It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's final post, from fantasticforum.com:

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Be gentle, we've only done two of these so far...

Sure it's free advertising, but it's also a chance to interact with them. I can hold back my criticisms for that chance. Some may come here and want to engage in debate, I hope that this is indeed what happens, but so far, no takers on that angle...

Lear did pretty much accept the criticism and challenges to his theories though, when it was done without namecalling, etc. Sadly, we did not have the full duration as planned, before he dropped out of it...so there were many questions that we didn't get to.

My own feelings are that JL actually found about 5 pieces to a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, that actually went to that puzzle. The other 995 pieces were all from different puzzles, and he tried to put them all together, with disastrous results.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I thought Lear was great cause he didn't take himself uber-seriously. He would poke fun at himself and would state that he really had no proof, that it was his opinion. Lear's postings and theories (at least for me) were always so much fun to read, rather I believed them or not. At least they always made you think "What If?" But I understand why he would back out now, he's gotten so much ridicule over the years, and he's said before that his interest with ET's?UFO's put a strain on his family relationships, especially his marriage. Also, if you read interviews with him in the earlier articles he seems alot more enthusiastic then he has of late, especially when he was a guest speaker I felt a lack of interest on his part. I think that's understandable, he's had the gig a while, I just hope he has a good retirement and may God bless him.

SMR

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What is this,the 'Trash John Lear' thread?
Did any of you who call him a fraud or 'nuts' make you statement clear when he was here?Did anyone of you U2U him telling him he was full of crap?
Funny how when a person leaves in any situation,people start bashing the person in question knowing they cant defend themselves since they are no longer here.
Sorry to see him go.I did not take what he said 100%,but did have an open mind to some things he said that had some proof to.
I hope all guests that come here dont end up getting the same treatment once they leave.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I guess we'll see how they stand up to more criticism, if you see my latest in the Event thread.

John faced plenty of tough questions when he was here. He did so with humility and humor, for the most part. There were plenty who ripped into him while he was here though.

I try to be more polite (such as in the current Event). I've presented my findings and invited a counter argument. With John, he wasn't claiming any proof, so such criticism simply wasn't needed, and it was more fun to find out details on previously said items (at least for me).

SMR

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I agree

While he submitted no proof,he was doing as MOST do here in this area/subject,speculate and give witness accounts.
Why are the people who insist they saw a UFO/craft that post here,be called delusional?Crazy?
Some may submit what 'seems' to be proof in images,but that does not make them fact.
People just need to be a little more open minded and if they disagree,so be it.But do it in a polite manner.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, just to throw a curve ball in the discussion, how do we know that that post was really from him? Or any of the posts?

SMR

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
He prooved it time and time again.Just look through the thread and look at the images people sent to him,then he put them on his PC and took pictures and then posted them here.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11thdimension
OR-Perhaps he was paid a special visit or phone call? Not saying what he said is or is not the truth, but a flip flop like that seems a little bizzare.Only he knows for sure IMO.

Death threats (not to mention assasinations) are routinely made by the "shadowy" secret gov't. This is a given, I feel. And it's more than probable that John's been the target of several of these over the years. Perhaps they got just a little too close for comfort, this time around; and perhaps John finally realized he's not much use to his family dead.

However, I don't believe, for a second, that John really "disbelieves" everything he's risked his life to uncover, and disclose to the public, the past two decades. The complete reversal is, though, as you say, "bizarre" and indicates that there's more here, than meet's the eye at first glance. Btw, does anyone recall how the Roswell movie ends? With disinformation!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have researched Mr. Lear's past extensively. All I have to say is that though, personally, I cannot swallow his claims, I can say that he was always a gentleman, even under the most severe attacks. And they came often.

I wish this peaceful man well, and hope that his years to come bring peace and happiness.

Grandkids are always a special blessing.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grail_Hunter
Death threats (not to mention assasinations) are routinely made by the "shadowy" secret gov't. This is a given, I feel. And it's more than probable that John's been the target of several of these over the years. Perhaps they got just a little too close for comfort, this time around; and perhaps John finally realized he's not much use to his family dead.

