It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lesson in Jumping to Conclusions (the Trayvon Martin shooting)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The fundamental problem here is that the Sanford Police Department jumped to a conclusion. If they had handled the situation properly, they wouldn't need to be "leaking" things to the press to justify their actions.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by Kali74

If you had to guess several reasons why, what would you say is causing them to defend Zimmerman so passionately? I am just curious.

I know this question was not directed at me but people defending him has several views as well,

1) Media is manipulating and making one side look innocent and one side look worse.

2) They are subconsciously defending him because of his race or thinks the other was at fault because of his race.

3) They facts has been manipulated by both parties(ones depending Zimmerman and Trayvon), and they just don't want to blame anyone yet but still have a biased view.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

A kid is dead and his family wants justice served but so many here have drastically differing views.

Just 'a kid' ... or a jewel thief who was casing a neighborhood and who mixed it up with a neighborhood watch? Answer - WE DO NOT KNOW. Is it just 'a kid is dead and his family wants justice'?? What if that 'justice' turns out to be that their 'kid' was a thief and he came to the kind of end that bad seeds come to?

Side note - if he was 'just a kid who his family is mourning and the family just wants justice' .. then why did it take them three days to notice he was missing? Or are those news stories wrong and that's just more spin by someone?

what would you say is causing them to defend Zimmerman so passionately?

What you see are people defending Zimmermans right to a fair trial ... instead of a quick and speedy 'trial by media spin' and assumption ... which is what is happening.
edit on 3/27/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just out of interest, can anyone can tell me what the reaction has been stateside to the announcement of the reward by the Black Panthers? I have no idea, only how it has been reported over here, but i have to say you would think if the KKK made a similar statement about a black suspect there would have been uproar - has the response been similar?

Racists need educating regardless of ethnic background.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't even know why this is such a big deal in the news in the first place, this happens multiple times every day all over the world.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by diakrite

A little biased??? I am sure we can all agree, that at some point Zimmerman asked this hoodie wearing, black kid (so what) what the hell are you doing in MY NEIGHBORHOOD. I am certain that if this little harmless child as being portrayed in the media would have answered his question, that would have been the end of the situation.

Whether he was asked not to follow this kid or not bears no meaning. This all could have been avoided by the so called victim by having a wee bit of respect.

Myself being a former NYPD officer and former Spec Op's, I have instilled into my children a certain degree of respect period. Zimmerman may have been out of line or a wanna be cop but none the less this kid died because of his attitude, suicide by stupidity.

Whatever the results of this investigation show, you can bet it will not satisfy the like of the bottom feeders like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Van Jones and the great american patriots known as the New Black Panthers.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Just 'a kid' ... or a jewel thief who was casing a neighborhood and who mixed it up with a neighborhood watch? Answer - WE DO NOT KNOW. Is it just 'a kid is dead and his family wants justice'?? What if that 'justice' turns out to be that their 'kid' was a thief and he came to the kind of end that bad seeds come to?

Jewel thief? Did he have stolen jewels on him at the time of his death??? How is that relevant to the case? Should we look at Zimmerman's past and transgressions to justify his actions? Again, how are these side views relevant to the death of Trayvon? Not sure I get your angle.

He was a kid who was terrified and was gunned down. Fact. The family wants justice served. Let the results play out in court without all the side noise please.

edit on 27-3-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I sense some bias in your post.

Is there bias .. or do you just want there to be? As I said ... all the 'facts' previously were anti-Zimmerman. The 'facts' now are all pro-Zimmerman. That's just the way it falls. People are coming on here jumping to conclusions based on the previous 'facts' ... ignoring the new 'facts'. They are proving my point in the OP.

I believe the biggest culprits here are the media.

Definately. That and the Obama administration and the Dept of (in)justice and the rest of the politicians - both democrat and republican. Instead of stepping back and letting Florida handle this, they stuck their noses in and all jumped on it, making this a major issue for the country.

that is just fear running through your mind.

Yeah .. cuz' I have nothing to worry about, right? I'm sure that no one will use this hyped up mess for their own agendas. Sorry, but history shows us differently.

the media has hyped this up to the max. Even the White House is jumping to conclusions.

TOTALLY AGREE!

I am sure there are dozens of inner-city kids who were gunned down recently but there is little fanfare on those sad stories but yet this story has everyone up in arms. Think of why this is so.

Media hype and spin .. white house involvement when it isn't needed (Obama just can't seem to help himself ... shades of the beer summit) ... Racist Eric Holder in the Dept of (in)justice wanting his piece of the pie ... republicans and democrats all weighing in because they want to be seen as racially correct .... all at the expense of the 'innocent until proven guilty' way America is supposed to be run and all at the expense of truth.

