It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by pianopraze

Schumann resonances are strongest in the ionosphere and upper atmosphere.

Our heads are here on earth.

Although there is some overlap of frequency range, the spatial separation would tend to indicate that these are separate phenomena.

Not according to this paper:

1.1 Schumann Resonance Electromagnetic Fields in the Evolution of Life
A continuous extremely low frequency (ELF) process is present in the geomagnetic field. Resonant oscillations in the ionosphere of the Earth and oscillations in the plasmasphere and the magnetosphere are caused by the solar wind. The peaks of the resonant characteristic of the system are called the Schumann resonances, and reside approximately on 100, 21, 14.1, 7.8, 5.7, 4, 1, 0.1 and 0.001 Hz [1]. The most common geomagnetic frequency is 7.8 Hz and plants, animals and humans living in such environment are known to benefit from it [1,2].

Human Electrophysiological Signal Responses to ELF Schumann Resonance and Artificial Electromagnetic Fields

We are known to benefit from these Schumann resonances, so we are definitely affected by them.

It also says that the ELF waves (which HAARP can produce/aim, though HAARP is not mention) do affect our brains.

4.1 Effects of ELF Magnetic Field Exposures on Human EEG Activity
Preliminary study by Cvetković et al. was conducted to investigate whether the ELF magnetic field of 8.33 Hz could effect the EEG activity in 8 subjects [35- 41]. The preliminary results indicated substantial changes in specific bands, which encouraged further experiments with multiple sinusoidal extremely low frequency (ELF) (50, 16.66, 13, 10, 8.33 and 4 Hz). Linearly polarised magnetic flux density of 20±0.57 μT (rms) was applied to the human head over a non- continuous period of 12 minute, to determine possible alterations in the EEG rhythms on 33 human volunteers [16]...

6. CONCLUSION
The fundamental Schumann resonance frequency has been claimed to be extremely benificial to existence of the biological cycle phenomenon of plants, animals and humans living. However, the results from our acupuncture meridians and EEG activity studies, have shown that frequencies between 8.8 and 13.2Hz, between the Schumann resonance maximums, confirm that the human body absorbs, detects and responds to ELF environmental EMF signals. This is a classical physics phenomenon, utilised in telecommunication systems, which definitelly needs to be further investigated for a possible biological cell-to-cell communication implications.

So Schumann ELF waves DO reach us, and both the natural and artificial EFL waves affect us.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Tactics? You are completely mis-stating (or at best, misunderstanding) what I have said.

piano - here is proof it can be aimed anywhere they want and produce the waves
You have presented no such proof. To the contrary, your sources reiterate that HAARP can only affect the ionosphere above the antenna array.

phage - only poorly, and it only goes strait up, it can't produce any of the waves you say...
I said the HAARP transmitter can only produce high frequency radio waves. This is true.
I also said that it can be used to induce ELF/VLF in the ionosphere...low powered ELF/VLF, when conditions are favorable. This is also true.

piano- glad our government spends billions on systems that don't work and they can't really aim systems they say they can aim...
You are mistaken. HAARP works wonderfully well for what it was designed for; ionospheric research. Specifically the ionosphere above Gakona.

If Telsa's papers about his "death ray" were missing how is it copies were produced?

This story is historically incorrect. Tesla’s papers did not disappear. From all accounts, the actions taken following Dr. Tesla's death on January 7, 1943 were conducted in an orderly and respectful fashion. According to those present at the time, Tesla's papers and other personal possessions were placed under the charge of the Office of Alien Property. His supposedly 'lost' papers, even the ones on advanced weapons, along with his personal belongings, were brought to the Manhattan Warehouse and Storage Co., locked up, and a certificate of ownership was issued to his nephew Sava Kosanovic. It being wartime and considering Tesla's involvement in remote detection and advanced weapons development the papers were quickly inspected for items possibly important to national defense and then microfilmed. FBI documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) show that these United States Government microfilms were made available for use by the U.S. Army, Navy, and Air Force. In 1952 the consolidated estate was shipped to Yugoslavia.

www.tfcbooks.com...&a_001.htm

edit on 2/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I'm not denying the effects (maybe I came off that way too much?) that frequencies have on us. But I am saying that it's effect on people is a big bag of mixed results. There are some that believe in things enough that their bodies can indeed induce self healing, but I'd class that as a placebo.

