It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Smithsonian preventing any research into Giants?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Ah yes that is what I was looking for! Thank you for finding it! I read that before, it is so interesting that the Native Americans actually exterminated them.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

It is most definitely true that these things were monsters. Common indian legends has it that they frequently ate each other, raped, pillaged, and did all other manner of detestable things. In other words they were just horrifying, evil creatures.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
reply to post by petrus4

It is most definitely true that these things were monsters. Common indian legends has it that they frequently ate each other, raped, pillaged, and did all other manner of detestable things. In other words they were just horrifying, evil creatures.

Not too surprisingly that's also exactly how the Indians described the White men invading their country.
(Well, maybe not including the eating bit. I'm not so sure about how far back into the Wild West that Jeffrey Dahmer's ancestors go).

reg

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hey there, great thread.

It just so happens that my favorite podcast 'Mysterious Universe' this week features an interview with a guy named Scott Roberts on this very subject. I haven't listened to it myself yet so couldn't tell you if it's any good or not but here's the link to listen to it mysteriousuniverse.org...

Cheers... reg

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

And vice versa. The natives were described as savages in the same way. It makes it easier to try and destroy the enemy, after dehumanizing them

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I believe there were two sets. The first set of Nephilim worked as enforcers for the Annunaki but left and after they left the planet the Annunaki then started a breeding program to try create their own version of Nephilim to do the same job the previous ones did BUT this program failed. The few that were successfully bred had deformities (cyclops) and did not survive very long. The original Nephilim were space travellers so they were highly intelligent and I believe played some part in the construction of Ancient monuments.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
If we go back into prehistory millions of years, giganticism was the thing. Not just Godzilla's buddies but plant life, insects etc. I'm thinking that for such huge creatures to exist there must have been a lower gravity on Earth, as wild and wacky as that sounds. But a lower-g environment Would explain giganticism, and it would probably be the Only thing to explain it.

I would have to respectfully disagree because then all things in the past would be giant, which is not true.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite

True. It would lend a certain amount of truth to the Bible however. Since these beings are essentially a Biblical thing brought to life.

bible?? on the contrary

greek history anyone?? CLASH OF THE TITANS?? has nothing to do with the bible.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by infowarrior9970

false

it all ties together

where do you think the Greek mythos comes from? I'm not saying the Bible specifically, but more accurately, the same events that led the people of the Bible to write about giants as well as the Greek mythologies. Even the oldest literature we have like the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Also, this would show WHY God ordered the ancient Israelites to destroy entire tribes. They were a race of fallen species. "All the descendants of Anak".

It gives a WHOLE new perspective of the Bible that people like Quayle have been saying all along.

Even the main stream church don't accept Giants in literal history (at least for the most part). It's the pink elephant in the room that most Christians don't like talking about.

I would say it would gives credence to ancient history in general. It would explain the construction of megalithic structures etc. As Quayle says, these giants weren't just big buffoons. They were intelligent creatures. Half angelic, half man.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n
reply to post by randomname

many here on ats will spontaneous combust in front of their computer, causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in fire damage as well as the evacuation of their apartment buildings and neighbours, if that were the case and the existence of God was proven.

Funny... like in ha - ha

Although I'd have to disagree with you, if anything it would confirm the Sumarian texts which were written 1000's of years before the bible (and to which the bible is loosly based off of).

And this supposed "god" is just an exterestrial that had some great technology the ancients could not understand...and once the Sumerian texts are confirmed, it would confirm that we were created as a slave race to mine gold.... oh wait we still mine gold and stock pile in just a few places around the world.

the all powerful spiritual "god" of Moses does not make sense, a flesh and blood "being" with technology predating our current tech by 100,000 years does..

*looks at watch* - wonder when they are going to pick the shipment up

Very well said indeed... Amazing what happens when people use logic instead of faith... * for you

I seriously doubt humans came up with numbers... because if it weren't for numbers what would we really have? just MO...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
They Live...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...-%20LIVING%20APE-MEN

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Darn it! Youtube no worky with new Blackberry

I was reading up on Quale a few months back, can't remember much of it now though...any chance you can fill me in? There are giant skelingtons, fact? How many? Any official accounts of this? Or it it an eleborate hoax?

i think they will throw in the odd hoax in here and there,
so people will call all giant pics /vids are just a hoax
just my thought , as i think they do that to all subjects

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Giants built Stonehenge, too...

tnephilim.blogspot.com...

