It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Catholic Bishops Call for Obama Protests in June/July

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I've been posting in this thread since it started...it just hit me....even God doesn't like Obama....

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
So an organization that continually attempts to cover up it's child molestations is against Obama...good or bad...

Does anyone besides Catholics actually respect what this religion thinks?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
So an organization that continually attempts to cover up it's child molestations is against Obama...good or bad...

Does anyone besides Catholics actually respect what this religion thinks?

What individuals do within the church has no bearing on what the government wants to do with the church.

Changing narritives won't work.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I know nothing about the way priests are being paid over there? Over here, priests are being paid by the state. Now assuming the same is going on over there, I would plea to have that bishop fired. There should be such a thing as a separation between church and state. Religion should have nothing to do with politics, with the state offering protection of the right to believe whatever one likes to believe. Even the flying spaghetti monster.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes

I know nothing about the way priests are being paid over there? Over here, priests are being paid by the state. Now assuming the same is going on over there, I would plea to have that bishop fired. There should be such a thing as a separation between church and state. Religion should have nothing to do with politics, with the state offering protection of the right to believe whatever one likes to believe. Even the flying spaghetti monster.

What do you do (re; separation of church and state) when the "state" starts determining what your church should do within its own religious tenents?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Well...that knocks out about 95% of the Hispanic vote for Obama. They are devoutly Catholic.

The Catholic Church was a major factor in Kennedy getting into office....maybe they still have the influence to do the reverse with Obama...

Des

If christians FOLLOWED the words of Jesus, instead of just bleating that they believe in Jesus,

well no politians would be elected.

and there would not be a '1%'er problem, they would have given all their $$$ away.

its all just meanless bs rhetoric

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The Catholic Church being against a politician is akin to the KKK being against a politician. Really only makes them look better

The Catholic Church is a vast corporation of criminals, pedophiles and manipulation. Anyone who still supports it is sick in the head

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Bet Obama wasn't expecting this when he decided to take on the Catholic Church.

So Obama has cracked down on church of Rome paedophile priests has he?

They appear upset by that!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
yup...they killed people that didn't follow catholic teachings....you republicans ever hear of the dark ages?? please go read some history

They also "forgot" about the Inquisition.... run by the church of Rome

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by jimmyx
yup...they killed people that didn't follow catholic teachings....you republicans ever hear of the dark ages?? please go read some history

Narritive change!
Narritive change!

OMG!

The posters were getting too close to the core issue of having the government dictate to a religion!

Narritive change!
Blame Bush!
Call them all paedophiles!
Run around hysterically!

*THHHHBBBBLLLPPPPTTTTTTTTTT!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How bout we keep the narrAtive on topic then:

Obama wants all Catholics to have easy access to birth control. Many, many Catholic women (and men) use birth control.

There really is no issue, because apparently if you use BC, you are not a true Catholic. If none of them are using BC because of their beliefs, there is no problem.

Besides, the more Birth Control being used by Catholics, the less children are being abused by priests. It's a win-win. If any group needs to control their birth, it's them
edit on 25-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
reply to post by beezzer

How bout we keep the narrAtive on topic then:

Obama wants all Catholics to have easy access to birth control. Many, many Catholic women (and men) use birth control.

There really is no issue, because apparently if you use BC, you are not a true Catholic. If none of them are using BC because of their beliefs, there is no problem.

Besides, the more Birth Control being used by Catholics, the less children are being abused by priests. It's a win-win. If any group needs to control their birth, it's them
edit on 25-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Then there would be no reason what so ever for the president to dictate. But he is. He is telling a religion what they can and cannot do.

It is forbidden in the 1st Ammendment (not that it has stopped him in the past)
Bottom line?

Don't dictate to a religion.
Ever.

Silly thing called freedom.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by beezzer

Narritive change!
Narritive change!