HANG HIM NOW .. GET THE FACTS LATER. - That's what they might as well be yelling all the while carrying pitchforks and torches. :shk:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
What you see are people defending Zimmermans right to a fair trial ..

But that's the catch isn't it?

The Sanford police department made themselves the lone arbiters of justice in this case, a case where there was enough probable cause to arrest Zimmerman and require him to plead his case to a judge and jury. As such, it has fanned the flames of a public already suspicious of law enforcement. We are all left with nothing but conjecture because a questionable case was not vetted in a court of law.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Why would he be casing his own neighborhood with a pack of skittles and a can of iced tea?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Jewel thief? Did he have stolen jewels on him at the time of his death??? How is that relevant to the case? Should we look at Zimmerman's past and transgressions to justify his actions? Again, how are these side views relevant to the death of Trayvon? Not sure I get your angle.

He was a kid who was terrified and was gunned down. Fact. The family wants justice served. Let the results play out in court without all the side noise please.

Well said. Jumping on this case from either side is wrong. Let the facts be established by the correct authorities. If guilt is proven, so be it. If not, again, so be it.

Knee jerk reactions either way just inflame the situation and do not help anyone - especially the families of the parties involved.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Geez, you make it sound like a scene from a Western where Trayvon is walking away and Zimmerman shot him in the back.

The family wants revenge. Justice will not bring their son back.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to

Why would he be casing his own neighborhood with a pack of skittles and a can of iced tea?

There are a ton of known facts
people just want to ignore them because
they want to hang whitey
Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.mine.
www.miamiherald.com...

HMMMMM, I wonder where he got
all that bling bling, NOT HIS?
OF COURSE IT IS NOT HIS..!!
This shows that treyvon was a thief!
He was casing some apartments
thats what lil treyvon was doing.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Jewel thief? Did he have stolen jewels on him at the time of his death???

He was suspended from school for smoking dope.
He had been caught with stolen jewlery and a burglary tool.
Where'd he get the stolen jewlery from? Thieves case neighborhoods.

Should we look at Zimmerman's past and transgressions to justify his actions?

Yes. If he is a member of the KKK or the Nazi USA party etc .. it definately would go to motive.

He was a kid who was terrified and was gunned down. Fact.

You do not know that. That's jumping to a conclusion. He very well could have been a seasoned thief who was casing a neighborhood. The fact that he was previously holding stolen property and a burglary tool makes it a real
possibility.

The family wants justice served.

If the family wants justice served then they will accept the verdict if Zimmerman is found innocent.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's made up crap. Just like the photo's that were admitted to being fake but showed up in news articles all over the place.

Here's the key part that you'll ignore and just continue copying and pasting your same replies everywhere.
Ready?

Did Martin have anything on him at the time that gave any indication he was up to no good? No he did not. Did Zimmerman see Martin committing a crime? No he did not. Did Zimmerman have any cause whatsoever to get out of his vehicle? No he did not and was in fact advised NOT to. All your looking for is some way to justify the smile on your face that you know doesn't belong there.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

There are a ton of known facts
people just want to ignore them because
they want to hang whitey
Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.mine.
www.miamiherald.com...

He did not have a backpack full of jewelry on the night of the incident. That discovery was made at school. Martin claimed that the backpack belonged to a friend. Do you have any information to the contrary?

HMMMMM, I wonder where he got
all that bling bling, NOT HIS?
OF COURSE IT IS NOT HIS..!!
This shows that treyvon was a thief!
He was casing some apartments
thats what lil treyvon was doing.

No, it does not. Once again, you assert your opinion as fact.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
We are all left with nothing but conjecture because a questionable case was not vetted in a court of law.

Yep ... This is being played out in the press and with politicians. Spin and hype. That's why I said this whole thing is a lesson in jumping to conclusions. IMMEDIATELY here people were screaming Zimmerman was a racist murderer and now the press is calling for an 'immediate trail' (visions of pitchforks and torches!).

WE DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS. Like I said .. Zimmerman could be guilty of racially motivated murder, or manslaughter from being stupid, or he could be totally innocent and the Martin fella could have been a bad character. We don't know because of the spin.

And now, because of the spin and hype, 'groups' are involved. Like the Black Panthers calling for the death of Zimmerman. How can anyone get a fair trial with, not only the trial-by-press, but this crap going on as well?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Everything you responded to in your last post is laughable and poorly represents cogent answers. I will sit back now and casually watch these threads because I was hoping to get into deep discussions and debate but most of it is now bordering on absurd and shallow conversations with a lot of hearsay and non-factual items.

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

edit on 27-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

edit on 27-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join