It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Who is saying to hate gays? The Bible states to avoid that and promiscuous behavior,along with diddling children.(in plain English). It all states to not give aid/alms or support to those who can not manage their affairs(like drunks/drug addicts,gamblers)
The hate spewed by someone who is a clergyman is not really speaking about the Bible and twisting its words.
Nature's law also does not support a gay lifestyle.
I choose not to support these behaviors either and is my choice.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Islam is as corrupt as any religion with out a war IMO. They all are. That being said.
I believe alot of the bible is true and has wonderful analogies and allegoric story's

My thoughts on gay marriage? I think gays should have the same rights as married heterosexual couples.
I dont think they should use The word "Married" I feel "Civil Union" is a good happy medium.

I think in america at least, with an overwhelming Christian population they need only word it differently to have more support "Civil Union" is alot more acceptable language IMO.

The Christians take this as an incrouchment on the Religion. Since the beginning.
edit on 15-5-2012 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I feel that you are overgeneralizing an entire group and that simply is not the truth or fair. I happen to be a Christian and fully support gay rights AND gay marriage. We're all beautiful creations (when we want to be and aren't destroying the earth ) and all deserve the right to love and attraction. All of the same rights for everyone should be the norm and I apologize for those of my faith that jump in the way of that as I do not support those that do.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There is no need for anyone to hate anyone. I am a Christian. Enough of man created 'hate' in many forms today, in the name of religion.

What is the true message of religion? It is nothing more than a set of guidelines for mankind to progress and evolve from a barbaric existance our ancient ancestors had lived once, into civilisationship status.

Look honestly towards homosexuality, drop the egos, the hate, the self desires, and what does that remain? Can the human race survive, should homosexuality gains support amongst majority of mankind?

Homosexuality is an issue that had been with mankind for centuries, judging by the records of history left behind by our ancestors. Can we blame homosexuals for the situation they are in? No. There are root causes that results in homosexuality, and it needs to be confronted with, using logic, reason and compassion, NOT hate.

I alone have not the answers to a solution, but I sincerely believed that as a progressive society, we will have enough rational minds to resolve this problem egalitarianly.

Let us not hate one another, for we are one species - the human race, with only common goals in life. And better served without hate in any form so that we can progress and evolve to fulfil our eventual destiny leaving none behind. We had resolved many of discrimination issues amongst mankind such as ethnicity and feminity, and I have faith in humanity we can do the same for homosexuality, provided we drop the angst, ignorances, accusations, and hatred to begin with.

I humbly apologise if I had offended anyone, for it is not my intent to do so.

edit on 15-5-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
Christianity's leaders have an epidemic track record of homosexual rape of kids

Simple answer.

The rapists are 'sheep in wolves clothing'.

Azazel dresses his weak followers in clergy uniform to target innocent children to give true Christians a bad name.

Judging by the acid venom in this thread, Lucifers monkeys really are going to gladly persecute all of YHWH's true believers.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I am not Christian.

However, I will step in to say that this is so blatantly inaccurate, it's hard to view this as anything but a troll thread. Considering 95% of the Bible does not concern homosexuals, it's pretty obvious that your angle has nothing to do with truth.

With that said, I believe the word you were looking for is "Homophobia", not "Christianity".

Well said, but I would argue that it's not 95% of the Bible, but 100%. There are zero passages that mention homosexuality in the King James version and only two that mention it in other translations, but those later versions are likely mistranslations. The passages more likely refer to general careless sexual deviancy rather than homosexuality.

There's no question that mainstream religion has a very strong anti-gay agenda though. But this does not mean the Bible is anti-gay (it isn't) or that Christianity is anti-gay (it isn't). Christianity and religion are two very different things, one brings a message of love, acceptance and forgiveness while the other pushes an agenda of hate, division and rejection.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Christianity is anti-human along with nearly all man made religions
edit on 15-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I am PAGAN!!! I follow a path that is true to Nature and the Natural ....
Most Pagans think homosexuality is 'just fine' and seems to be at times, almost expected, if you're Pagan or any 'Earth based' religion! How the hell is being Gay or Lesbian following the beautiful Role of NATURE!? Huh? Christians have issues in soooo many other ways, sexuality is the least of their problems.
I don't think the OP made a good point at all!

edit on 15-5-2012 by EdwynaGolden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Biology is Anti-Homosexual.
Don't get you nickers in a knot over many peoples', very natural reaction, to this, and other mal-adations.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ok... So, if everyone ends up Gay or Lesbian...

Extinction ... LMAO!

How can that be the way to go?

Of course it goes against my belief!!! But, I'm only special to myself

oh... how about insemination? Sure.....That's Natural and normal and just the way the human race was meant to be??? Stupid and ridiculous...

that's only MY opinion~! And, My point... I'm not xtian. Actually Pagan! wow....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

There's no question that mainstream religion has a very strong anti-gay agenda though.

so why is that? Buddhism in all its spiritual diaspora isn't antihomosexual at all,

wheras Christianity wreaks of preaching anti-homosexuality while the bulk of its clergy historically practicing it indulgently and scandalously.

what could the agenda be? heterosexuals self-loathing, making themselves look 'cleaner' in 'Gods eyes' no matter their own frolicky fornications "at least they didnt go gay"? and for the homosexual clergy - im clueless... i guess the epidemic of it alludes to a wicked abuse of power (raping boys, etc) and the morbid inner grin of preaching one thing while indulging in it... gosh, it goes to show the irony of being Christian while using whatever quotes or beliefs to hate on in this instance. gays...

one thing Abrahamics including Xtians is clearly not is 'anti-Sin' in the real essense of sin cause if it were, most of its followers would not not be such blatant hypocrits - esp the leaders/clergy themselves!

link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

And exactly how many priests are arrested for this every week?

