It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is George Zimmerman and What About the Police?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

Originally posted by Charmed707
reply to post by Open2Truth

I'm asking why it's such a huge deal if Zimmerman was more suspicious of black males roaming the neighborhood than other races. The neighborhood had been dealing with break-ins. The OP is making assumptions about Zimmerman's judgement when he made those calls to the police. Zimmerman actually saw the behavior of the people he reported. They could have been peering in houses and such.

Let's look at your first two sentences. Why is it a huge deal if he was more suspicious of black males "roaming" the neighborhood? Your answer, because the neighborhood had been dealing with break-ins.

Hmmmm. Black males = break-ins. Thats the problem with racial profiling.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Very Nice Kali !

Very detailed. I read the first couple posts you have,and will take the time to actually read the rest of the thread. Thanks for putting this together !

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

With my attitude huh? You mean non-racist?

Baseless name-calling does nothing to help your 'argument'. The race card is played whenever you are confronted by a dose of reality and are completely unable to refute arguments. Trying to force blacks into a helpless victim role does absolutely nothing to help anyone. It's your type of attitude that keeps blacks in poverty.

Do you have a problem with the sourced information I have presented or does it just leave a bad taste in your mouth that a white woman is just not okay with a young black kid's slaying?

You didn't post any information about the Trayvon incident- only about past incidents. We still don't know who attacked who first or what was said between the two. We don't know if Trayvon was involved with recent break-ins or not.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

Let's look at your first two sentences. Why is it a huge deal if he was more suspicious of black males "roaming" the neighborhood? Your answer, because the neighborhood had been dealing with break-ins.

The second sentence was not an answer. Zimmerman's suspicions of strangers roaming the neighborhood had been raised due to the recent break-ins. Of course he will be eyeing the black males in particular because they are the demographic most likely to be responsible for such a crime. It's only common sense.

If you think there is a problem with profiling people based on their race, then surely you have a problem with profiling people based on their sex...right?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I didn't call you a name once, and I'm certainly not at fault for a damn thing in the suppression of minorities.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I didn't call you a name once

Don't play dumb. You suggested that anyone who has an attitude different than yours is a 'racist'. The 'stormfront' comment was another petty insinuation.

and I'm certainly not at fault for a damn thing in the suppression of minorities.

Leftists love to taunt blacks with the idea that evil whitey is out to get them....all to ensure votes. This rampant, irrational attitude is what holds black people back.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Your first comment sounds and your claims of black males commit more crimes sounds like stormfront material, sorry I called you on it...not really.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I should know by now...stating facts is racist.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I could really care less about race, clothes style, music listened to, etc etc

A UNARMED teenager is dead, i just have a problem with anyone shooting a unarmed person. I can see if the person was much bigger or stronger and maybe a trained fighter or breaking into your house in the middle of the night.

That kid in his recent pics is a lot smaller than the shooter. He looks no more than a buck fifty.

I just dont think that kid would or could have beat that guy to death.

So I just cant justify the shooting.
edit on 24-3-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

'Racial profiling' is certainly not 'irrational'. Black males are more likely than males of other races to commit crime.

IMO racial profiling is irrational. According to whom are black males more likely to commit crime, Stormfront?

In the real world, they're not more likely to. But statistically blacks commit more violent crime than other races in America. If you only use those statistics to predict who will commit a crime, the odds say it will be a black male.

Fortunately, statistics aren't everything.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Black males DO commit more crimes than any other race. I think the only crime they don't have a monopoly over the other races is white collar crime. You don't need to imply other members are Stormfront readers when you don't know the facts, or are too caught up in this race bating nonsense to admit to them. This isn't about race. I have no doubt Zimmerman would have shot anyone under the age of 50, regardless of skin color and style of dress.

The real question is, was it justified. At this point in time I don't think we should be jumping to conclusions. For all I know Martin charged Zimmerman saying 'I'm going to kill you!' in which case I believe Zimmerman would be in the right. Especially if he were knocked down by someone over a foot taller.