However, I don't believe, for a second, that John really "disbelieves" everything he's risked his life to uncover, and disclose to the public, the past two decades. The complete reversal is, though, as you say, "bizarre" and indicates that there's more here, than meet's the eye at first glance. Btw, does anyone recall how the Roswell movie ends? With disinformation!

Yep,I'm on the same page as you.My gut tells me he was leaned on,probably quite hard,and I'm not sure it was JUST to do with UFO's,but perhaps some OTHER cover-ups(if you read his thread on the speaker forum,it will become apparent what I'm referring to).And I don't think for a second that he suddenly 'disbelieves' either,I think that may be a 'scripted',or coerced statement.Just my opinions though,so all you debunkers don't attack me for just thinking out loud.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
For example his claim of mile long domes on the moon? It just seems to me that if this site is here to deny ignorance then we must be harder on those with the most wild claims.

In all fairness to John, others have claimed the same thing. One of the key witnesses in "The Disclosure Project" swears he was shown photos by someone inside Nasa of a moon base (on the back side of the moon) with towers estimated to be "at least" a half mile high. I don't think John was claiming anything more than this. With structures that tall, there is'nt much difference between .5 and 1.0. If you can erect a tower that's a half mile high, a tower twice that height no longer seems so preposterous, I think ...

SMR

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I gave links to the said images a few pages back.
They may not be the exact ones,but they are nasa images.
I think I even gave a few links.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
I gave links to the said images a few pages back.
They may not be the exact ones,but they are nasa images.
I think I even gave a few links.

I must be blind, 'cause I can't see them. Did you post them in this thread, or another one?

SMR

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

My bad,I said this thread.
I meant the John Lear thread that was started first before he beame a 'guest' by ATS.
I will find it and post a link.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks it is a little wierd that he specifically mentions his grandson? Isn't it a little wierd that after all these years of talking about this stuff he says "I was wrong and I want to spend more time with my grandson". They don't seem to go together do they? Maybe he is trying to tell us that he got word to shut up or something bad may happen to his grandson. Just a theory . . .

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Could someone please tell me what is going on here?

I never followed the post close enough to snap he was gone. Now were talking about conspiracy to keep him quiet. What happened?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Look. Maybe he IS just sick of it all. If you read his posts, he talked about schlepping through life, getting by on his father's money and fame. Maybe he has neglected his family and he wants to fix things before it's too late. I'm a father of two and I have things, silly things, that have taken too much time away from them. I stopped because I'm no spring chicken and every time I turn around, the kids are bigger, I'm older, and nothing got accomplished. Lazar isn't dead, Friedman isn't dead- Mr. Lear is not being threatened, he wants his REAL life back, he wants to be with his family. I honestly don't believe anything beyond that. Afterall Greys, Nordics, Reptoids, Annunaki, etc.- It could all be fiction. Good luck John.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
lol, of course he may just be sick of it, but this is a site that is dedicated to conspiricies and mysteries!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptAvatar
lol, of course he may just be sick of it, but this is a site that is dedicated to conspiricies and mysteries!!!

Well,according to the member,"THENEO"-"ATS is the only site where every picture is automatically a fake or a hoax,and every conspiracy is NOT one"...I think someone actually has that line in their signature.HAHA...Hilarious,yet pretty accurate of many of the folks takes on things.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by 11thdimension]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
What is this,the 'Trash John Lear' thread?

maybe

Did any of you who call him a fraud or 'nuts' make you statement clear when he was here?

yes, a lot of people did. I questioned his motives.

Did anyone of you U2U him telling him he was full of crap?

Should we have? I didn't....

Funny how when a person leaves in any situation,people start bashing the person in question knowing they cant defend themselves since they are no longer here.

He�s probably still around. Just no longer taking an active part in the dialogue.

Sorry to see him go.I did not take what he said 100%,but did have an open mind to some things he said that had some proof to.
I hope all guests that come here dont end up getting the same treatment once they leave.

I hope they don�t get treated badly either. As stated, I questioned John Lear�s motives. I don�t think that was wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join