It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Now! Midwest radar showing strange returns

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Have you EVER seen ground clutter that extended over 4 to 5 counties before?

Ground clutter only covers a very small area directly around the radar image right at the center.

ENOUGH with the ground clutter stuff none of us are stupid�

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think Lexta's explanations are more than reasonable. At least he bothered to research the phenomena.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
maybe tornado ally is moving up a little bit it is possible
or it could be a high going into a cold front im not from america but in new zealand we do get the ocassional little twister and warm confronting cold
but it is a vast question

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
someone said something about chicago, and i live in rockford IL which is about and 1h30m from chicago and we experienced some pretty heavy rain today. i have been an amature weather watcher since i was about 10 and i will be 19 in october, either way i agree that this isnt really anything new. as far as it spanning over continents, i didnt see any pics of it so i can't say for sure.

DIGITALGRL

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Check this other thread, especially this quote, from the same area, a couple of days earlier about FEMA movements, and some kind of weird atmospheric thing that was happening

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by SimpleMan
It seems as though "sinkholes and flooding" were not the issue that day:

rense.com...

If a Moderator feels this should be moved elsewhere to a place of higher prominence please do so.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Have you EVER seen ground clutter that extended over 4 to 5 counties before?

Ground clutter only covers a very small area directly around the radar image right at the center.

ENOUGH with the ground clutter stuff none of us are stupid�

Well, I have to say I've seen it before and spread over several counties. Sorry to burst the conspiracy bubble. I just don't see the evil empire at work here.

Here's the link to tonight radar. You will please note that a cold front is pushing through the eastern part of the country. In fact, metro Detroit is due for its first hard frost tonight.
www.wunderground.com...

BTW, how new are you to weather watching?

[edit on 2-10-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Right now, on Oct 2, 2004, at about 6:45 when I looked at the radar map, I just see one big fat pulsating blob radiating from Chicago in a radius that extands clear down by Champaign Urbana region. Looks like a storm , probably a pretty nasty one, judging by the red and pink zones over Chicago (Its on the -28 to +28 mode). But sadly, I missed out on the Blod Phenomina, I would have loved to have been there to see it, but I was away last Friday.

I have never seen ground clutter extend over such wide areas all at the same time tho. I hope someone saved me some screenshots?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Its just sky mist and extreme humidity. Probably circling over bay or lake regions because of the water. Yep very misty today

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm not located in the midwest, so I can't look out the window and see what the current weather conditions are. Weather.com doppler radar currently as I type this shows nothing within 600 miles of Chicago. I'll have to go by the earlier postings and screen captures. As a former military radar operator my opinion is that what we're looking at is unfiltered ground clutter.

The reason that ground clutter is usually confined to the immediate vicinity of the antenna is that known objects are filtered out by computer. In the screen caps you'll notice that the "blobs" are concentric in relation to the antennae returning the data.

I think a computer error is responsible for not filtering out the ground clutter, and whatever other anomalies people may think they have observed (rotating/circulating radar returns or whatever) are a result of the same or some other atmospheric anomaly

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by The Vagabond
It's not that I'm ignoring the "rational explanations" as you call them, it's simply that I haven't heard a rational explanation yet.

Can I assume this explanation doesn't work for you?

My-Cast Personal Radar - Data from the National Weather Service network of Next Generation Radars (NEXRAD) is updated continuously,...
Occasionally, there will be light blue or green indications around the radar site when there really isn't any noticeable precipitation. This is called ground clutter and is a common radar error, especially in the morning and evening, and in the spring and fall.

www.my-cast.com...:IMG:2=

Also, as an amateur weather watacher, I can tell you I've seen this type of activity before, usually in the spring or falll. This is nothing new.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

No it doesn't work, and I'll thank you to take my word for it that I have been reading the previous posts, rather than repeating them for no reason everytime somebody questions them.
1. The ground clutter is fairly huge in these pics. You can see just a small blob over chicago frequently since the blobs have moved- that i will accept as ground clutter, but not the big ones.
2. As i observed earlier, some of them take turns phasing out.
3. Only American cities have this "ground clutter".
4. My grandfather who co-founded and managed one of Sunkist's major citrus suppliers and as a result has extensive experience in reading, interpereting, and making decisions based on weather data was completely baffled when I showed him these things.
5. This ground clutter seems to have an eye in the middle, while the posts i've read previously indicate that the clutter be right over the station (i allow for the possibility that the eye appears because clutter has been edited out, but then why is the rest of the blob not edited out?)
6. There is that troublesome 1999 image at the top of page 3 in this thread with the ring shape ground clutter over arizona.
7. The ground clutter seems to rotate or at lease pulsate at times, and in some cases has strange spikes to it almost as if something were being projected out from the blob.
8. I assume that each dot on the map represents one station's image, so when multiple blobs appear in one image we can assume that the blobs are not centered over radar stations, correct?
9. This common error isn't being edited out? Wouldn't a big false image of a moisture pocket in the air over the station sort of negate the whole point of having stations that display clear-air mode radar?