A narrative change is in the favor of Catholicism. You do not want us to dig up all the bullcrap they spout about birth control. Honestly, every single Catholic person I've met has been deranged. Mentally unstable. Controlling, manipulative to the point of psychopathy. And here you are, claiming that not a single catholic should or does use birth control, so when a president says so - you can become as rowdy as possible: "NO CONDOMS!", which is a retarded notion and goes to show how out of touch with reality Catholics are.

It doesn't matter if catholics are deranged or not.

No president has the right to dictate to a religion.
Ever.

God help us all if he succeeds. Then no-one will be safe.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Oh sorry 50 million between the dark ages and now.

again .. your number is dead wrong. read a history book.

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
Over here, priests are being paid by the state. Now assuming the same is going on over there,

Wrong. Parish priests are paid by the church.
Religious priests (those in monastaries, cloisters) aren't paid at all.

Originally posted by spoor

Lordy .. you guys are really amazing (and not in a good way). :shk:
What happened 500 years ago in Europe has NOTHING to do
with the US Constitution and Americans having a right to freedom of religion.

Originally posted by Hawking
Obama wants all Catholics to have easy access to birth control.

Um ... no. Obama wants to force the Catholic church to provide free birth control and free abortions to people who chose to work in Catholic Church outreaches (catholic church hospitals, catholic church schools, etc), even though doing so is against the Catholic faith. These people have easy access to birth control already ... a 25 cent condom available at most drug stores or gas stations and planned parenthood gives the stuff away like candy.

The Catholic faith says it is a mortal sin (you go to hell) if you partake in birth control or even help others partake in it. So by trying to force the Catholic church to go against it's religion, he is violating their Constiutional rights.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

every single Catholic person I've met has been deranged. Mentally unstable. Controlling, manipulative to the point of psychopathy.

1 - You obviously have no idea what psychopathy really is.
2 - You obviously have no idea how to decide when a person is mentally unstable.
3 - ALL CATHOLICS are controlling and manipulative?
Congrats .. you just lost any credibility you might have had. :shk:

And here you are, claiming that not a single catholic should or does use birth control, .

WRONG. That's NOT what anyone is claiming. Did you read the thread or are you just spouting? Many catholics use birth control. But that's IRRELEVANT. The FACT is that the Catholic faith doesn't allow it and doesn't allow Catholics to provide it for others. If the government tries to force the Catholic church to provide it then the government is infringing on the Constitutional rights of Americans ... it's a power grab for more control and it's a slippery slope for the government to grab more and more unconstitutional power.

People here are letting their anti-Catholic bigotry blind them to what is really going on.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

1 - You obviously have no idea what psychopathy really is.

I really do know.

2 - You obviously have no idea how to decide when a person is mentally unstable.

Obviously, I do.

3 - ALL CATHOLICS are controlling and manipulative?

I said EVERY SINGLE ONE that I've had the displeasure to meet. Not all of them. And if you're a catholic you're not doing a great service of proving yourself anything other than manipulative.

The FACT is that the Catholic faith doesn't allow it and doesn't allow Catholics to provide it for others.

And that is the crux of the issue; there is no reality in that.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The FACT is that the Catholic faith doesn't allow it and doesn't allow Catholics to provide it for others.

So you get to determine what a religion allows and doesn't allow?

wow.

You got some big pants!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

wow.

You got some big pants!

Not me. Reality dictates. Just as I voice my opinion about burqas in Europe or Islam in Iran, I voice my opinion about the Catholic sect. In fact, do you want me to look up posts where you do the same towards the Islamic religion...trying to tell them what is and is not allowed? I guess you must have some big pants as well.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

wow.

You got some big pants!

Not me. Reality dictates. Just as I voice my opinion about burqas in Europe or Islam in Iran, I voice my opinion about the Catholic sect. In fact, do you want me to look up posts where you do the same towards the Islamic religion...trying to tell them what is and is not allowed? I guess you must have some big pants as well.

Sure. Just keep it in context. Big difference though, I haven't had any roman catholics try to kill me lately.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join