It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks Cooperating With Each Other and Police to Track Occupy Protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well, all we can do is agree to disagree about the validity of hope for our political system. You can hope for a TP surge, but Scott Brown was the poster boy for the TP, and look how conservative he's actually voted. He helped the Dems break the GOP filibuster of the jobs bill. The TP members helped pass CISPA. Read here for more cases of TP members betraying their promises.

See you in the streets this fall.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Well, all we can do is agree to disagree about the validity of hope for our political system. You can hope for a TP surge, but Scott Brown was the poster boy for the TP, and look how conservative he's actually voted. He helped the Dems break the GOP filibuster of the jobs bill. The TP members helped pass CISPA. Read here for more cases of TP members betraying their promises.

There is a term for that but a picture is more powerful:

You should view help from the SEIU, Soros, MoveOn, communist party USA et al the same way!

See you in the streets this fall

I hope not but if I’m there I’m in it for the long haul!

edit on 1-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

There is a term for that but a picture is more powerful:

Exactly my point. The vast majority of TP politicians are nothing more than wolves. You are putting these wolves in power every two years hoping *this* time it will be different. 2012 will be no different.

You should view help from the SEIU, Soros, MoveOn, communist party USA et al the same way!

As well you should see the same in the Koch Bros funding, NRA funding and white supremacist funding of the Tea party!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Exactly my point. The vast majority of TP politicians are nothing more than wolves. You are putting these wolves in power every two years hoping *this* time it will be different. 2012 will be no different.

The TP only gained traction in the 2010 elections. We’ve seen some winners and losers. OWS has done NOTHING positive…keep that in mind.

You can talk about ‘raising awareness’ and all of those talking points but the fact is OWS has done nothing but serve Obama’s and TPTB’s agenda.

As well you should see the same in the Koch Bros funding, NRA funding and white supremacist funding of the Tea party!

NRA? OK! They support the constitution. Do you have a problem with the constitution?

White supremacists? When? A few broke-A$# fringe groups tagging along for the ride?

What about the Black Panthers, Jessie Jackson, Sharpton and NAACP’s support of OWS? Those are PROMINENT RACISTS!

edit on 1-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
One of the bankers who OWS supposedly was supposed to be against was a foreign national from the middle east that worked for Chase stealing money and was donating heavy funds to the Obama campaign. This whole thing is going to crash the market someday and I think thats what they want. OWS turns a blind eye to these little facts though of course.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
You know, this is such a difficult issue for some of us. The Tea Party has been sold out at the upper levels and OWS has been sold out at the upper levels. Both movements have very sincere and energetic people at the lower levels where the normal folk live. I think it's obvious and fair to say that one is more sophisticated and likewise, the other is more energetic.

Both have strengths and weaknesses and I have lived in both worlds myself. It's first hand experience I'm thinking of here. I made this plea back in October and November along with a number of others and I think it's appropriate to make the plea again....

Occupy people (normal folk, not leaders) and Tea Party Movement people (normal folk, not leaders), come together and at least chat openly for a bit. I'll promise most find the other side is quite different in some ways but in no way the alien enemy we're all being conditioned from all directions to think in terms of.

The polarization between normal people and with serious passion behind both sides, is totally out of control.....and if both sides would come together as Americans, we can solve this mess as Americans. There will be plenty of time to fight after the main issue is sorted out and the whole Ship of State isn't sinking out from under us......

(hops off soapbox)
edit on 1-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor change

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

the only missing factor for the seizure of power is martial law. As soon as that happens, just like with Hitler, someone like the defense secretary or homeland security chief will step up as national sovereign. I don't think it will even be the president. CIA director or someone. I actually have no idea what the chain of command is anymore in a "crisis" situation.

The fact remains, they have been taking it slow but steady. When everything is right and we act like dumbasses, which is what they are counting on, they enact martial law. They want to be able to blame it on us. Historically and publicly now. Hopefully we will not react like animals which in turn might force their hand. That might reveal the puppeteer.

edit on 1-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I know what you mean, and I’d also like to see the two come together on some issues at least long enough to get things straight in this country. We can go back to bickering over our differences after we get the country back!

This video shows the similarities between OWS and TTP.

I just don’t see enough common ground!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It will never happen under the Occupy banner or TP for that matter. People have to become more resourceful and self reliant and observe what is happening and care more bout the direction of this country as a whole. That will never happen for those living on the government dole or the union folks.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Well, these days, I think it's very important to keep the distinction between the people on benefits since this nightmare started around 06/07 and the chronic welfare queens and generational customers of abuse to the system.

The welfare queens are the idiots who said Obama would handle their mortgage and gas costs and a variety of other nutty things....

I think the larger number in these hard times are people who resent being on benefits right now and would be happy to get off them. I know a number at school as one small example. Those won't be among the Obama friendly.

.....Sadly I agree this will never EVER happen under OWS or TPM banners. The only hope would be a third movement under a 3rd set of leaders with no personal issues of ambition over the cause and goals themselves. That's bordering on an impossible order these days.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Show us proof of this funding.

Otherwise, you're just trolling as usual.

You should be ashamed of yourself for your willingness to protect your country while putting down civilians. Why don't you go volunteer to crack some skulls with those cops, fascist?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

That's something I had no clue about, shame on me. With the amount of knowledge and integrity you seemingly have, why aren't you running for some office somewhere?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think Ron Paul said it once in an interview about OWS, that "why did they bail out the banks - they should've bailed out the people"

I think this should be the point in the May campaign. Banks have been bailed out - but while banks received clemency - they surely have not show that to the people affected.