I'd say controlling a whole nation's thoughts (Iraq) is a tad unrealistic... I hope I'm not wrong there though!

I should have updated my results on the thread, but by day 5 with no results I kind of snapped back into reality that nothing is going to remove my nerve damage so my results would have been slanted anyway. Also being skeptical on everything probably meant I could not be objective enough I guess.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Fair enough, I didnt mean to pounce on you. I was not aware you were referring to nerve
regeneration. That could be a tough one, and take a lot of time.

However, the NASA Astronauts were provided the replication of the Schumann Resonance
to keep thier human systems...bones and all from breaking down so you never know until you try.
edit on 26-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

piano - here is proof it can be aimed anywhere they want and produce the waves
You have presented no such proof. To the contrary, your sources make it clear that HAARP can only affect the ionosphere above the antenna array.

phage - only poorly, and it only goes strait up, it can't produce any of the waves you say...
I said the HAARP transmitter can only produce high frequency radio waves. I also said that it can be used to induce ELF/VLF in the ionosphere...low powered ELF/VLF, when conditions are favorable.

piano- glad our government spends billions on systems that don't work and they can't really aim systems they say they can aim...
HAARP works wonderfully well for what it was designed for; ionospheric research. Specifically the ionosphere above Gakona.

I don't know how many times I can answer the same question.

The presence of electric fields and currents in the auroral oval provides HAARP with unique capabili- ties. It can be used as a low-frequency transmitter or radio system that is tunable continuously over the range from 0.001 Hz to 40 kHz. This function is achieved by amplitude or frequency modulation of the transmitter signal at the desired low frequency. The ionosphere, acting as a high-frequency filter, demodu- lates the HF signal and returns an electromagnetic sig- nal with frequency equal to the low modulation fre- quency. This wave can propagate with low attenuation over thousands of kilometers, guided by the waveguide

link

i.e. It broadcasts one signal strength, as it is bounced off the ionosphere it become a different wavelength, in the ELF frequency of the Schumann ELF waves. IT CLEARLY STATES IT IS GUIDED. They are playing pool with the ionosphere, bouncing these waves off and directing them.

Let's use logic, they CAN produce ELF waves in the Schumann frequency range from 0.001 Hz to 40 kHz.

They CAN guide them where they want.

These frequencies cause humans to entrain to the frequency being broadcast at them.

This causes different states of mind and emotions.... Col. Aquino CLEARLY States this.

Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) waves: ELF waves up to 100 Hz are once more naturally occurring, but they can also be produced artificially (such as for the Navy’s Project Sanguine for submarine communication). ELF-waves are not normally noticed by the unaided senses, yet their resonant effect upon the human body has been connected to both physiological disorders and emotional distortion. Infrasound vibration (up to 20 Hz) can subliminally influence brain activity to align itself to delta, theta, alpha, or beta wave patterns, inclining an audience toward everything from alertness to passivity. Infrasound could be used tactically, as ELF-waves endure for great distances; and it could be used in conjunction with media broadcasts as well.

MindWar

I only reply to try to keep clear in others minds what your doing. All this information was clear in my OP, and only been added to by more MILITARY papers on the subject saying they can do this. They do not deny it, only you deny this... or confuse this.

The Military says it has lots of other purposes than you list.

These MILITARY papers say it, go argue with them.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
No offense but i think the banter between the OP and Phage has taken this topic slightly off center.

The threat title is pretty clear we are talking about the effects the Schumann resonance (which we can all agree is electromagnetic in nature and NOT sound based) has on the brain.

So What are the points we have to agree on in order to get this discussion into where it needs to be.

First, what is the range of the Schumann resonance, as in how far does it have to reach to effect a bioligical system i.e the human brain.

Schumann resonances occur because the space between the surface of the Earth and the conductive ionosphere acts as a closed waveguide. The limited dimensions of the Earth cause this waveguide to act as a resonant cavity for electromagnetic waves in the ELF band. The cavity is naturally excited by electric currents in lightning. Schumann resonances are the principal background in the electromagnetic spectrum[1] beginning at 3 Hz and extend to 60 Hz,[2] and appear as distinct peaks at extremely low frequencies (ELF) around 7.83 (fundamental)

Based on what we think we know about it I think it safe to say that since the ionosphere connects to the surface of the earth by the electrical discharges we call lightning that there is a very good change the electromagnetic waves can reach the brain.

