even triple up, on the panties you are wearing...because they are about to get blown off.

as a Native...its a joke to me, a bad joke, for you to think I should listen to you.

the people of this place have built up cities that scrape the clouds out of concrete and steel and glass and have made a home for 11 Million human beings coming from all over the world.

what exactly is it that you think we should be taught by you?

edit on 17-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

whoever or whatever they are, by coming to Chicago proves they are full of crap.

Its just a guess, but I imagine if NATO wasn't coming to town, neither would the protesters. So tell NATO to go somewhere else. Problem solved. Of course millions of people all over the world have been telling NATO to go square to somewhere else but they seem to be deaf. Dumb and Blind as well.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Again this wasn't Occupy it wasn't even anti-NATO, it was a FTP march.
Watch from about 28 minutes on at this link and see for yourself...
ustream archived footage

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

NATO hasn't even been able to win Afghanistan and seems to be near its own death. my opinion.

the people that came here are trying to hang that incompetent organization around the necks of people that are barely aware that such a thing exists.

NATO is headquartered in Belgium and is not by any stretch of the imagination an American, or Chicago, institution.

none of the American's that fight under their command have anything at all to do with America.

like I said...this is foreigners attempting to find a reason to make Americans uneasy.

i know NATO and the Protesters will be spending money, which will be good for the local economy. outside of that...something is going to die this week and it ain't gonna be me.

Welcome to the Windy City...hope you have fun.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

NATO hasn't even been able to win Afghanistan and seems to be near its own death. my opinion.

the people that came here are trying to hang that incompetent organization around the necks of people that are barely aware that such a thing exists.

NATO is headquartered in Belgium and is not by any stretch of the imagination an American, or Chicago, institution.

none of the American's that fight under their command have anything at all to do with America.

like I said...this is foreigners attempting to find a reason to make Americans uneasy.

Welcome to the Windy City...hope you have fun.

You wouldn't catch me dead in Chicago. Went there once about 40 years ago and that was quite enough.

NATO may not be an "american institution" but you'd better believe it wouldn't exist without US government sponsorship and direction. But I don't know how anybody can look at the people in the Timcast and say for sure where they're from, or what they believe. But as revolutionaries go, they're pretty pitiful ~ a few people being herded down the street by cops on bicycles.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The first NATO Secretary General, Lord Ismay, stated in 1949 that the organization's goal was "to keep the Russians out, the Americans in, and the Germans down.

America's out.

Germans are up.

Russia will probably be in.

Chicago will be fine with or with out any of you...have a nice life.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

It isn't 1949 anymore.

And whichever Chicagoan (or whatever you call yourselves) it was who stole all my money while I was there can have a nice life as well.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

some of these people get buck wild...you should be happy that you can deliver that message.

better to stay home next time.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Nobody went buck wild, he just lifted my wallet.

Actually, if I wanted to get involved with a protest, I'd skip Chicago altogether and go to Egypt or Greece. They know how to do it.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

protests in countries that actually have corrupt leaders are more lively.

all we have is a big lake.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Now you're getting it!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Chi-Town all day

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Come on Mike, we have more than a pretty lake front ... we have the bean, and tiny dancer

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

The population of Chicago is not 11 million. It is 2.65 million, just slightly more than that of Houston. And going down.

What will rahm do?

edit on 18-5-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join