This disparate position would be good to show now.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Have made some notes here for anyone wondering what's going on now, with a stream link from Timcast and an update link from The Guardian : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Something else from The Guardian :

Noam Chomsky: What next for Occupy?

The Occupy movement built a global sense of community and put unprecedented inequality on the agenda. In an exclusive extract, the eminent US thinker asks where it goes now.

Chomsky : What next for Occupy?
edit on 1-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by seabag

What on Earth do we need Martial Law for?
1st Amendment...eroded. Free Speech zones, Frozen Zones, Permits required. Free Speech in a National Security Event? Felony. HR347
2nd Amendment...eroded. I don't need to explain that one to you.
4th Amendment...eroded. Stop and Frisk. TSA, TSA road side, bus and train checks.
5th Amendment...eroded. NDAA
6th Amendment...eroded. NDAA
8th Amendment...eroded. NDAA, Patriot Act, ask Bradley Manning how years of solitary confinement are feeling.
10th Amendment...eroded. The Federal Reserve.

Our police are militarized and we're already caged essentially with all fancy can and can't do lists. The laws can change on the fly so why bother waking up the rest of America by imposing Martial Law, when we essentially have it already?

Sorry, but your are wrong.

1st Amendment...gone.
2nd Amendment...gone.
4th Amendment...gone.
5th Amendment...gone.
6th Amendment...gone.
8th Amendment...gone..
10th Amendment...gone.

However, I do admire your innocent point of view. (Just Kidding. Star for you)
edit on 1-5-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
We won't be violent but we won't get out of the way of their authoritarian agenda, so I say...They will only take my liberty from my cold dead hands.

A simple one liner should do here.

OWS get violent.

Perhaps you should have said they will only take my liberty from my cold, dead, paint stained, window glass cut hands;

Oops. Here is another one.
Above Top Secret
edit on 1-5-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
We can go back to bickering over our differences after we get the country back!

Well, I'm glad Wrabbit got you to see how incredibly bombastic and unrealistically polarized you've been. I will refrain from responding to your last reply to me in the hopes that you regret now how hard you were trying to alienate every single fellow citizen you have with that post. Just try to take it down a notch for America.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Whatever the case is, I think Black Bloc protesters are being used here to cause havoc, which will be focused on by the media in an attempt to taint what OWS are trying to do.

So you could have say, a million people protesting, but the MSM will report not about the million people so much, almost all who will be peaceful and with no intent of violence, but instead will focus on the black bloc people and make out like it's a problem with OWS. (and which many people on here, you know who you are, will all too happily go along with.)

So who are black bloc protesters? Many of them might be people just out to cause violent resistence, people who are sick of normal protests and who don't believe peaceful protest does enough. On the other hand they could be funded by one or more of the corrupt factions in the police, government, corporations, or powerful manipulators, with the intent of tarnishing the peaceful protests and making out like OWS are simply trouble causers, which can be easily done when you have corrupt MSM like Fox News, etc, who'll just give a totally one-sided and biased view, because they're scared of people rising up and actually creating change in the system.

Many of us noticed this happen last year in the UK :

More than a quarter of a million people have marched through central London to deliver a powerful message about the government's cuts in public spending. The generally good-natured mood was soured by violent and destructive attacks on symbols of wealth including the Ritz, banks and a luxury car dealer, and an occupation of the upmarket food store Fortnum and Mason.

Source

In an amazing stroke of co-incidence, just as Ed Miliband (the leader of the opposition in the UK.) had started speaking to protesters gathered in Hyde park, the BBC cut from what he was saying as black bloc protesters began smashing things up. It all seemed so perfectly timed, as if it was drawing attention away from what Ed Miliband was saying and instead focusing on the most negative element, one that the vast majority of the peaceful protesters didn't even want anything to do with.

So there's easily the possibility that black bloc protesters are maybe organised by rogue elements linked to one or more of the police, government, corporations, or powerful manipulators, and the MSM then focuses on the negative instead of the positive. Which they seem to love doing. How often do you read about positive things in the MSM? What percentage of the news is negative and what positive? And there's no agenda there?

So yeah, be prepared for things to go sour in places today, it has a good chance of happening, but also know that around 99% of the OWS people will want nothing to do with it. Although that certainly won't be the view put forward by the MSM or people with an agenda against OWS.

edit on 1-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Its getting crazy out there. everything and everyone is coming un glued. I like the fact that they are having the G20 (or G8, cant remember) in Chicago! #1 crime capital in the USA! With record poverty and people being pushed to the brink. Its like asking for trouble!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You should be ashamed of yourself for your willingness to protect your country while putting down civilians. Why don't you go volunteer to crack some skulls with those cops, fascist?

According to you and your group, anyone who disagrees with you is called a fascist.

Since when is defending the constitution against enemies foreign and domestic considered fascism? The idea is to protect Liberty and the freedom and integrity of the American People. Not to bash skulls with cops and put down civilians, but yeah as a last resort if said civilians and even cops become a threat and enemies to the Constitutional Freedoms and Liberty, then they would be dealt with and not by beating them with batons and putting them in the hospital.
edit on 1-5-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join