Now how much energy would be needed to actually effect the brain? Not much at all. Its all to do with frequency and not power. like matching the right harmonics will shatter a glass.

What we do know about the brain is that it has its own crystals "calcite crystals" to be exact in the Pineal gland. I authored a thread on the topic with much more info than I can include here. Suffice to say this is a fact and there are pictures to prove it

Calcite crystals in the Pineal Gland

Now as I explain in the the thread the fluoridation of the pineal gland stops its "natural production of calcites" and replaces them with "calcium fluoride"

Calcites = good
Calcium fluoride = bad.

So the Pineal gland produces calcites and these crystals are floating in and connected to the walls of the pineal gland. There is also a fluid withing the pineal gland which is part cerebrospinal fluid which is highly electrically conducive.

So envision a crystal radio in your head with the pineal gland as the tuning fork and the Schumann resonance as the field in which these signals are transmitted through.

Disruption to the medium would hamper the way we send and receive these subtle energies and could go a long way to explain the disconnect we humans feels on a very subconscious level. Divide and concur indeed.

If one is conspiratorially inclined as I suspect a few on this site are one might even say altering the Schumann resonance could be a way of mass hypnosis. I have no idea if this can even be done or if they can somehow disrupt it with another signal where there is disharmony within the field. Im just speculating.

But what we do know is that there are calcites in the brain and electromagnetic radiation and fields effect crystals.
edit on 26-2-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
No offense but i think the banter between the OP and Phage has taken this topic slightly off center.

The threat title is pretty clear we are talking about the effects the Schumann resonance (which we can all agree is electromagnetic in nature and NOT sound based) has on the brain.

So What are the points we have to agree on in order to get this discussion into where it needs to be.

First, what is the range of the Schumann resonance, as in how far does it have to reach to effect a bioligical system i.e the human brain.

Now how much energy would be needed to actually effect the brain? Not much at all. Its all to do with frequency and not power. like matching the right harmonics will shatter a glass.

What we do know about the brain is that it has its own crystals "calcite crystals" to be exact in the Pineal gland. I authored a thread on the topic with much more info than I can include here. Suffice to say this is a fact and there are pictures to prove it

Calcite crystals in the Pineal Gland

So envision a crystal radio in your head with the pineal gland as the tuning fork and the Schumann resonance as the field in which these signals are transmitted through.

Disruption to the medium would hamper the way we send and receive these subtle energies and could go a long way to explain the disconnect we humans feels on a very subconscious level. Divide and concur indeed.

If one is conspiratorially inclined as I suspect a few on this site are one might even say altering the Schumann resonance could be a way of mass hypnosis. I have no idea if this can even be done or if they can somehow disrupt it with another signal where there is disharmony withing the field. Im just speculating.

But what we do know is that there are calcites in the brain and electromagnetic radiation and fields effect crystals.
edit on 26-2-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

Exactly.

According to this paper, not only do we have that Calcite we also have Magnetite and they theorize that it is a sensory system and the Schumman ELF waves are affecting them:

In 1992, Kirchvink et al conducted experiments on human brain samples and the results from these studies indicated that human brains contain trace amounts of magnetite or ferromagnetic material, which were found distributed over all cerebral lobes, the cerebellum, basal ganglia and midbrain [4]. The main conclusion from these findings was that the magnetic senses or magnetoreception should share many attributes of other sensory systems, which include neural amplification and transmission pathways to direct signals to the brain [5]. Kirschvink et al (2001) reported that it was still unclear whether people have a magnetic sense. However, the magnetite (4ng of magnetite per 1g of brain tissue) found in human brains was very similar to those in bacteria, insects and animals [6]. This magnetite or ferromagnetic material is shaped in such a way as to be optimal for use as a magnet. Considering that ferromagnetic materials interact strongly with magnetic field, there is a possibility that the interaction with external magnetic field could influence the brain tissue characteristics and possibly brain functioning. The mechanism of magnetoreceptors has not been identified conclusively but there has been an agreement with biophysical models proposing that the geomagnetic field interacts with photoreceptors.