EDIT: And no I'm not saying this has to do with some friggin evil empire, i'm just saying that you're trying with all of your might to force the conclusion of ground clutter. Fine by me if it's a fruit-fly migration, but I want the right answer, not the one that puts your mind at ease fastest. So can you perhaps provide some more details about ground clutter which will show similarities between the blobs and ground clutter, or are you just gonna keep riding your (dying) high horse?

[edit on 3-10-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SgtNFury
I think a computer error is responsible for not filtering out the ground clutter, and whatever other anomalies people may think they have observed (rotating/circulating radar returns or whatever) are a result of the same or some other atmospheric anomaly

Well, considering that we are getting some level of professional opinion here (although I hasten to mention that unless i have misunderstood, this member was not a meteorologist) I am certainly willing to entertain his opinion.

The obvious questions which follow on this line of reasoning are
1. Specifically what atmospheric conditions might be causing ground clutter to appear differently and consequently begin to recieve all this attention that it's never recieved before? Afterall, unless a few days ago was the first time an ATS member ever saw radar in clear air mode, this shouldn't be the first time we've heard about it, right? So we should seriously think about what could be making ground clutter do the things that these images do, so that we can nail this topic down for good.

2. Has anyone got any insight as to why this computer error has been ongoing for the past couple of weeks now? Maybe somebody would like to ask a friend who might know?

Like I said in my last post, I don't think it's the NWO mothership coming to destroy Earth using HAARP. If it's fruit flies or ground clutter or Bill Gates trying to scare people I can accept that. I just would be more inclined to put it behind me if I had fewer questions remaining about these blobs.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Someone asked, above, what our current weather conditions are... well, it's 39 degrees, there is absolutely ZERO wind (as you can see on the links I provided before), there is NO rain... but a blob that is different than the one from before is hovering over the city of Chicago. It's not circular... but is instead almost starfish shaped.

For the record, I have not seen what i saw a few weeks/days ago occur again since we have all been watching... though similar looking returns have been noticed by others andmyself.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
There is a security blimp over Washington DC? Why wasn't I informed?! I must find a way to vandalize this immediately!

That's just freakin hillarious. Nothing says security like a big slow-moving blimp with absolutely no offensive or defensive capabilities.

By the way, I would like to encourage everybody to join me in wearing orange clothes and visibly carrying a roll of duct-tape on your person for each day of the next orange alert. (my cousin and i really did this for the first 3 days of an alert a while back, but 3/4s of the population just aren't sophisticated enough for our humor.)

count me in dude Im just bored enough to wear the suit carry the duct tape and vandelize the blimp all on the same day

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Did you check the post I made a few above, not that I am a UFO believer, they still where mentioning some other weird activity in the sky and with the military/FEMA. You think that these events are related in anyway?

In addition, your correct I have not seen anything that looked like that night since then. I am not sure that people posting now know to check the Mode on the radar, and such.

Lately when I have checked quite a few of the radars are in Clear Air Mode.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Did you check the post I made a few above, not that I am a UFO believer, they still where mentioning some other weird activity in the sky and with the military/FEMA. You think that these events are related in anyway?

In addition, your correct I have not seen anything that looked like that night since then. I am not sure that people posting now know to check the Mode on the radar, and such.

it was very unusual but I checked 3 differnt sights with 13 differnt views and not only did I see the circles but also On when on one mode had it on loop and zoomed in and generated from the nw quadrant the was a fast moving missle shapped boggie fast mover coming out of the circle in a straight line path N/NW to a location just shy of the second city N/NW outbound from chicago

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm no expert on weather or radar. Granted, these "blobs" are weird and an interesting anamolie, but I'm going to have to go with the ground clutter or inversion theories based on basic logical thinking. HAARP and Chemtrails are unsubstantiated while ground clutter and inverion are well known.

However, I did learn a lot about radar tonight and this whole thread has been an interesting microcosmic study on the evolution of conspiracy theories.

