It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio officer used stun gun on 9-year-old boy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...#?=&cb=f2e5cc32e2662a&relation=parent.parent&transport=fragment&type=res ize&height=1552&ackData[id]=1

www.dispatch.com...

Embattled police Chief Mike McCoy announced last night that he will soon resign from his village post, though he insisted it has nothing to do with the fact that one of his officers shocked a 9-year-old boy twice with a Taser last week.

The kid was 200 pounds and lying on the floor with his hands under him so he could not be hand-cuffed by the officer.

But what is this cop thinking??? Either call for more officers to help out and turn around and walk away. All this for truancy. Come on.

Unless the kid has a gun, there is no reason to taser him. If this cop can't handle a nine year old there is no way he should be a police officer.
edit on 13-3-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Anyone who thinks that tasers are non-lethal, should look up how many amps those things produce, and the dangers that they present to certain people such as young children and the obese. A 200lb 9 year old would be in extreme danger of cardiac arrest from such a shock. ONE SOURCE OF MANY

That pig needs to be tried for attempted murder. If you did this to a little kid, you would be in many states.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The kid was using his immense weight to prevent a lawful arrest for a crime. The officer did nothing wrong.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I try not to get into the cop bashing but that cop needs to be retrained and placed in a job position that better suits his aggression, SMH major FAIL

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Just another instance of a policy enforcer, getting to use the cool torture devices they get to carry for kicks. What else is new....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If the kid had his hand under him, then he self arrested himself, he can't run far.. 200 pounds and 9 yrs old...

This should have been a win win situation for the law enforcement officer.... what do they teach to these officers nowadays, stun first than see if they pose any threat? lmao
edit on 3/13/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The entire department was suspended for trying to cover it up.

theintelhub.com...

The mayor of Mount Sterling, Ohio has suspended the entire police force for 3 days after an officer tased a 9 year old child and the police subsequently covered it up. The small town, with a population just under 2,000, is now being policed by the Sheriffs department while a state investigation into the police chief and the five part time police officers takes place.

Originally posted by Justwork
The kid was using his immense weight to prevent a lawful arrest for a crime. The officer did nothing wrong.

Salient point highlighted. Don't be an apologist for the Police State.

edit on 13-3-2012 by KillerQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is a sad story. I realize this kid was huge for his age but to have to tazer a 9 tear old. What kind of people skills do you have as a cop. How would he deal with a real criminal, in a dangerous situation where innocent people were involved. This was truency

On a side note though, Tazers do serve a purpose and give good cops another options instead of there gun. Yes I know that they can be deadly, but its a better option than having to go strait to a gun. As with any tool, its not the tool but the user that abuses it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You don't see anything wrong with using potentially lethal force on a nine year old kid because he was TRUANT and uncooperative?
Any cop who can't move 200 lbs worth of a little fat kid without the use of a taser is a disgrace to what his office is supposed to represent. That pig is pathetic on so many levels.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
THE KID IS HUGE!
personally it would have taken a lot from me NOT to put that brat out of his misery. WITH MY GUN.

(dont actually own a gun
)
edit on 13-3-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

If they he did nothing wrong..then why did they try to cover it up?

I used up all my words for people like you..I have none left to use.

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Honestly...if I were confronted by a 200 pound 9 year old...I don't know...

Seriously, the little fat ass shouldn't have been tasered; I'd probably have stood there dangling the cuffs (that i was unable to put on him) over him, laughing because the little porker would be too afraid to get up off his little sausage arms.
edit on 13-3-2012 by MzMorbid because: I want to have a talk with this kids' parents.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

You don't see anything wrong with using potentially lethal force on a nine year old kid because he was TRUANT and uncooperative?
Any cop who can't move 200 lbs worth of a little fat kid without the use of a taser is a disgrace to what his office is supposed to represent. That pig is pathetic on so many levels.

Absolutely not. The law states that you go to school, therefore, you go to school. Simple as. I can see nowhere in that law that needs to be open for discussion.

If the criminal had attempted to fight back, then that officer could have been very seriously hurt, 200lbs of full force punch is more than enough to lay a fully grown man on the floor, even at a young age.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am still wondering about a 9 year old weighing 200 lbs. Something not right there.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

You're joking right? I bench 200 pounds, and I'm an old man. If this PIG - I use that term not as a general condemnation of LEOs, but directed specifically at him - couldn't do his job without tasering the boy, then he has no business wearing a uniform.

I hope he is arrested himself. I can't think of any other person right now that deserves to make the choice between jelly and syrup more than this POS.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Justwork

The kid was 9.....let me say it again. HE WAS 9!

If I as a parent were to taze my son just because he was being a little snot I would lose my children, be parade all over the news as a horrible monster of a parent and sent to prison!

This officer does the same thing and you think he was ok to do so?

What ever happened to common sense? A little bit of patience and concern for the welfare of this kid and the officer could have diffused the situation, and taken him to class.

No tazing.....no issue.

Seems to me the cops are just as bad at their jobs as we are at parenting..........

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

Good call KillerQueen. At least they didn't get away with it.

www.dispatch.com...

Taser use KO’s village police

A village police officer shocked a 9-year-old boy with a Taser this week, prompting a shutdown of the entire force.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
In further news officers subdued and tasered a 9 month old baby for refusing to stop crying..The officer on the scene stated "we fired a warning shot but the combatant refused to stop crying...I think we did the humane thing by only tasering him". More of this story at ten.

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Justwork

The kid was 9.....let me say it again. HE WAS 9!

If I as a parent were to taze my son just because he was being a little snot I would lose my children, be parade all over the news as a horrible monster of a parent and sent to prison!

This officer does the same thing and you think he was ok to do so?

What ever happened to common sense? A little bit of patience and concern for the welfare of this kid and the officer could have diffused the situation, and taken him to class.

No tazing.....no issue.

Seems to me the cops are just as bad at their jobs as we are at parenting..........

I don't care how old he was...let me say it again. I DON'T CARE!

He is a criminal, he is breaking the law by not going to school, he was resisting arrest, therefore, the officer was right to use force.

No care or walfare for criminals, they either do as they are told when they are caught, or get tazed. There really is no need for this discussion to carry on.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Absolutely not. The law states that you go to school, therefore, you go to school. Simple as. I can see nowhere in that law that needs to be open for discussion.

If the criminal had attempted to fight back, then that officer could have been very seriously hurt, 200lbs of full force punch is more than enough to lay a fully grown man on the floor, even at a young age.

Your ignorance would be astounding if it weren't so commonplace. People like you are the reason why more and more of our liberties are being taken away, facilitated by your complacency or outright support of totalitarian government.
That kid likely had the same amount of muscle as any normal 9 year old, just a bunch of extra fat. He posed no danger to a man with the training that cops receive. If we were having this conversation in person, YOU however, might have to worry about my 200+ pounds of muscle and my utter disgust with people like you. PATHETIC
edit on 13-3-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join