It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Now! Midwest radar showing strange returns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Thunder,

I think that you've failed to read what we've been writing about.

EVERYONE here knows that Doppler radars have weird feedback. What was witnessed a few days ago was something different. Try to imagine complete circles appearing and dissapearing -- on radar -- over several midwestern cities at once... circles that rotated and were larger than the normal doppler feedback.

I'm sorry if it sounds like we are just talking about the normal junk you see on Doppler screens. We are not. We are talking about substantially larger radar 'blobs' that appeared over several midwestern cities at the same time that those cities were experiencing clear skies. Unfortunately... we weren't able to save key data that would demonstarte what we were looking at... at the time. Our descriptions are all that there is to go on. However,,, I have to restate that we were not just getting excited over normal doppler returns.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
New observation.
It's 9/29 the time is 230 am pacific time.

www.clickondetroit.com...
shows the 3 blobs around detroit taking turns phasing out.

in the first 10 minute frame, the blob north east of columbus is gone. next its back and the one on the west side of columbus is gone. last of all, the big blob west of detroit goes out. (ten minutes later observed the same event for another blob, in the bottom right of the screen.)

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Probably just somebody who sneezed.
Is this unnormal behaviour of the radar?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Okay then, since now I see that most of the cities have clear skies while this is happening, so we should try to reject the ideas that is being caused by Contrails, Chemtrails, and other factors.

Especialy the fact of software issues in the radar. If it was software the error should have been corrected by now!

Mabey it's something to do with the ionosphere from HAARP's latest radio manipulation of it.

Seriously im out of ideas!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Isaid this earlier in this thread and everyone seems to want an UNrational explanation. Temperature inversions and particuliarly humid airmasses CAN and DO show up on radar. Sometimes the weather people call that ground clutter or interference. But, moisture WILL cause radar hits. Sorry it's not the NWO or the UFO. I live in the midwest, saw this the night it was posted, made my comment and no one seemed to even give the simplest reason as the possible cause of these radar hits. Ignorance Denied? Hmmmm.

Onlyinmydreams did respond, thanks. But could it have been pockets of humid air at altitude and not necessarily close to the ground where humidity and such is measured by us humanoids?

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
hey all, I live in Des Moines and on the night in question it was pretty warm cause I had to turn on my A/C and the sky was clear. Dont know about any radar anomalies, but I remember watching the 10 o'clock news and didnt notice anything unusual on the weather radar they use.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I posed the question about the radar returns to the guy that runs the website Weatherpages.com, this is what he said:

A little more explaination: the radar can't tell the difference between
rain drops and flying insects of the same size. This occurs all the time
but is most pronounced around sunset on clear warm-season days/nights when
there are more flying bugs near the height of the radar beam.

I hope that helps!

Throw that into the mix as well...

I am currently awaiting a reply from the NOAA. But I know how we all trust the government around here.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
If you notice, everywhere the blobs are, Kerry has recently been? See the ones over Florida now........

bbzzzzz

SWAT EM!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Oh, BRAVO.

You have solved the mystery.

Try and keep quiet while the adults are talking.

...Sorry for being so mean, but there was meaningful and useful stuff here, and you go ahead and try to ruin it by making an asinine comment like that.

Please, I was riveted. continue with no more political distractions.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
I posed the question about the radar returns to the guy that runs the website Weatherpages.com, this is what he said:

the radar can't tell the difference between rain drops and flying insects of the same size. This occurs all the time but is most pronounced around sunset on clear warm-season days/nights when there are more flying bugs near the height of the radar beam.

Swarm of insects.
Now that�s an explaination I can buy.
I vote for the insect theory.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
AH! NO!

RUN AWAY!

It's the SPACE BEETLES!

...or are they earwigs...?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
as much as i respect the insect theory....

The problem is that these 'blobs' were seen to rotate around what amounts to a central axis. I don't see how bugs could decide, as one group across Chicago or St. Louis, to fly around in a circle...