Thanks for the education

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Yes,

I read what you wrote about FEMA... and have noticed other people mentioning Fema in the midwest, too. To be honest, I am leaning towards logging off of ATS and calling an ex-girlfreind in Cleveland to see if she is OK.... But, then again, whenever I log onto ats after 12am i get extra paranoid because these are peak paranoia hours...

But, to get back to what I think is the cause of this... well, right now, I'm simply too tired to write a long, well thought out post (anyone who compares one of my old posts to what I've written lately will notice that), but I have to say that I think something is on the verge of happening... or is lready in progress. Yesterday we had 'The Egyptian Doctor' talking about how terrorists had to keep on fighting even if TOP LEADERSHIP was killed or captured. This makes me wonder if Osama has been caught and the government is fearing a backlash....

...But that couldn't be the cause of the radar oddities, so...

how can I put this? I wonder if all the recent geological activity is related o these radar apparitions. We've seen a lot of seismographic activity across the US recently and some have speculated that many UFOs are caused by electrical forces that are in the process of being released by the earth's crust. If some major tectonic shift is occuring as we speak, it might make sense for these weird image sto appear on the radar.

Anyways... it's almost 3am where I am and i have been up for 48 hours straight. Sorry the above post is incoherent. I am just plum worn out from a variety of things (and probably sound crazy right now).

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Yesterday we had 'The Egyptian Doctor' talking about how terrorists had to keep on fighting even if TOP LEADERSHIP was killed or captured. This makes me wonder if Osama has been caught and the government is fearing a backlash....

...But that couldn't be the cause of the radar oddities, so...

What I am thinking is that clear air mode on these can be use to watch for particulate matter in the air, I am wondering if they are watching for something?

I wonder if all the recent geological activity is related o these radar apparitions. We've seen a lot of seismographic activity across the US recently and some have speculated that many UFOs are caused by electrical forces that are in the process of being released by the earth's crust. If some major tectonic shift is occuring as we speak, it might make sense for these weird image sto appear on the radar.

There are also often EARTHLIGHTS seen and reported as UFO when you have this kind of tectonic activity going on.

Anyways... it's almost 3am where I am and i have been up for 48 hours straight. Sorry the above post is incoherent. I am just plum worn out from a variety of things (and probably sound crazy right now).

Don�t sweat it, your posts sound fine, I have to keep mine short too, I have patients that I have to wake up in the next 30 minutes.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So, OIMD...................you mean to tell me there was NO weather activity in your area?

Because when I was looking at the doppler radar image, I thought it was an image of a big storm centered on chicago, radiating outwards. Was on clear air mode, as has been mentioned above, so i have no clue as to what a big starburst (you called it a starfish, I thought it looked like a starburst, the way it pulsed and radiated, like many doppler images.). But it did not move. There were no other blobs, the only one there was centered around chicago.

As I said, it was purple in the middle then red, then orange, then yellow, at the edges green and blue. It was very colorful.

Since this is supposed to be "clear air" mode, and showing reflectivity.....I dunno what its supposed to mean. it was very strange, because i saw across the map, little tiny green specks scattered, but nothing big.

And now someone is talking about FEMA and stuff.

Keep us posted!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
So, OIMD...................you mean to tell me there was NO weather activity in your area?

Because when I was looking at the doppler radar image, I thought it was an image of a big storm centered on chicago, radiating outwards. Was on clear air mode, as has been mentioned above, so i have no clue as to what a big starburst (you called it a starfish, I thought it looked like a starburst, the way it pulsed and radiated, like many doppler images.). But it did not move. There were no other blobs, the only one there was centered around chicago.

As I said, it was purple in the middle then red, then orange, then yellow, at the edges green and blue. It was very colorful.

Since this is supposed to be "clear air" mode, and showing reflectivity.....I dunno what its supposed to mean. it was very strange, because i saw across the map, little tiny green specks scattered, but nothing big.

And now someone is talking about FEMA and stuff.

Keep us posted!

For the last couple of days the air over Chicago has been extremely clear... and i mean EXTREMELY clear and bright. It's almost been a bluish-purple... like a winter sky without clouds.

And I'm not just mentioning that because it would make more people paranoid on ATS... during the Cubs game, today, Ron Santo (who is one of WGN's radio announcers and a former Cubs third baseman) went into a long speil about how this was the clearest sky he had ever seen in Chicago. Pat Hughes (the other announcer) agreed with him and the two started talking about how extra bright the sun was....

...though this may just have been their way of coming up with an excuse for Macias' boffed fly ball catch yesterday...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join