The whole idea that Zimmerman is somehow bad for following the kid seems silly to me also. The dispatcher says 'We don't need you to do that.' That isn't even a clear order to back down. Zimmerman probably was worried the kid was going to break into a house and was worried about his neighbors. I think I would follow someone too if they were skulking about my neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

So this kid was going to break into a house with Zimmerman following him? Omg now that takes the cake..

The guy was a light weight the kid may be tall but their was no meat to him.

Like i said in another thread any grown man in here who would have to shoot that guy in order to keep him from beating you to death seriously needs to question their masculinity

That guy may have been in a fist fight but I bet you anything he was not trying to kill Zimmerman.

What you are are proposing is a teenager who was never arrested for violence and whose former football coach said was a nice kid and non confrontational just decided to beat someone to death???

Not buying it.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

6'3" and 170lbs vs. 5' 200lbs.? Yeah I think the kid could have beaten him to death. When you say the kid would not have broken into a house with Zimmerman following you are proving my point. If someone was overpowering me and I had a gun on my waist and was worried they were going for the gun (which the kid may have been doing, non of us really know) then I would shoot too. Take the race out of the equation and I think more people would be willing to wait for some more info.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Zimmerman is 5"9 240 I believe. Way heavier. The point is the kid wasnt going to break into anyone's house he was headed to his fathers..

That point it mute.

At the end of the day had Zimmerman just waited back and not go up to the kid and waited for the cops (its their job) would the kid still be alive?

I think we all know the answer.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
First off, great job Kali.

For me, this is a case that should be left for a court of law to sort out.

The police, citing the Stand Your Ground law, decided on the scene it was an open and shut case and that was the end of it.

What does Jeb Bush, who signed Stand Your Ground into law, have to say in regards to this case?

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush signed the 2005 "Stand Your Ground" law, but said Friday that he didn't think it cleared Zimmerman in Martin's shooting. "This law does not apply to this particular circumstance," Bush said after an appearance in North Texas. "Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn't mean chase after somebody who's turned their back."

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

I forgot the 9 and the + good catch. 200 lbs. at 5 ft. and Zimmerman would have just bounced away if he hopped out of his truck.

If you were the neighborhood watch, and you saw someone suspicious would you just run inside and hide or follow them to alert the police when they actually showed up? If we take into account that there had been numerous break ins and that 'they always get away'? Lets say you follow the young man, not threatening him, just following. What course should this Trayvon have taken? Walk home and call the cops. Turn around and attack the follower is not legal, and not acceptable. I do think the kid would still be alive if Zimmerman had not kept following. I just am not ready to condemn him as a racist murderer for following someone.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Im not calling him a racist. But how do we know the Kid didnt tell Zimmerman he was going to his fathers and Zimmerman tried to do a citizens arrest. How about if Zimmerman touched him first!??? We dont know.. And we may never know cause he is dead.

When you carry a gun you carry a HUGE responsibility and you need to use your judgement very very well.

Zimmerman didn't use good judgement.

I would have been very sneaky and kept him far enough back but still within my sight till cops got there.

Easy as ABC...123

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Thank-you and thanks for adding that in. I'm no fan of any Bush but he did sign the bill into law, authors of the bill have also stated they didn't believe Zimmerman should be protected by the stand your ground law.

reply to post by The Old American

Fortunately, statistics aren't everything.

Well put, exactly...people need to start understanding that statistics and polls are no way to go about trying to understand the world around them.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have posted this in another thread, I just want to hear what Kali thinks of this.

Zimmerman's story does not make much sense. He chased a kid down. Got out of his car and confronted him. And moments later, Zimmerman gave up and returned to his car and that is when Martin attacked him from behind.

Now, why would Zimmerman take the time to chase a kid down, confront him, and then just give up moments after confronting him and return to his car? It makes no sense to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

That scenario doesn't sound like anything I've read about. As far as I know Zimmerman was in his car when he called 911 to report a "suspicious" person...he gives details and then you can hear him get out of his car and start walking, the 911 operator asks if he's pursuing and Zimmerman says yes, the operator says we don't need you to do that, he says okay...minutes later Martin was dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join