...Not to be mean, though. If I hadn't seen a close-up of the Chicago 'blob' rotate I would probably have signed off on the bug theory myself.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
...Not to be mean, though. If I hadn't seen a close-up of the Chicago 'blob' rotate I would probably have signed off on the bug theory myself.

Did it rotate as much as it undulated? From what I remember it just seemed like a regular radar pattern. I watch a lot of Weather Channel.

Compare these maps:

Nexrad sites

Original snapshot from Hellmutt:

What would the government want to be doing to Nexrad sites in Western Wisconsin or the UP of Michigan?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
That night this was going on as far west as Dakota, and Texas, and east to Michigan and down to Alabama.
I really am not sure what to think of it, I have not seen it do the exact same thing since that night. The radar inversion thing is possible, if there was a front covering that big of an area all at the same time.

As far as Michigan goes, well there is a ELF site in the UP.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Isaid this earlier in this thread and everyone seems to want an UNrational explanation. Temperature inversions and particuliarly humid airmasses CAN and DO show up on radar. Sometimes the weather people call that ground clutter or interference. But, moisture WILL cause radar hits. Sorry it's not the NWO or the UFO. I live in the midwest, saw this the night it was posted, made my comment and no one seemed to even give the simplest reason as the possible cause of these radar hits. Ignorance Denied? Hmmmm.
[edit on 29-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

It's not that I'm ignoring the "rational explanations" as you call them, it's simply that I haven't heard a rational explanation yet. If people didn't see holes in the explanations being offered I'm sure they would be inclined to accept them. Nobody wants to be the last idiot riding a dead horse, least of all me, but the horse aint dead yet.
One big problem we've got here is a lack of qualified radar experts. All of the trained meteorologists around here, raise your hand. See?
We do the best we can to reason through this, but the fact is that we haven't got much of anyone who can say for sure that this is natural or supernatural. You can be convinced of an explanation and keep throwing it back at us and we can keep finding problems with it and throwing it right back to you, but really neither side here is qualified to comment on the legitimacy of the other sides case.

I've noticed that the events have disappeared in many places and appeared in other places. Nothing is left in chicago- just a very small amount of haze which probably is ground clutter. If you look further east though, you see the same phenomenon in different places. Let's compare this to temperatures and humidities and barometric pressure reports over the last week or so and see if there is a weather pattern which has shifted at the same time that the anomaly did.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
is it just me or does that one over the area right next to chicago seem to be drawing in little particals of some sort

on long range that same cloud has a round cylinder shaped object racing from it n/nw in direct route to minneapolis

[edit on 1/10/04 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Why is this so damned important?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hey can this have something to do with that new security blimp over DC is it possible more have been deployed under the cover of darkness

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
There is a security blimp over Washington DC? Why wasn't I informed?! I must find a way to vandalize this immediately!

That's just freakin hillarious. Nothing says security like a big slow-moving blimp with absolutely no offensive or defensive capabilities.

By the way, I would like to encourage everybody to join me in wearing orange clothes and visibly carrying a roll of duct-tape on your person for each day of the next orange alert. (my cousin and i really did this for the first 3 days of an alert a while back, but 3/4s of the population just aren't sophisticated enough for our humor.)

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
It's not that I'm ignoring the "rational explanations" as you call them, it's simply that I haven't heard a rational explanation yet.

Can I assume this explanation doesn't work for you?

My-Cast Personal Radar - Data from the National Weather Service network of Next Generation Radars (NEXRAD) is updated continuously,...
Occasionally, there will be light blue or green indications around the radar site when there really isn't any noticeable precipitation. This is called ground clutter and is a common radar error, especially in the morning and evening, and in the spring and fall.

www.my-cast.com...:IMG:2=

Also, as an amateur weather watacher, I can tell you I've seen this type of activity before, usually in the spring or falll. This is nothing new.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join