link

They go on to talk about how we probably have defenses against normal EM but man made EM in these frequncies are affecting us:

Since life on earth has always taken place in such environment of EM radiation of cosmic, atmospheric and geomagnetic origin, and given the previous outline of how biological systems use resonant electromagnetic pathways at the molecular level and possibly for more morphogenic system wide communications, one could reasonably assume that living system have developed natural defense mechanism to ensure the integrity of their internal electromagnetic communications [7]. However, man-made or artificial EM radiation is a very recent phenomenon and may pose a new source of possible interference that naturally evolved biological systems would most likely not be prepared. Man-made fileds feature frequency ranges, intensities and modulations hitherto never encountered in the natural world.

Thank you for the on topic post.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

i.e. It broadcasts one signal strength, as it is bounced off the ionosphere it become a different wavelength, in the ELF frequency of the Schumann ELF waves. IT CLEARLY STATES IT IS GUIDED.

No.
You do not understand what is happening on several levels.

Besides the fact you are confusing signal strength with wavelength, the beam does not change frequency. As I said, the ionosphere (above Gakona) produces the ELV/VLF signal (I described it as "tickling"). That document (produced to "sell" the project to Congress for continued funding) is from 1998. It turns out that the method (modulating the signal) talked about is not as effective as "wiggling" the beam but even that produces a very weak signal (as shown in the article I linked earlier).

The HF beam is somewhat steerable within a very narrow range above Gakona (that is how it is "wiggled"). The ELF/VLF radiation (produced in the ionosphere) is not aimable, there is no way to aim it. As I said previously the signal is carried to large regions of the planet by the ionosphere-Earth waveguide. You seem to think that the use of the word "waveguide" means that the radiation is controlled. It doesn't. That waveguide is a natural phenomenon. It covers the entire planet. The waveguide prevents much of the signal from "leaking" into space, from being attenuated.
www.vlf.it...

Col. Aquino. Did you see the source he used for that footnote?

See Playfair, Guy L. and Hill, Scott, The Cycles of Heaven

A book from 1978. Who is Guy Playfair? He's a writer.

Guy Lyon Playfair (born 5 April 1935) is a freelance writer and translator best known for his books about parapsychology
en.wikipedia.org...

Who is Scott Hill? Well here's what he's up to nowadays.

Now working on a book on alternative medicine, perfecting my time machine, teleportation cabinet, and bioenergy computer doctor
www.angelfire.com...

Sorry, I don't accept psuedoscience no matter who uses it as a source.

The Military says it has lots of other purposes than you list.
I didn't list any purposes other than ionospheric research. That research covers a wide amount of territory. Some of that research would absolutely be of interest militarily, in particular in the fields of communications and surveillance (radar). But it all involves affecting a small region of the ionosphere above Gakona. None of it involves sending a beam to a certain location. Here's a sample:
www.gi.alaska.edu...
www2.gi.alaska.edu...

edit on 2/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

No.
You do not understand what is happening on several levels.

Col. Aquino. Did you see the source he used for that footnote?

See Playfair, Guy L. and Hill, Scott, The Cycles of Heaven

A book from 1978. Who is Guy Playfair? He's a writer.

Guy Lyon Playfair (born 5 April 1935) is a freelance writer and translator best known for his books about parapsychology
en.wikipedia.org...

Who is Scott Hill? Well here's what he's up to nowadays.

Now working on a book on alternative medicine, perfecting my time machine, teleportation cabinet, and bioenergy computer doctor
www.angelfire.com...

Sorry, I don't accept psuedoscience no matter who uses it as a source.

He has a masters in biology from your link:

WHOAMI? My name is Scott Hill, I was born 21.3.49 in the U.S.A. and have been living for over 33 years in Denmark.
Master's degree in biophysics/bioengineering from Rice University in Houston, Texas in 1972. Presently affiliated with the University of Copenhagen, and other institutes for higher learning in Scandinavia. Founding member, Scandinavian Herbal Institute, research director, Danish Society for Psychical, Frontier Sciences Group Research, member, Biofeedback Research Society, Society for Psychical Research (London), International Association for Psychotronic Research. Researcher, Writer, Teacher, Musician, Healer...