Remember, the law does not consider priests exempt. So remind me... exactly why are you whining?

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The bible says alot of stuff.

Let's take this for example.
www.godhatesshrimp.com...

Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Much like Homosexuality is an abomination.
So is eating shellfish.
If you are a christian and you eat that. You are eating an abomination.

Now we all know that at the time the bible was written there was a pretty good reason not to eat shellfish.
But now people eat it with no ill effects.
Personally I wouldn't eat shellfish either since they are bottom feeding roaches. But that's just me.

Times change so should re examine homosexuality as well. I don't think it's an abomination.

As an aside if you are a hardcore christian that thinks homosexuality is an abomination. And if you eat shellfish.
You're going to hell.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hello Saturn,

Hope you are well,

I am a Christian and i am not "Anti" Homosexuality,neither am
i "Anti" abortion or"Anti"this or"Anti"that.

Being "Anti" this or "Pro" that implies that there is a
certain amount of emotional and mental energy invested in
a point of view,

If anything i am "Anti" sin as i know sin to be and i am "Pro"
love without judgment according to the will of my Savior which is what
i choose to invest my energy into,making sure that my heart is right before God in all matters and manner.

You see Saturn there was a time that i was the Chief of sinners,
If there was a dictionary of sin then my picture was next to pretty
much every entry in there, i have indulged in some of the most vile
and decrepit acts that could be conjured in mind yet today by the
Grace of God i am a changed man.

No, I am not perfect, far from it, but i will tell you something Saturn,
Even tho i am no longer the person that i was i have never forgotten where i came from,and with that in mind i am acutely aware that my Lord
said that "With the measure that i judge, I will be judged",and that
precept taken in correct manner tends to keep lips sealed unless they are
speaking love and so far in my job description of being a Christian what i find is that i am to be a Minister of Mercy,Grace and Kindness and the only mention of Judgment relates to my own heart and whether something is right for me in the sight of God

I will finish by offering an apology on behalf of all those that have cast judgment upon you, that is not their place to do so and i know what it feels like to have that done and i am sorry, really i am.
I hope that you find what you are looking for and i pray that you will come to know Grace and Love as i have, It is beautiful.

Regards
Violet.

Apologies for any spelling errors,It's early...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Remind me why we're trying to figure out how to hate on religion, instead of figuring out how to get along?

Hell, if we have create a forum on how to create a peaceful world, we're probably already ****ed....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Christianity is anti-human along with nearly all man made religions
edit on 15-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Really? And how did you come by this information?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Some folks may want to reconsider what they count as "anti-christ"

I think homosexuals will be just fine...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
"christians" need to get off their high horse and read the bible themselves. "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

if i had to choose a word to describe what christianity SHOULD be, i'd pick "love", but so many who call themselves christians are blind sheep.

sadly the hypocritical christians are the only ones who make the news.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Then why do most young adults associate it, in one word, as just that?

Why?

Answer that and you might be starting to realize what a horrible marketing team the christians have today..
Reinvent, rebrand, or be removed.

Because the gay and lesbian advocy groups are militant in their media campaigns. They cannot see the function that they are being used for - to elimate any desire in the remaining population to even contemplate seeking God for salvation. 1-2% of the population has the support of all media publishing - Hollywood, newspapers, television. That's why everyone has that impression. We all see how charming and funny and sweet that 'gay guy' is on tv - really, he's the laugh of the party. Then we see Hollywood's cartoon character of a Christian - a bigoted Christian hick. And when you have Hitler's new Ministry of Propaganda & Indoctrination fighting your corner to indoctrinate the population against Christ Jesus, then no punches are withheld.

If you cannot contemplate how indoctrination works, then start to study up how propaganda and indoctrination works. It's subtle, repetitious and relentless. You believe what you ingest, in this case, the media. So does the OP. his beliefs were given to him by the very sources which reject the Saviour. Unfortunately, they are taking a whole generation with them.

Sexual immorality of any gender within the Israel of God is prohibited because of its effect on the person. ·  Bell and Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having ONE THOUSAND OR MORE sex partners. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as sexual immorality in a lot of minds, not just Christians. And so when these individuals, that succumb to the powerful sexual urge, get to preach to your children that their lifestyle is PERFECTLY acceptable, I'm thinking that a whole lotta parents would have something to complain about. Oh, but the media doesn't portray the happy go- lucky gay on tv as a person who slept with a 1,000+ partners now, do they? Why that would just spoil the carefully crafted illusion that has been fronted upon a once Christian population.

Satan doesn't do his work in a flashy red suit, all he needs to do is stir up lusts. The heart and mind follows - and that is the lesson that God imparts. Your downfall is your own without obedience to absolute moral truth. If I have to be called a bigot for calling sexual immorality of all types wrong, then so be it. Wait until next year when psychiatrists are hoping to reclassify pedophilia. Wait a few years, then people hooked in the passions of sex, sex, sex .. Will begin calling people who reject THAT a bigot. These are the consequences that we will all face in a society that just last week learned that people eat pills containing the remains of dead babies to improve their 'performance'. God is clear - He gives these people up to their own destruction.

You have the opportunity to learn the truth for yourself if you value truth. If you don't, by all means, please carry on believing the lies of those who's sole aim is to get you to believe as they do. What's the saying? Evil loves company.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

There are zero passages that mention homosexuality in the King James version

From the KJV.

Romans 1:26,27

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Leviticus 18:22

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Maybe not the actual word, but it sounds straightforward enough to me.
edit on 5/15/2012 by Klassified because: Clarity and add quote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join