But, Ssssh, don't use the G word! In fact everyone's encouraged not to call them that these days.
And a feller named Harte apparently has devoted his life to suppressing them...

A William Hart is mentioned here:
jcolavito.tripod.com...

Read around here regarding the Smithsonian's evil-doings with recovered Giant remains:
www.ufodigest.com...

Here the Smithsonian screws non-Americans yet again, just as they hailed Columbus as being the First discoverer of America and the American Indians were the only race living here before the White Man:
www.deepsky.com...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Because there was no giants...the Bible is not a history book, it is an allegory/metaphor. Why do some of you have such a hard time believing this? it was never about "magic and super-human powers"....it is about getting by....the transition is so easy to see.....the move from hunter gatherer to an agrarian society....is the metaphor described in Genesis...and the garden of Eden story,,,,omg....you are so wrong and so out of touch.....there is no Adam....no Eve...no Lilith....it is a freaking story to describe a fundamental change.....we now own the land and the beasts of the land...we are no longer "hunting" our food in a mysterious garden".....we are commanders and owners now....you fail if you do not "get" this....
\
I know...the lovers and the haters will smash me....but you uys give little credit to science....and you should.....science ays that nearly all of this is...well...actually possible.....why is that so scarey to endorse?

Well unless you are a demon and are really working hard to demolish positive effects....which I guess they do....

wake up folks...the devil is here in this thread.....

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Helix2112

I'm a freakin' ATHEIST, man! I'M not quoting the bible or making references to it!

I'm going by the digs:
www.xpeditionsmagazine.com...

They're all over the planet, in fact. Yet nobody's mentioning the G word!

And read Quayle's book. No, I don't mean that joke book written by a former vice president!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Helix2112

I'm a freakin' ATHEIST, man! I'M not quoting the bible or making references to it!
I'm going by the digs:
www.xpeditionsmagazine.com...
They're all over the planet, in fact. Yet nobody's mentioning the G word!

There was a lot of fakery and confabulation going on in those days. Here, from the article you cite is a key phrase: "Evidence for the occupation of this region before the appearance of the red man and the white race is to be found in almost every part of the county, as well as through the northwest generally."

The First Nations posed a couple of serious problems fro the European settlement process.
1) They weren't accounted for in the Bible.
2) They insisted in asserting some rights to the lands they had traditionally occupied.

The British had already set an example by recognising those rights and buying the lands. Cheated them mercilessly, but generally had paper on the deal. American expansion quickly set aside those paltry niceties and focused, instead, on disenfranchising them entirely. If they didn't have first claim on the lands, then they could be run off with impunity. So they were. Ancient "Giant's and redheads and whites, oh my! " became that rationale. And let's face it, if FOX still reserves the right to lie and call it news, why should we give the 19th century press any more credence than them? I know lots of archaeologists who have excavated FN burials...not one has reported anything hinky...or giant.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I know. Sitting right smack in the middle of it is the infamous Cardiff Giant. Throw it out and the hoaxes which followed and there's tons of excavations of Giants, most of which were sent to the Smithsonian to...disappear!
It's the same story over and over again: skeletons found and lost. It's a cover-up, trust me. There's just too many records of these things being dug up, not to mention Indian testimony that their ancestors fought these big guys.
Everything points to the Mound-Builders being Giants (as their Mounds are Tombs for their dead) and these Mounds are scattered all over the U.S. though mostly in the East. Towards the West many were buried in caves.
The conspirators include John Wesley Powell, Cyrus Thomas, and others.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Everything points to the Mound-Builders being Giants (as their Mounds are Tombs for their dead) and these Mounds are scattered all over the U.S. though mostly in the East.

Follow up on a little archaeology and ethnology...the descendents of the moundbuilders are still with us. If you are half as enthusiastic in researching the science as you are the...is poop too strong a word?...you'll find that real story is equally as compelling. Not as tall, but compelling.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Naturally the Mound-Builders interbred with some Indians. Their descendants are alive today. If that's what you mean. But the genes are obviously watered-down, as I don't see any 10' tall Ingins walking around today.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Naturally the Mound-Builders interbred with some Indians. Their descendants are alive today. If that's what you mean. But the genes are obviously watered-down, as I don't see any 10' tall Ingins walking around today.

Nice little wiki piece on the moundbuilders...other wise known as Mississippians: en.wikipedia.org... . But I'm not sure you can cite your assertion -> "Naturally the Mound-Builders interbred with some Indians"

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join