He's got a lot of interesting things he's studying there and I see how they fit together and how they fit in the historical context of the U.S. Governments experiments in Remote Viewing, consciousness, ELF waves, psychological operations, mind control and many more. You cast dispersion but this guy knows a bit more than you do on some things. Besides his information germane to our discussion has been verified by many PHD's so why cast dispersion at all? I have a very scientific PHD presented paper saying the same things he said and Col. Aquino quoted.

I've shown you MULTIPLE ways they steer those waves, both ones HAARP makes and ones that other sites make and HAARP steers... so your argument continues to be off topic, misleading, and ultimately dis-info. Those subs are not above Alaska. You continue to deny everything and refuse to look at the source material. Denying reality does not change reality, only clouds minds. Something they can do with HAARP apparently too.

So yes, i DO understand what's going on ... on multiple levels.

Back to the Schumann resonance please.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I have a problem with this analogy. A crystal radio needs a bit more than a tuning circuit. Among other things it needs an antenna (composed of an electrical conducting material). An antenna, to be effective (especially to convert an extremely low powered signal) should have a length related to the desired wavelength. Schuman frequencies have very long wavelengths. For example the 20.8Hz frequency has a wavelength of 14,423 km. A quarter wave antenna (the minimal optimized length) would have to be 3,605 km long.

While a high impedance receiver can get away with shorter antennas than that I just don't see what part of the human body can act as an antenna for the pineal gland.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The HF beam is somewhat steerable within a very narrow range above Gakona (that is how it is "wiggled"). The ELF/VLF radiation (produced in the ionosphere) is not aimable, there is no way to aim it.

www.vlf.it...

Hard to follow your rabbit trails, but aside from the fact that HAARP in
Gakona is not alone, remember the world has

EISCAT, CITRUS, THE GLOBAL NETWORK,
IRIS, SERPO, and HIPAS
to name a few.

Last I checked the Inosphere surrounds the Earth.

Rabbit trails and further, that paper you cited is old.

Dated 2003.

Here: from 2008

Geometric modulation: A more effective method of steerable ELF/VLF
wave generation with continuous HF heating of the lower ionosphere

We implement a new method of ELF/VLF wave generation, herein named ‘geometric modulation’, involving scanning the HF heating beam in a geometric pattern without modulating its power. Utilizing results from the upgraded 3.6 MW radiated HAARP HF antenna array, we show that geometric modulation can enhance ELF/VLF wave generation by up to ∼11 dB over the conventional AM method. Geometric modulation also allows directional launching of the signal into the Earth-ionosphere waveguide, forming an unprecedented steerable large-element ELF/VLF ionospheric phased array.

www.agu.org...

Why use outdated material when making rabbit trails?

Oh nevermind, lets just get back to the wonderful aspects of this thread can we?

edit on 27-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I have a problem with this analogy. A crystal radio needs a bit more than a tuning circuit. Among other things it needs an antenna (composed of an electrical conducting material). An antenna, to be effective (especially to convert an extremely low powered signal) should have a length related to the desired wavelength. Schuman frequencies have very long wavelengths. For example the 20.8Hz frequency has a wavelength of 14,423 km. A quarter wave antenna (the minimal optimized length) would have to be 3,605 km long.

While a high impedance receiver can get away with shorter antennas than that I just don't see what part of the human body can act as an antenna for the pineal gland.

The frequency in question I believe is 7.83Hz.

The electromagnetic spectrum has many wavelengths but only a very small portion is visible to the human eye. I find it curious that you would pick 20.8Hz.

And in regards to your antenna the human nervous system would suffice.

1 neuron = 10 microns wide 10 neurons = 100 microns wide 100 neurons = 1000 microns wide = 1 mm wide 1,000 neurons = 10 mm wide = 1 cm wide 100,000 neurons = 100 cm wide = 1 m wide 100,000,000 neurons = 1000 m = 1 km 10,000,000,000 neurons = 100 km 100,000,000,000 neurons = 1000 km (approximately 600 miles)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

So what happens to your brain when in space and well beyond the Earth's natural electro magnetism? Interesting subject nevertheless.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8

So what happens to your brain when in space and well beyond the Earth's natural electro magnetism? Interesting subject nevertheless.

That IS and interesting question...

