It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pretty sure this building is going to collapse - Sharjah Skyscraper!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
No no!! In Dubai they use REAL STEEL! Not the substandard crap the Rockefellers used on the WTC!! It's an absolute miracle that those towers stood for 29 years without falling into their own footprint amidst a pyroclastic cloud!

Or maybe they just really misled us about the damage from the '93 Bill Clinton bombing.....

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

"i remember getting a call from the fire department, saying they weren't able to contain the fire, so maybe the best thing would be to pull it, so we made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse." from an interview with dubai silverstein III, 31.4.2012 (AP/HuffPost).

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911

"i remember getting a call from the fire department, saying they weren't able to contain the fire, so maybe the best thing would be to pull it, so we made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse." from an interview with dubai silverstein III, 31.4.2012 (AP/HuffPost).

If you are going to quote someone how about doing it honestly. Silverstein actually said " And THEY made that decision to pull "

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

That's correct. He did say "they made that decision to pull"...

Still, it's an admission of demolition that was later denied.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gumshoe
Interesting. No news outlets are covering this yet. All I could find were articles on past fires from '07 and '11.
You would think the tallest building in the world being on fire would make the news.

yeah, your right...you would also think that 3 reactor meltdowns with massive ongoing releases of radiation in japan would also make news.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
well at least you spelled crap correctly hooper
unlike the wtc nothing to see here move along folks move along

Hopper doesn't cut steel for a living, he's a expert
edit on 30-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

How do you know what I do for a living?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

OP, your thread title is crap. People like you should do more research on their topics to be sure what they title their threads reflect the story they post on ATS.

Either you are doing this for attention, stars, flags, or whatever....I don't care. But when I dig into the story and find out it is NOT reflective of the thread, I get mad.

Stop wasting our time with this nonsense and do some homework for a change.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

How do you mean? You found more news about this? We can't seem to find much.

I had a few drinks before posting the title, I felt compelled to share my sarcasm with others who feel exactly the same about those towers falling.

If you can provide us with more in depth news about the Dubai skyscraper fire, by all means, share with the group. When I google it I find my thread twice on page 1.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That building is not in Dubai, it's in Sharjah.

I know because I live there.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Dubai skyscraper on fire!

As we know from physics... this building is due to collapse within the hour!
The heat, it's just too intense for the steel. The structure should turn to powder soon!

What physics are you talking about?

Is this made from the SAME steel as the WTC's?

How many airplanes slammed into this building?

What temp is this fire buring at?

What temp did the WTC fires burn at?

How much jet fuel was released into this present building fire?

When was this building constructed?

When was the WTC constructed?

Were the exact same plans and materials used for this building and the 3 building of the World Trade Center?, If not, how can you even begin to pretend to compare the 2 incidents like they are "sister" situations?

So basically your comment "As we know from physics" is utterely useless in this case, is it not?

You are comparing apples and oranges while holding a cucumber.

Please find a new angle people, this sarcasam is getting pretty old while trying to prove a point about one incident while using an entirely different incident. Quite ludacris (at best), dont ya' think.

Ever wake up in the morning and check ATS to realize you posted a thread while you were drunk the night before? Well this is one of those mornings......

Responding to your own post and admitting you were drunk while posting this, remember the sauce and ATS is BAD combination!!!!

Dorian Soran
edit on 30-4-2012 by DorianSoran because: wanted to add the quote about the OP being drunk while posting so no one thinks I made that up - thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
I would say something about the location of the fire, prior damage to the building, or reference the building design, but I know you guys too well. Thinking about it from anything close to a logical standpoint puts your knickers in a twist.

But yet OSers like to use an overpass in California directly over a gasoline fire that walked off it's supports due to thermal expansion as a comparison and it's just A-OK with you guys?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I had a few drinks before posting the title, I felt compelled to share my sarcasm with others who feel exactly the same about those towers falling.

If you can provide us with more in depth news about the Dubai skyscraper fire, by all means, share with the group. When I google it I find my thread twice on page 1.

Maybe it's because it wasn't in Dubai

en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com...

Sharjah, April 28 (IANS/WAM) A 40-storey residential building in Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Saturday caught fire, but there were no casualties. Civil defence personnel managed to contain the fire that broke out in Nahda area around 2 a.m. No one was injured in the blaze but residents were evacuated to a nearby park. However, at least 45 cars were damaged. Firefighters battled for three hours to control the flames. Forensic investigators later began a probe to determine the cause of the fire.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
so whats the latest in Sharjah, UAB? this happened to only one building (al nadha) on saturday? the building collapsed??

what CAUSED it.. and yea isnt it ironic when the twins were hit, NOBODY said 'im pretty sure those buildings are gonna collapse~' (besides silversteins, many israelis, cia etc)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

"we can knock it out with 2 lines".... firefighter with experience who died on 9/11.

What was he talking about? Where is the rest of his quote? Where was he when he said this?

Will you answer the above questions?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I am not here to do your research and post it. You are the OP. You are a drunkard. Nuff said.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

But yet OSers like to use an overpass in California directly over a gasoline fire that walked off it's supports due to thermal expansion as a comparison and it's just A-OK with you guys?

Truthers, for some reason, believe that thermal expansion is a new phenomenon. Critical thinkers, I would assume, use the overpass as an example as to how thermal expansion works with steel.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I trust you are sober now?

Google: 40 story building in Al Nahda fire

Search
About 406,000 results (0.38 seconds)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I had a few drinks before posting the title

It was actually Sharjah, so that is why you probably were not able to find any more information.

Here is some more info.

gulfnews.com...

www.thenational.ae...

www.constructionweekonline.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sallamy
That building is not in Dubai, it's in Sharjah.

I know because I live there.

That would explain the lack of news available about this fire, thank you.
I can't seem to find anything about a skyscraper fire in Shariah either. (I spelled it wrong)

reply to post by DorianSoran

Do you really want to go over all those WTC steel details? Aren't there enough threads and articles that discuss what you're asking me to display?

Jet fuel does not burn hot enough to melt steel, especially steel encased in concrete.
Exploding "the top" portion of a skyscraper should not make the remaining 70+ floors turn to dust.
The 1st floor's steel beams had to support the weight of the 99 floors above, pretty strong right? Nope, according to the new physics, when a fire takes place 70 floors above, all the steel below turns to Nerf foam rubber and completely give way when a little bit more weight is placed upon them, ie.- collapsing top floors.

Maybe you should do more research on towering infernos and take notice of hours burned, height, wind/oxygen fed flames, etc.

ETA- thanks for the links about this, now I need to go through them and make 911 comparisons.

edit on 30-4-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I am not here to do your research and post it. You are the OP. You are a drunkard. Nuff said.

You are so friendly and helpful, thank you.
And it's called binge drinking, I partake in a few whiskeys on occasion, one needs whiskey to deal with the lunacy sometimes.

The fire is not in Dubai so I couldn't find anything about it, the initial videos stated it was in Dubai. I apologize for their mistakes. I am not from that area of the world so I don't recognize those buildings. I just reported what I thought were the facts of location. Now that's been corrected and we can continue with accurate info.

I smoke cigarettes too, got any insults or titles for smokers that are insulting?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join