Probably the same way a glass visor on an astronauts helmet would protect him/her from gamma rays cosmic rays and all the other forms of lethal radiation in space......If you believe that story.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I just picked one of the resonant frequencies. 7.83Hz has a longer wavelength, 38,314 km.

The human nervous system is not really a very good electrical conductor, that's why electricity damages it. While the signals which pass through neurons are electrical in nature it isn't really electricity, it's the movement of potassium and sodium ions. Not only that, not all neurons are in physical contact with others, they are separated at the synapses. But even if they were, an antenna doesn't work when its all bunched up, it has to be extended linearly.

edit on 2/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

with all of your foot stomping in response to phage's messages, you consistently fail to address a one certain topic that he has brought up to you in this thread and others:

*** EM waves are not the same as SOUND waves. ***

any argument to the contrary would be completely moronic. the more you continue to insist that they ARE the same, the more obvious your severe lack of knowledge in this matter becomes.

I know that he (and many others around here) can be frustrating, but you are sacrificing your own credibility.

perhaps you should simply admit that you do not know everything .......

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I just picked one of the resonant frequencies. 7.83Hz has a longer wavelength, 38,314 km.

The human nervous system is not really a very good electrical conductor, that's why electricity damages it. While the signals which pass through neurons are electrical in nature it isn't really electricity, it's the movement of potassium and sodium ions. Not only that, not all neurons are in physical contact with others, they are separated at the synapses. But even if they were, an antenna doesn't work when its all bunched up, it has to be extended linearly.

edit on 2/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I was under the impression its the current in household electricity that damages the neurons. Or is that incorrect?

And in regards to the antenna that is needed to properly align with the 7.8Hz Schumann resonance Dr Micheal Persinger has demonstrated in lab experiments that exposing 2 people to the same frequency electromagnetic field produces phenomena similar to what we call "empathy" where one subject experiences the visual stimuli of the other.

How or why this occurs is still under investigation but the fact that it does is documented.

Im not saying I know whats going on but I think the study deserves further investigation at the very least.

The invention of the fractal antenna is something of an unannounced miracle of technology and is capable of receiving (and transmitting) a wide range of frequencies in a compact space. They are at the heart of all modern cell phones

link

edit on 27-2-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rawzee
If you take notice of a cat when its damaged its self it will purr for hours at a time, i always thought they could heal them selves to some degree if you have any more info on this could you message me please.

Ehh, it is similar to laughing after a very serious injury. Next time your super sick or in serious pain(stomach pains, severe nausea etc) try doing the Ohm(Auum) chant.

The effect may purely be a placebo effect, but it does seem to have an effect(atleast from my perspective it does).

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

with all of your foot stomping in response to phage's messages, you consistently fail to address a one certain topic that he has brought up to you in this thread and others:

*** EM waves are not the same as SOUND waves. ***

Phage did bring this to the OP, and yet reading and re-reading the Original Post, I cannot find any suggestion that EM waves are the same as Sound waves? In fact, I can find no mention of sound waves at all! -Just as the Original Poster answered. Am I mistaken?
It seems that was already addressed, and their debate together moved on to HAARP.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
While it is certainly true that there is no physics relationship between sound frequencies and the frequency fundamentals and harmonics being talked about in the Schumann electromagnetic resonances, there is however a physical relationship... that is we can easily convert one to the other. We convert sound to electromagnetic frequencies by merely using a dynamic microphone. A dynamic microphone uses sound pressure on a diaphragm that vibrates a copper coil over a permanent magnet, producing magnetic induction which produces an electrical signal.

Conversely, a loudspeaker actually creates both sound frequencies AND electromagnetic frequencies. The electrical signal is put into a movable copper coil that is around a magnet core. The coil is attached to a paper diaphragm that radiates the frequency as sound, however , the coil and magnet themselves are also producing very weak electromagnetic frequencies. In this way, you could induce electromagnet frequencies into your head by placing a very large loudspeaker right next to you. You may go deaf due to the sound, but you would definitely be exposed to electromagnetic frequencies that are the same (in hertz) of the sound. Obviously, take away the sound diaphragm, and you have the type of instrument being used to study how the brain reacts to the Alpha, Theta and Beta frequencies that were talked about earlier in the post.

edit on 27-2-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join